LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » crazy itchy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crazy itchy
munchin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for munchin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on azith,mepron,doxy,probiotics and supplements for the past few months.

Switched the doxy for mino. I took it for about a week and once I got past the dizzy phase all was fine.

Five days ago I woke in the middle of the night crazy itchy head to toe. It's absolutely maddening.

I was sent for blood work and told to stop abx and mepron. I take one Zyrtec which controls the itch for 48 hours ( oh so grateful )

I am very careful with diet to avoid yeast. Been off abx for five days now. Any thoughts as to what this could be? I'm scared of being off abx

Posts: 137 | From New england | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast .. yep. Maybe it's time for some Diflucan.

Candida Diet and Elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

Another Candida Diet list:
http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoavoid.htm

Symptoms of Candida:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/104816?#000000

Systemic Yeast and its Importance in Remission:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/104860#000000

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another guess - could this be a histamine reaction to something?
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be histamine intolerance, or Mast Cell Activation. I am having the same. It's horrible. You can try avoiding foods high in histamine.

http://www.foodsmatter.com/allergy_intolerance/histamine/articles/histamine.html

http://roosclues.blogspot.com/2010/03/low-histamine-diet.html

Mast cells go after bacteria and infection. Produce histamine. I am not itching as much by avoiding high histamine foods. Unfortunately, this meant getting rid of my Kefir, yogurt, berries, spinach, bananas and cinnamon that I used in a smoothie every morning ...

feel better, itching so horribly is not fun!

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you are off the mepron, which works by oxidizing, you can ramp up on the antioxidants.

Antioxidants will help the cells to function better and will support the liver's work of detoxifying waste and poisons.

CoEnzyme Q10
Magnesium
Fish oil
N-acetyl cysteine
Acetyl l-carnitine
Milk thistle

Antioxidants are essential in helping the cells to work properly.
When your cells work right, the body works smoothly, and you feel better.

Since your doctor doesn't know which antibiotic you're having a reaction to, he will probably have you restart any medication cautiously, one at a time, in a low dose.

Which supplements do you have on hand?

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mino would be the most obvious if it's from a med.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munchin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for munchin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the great info. I was thinking the mino too but I had been on it for over two weeks.

The supplements I'm taking are vit d,b12,milk thistle,mag,curcumin,florstor and ult flora 200 bil

Posts: 137 | From New england | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was your liver function test ok? Liver problems can cause terrible itching.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munchin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38744

My blood work results have not come back yet
munchin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38744

So I'm still crazy itchy
Stopped all abx and took diflucan for over two weeks
Blood tests were normal and I absolutey have to take a antihistamine every other day.
Is it really ok to take them and just live like it. Not one thing in my life has changed. What could it be?

lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The seasons changed. Maybe it's an allergy?

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munchin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38744

should I see an allergist.
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 weeks of Diflucan isn't going to cut it if you don't have the good bacteria in your system and I'm afraid a probiotic pill isn't going to cut it either. [Frown]

I also think Candida can related to mast cell issues.

"Mast cell degranulation in gastrointestinal mucosa of BALB/c mice with gastrointestinal Candida colonisation"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1856330/

Also, feelfit, kefir should be ok with mast cell issues.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22293347

Also, magnesium is a natural antihistamine:
http://healthblog.ivlproducts.com/blog/health-well-being-and-spirituality/magnesium-a-natural-antihistamine

And low Mg is also related to mast cell activation:
Ca2+ and Mg2+ competition appears to regulate secretion of histamine by the mastocytes

Ca2+ ion stimulates secretion of histamine
Mg2+ ion inhibits the secretion
http://mdschoice.com/articles/vitamin-mineral_magnesium.php

I would make sure you're on a good Mg, Pico ionic form that can actually get into the cells, like ReMag.

Also, gluten can cause itching, autoimmune reactions. Our body cannot tell the difference between gluten and yeast and so when we ingest gluten protein our body tries to attack it.

If you are already gluten free, I'd make sure the drugs, lotions, etc. didn't have gluten - just so as to leave no stone unturned.

Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your scalp is itching, I'm inclined to think yeast. 2 weeks of Diflucan could be causing a die off reaction.
Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munchin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38744

The itch is random, everywhere head to toe. I will check out those sites
munchin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38744

Eyes,brows,ears,jaw line,neck chest,arms,behind knees ugg
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

They were mainly for feelfit since he/she said they were having mast cell activation.

I hope you find the source of your itching, soon! Obviously, your immune system is reacting to *something*. [Frown]

girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

(Unless you want to find a good Magnesium, that ReMag is awesome!)

I would add some cultured veggies to your diet too, full of good bacteria that can actually "latch on" to the intestine wall.

lax mom
Member # 38743

girl: how do you get tested for Mast Cell problems? What type of Dr treats that?

munchin: if you don't have side effects from Zyrtec, I would just continue taking it. It just knocks me out, so I can't take it regularly.

BTW, I'm itchy at the moment. I thought it was from my liver, but who knows. I think all of this talk about itchiness is making my skin itch [Wink]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Lax mom, I don't know but I can ask some of my mast cell friends. I'll report back later. Some of them have been to 100's of doctors.

The Mast Cell Activation Disorder can cause leaky gut though, which we all know Candida can too. But I'll ask about the testing and see what they say. Also, one of them has been tested for Lyme so go figure. The drugs they take for it though, the antihistamines, some of them are filled with gluten only making the leaky gut worse, I'm sure.

I think it's all related to Candida, though, just a bad, bad case of Candida - or very chronic... JUST my opinion, though. I am just beginning to learn about the disease.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by munchin:
Eyes,brows,ears,jaw line,neck chest,arms,behind knees ugg

-
Try yeast first. If you've been on long term abx, it's a given.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

I would try some skin brushing before an epsom slat bath in case there are toxins trying to leave via the skin. A hot bath will make you sweat, too.

DO NOT take an oatmeal bath if you are gluten free because some oats contain gluten and this could aggravate things. Also, if you're gluten free 100% make sure and check your lotions, etc. to make sure you're not exposing yourself.

Our body reacts the same way to gluten as it does to Candida so if you're exposed to gluten this can make you go "auto.immune" as your body tries to "attack" what it thinks is Candida.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement