LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » At the Er :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: At the Er :(
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My intestines feel inflamed, my blood is pulsing through my body, and when I press on my appendix a shoot pain radiates all over. I also have a crazy migraine like headache I have never had before. It feels like my me mengines are throbbing.

I am waiting to go back and have getting a ct scan with contrast. This liquid stuff is awful. Any suggestions what to do? They know I have Lyme and Babesia. Surprisingly, the nurses child has Lyme and understands me and knew what mepron was and everything. She spoke in a very uneasy quiet tone though as if though she didn't feel like she should talk about it.

I just hope this doesn't set back my treatment. Anyone ever have appendicitis?

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
xrunner,

Sorry to hear that you are in the ER. Of course, such a visit is never fun for those of us with tbd's.

Personally, I have not had appendicitis, however, coming from the shared perspective of having Lyme and Babs, I can relate (and empathize) with your exact symptoms. Mepron can be quite tough on the liver, so, regardless of whether or not you end up being dx with appendicitis, a recent blood check on your liver function is probably a good idea. Are you, by chance, also taking Artemisinin (or Cryptolepis)? If so, again, blood work is likely a wise choice at this time.

Having been in the ER a multitude of times now, myself, I guess that I'd just also offer you a supportive reminder to simply try and remain as calm as possible (as difficult as that may be). And, learning of this 'helpful' nurse by your side...please just trust that you are already one (HUGE) step ahead of the game.

Feel better, soon, and pls keep us posted!

Told you...

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAXlover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAXlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no, so sorry you are in the ER. I hope they are able to help you with your pain. Good luck and keep us posted.

I'm glad you have the nurse to talk to eventhough she is hesitant.

I'm unable to sleep because my kid was bit again today and I'm going crazy! Noticed you are also from Baltimore. I've been here my entire life but feel like I want to move!!!!!

-LAXlover

--------------------
LAXlover

Posts: 371 | From Northern Baltimore Area | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are in the right place. Keep us posted.

A friend with Lyme and co's had an emergency appendectomy a couple years ago. She healed very quickly with no exacerbation or setbacks.

It's really a minor procedure these days. I'm glad you have a nurse ally. Typical that she's wanting to remain under the radar with her own Lyme literacy. [shake]

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My DH had an appendicitis. He said the pain started after breakfast, and kept getting worse and worse and worse. His coworker took him to the ER, then called me.

They had a hard time figuring out what was going on because he couldn't keep the contrast down for the CT scan. But once they did figure it out, he was rushed into surgery.

He recovered quickly. Said he felt soooo much better when he woke up from the surgery...all that pain gone.

I hope they are able to figure out what's going on for you, and that they can help. Glad you have a nurse there who seems to "get" the whole Lyme thing.

I was at the ER myself last month...not a fun place to be.

Will be praying for you...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you get home and have had some time to recover, call and talk to the billing office at the hospital.

Many hospitals have charity programs or payment plans that can help you pay your bill without destroying your budget.

You'll likely have to fill out a form and provide proof of income.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphnesmom1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphnesmom1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These visits to the ER are never pleasant for us.

At least the nurse is sympathetic, which is good. And it's best to make sure your pain isn't from something other than Lyme and coinfections.

Have you called your LLMD to let them know you are there?

Hang in there. Let us know how you make out.

--------------------
"Yeah, I miss me too."

Posts: 234 | From NY originally registered in 2008 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep us posted! Hope you are feeling better now!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it isn't appendicitis, you might want to have liver enzymes checked, just in case mepron is doing this. I had to stop it for a while, then resume.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here is what happened....

Of course my blood work can back "normal" but my small right intestine was inflamed. They gave me that nuclear dye stuff and took a ct scan of my abdomen.

They gave me IV pain medicine and eventually my headache went away. The ER doctor actually knew who my LLMD was when I mentioned her name and she called her. She took my off Cholestyramine, Pinella and GastroMycin. They are not sure if it was a severe die off reaction or what. I have no family history of colitis or chrons and my bowls have always been fine.

I was released around 8 am and then went to bed when I got home. My intestines still feel inflamed and uncomfortable. I am on a liquid diet for a few days and my LLMD said to maybe see a gastro. I still have to talk to her about what happened as she was busy when I called. I am hoping and praying this just goes away soon and I return to my normal-Lyme self.

Thanks for everyone's support! This forum is amazing.

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Now my temp is 100F and I have severe chills.
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Cholestyramine was too hard on your intestines. Is that a possibility?

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Be sure whatever liquid diet you make for yourself - that it is gluten-free and also free of ALL additives as they can make the intestines a war zone.

Diary, too, could be part of the problem.

Quinoa Flakes can be very handy for a time like this, you can make them very thin, or a a thicker paste. Great nutrients. Balanced.

Pureed foods, too, are good.

Hope you feel better soon.

------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors;

HOW & WHY: GMO foods can destroy the GI Tract; Gluten; Dairy.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think toxins can cause symptoms like you are having. Every case is different. Someone I know had their appendix removed & it turned out she was having a reaction to "dead" fibroids. Apparently - they die after going through menopause since estrogen feeds them (I think). We make less estrogen after menopause.

The body doesn't like having dead stuff or toxins that it can't release. The person I know doesn't have Lyme. You may need to cut back on your treatment in favor of detoxing a bit? Just an idea...

You may need to try some anti-parasite herbs or meds, too - in time. Hope you feel better.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xrunnerx2012:
Now my temp is 100F and I have severe chills.

-
Keep an eye on that. You may have to go back.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement