LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How accurate is ART testing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How accurate is ART testing?
NJFitnessGuy
Member # 30886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NJFitnessGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week I went to a Lyme Literate ART practitioner, who has been training under Dr. K. for 8 years, and teaches ART classes.

She says that my ART testing came back positive for: Bartonella, Mold, and Cytomegalovirus (in my right eye).

She also came to the conclusion that I am very deficient in Magnesium and Zinc, and am also very sensitive to EMF`s.

She wants me to eliminate EMF`s as best possible and mold asap and treat for HPU/KPU with "Core".

She thought this should be the first step before even starting to treat for Bartonella.

She said I did not show up positive for Borrelia, but didn`t necessarily mean that I don`t have it.

My question is, just how accurate is ART testing?

Is it possible that I never had lyme all these years, but just the Bartonella? When I first tested through Igenix about 13-14 years ago, LLMD`s were not really testing for Bartonella, just lyme, Babesia and Ehrlichia. I did grow up with a lot of cats and been scratched many times by my cats and strays.

Posts: 85 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there is any science in this but a number of people on this forum swear by it.

Would not be surprised, though, if you weren't zinc and Mg deficient. You know bart can be acquired by a tickbite too?

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For myself, I would use it to determine treatment priorities, not verify that you do/do not have a specific infection.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NJFitnessGuy
Member # 30886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NJFitnessGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poppy:
I don't think there is any science in this but a number of people on this forum swear by it.

Would not be surprised, though, if you weren't zinc and Mg deficient. You know bart can be acquired by a tickbite too?

Thanks for the reply.

Of course the idea for the past 14 years has been likely that it was a tick bite if I even do indeed have lyme.

I didn`t receive a positive test back then for lyme, Babesia, Ehrlichia, so I do not want to rule out the possibility of this just being Bartonella and not lyme, thus possibly not even being bitten by a tick.

Posts: 85 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you trust the practitioner, I would pretty much trust the test results. I test myself, mixing ART and energy testing with tensor and base all my treatment on those tests. I have been doing that for a year, and advanced the most since I started it.

Doing the tests will allow you to see what infection or body deficiencies caused by those infections are to be addressed and what treatment will be sufficient to do that. There is no other methods or tests that will allow you to see that!!!

Borrelia didn't test as a priority? This doesn't surprise me. It might show-up sooner or later. When multiple infections are present(with Lyme it is always the case, I have seen at least a dozen co-infections in me showing up at different times (the famous layers !!!!), your body will test for the once on the surface.

As you treat, and those will be eradicated, the other ones will come to the surface.

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NJ,

i justed started down this road myself. and i supoose more than anything i have tried to have an opne mind. i was told i had babesia which after 7 years i never treated and never had any of the standard sypmtoms. 2 months into treating it looks like that was spot on. i have had some symptoms appear after treating and i have had a few really good days as well...i know realize this infection was part of the puzzle

had the same thing happen with KPU....i am alomts three months in with that....take some time to read my posts....it has been very rough...just now getting easier.

Ps...are you seeing a Dr in NJ? curious if we are going to the same woman?

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NJFitnessGuy
Member # 30886

DaveNJ,

Thanks for the reply. I will be sure to read up on your posts.

What is your treatment protocol for KPU?

Yes, I am seeing a Dr. in NJ. She is Dr. R. Is this the same woman you are seeing?

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NJ,

yup same Dr. i will PM you

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave - what are you treating babesia with?

NJfitness - what are you doing to treat Bartonella, Mold, and Cytomegalovirus (in my right eye)?

Just curious. I'm considering seeing the same doctor. I probably would have went sooner but some other stuff came up that I had to deal with.

I haven't tried ART but I do my own dowsing & it's been pretty accurate. It good to have an objective opinion, though. Sometimes I get a bit biased doing it for myself.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NJFitnessGuy
Member # 30886

sparkle7:

Dr. R. figures the Bartonella treatment can wait until I clear up the other issues first.

First she wants me to take care of the mold & EMF issues all together. There are no meds or supplements for this, but taking care of my living environment.

She thinks HPU/KPU treatment should then be taken care of with "Core" by Biopure and also has me on Re-Mag Magnesium and/or Magnesium Glycinate by Moss.

The Viressence by Biopure should help aid in the eradication of the Cytomegalovirus in my right eye.

After that, I will see what the step for the Bartonella will be.

She is all about Dr. K`s 5 levels of healing and seems to really care about her patients.

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many people swear by it but I saw a Dr K trained practitioner and it was so way off for me, I can't believe I spent $300 on that.

I had a severely infected gallbladder about to burst and pancreatitis, unbeknownst to me, and went in out of desperation with severe abdominal pain. She did not even DETECT ANY ISSUE with my gallbladder or pancreas at all! I ended up in the ER two days later, and in the hospital a few days after that having emergency surgery.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indica440
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Indica440     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was doing a custom art lyme cocktail and it didnt help at all. hpu treatment made me worse and not better. it didnt get better i just faded out and could not live anymore.
Posts: 141 | From cali | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
patches10025
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patches10025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a custom ART lyme cocktail for three months and I spent over $1000. I was told(correctly I believe) that I had lyme and most of the co-infections. Other tests have confirmed the diagnosis.

However, I never felt better and never even had a herxheimer reaction.

I am now starting the Cowden Protocol.

Posts: 254 | From Westchester, NY | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a well respected ART practioner. After being told I didn't have Bart, I resisted treatment and focused on babs. After never getting over the last hump my LLMD put me on rifampin

Viola- getting over last hump. Wish I had started treating Bart earlier [Frown]

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I keep saying - learning ART is the best thing that happened to me during my Lyme escapade.

The problem that I see when you go to be tested by someone is that the results of the ART tests are accurate for that particular moment and not for the past and not for the future.

That's why ideally is to test several times per day, because your body needs, priority to treat, pathogens that are surfaced at the moment changes.

Given that Lyme disease is pathogen's soup - not all co-infections will show-up at once, but it doesn't mean that you don't have it. Later on when other infections go, new ones resurface.

What I'm trying to say here is trustful ART practitioner will be able to help you like no one else could, but you have to do the tests often enough.

Bets: I'm not saying that you didn't have Bartonella, but Rifampin is very wide spectrum abx covering many pathogens at once.

My LLMD was very good, but she based my treatment on my symptoms and told me that rib pain was Babesia and feet pain was Bart- the classical approach.

Doing ART I know now, that yes I had Bab and Bart, but even after those infections went into remission I still had those symptoms remaining , because it was haemomycoplasma that was causing it.

If I was continuing the classical LLMD approach I would probably still thinking that I have very stubborn Babesia or even protomyxzoa (also suggested by my LLMD).

ART allowed me to see what is causing those particular symptoms and the most important thing -how to eradicate it.

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anuta,

How are you addressing the haemomycoplasma? Are you using the DB nosodes for myco and photons?

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymelisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thinking perhaps what arises through ART are the most active and debilitating of symptoms, and lyme may be dormant at the tiime
Posts: 138 | From Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No treatment works 100% for everyone. At least, none that I have seen. I never tried ART (not artemesia) but I use dowsing. Sometimes, there can be "blind spots". Allopathic testing is not always accurate, either.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Hiker: Desbio nosodes didn't eliminate any of multiple myc. strains that I had. I had to order individual nosodes from Hildegard.

Myc. Haemofeelis is the most difficult pathogen to eliminate, even more then babesia. But my tests say that photons + nosoeds are enough to eradicate it. I trust my tests it never lets me down!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement