LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Interactive Metronome

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Interactive Metronome
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried this for cognitive problems with Lyme?
Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
It would drive me to throw it through a window within a few seconds for various reasons.

It could be far too much of a sensory overload for someone with lyme, especially a child and anyone with any kind of inner ear issues.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I could barely watch any of this due to the very harsh tones they use - even at low volume, the metalic tone is VERY painful. And I listen to computer with a very good pair of the best headphones, Sennheiser.

The moving of the hands also would throw me off balance, for sure.

https://www.interactivemetronome.com/

Interactive Metronome site
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
That idea is a good one but the tools they choose - I think - can be so very wrong for anyone with lyme, inner ear or brain irritations for whatever reason.

It's important to keep in mind that lyme can compromise the myelin sheath, the protective layer surround nerve fibers - and that can make sounds hurt, literally.

If that is the case, let the child guide you. If it's not, a child may find this fun. One thing I've learned from all kinds of sensory dysfunction is that no one ever trusts that what I'm telling them is true.

a child, this could be devasting so whatever method, whoever guides it, I hope they are fully lyme literate and very experienced with sensory dysfunction.

If this seems a good thing for this particular child, great.

If not, what might work best, without any fancy equiptment is a Qi Gong or Tai Chi sort of class. Or a Yoga class, specifially for the age group and sensitivities involved.

I think activities that do not involve any kind of screen or computer are best. Dancing? Soccer plays even if not the full team experience? (Dare I suggest) some kind of soft drumming?

In an environment that does not use ANY fluorescent lights.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I'm assuming you are asking for a child as there is a child in the demo video. If for an adult, feedback would be easier, of course but it's just so harsh to all my senses that it would be detrimental, indeed.
-

jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is for a teen. I wouldn't do it, if it was painful for her.

I know someone that did this for their much younger child who did not have Lyme and was happy with the results. She thinks it could be helpful for my daughter, too.

Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement