LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How many of you on Antiparasitics get Horrific Headache / Migraine like Pains ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many of you on Antiparasitics get Horrific Headache / Migraine like Pains ?
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried Coffee, Caffeine Pills, Narcotics.. Nothing is touching this pain. It does seem to ease up a bit later in the day, but close to the PM hours.

I've had intermittent head pain for a long time, but this has been pretty constant along with the Nausea since starting the Parastroy and re-starting the Salt/c at just 1gm.

What works for you ? I wouldn't even call this a Migraine. It's something else and although it can be in the temples at times, it's also in other areas where most don't report headaches.

I get the pain sometimes in the back of the head over those two skull bumps (Occiputs) at the base of the skull.

Every time I pop the Parastroy, I'm like "I can't believe I just did that" because the pain is already about a 10/10 before I even take them.

Please share what helps for you..

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot comment on the migraines because while I used to get those terribly especially while treating Babesia, I haven't gotten them as bad while taking antiparasitics. I am also taking parastroy for about 2 weeks now. I wanted to comment because I have been having a lot of nausea since taking them. I haven't had nausea in a long time. I noticed you are getting this also. I do notice feeling very toxic though!!! Maybe the headaches are from toxicity and some detox methods may help. Best of luck.

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried Byron White's A Bab and got the worst headaches possible. No problem on A Bart, just the babs treatment. I thought I might be sensitive to an herb in the A Bab. Maybe you can't tolerate the herbs in parastroy. Have you tried any other anti-parasitic?
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen J.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristen J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that problem, and in my case the doc said it was extra histamine produced by parasite treatment. So take Benedryl and see if it helps you. I also take Ketotifen which reduces histamine in the gut...
Posts: 116 | From California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this problem, I just posted about it in the Parasite Warriors thread. I have this only intermittently, accompanied by vomiting.

It seems to be caused by dramatic die-off (toxins). In the past I could avoid it by taking smaller doses of anti-parasite meds.

My most recent episode may have been triggered by a small dose of Bentonite clay which I added one day during my Alinia course. It was kind of shocking, I wasn't expecting it.

I am frustrated because the 'binders' we are supposed to take to absorb toxins often kill parasites (DE, bentonite) and so cause a herx themselves!

Anyway, I put an ice pack on my head for the pain, take some Tramadol if I can keep it down, which helps just enough to make it bearable, though miserable. I will try the Benadryl next time that seems like a good idea...though I hope to avoid a next time!!!

Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imetrex stops my headaches from protomyxzoa and before when I was treating babesia. I get mild headaches when I take stromectol sometimes.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Experience tells me that parasites go hand in hand with heavy metal toxicity. Google your symptoms with heavy metal toxicity and you will find answers.
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cottonbrain
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have this same problem with Parastroy. The first 1/2 dose is okay but i cannot take it more than one day a week...
lymetwister, i second the suggestion for imitrex, but that can have side effects that put you out of commision too.

Posts: 1173 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back off of it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymetwister
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doubt that the Parastroy is causing the head pain. I've never had it so bad as it is now.

I have plowed through and continued on 2 capsules of Pararid and Parasweep 2 x day. There have been many days where I say, I'm gonna hold, I can't take the head pain, but if I get an hour where it eases just a tiny bit, I throw down the pills and then say to myself, "I can't believe I just did that".

Well, today, I'm holding. My head needs a break. Must be breaking up alot of stuff to have such horrific pain. Anxiety use to be my biggest problem. That and emotional lability. I think all of this pain is masking the Anxiety and Emotional stuff, although I could cry from the pain in my head.

It's in the front, sides, top of my head, and then in the back. It moves around, but it's everywhere. I can't imagine this is a migraine, but not sure what else it could be. Caffeine so far doesn't do much.

The other reason I know the Parastroy is working is b/c I have non-stop Nausea too. It's def. a die off Nausea.

Did I mention the horrific eye pains that are so bad, they are watering all the time.

Lovely !!! Just got a chin strap for my Warrior helmet as it was falling off. :-)

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Gigi. Metals are a considerable part of parasite die off. I had headaches that would bounce all over my head (and not on parastroy).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaybabalima
Member # 40029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaybabalima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking A-P which is Byron White's parasite formula and I am taking it with 2 of his detox formulas to prevent die off lethargy and headaches. Also lots of water. They have an information recording on the blog you can listen to to learn more about how to take the detox to prevent the remedy you are on from making you feel worse. I had bed headaches and slept all the time until I figured out the detox part of the equation. No help from my doc by the way. I guess we are living in the era of having to be our own doctors to some degree. It's a full time job. Oh well. If that's the price to pay for wellness...whatever. I'm doing it. Better than leaving your life in the hands of folks who don't know, don't care, or only want your $$.
Posts: 29 | From San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bitten in Bergen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bitten in Bergen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes - I developed migraines when I was taking rifampin. After a few days, they got much better, so I figured it was a herx.

But I had other intolerable symptoms (vomiting, etc.) so I had to lower the dose.

Posts: 348 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement