LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » morning nausea related to parasite called blastocystis---any comments?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: morning nausea related to parasite called blastocystis---any comments?
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is about morning nausea when not pregnant. i have been having it with a few other sx for a few weeks now. i was blaming it on stress...but went online because it is getting worse.

this popped up and i'm not sure it is my exact problem...but i thought it should at least be put on here and myabe gael can say more about it.

"I have had this for 10 months now and it has been hellish. It started out with diarrhea and extreme nausea which would wake me up at 3am. It would last for most of the day but sometimes get a bit better towards the end of the day.

I lost 30 lbs in 2 months and landed in emergency 3 times for dehydration. They

***found a parasite called blastocystis and none of the Drs believed this was the cause. ***

They put me on antibiotics to rule it out and one made me way worse and the other (metronidazole) made me worse while taking it but then the diarrhea slowly disappeared and the blasto was eradicated

After numerous tests, they found out my gallbladder was completely non-functioning and that I had a slight gastrtitis/ulcer. I started to eat an ulcer diet (no caffeine, alcohol, low fat) which helped a bit. Had my gallbladder out (they found no problems with it when examined so no idea why it stopped except maybe the rapid weight loss)

-anyways...long story short is that I am still feeling nauseated in the mornings and sometimes when I'm tired. It is much less severe now and definitely gets worse with alcohol and caffeine so my doctor thinks the stomach is just taking a long time to heal - I hope this is the case as it is
very persistent! "

[ 05-01-2013, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up for help

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was hoping gael would check it...i'm gonna edit the title

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

i was really sick this morning-scary...nausea but also bad wheezing and head ache and dizziness

i already have reflux...so part could be that

i rarely react to the pollen that is here now...but things can change

the mold is an issue-but never gave me nausea b4

i dont know if it is one cause or many

also last friday i was at an outdoor party where ppl were coughing....

anyway...it seems to go away as day goes on andi get some food in me...PT is late tomorrow so i should be able to make it

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking maybe you caught something. Let's hope that's "all" it is~!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had blastocystis hominis several yrs ago. My symptoms were abdominal cramping and foul smelling, greasy looking stools. I was put on flagyl which cleared it up. I just went through extensive stool testing for parasites which was negative but it did show vegetable fibers which means I am not properly digesting my food as well as extensive yeast.

Have you tried eliminating dairy? Food allergy testing may be very beneficial. I was amazed at how many foods I eat every day that I am allergic to.

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been battling blastocystis for 2 years now after drinking contaminated well water on vacation for a week and then having our own house well water go bad 6 months later. My immune system was compromised at the time because I had breast cancer.

It can be hard to get rid of. Stool testing from meetametrix found it in me after I also had EDS and muscle testing showing it was there. I also later had Dr. Cahill in manhattan (parasitologist) find it in me through a test he does in his office which is much more accurate than stool testing. Unfortunately he doesn't think blasto is pathogenic (he is dead wrong) but at least he is good at finding whatever is there.

There is a forum called PPTU which may give you some info as well as the bad bugs site which you may have already found.

What is helping me the most is rifing. I think eventually I will get rid of it through that. My kids have gotten rid of it through rife and herbs.

When I drank the contaminated water when on vacation I was so nauseous I lost about 12 pounds. Rife is what started getting me slowly back to health.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could also be giardia or some other food/water borne parasite. They all can cause headache and dizziness and nausea.

If you are near NYC, Dr. Cahill would be a good start for you. Half of the battle is figuring out what it is.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ip, I just saw this thread. Nausea and your other symptoms are def on the parasite symptom list. Where there is one parasite there are usually a lot more.

Parasites can take a long time to get rid of and tx needs to be ongoing. Are you on any antiparasitics?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

this is specific to waking int the morning...and gets better as day goes on

im not really on anti paraite stuff right now...altho i keep seeing the many supps i have figured out i need to keep myself able to walk a few steps do many things...

i am taking so much to get just minimal function right now

hopefully my life will calm down and the mobility will resolve to a point i can get back on them.

i liked the salt c and took other stuff. i have DE sitting on my counter

--------------------

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got rid of this parasite by using 500mg alinia (10 days at 2x/day). Good luck.
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I used to wake up in the morning or at 3-4-5am in the morning and feel sooooo bad - long after I no longer had any Lyme & Co. infections --- I went to Dr. K. and he said "your liver is hard as a rock - you have liver flukes --- do MMS enemas staring with one drop, etc. That is what I did and I am no longer feeling terrible in the morning: I simple had an overloaded liver that could not cope with liver flukes, parasites, etc.

In less than a week on MMS I felt better and now after close to 3 months on MMS I feel great.

I am still disposing of some very tiny stuff - parasites that I have probably carried through many years.

Gael is right - you need to treat parasites. But choose the suitable way to do it. Often it takes some pharmas along with herbals or other. And do not forget that the dead parasites and the metals they are releasing need to be addressed with colonics, again and again; enemas will take care of some, but not nearly what a colonic accomplishes. You will believe it when you see the liver dumps that may not happen until 2nd or 3rd colonic.

It's useless to try address a certain parasite, because they mutate into things that we probably have no name for. So keep parasites in the forefront. Symptoms do not go away as long as we carry an overload of parasites. The liver certainly does not appreciate it. I finally gave in when I started to have nightsweats as if I had all sorts of infections: no, zero, only some liver flukes and parasites.

I have posted Dr. K.'s parasite protocol well thought out and used all over the world by other physicians and it was eliminated by moderators
Don't use the blood brain barrier crosser pharmaceuticals too early. The order of the protocol, or at least energetic testing to assure which is the right one, is important.

Don't continue pushing pharmas or herbals if you do not feel at least somewhat fair by clearing out the dead debris. It is useless while you retain all the toxins. If you do MMS, go back to less and work up again.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So GiGi,

Does this mean that one needs their detox pathways - methylation stuff, especially - working before treating parasites?

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement