LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » H. Pylori?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: H. Pylori?
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like I tested positive for this.

Any general info to share? Advice/tips?

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had tested positive via stool sample but endoscopy biopsy said no h.pylori. I do not recall having symptoms but did treat with tetra./biaxin/flagyl.
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helicobacter pylori - Molecular Probe Positive
Helicobacter pylori - EIA Negative

Any thoughts on these results?

Does one finding trump the other?

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had h. pylori. The stool test and blood test were done the same week. Stool was negative, but the blood test had crazy high titers. The breath test is suppose to be most accurate.

I treated with prev pack. Basically, if the h. pylor isn't in the sample, it will be negative and you can still have the infection (which is what happened to me).

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does that mean if the stool is positive but stomach biopsy negative then you go with the stool sample results?
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say yes, the stool had it in the sample. You have h. pylori somewhere for it to be showing up.
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
patty7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patty7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a positive microbial probe and negative EAI stool by Genova through nutritionist. MD did not recognize this lab and had me do a breath test which was negative, so no treatment. Wondering if this lab is reliable and questioning what to do. What test is most reliable?
Posts: 194 | From Pa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took an herbal supplement for it....Pyloricil. Must have worked, because now I test negative.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Interesting.....my doc told me everyone has some amount of h.pylori in their stools. I don't know if I buy it.,
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know 2 people who cured their ulcers with drinking ozone water. It is reported to be the safest and most effective treatment for H pylori. Use the antacids only for a couple days after stomach pain is gone.

some people develop resistant h pylori infections from the prev packs

yes, everyone has H pylori. It becomes a problem when too little acid is in the stomach to keep it in check and from invading the stomach lining

the connection between stress and ulcers is that in the constant fight or flight stress hormone response stomach acid is greatly reduced, which accounts for the bacteria to take hold.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After my husband suffered with helicobacter for at least 10 years, his gastro did an endoscopy and took a tissue sample from his stomach. It was positive for helicobacter.

With endoscopy (a camera down your throat into the stomach), if you have helicobacter, there will be a redness in a certain area of the stomach. The gastro takes the tissue sample from this area and perhaps a few other areas also. The gastro said that untreated, after so many years helicobacter can turn into cancer. So, it really should be treated.

He treated him with triple therapy: a proton pump inhibitor (ppi) like Prilosec and 2 antibiotics.

He was supposed to stay on this for 14 days but due to a medication reaction he quit after about 10-11. That was good enough. The h. pylori never returned.

This was about 20 years ago.

Now, the medical literature is saying that only about 80% of cases are cured with triple therapy. See this article, for example:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3449761/

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have H. Pylori right now.. I am miserable. This is the 3rd time for me in 2 years. I know the symptoms for myself but have a breath test scheduled next week with the GI doc.

What symptoms is anyone experiencing? I have ridiculous stomach and intestinal pains...?? Not to mention burping and belching. Not really any acid reflux. AND Extreme constipation. GRRRRR!

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

"What symptoms is anyone experiencing? I have ridiculous stomach and intestinal pains...??"

I had stabbing pains in my stomach that would come and go. It was like a knife being jabbed in at random times in my lower right side (I couldn't find any food relationship, not ovaries or appendix, had those checked in several ways).

The GI doc thought it was spasms.

It was a Lyme doc who thought to run a blood test (the same week as the stool test was ran by PCP). Blood test was crazy positive.

I treated with prev pack through LLMD.

All I know is that horrible, stabbing pain that I suffered from for a year didn't come back after.

I still have soreness and spasms sometimes (when I forget my mint and DGL it acts up), but the random episodes of pain that brought me to my knees are gone.

I've tried various forms of ozone therapy over the years and it didn't do much for me.

Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is exactly where I am at right now again! The right side pain is so intense. And under the ribs. I had a small bowel series today and the radiologist told me I had a lot of air in my small intestines and even showed me my appendix on the monitor. Normal of course. Frustrating!!!!!! I can barely touch my ribs!

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement