LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » PLEASE SIGN PETITION TO PRESERVE COMPOUNDING PHARMACIES NOW---CRITICAL!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE SIGN PETITION TO PRESERVE COMPOUNDING PHARMACIES NOW---CRITICAL!!!
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends, big pharma is at it again trying to use our government to get this passed. We cannot let this happen. The bill S.959 is cleverly written in a way that would shut off access to two compounded drugs now, but ultimately much more down the road.

This is all for the benefit of the drug makers. They want the money and don't want the compounding pharmacies to get it.

You might read the link below and think that if you're not taking the two meds that this won't affect you. Not so.

The benefits of compounding are vast. Just as an example, I cannot take meds with sweeteners or soy in them, so compounding is essential for me. Basically, just about ANY med can be compounded. The fillers in nystatin don't work for me, but the compounded version does.

What if you or someone you know needs a med that is out of stock (look what's happening to doxy)? You'd be out of luck and couldn't get it compounded because this bill wont allow compounding pharmacies to make it.

What if you or someone you know desperately needs heart medication but can't take a certain filler that is in it, or the med is short or out of stock? These are just a few reasons why compounding is essential.

It's two meds now, but will be much more later, and even WORSE than that: this bill essentially opens the door to getting rid of all compounding pharmacies (they won't make enough money and be forced to close).

Please put any political views aside (not what this is about), as this bill will affect each and every one of us. It opens the door to allow our government to tell us what we can and cannot have.

We are already blocked from getting meds out of the country, now big pharma is attempting to get their foot in the door to limit the compounding pharmacies under the guise of them saying they don't want the drugs copied.

This is all about money folks, but ultimately will affect us all down the road.

We can band together to stop this. If this is allowed to pass, before you know it we will lose access to other compounded drugs.

Our congress people don't have a clue how we feel about this until we tell them. All you have to do is click on the link, and sign.

Most people are asleep at the wheel, but we here in the lyme community can do this. Click on the link below and fill in the blanks and click send (sends it to your senators.

http://www.anh-usa.org/compounded-medications/

[ 07-17-2013, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so important. Moderators, can you please leave this in medical so more people can see it?

Thank you.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Thanks.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy to Help but I'm not giving them all my personal information in order to send a letter to my politician
Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Please, everyone, consider doing this for your children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews. It's too important to ignore.

This is another example of how a lobbyist convinced a congressperson to help a pharmaceutical company. Supreme Court ruling that was basically upheld (below). Once something like this is passed, it's quite difficult to get it changed.

http://www.dailypaul.com/291869/supreme-court-rules-drug-companies-exempt-from-lawsuits

--------------------

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Compounding pharmacy said they are not taking the compounded pharmacies away but are adding more hoops for them to jump through.

They have to buy specific testing equipment now and dates on drugs that are stable at room temperature, refrigerated and frozen all have new guidelines.

For example, I use methylcobalamin every month and now I have to give the pharmacy a weeks notice before I want it as the batch has to be tested for 4 consecutive days.

This will certainly close the pharmacies that are not following the new rules and cost more money for them to run.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will increase prices on compounded medications, already that are hard to afford because many insurance plans won't cover compounded meds.

I see this as a direct attack on compounded meds for the benefit of huge pharmaceutical companies.

Please everyone take action. If you aren't comfortable giving your own personal contact info, make something up or use an old address you don't use anymore.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Thank you Razzle!

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a form letter that we can just sign? I'm not good at writing, thanks.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

If you click on the link above, it will guide you through and automatically sends it to your senators (easy to do).

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Just edited my original post. This is from above:

We are already blocked from getting meds out of the country, now big pharma is attempting to get their foot in the door to limit the compounding pharmacies under the guise of them saying they don't want the drugs copied. This is all about money folks, but ultimately will affect us all down the road.

[ 07-10-2013, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------

Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Catgirl. Will do.
Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Signed.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Infuserve has already said that this is NOT just a limited thing. This is not like the previous attempts, they are out to eliminate ALL compounding completely!
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are not going to win this one. That one compounding pharmacy that killed people by not following sterile procedures with making those steroids has changed the way compounding pharmacies work.

They are trying to put the small places that don't follow protocols out of business. This was explained to me by a compounding pharmacist that doesn't like the new rules but said there is a reason for them. To get rid of those that are doing dangerous things behind closed doors and we don't know who they are because we fill prescriptions from them but don't know what goes on when they make up our drugs.

Yes, prices have already gone up. Infuserve has been reasonable with the increases and actually lowered some prices when I got pushy about it.

Just so you know, most compounding pharmacies have had to buy expensive testing equipment to follow the new guidelines set forth for them to stay in business.

They have to recoup what they spent and one company had to buy a $40K machine to test with. The prices will go up for that reason alone.

So the damage to pricing is already done. The changes are already made to the pharmacies.

I still signed the petition but you have to understand that after writing the senators in my state, this is not going to change the law that is now in place.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bitten in Bergen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bitten in Bergen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DONE.
Posts: 348 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Signed it. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

It's really hard to undo once it is done. We can help stop this. Click on bottom link, fill in info and it will go straight to your senators.

http://www.anh-usa.org/pharma-compounded-medications/

http://www.anh-usa.org/compounded-medications/

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement