LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  57  58  59   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! An update from me...

I am now 600 dives in, 1 hr every day. I continue to have persistent fatigue after normal daily tasks like going to school, sometimes migraines, random swelling, brain fog, mood swings, anxiety, and depression/apathy.

I notice horrible mood swings, a crop of pimples in my mouth area, and extra swelling, constipation, and blood sugar problems whenever I eat anything with salicylates and it is frustrating. I consume mostly bone broth, sardines, grassfed meats and organs, and eggs now. I know it sounds dreadfully unbalanced, but whatever keeps me from feeling worse, for now I guess.

I have found that when I am severely sick, my adrenals ache. I have added b5 (pantothenic acid) and I feel so much better when I supplement that... makes me wonder what's going on with the adrenals (obviously shot from battling chronic infection for so long).

However, I took the saliva test a while ago, and everything came back "normal". I noticed a change (just coincidence? I don't know) in how my skin reacts to the sun. I would get blistery rashes after just a tiny amount of exposure to the sun (we are talking something like 3 minutes) so I would have to work my dog walks around that, and go early in the morning or late in the evening.

Since the supplementation (or is it long-time mHBOT therapy?), I no longer get rashes even though I walk home from the bus stop in full noontime sun for 15 minutes at a time.

Not sure where I'm at now. I am obviously going to continue my daily hour-long dives, I don't feel the need to be on any antimicrobials.. but I am also frustrated because I want to be normal (whatever that is) without all these little invisible handicaps that keep me from reaching my full potential.

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spinning122

Sounds like you are struggling😒. Do you eat any vegetables? When we don't get enough nutrition to run our bodies things start to snowball and new symptoms appear as old ones stay around and possibly get worse. Lack of vitamins and minerals can have negative effects. Do you supplement with anything? Also in order for the body to repair it needs those vitamins, minerals and proteins in a healthy balance.

What kind of an eating plan are you on? Many vegetables and seeds have protein as well as much needed vitamins. I hope things turn around soon.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a list of general symptoms that can occur from deficits that I found on a site I will post with the basic vitamins listed.

Pallor (pale skin)
fatigue
weakness
trouble breathing
unusual food cravings
hair loss
periods of lightheadedness
constipation
sleepiness
heart palpitations
feeling faint or fainting
depression
tingling and numbness of the joints
menstrual issues (such as missed periods or very heavy cycles)
poor concentration

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Here's the website, and there are many more with more information.

http://www.healthline.com/health/malnutrition#Symptoms4

Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spinning122...

Can you remind me if you have or are treating thyroid issues?

Also, I know you are not on antimicrobials anymore, but any other meds currently?

I think your improvement with B5 is a clue (I'm going to ask my methylation guru friend about this...)

I appreciate that you have come a very long way (as you are now able to go to school, etc.), but are definitely struggling and not yet experiencing "normal health"...

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peimomma, thank you for that information, I appreciate it!

I have been tweaking my diet for years, grain-free sugar-free, (paleo I guess you'd say), did lots of juicing fresh organic vegetables, soaked seeds/nuts, avocados, sardines, bone broth etc. and never felt quite right.

Maybe about a year ago, I started getting horribly sick with severe acne, weird flu-ish symptoms (not my normal Lyme Babesia Bartonella etc sick) and I found that I had become severely salicylate-intolerant. So I as I cut out the worst offenders, I felt better and better.

As far as supplements go (I know we should get most of what we need from food and all the foods I eat are extremely nutrient-dense), I take probiotics (from custom probiotics, florastor, prescript-assist), magnesium, Concentrace in my water, Ester-C, vit D, b-complex once or twice a week, and most recently B5.

Phoiph, yes, a couple months back I had that terrible thyroid attack where I felt like it was swollen and choking me, painful, cold, gaining weight. My doctor had the levels checked and I had a high TSH (still normal in their charts but I know those numbers are rubbish) and low t3 so I am taking t3 now (which makes me feel better). My numbers are back down to normal.

I'm not on any other meds/supplements besides the t3 and supps mentioned above.

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beloved
Member # 37415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 Dives, I took 2 days off from die off. I'm back to diving tonight. My main symptom is bad dragging. After 8 hours sleep I went back & slept another 4. I hope the heavy drags are the worst of it.

Since getting off Elavil & even after ABxs I know my diet is also suffering. Not enough appetite. And If I eat heartily then I'm hitting the bathroom with urgency. A lot of canned soups, a few frozen entrees, Some Chinese, Thai & Vietnamese take out as I can squeeze into my budget (craving their soups) and my fave- Pomegranates are in season, so there's Vitamin C.

--------------------
Lyme: 1991
DXed: 2008

'Do not go where the path may lead; go where there is no path and leave a trail.' Emerson

Posts: 45 | From Georgia | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beloved...

In my experience, diet is a crucial piece of the recovery protocol with mHBOT.

I had to have help...is there someone that could help make homemade meals (e.g., bone broths, etc.) for you?

Also...I'm sure you've been checked for C. diff?

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Beloved

All that you mentioned for food has a ton of sodium. I have been buying fresh squash, broccoli, carrots, onions, Swiss chard to steam, sauté or roast in the oven with Italian seasoning. I make enough for two days at a time. A few apples and pears to switch between with raw pumpkin seeds and raw sun flower seeds.

Diet can cause brain fog, decreased energy and more. Our bodies are in repair mode so we need sleep and good nutrition. I took almonds out this week because I found they were causing nausea, slow thinking and a few other minor symptoms. I had no idea and had been eating them every day because they are a good snack, just not for me.

I hope the herx slows😃.

Beloved
Member # 37415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately for the past 5 months my diet has been more about survival that nutrients, etc. I've been in too much pain and physical weakness to cook. Since I'm on my own (dysfunctional family) I have no partner or caregiver to cook meals for me. Food has been going thru me at such a rate that sodium retention has been somewhat helpful. It's calmed down a great bit but it's still erratic. My tests were negative for C Diff.

On some level it's probably been good that I have tended to be an introvert; it's made me less reliant on others when honestly, there has been very little physical support. It's the isolating dynamic we with chronic illness fall into.

I'm too weak for the PT and exercise that I should be doing as well. I'm trying to rhythm out my capacity without crashing and burning.

--------------------

'Do not go where the path may lead; go where there is no path and leave a trail.' Emerson

Posts: 45 | From Georgia | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Beloved...

I survived on only 6 or so foods for over 5 years when homebound...but they were very nutrient dense and kept me alive.

I was also not able to cook. I contacted the local Westin Price chapter and found someone that was already following their diet (e.g., grass fed bone broths, fermented vegetables, etc.) and was cooking for their own family. I paid them to cook extra and freeze it for me.

I know it is exhausting to think about, but this is a piece of your recovery protocol that has to be figured out somehow...

Because of your gut issues I think the GAPS Intro diet would be worth considering...

Beloved
Member # 37415

It's not so mych a gut issue as it is a colon- mechanics issue. My bowel is paralyzed- i am an incomplete paraplegic. It means that the peristalsis mechanism is out of whack. 20 years of Elavil stalled it out; I knew how to work with that. Off the Elavil the peristalsis has been over-activated. I'm slowly introducing more regulating foods.

Today & TM are grocery & Farmer's Market's days. Lran proteins, some vegs & fruits. Usually for breakfast I've been doing egg whites, a banana or pear and occaisionally a yogurt. I need to find an alternative to coffee & tea ( mildly sensitive to caffeine [not coffee] and tea).

I'm going to try to cut back on my Internet/Email/texting time because it is so easy for me to lay in bed & do that when one hurts to move & too tired to do much. I already keep a rolling chair in the kitchen to sit while I prep & cook. I also put off all day getting into the hbot chamber. Setting a timer on my cell phone should help. Ive gotta try to get in my chamber by 9p.m.; there are 2 children in the apt over my head & I don't know if the sound of the compressor bothers them.

--------------------

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Beloved

have you tried warm lemon water to replace tea and coffee? I drink 70oz of water a day which is half my body weight.

And to help move things along have you added flaxseed or chia seeds to your breakfast meal?

It's a slow process of change in all we do but one day at a time and one change at a time😊.

Could you dive in the morning when the children might be at school?

Beloved
Member # 37415

I've got flax seeds here. The Gastro' s P.A. suggested citrucel/benefiber daily but the effect has been involuntaries (uncontrollable diarrheal accidents, I.e. all over clothes, carpet etc) so I'm a lot more cautious right now. I'm already drinking about 48oz of water a day.

I can try hboting in the morning. I've been doing the hboting in the evening because it's been making me sleepy.

Yep, it really Is a slow process of change. I've taken off my Ritalin/ Wellbutrin duo the past few days to see where my bran fog + fatigue are at. So now I'm praying for the hbot to begin opening an energy window. I don't know Phoish how you did it for 60 days waiting for a change!

--------------------

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Beloved...

I call it a "slow miracle"...:)

It will be interesting over time to see how mHBOT affects your intestinal motility issue.

I had the opposite problem...food would sit in my stomach for days and not digest or move, as the nerves weren't functioning properly, and I had no stomach acid.

I remember the day when I started to feel a slight "hunger pang" contraction in my stomach and felt the stomach acid kick in again...I was in the chamber when it happened. It was actually quite painful at first (like the tin man getting oiled)...but also felt amazing...

I am hoping that (over time) nerve function will become more normalized in your situation as well...

Beloved
Member # 37415

I REALLY hope it's not 20 years on that d***ed Elavil that has permanently skewered my colon. Ugh!

--------------------

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Remember that the body has an amazing capacity to heal itself...

I never thought conditions I had for so long could be reversed, but I was happy to be proven wrong...

Did your condition of "incomplete paraplegic" predate the Lyme in your situation?

If you could travel, it would be wonderful if you could come here and be evaluated by my neurologist/HBOT clinician friend...

Beloved
Member # 37415

Yes. I have been a walking, incomplete paraplegic for 32 years. Both my rehab and my neurologists, neurosurgeons, most all my doctors are through the Shepherd Spinal Center in Atlanta. You're welcome to pass that on to your neuro/hbot friend. However, I'm in very good hands as per my spinal cord injury. My Lyme melange is 24 years now.

--------------------

GMO Amigo
Member # 46949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GMO Amigo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Phoiph,

Thank you and also the other posters for this thread. So much great info here!

I have just PM'd you with a question on how to obtain a mHBOT unit. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance!

GMO Amigo

--------------------
Dx: CDC+ 06/2014
Tx: Texas a&m Hyperbaric protocol,
Months of IV chelation for lead,
Tesla Wand

Posts: 12 | From West Coast | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Welcome GMO...

I just replied to your PM...

GMO Amigo
Member # 46949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GMO Amigo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Phoiph!

--------------------
Tesla Wand

Posts: 12 | From West Coast | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Welcome GMO!!! Happy to see another new 😊

A small victory today at the doctors office...for the last 4-5 years I've had an elevated temperature of 100 and they always asked me if I knew why. This is not a Lyme doctor but I would try and explain as they glazed over. Well today my temp was 98👍. I even enjoy the small gains, shows my body is healing.

toyswalk
Member # 45981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyswalk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm setting up my Respiro tonight. We bought a used model and didn't get a manual. Any tips or warnings?
Posts: 42 | From beautiful Texas Hill Country | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCarlhelp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCarlhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recommend you PM Phoiph as very important to do it correct and have a protocol.
Posts: 366 | From Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

toyswalk...

I just emailed you with the set up video, diving instructions and precautions to take with your equipment, etc....

GMO Amigo
Member # 46949

Phoiph - Did you receive my email? My email server sometimes acts up.

Peimomm, I have followed your story, and it is awesome. Another family member w/ Lyme watched your last vid and started bawling. Time to ramp up the HBO. Thanks for the welcome.

--------------------
Tesla Wand

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GMO Amigo....

I know this goes without saying but I just wanted to mention that peimommas progress from using mhbot has been unusually fast. And I just don't want anyone who starts this treatment to be disapointed that it takes them longer.

I truely feel this treatment will help you and your family member tremendously over time if you stick with it. But how much time is unknown. 6-12 months is what I tell myself.

That way I won't get discouraged and give up prematurely, missing out on its benefits.

I am about 4 months into it at this point and have very consistent 1 hour dives. I believe I am making some small gains but it isn't anything like Peimomma. Not yet anyways [Smile]

I'm sure I am stating info you know all to well. So just be consistent and view it as a marathon not a sprint.

Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Thanks GMO, I hope I see more videos posted like mine in the future😊

Yes Monti my progress has been on a fast pace and I attribute it to a few things I do that are out of the norm as I haven't seen people post about them.

1. I do 1-3 coffee enemas a day to keep my liver and colon clear of toxins that can be absorbed back into my system.

2. I drink at least half my body weight in water every day to flush the other main exit for toxins.

3. My load is extremely light, no meds, no supplements for my body to breakdown and process.

4. I get 8-10 hours of sleep every day because that's when our body repairs. 9 pm and I'm in bed.

Here is a good article on detoxing the colon and the benefits.

http://www.publichealthalert.org/neurotoxin-overload-full-body-detox-guide.html#.Vjt_wP8T1ko.facebook

toyswalk
Member # 45981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyswalk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone using mHBOT with mobility problems? Mine are not so bad that I'm ready to trouble with a lift. I'll be able to get into the chamber. My problem will be getting off the ground. I'm dreaming of some kind of power pulley or hoist to get me up off the ground til someone can slip a bench under me. From there I can pivot and get to my walker.

I've tried rotating the chamber sideways on a raised platform. That was a no go.

Posts: 42 | From beautiful Texas Hill Country | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Toyswalk...

I know you've tried rotating the chamber sideways on a raised platform...but have you tried it on a double bed (or larger) so you have room to maneuver in and out while on the bed?

toyswalk
Member # 45981

We are going to hardware store over the week end to get supplies. We will figure this out!
LymeMEnaide
Member # 46997

Icon 6 posted      Profile for LymeMEnaide     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymeneters,
Im new to Lymenet.
Im being treated for chronic Lyme and M.E.
I am very interested in MHBOT and am looking for a used unit to buy. I have been reading and research but would really love any help and suggestions I can get from you more experienced users.
I have direct messaged Phoiph on here and would love to get in touch with her. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance,

--------------------
When Life Gives you Lyme and M.E. make LymeMEnaide!

Posts: 1 | From New York City | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

LymeMEnaide...I just replied to your PM...
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Welcome LymenMEnaide!!

Glad to have you join this lovely group of peeps😁

I've decided I'm moving to a warmer place☀️☀️☀️

Rain, cold, and wind are the enemy. So for now I'm pretending and set my thermostat to 70💚

Trinity333
Member # 46923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trinity333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks you to Beloved and Peimomma for the ideas to keep the chamber cooler in summer. Beloved: are you actually doing the dives with the cold blocks inside?

Peimomma, we also set up fans around the chamber room, but they're just moving hot air around, haha! I started turning the A/C way down to cool off the room before I did the dive. That seemed to help some. I'm considering moving it to the other side of the house.

Are you having a setback? Sounds like maybe winter has brought some symptoms back? or no? I ask because this has been my own experience this year and the last few years...I get sick in Nov when the weather turns here. I know a lyme gal in town who winters in Palm Springs...not an option for me, lol.

As for my progress in the chamber, I did 3 dives and got a sore throat/congestion and couldn't pop my ears again, forcing me out of the chamber for 2 weeks. I've been back in for 2 days and the ears are popping so after a bit of delay I'm back on track!

To all those getting chambers (and it seems like a lot) welcome!

Posts: 5 | From NorCal | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Trinity333...

I know you're just starting, but I want to mention that before I had Lyme, If I were to get a cold, etc., it would be when the weather changed in the Fall (and I live in a warm climate).

When I was very ill with Lyme...I never got a "normal" cold or flu.

When I began to heal via mHBOT, I worried about traversing that time of year...and sure enough...I got a couple of colds and flus from hell that first season (after doing mHBOT for about 6 months). My homeopathic MD was thrilled...as it showed signs of my immune system reacting in a more "normal" way.

I thought for sure I was "relapsing", as the symptoms were so intense (with residual Lyme pain, etc.), but after getting through it, I was far better than I had been a month before; in fact, I had taken a big step forward...

Something to keep in mind when you're miserable with your first cold or flu in years...

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Trinity333 I'm far better off this winter then last when I wasn't treating with mHBOT😊. I got spoiled over summer in the warm months so I'm a bit grumbly😏

Once the cold damp weather sent in a little over a month ago I've noticed what seems like my blood thickening. I find that I have less energy because I'm constantly fighting to stay warm here with the dampness. I'm fine in the morning after my treatment but find by 1-2 in the afternoon the blood is thickening and I feel slow.

I don't have joint pain or muscle pain like last year, it's just that my O2 seems to be used up now that it's cold. I noticed that when I put the thermostat up to 70 things get flowing and I'm off being active. It's weird because it's not something I dealt with before, I was always just fatigued all day even after 12 hours of sleep. I guess I'll wait to see the electric bill😉

Glad to hear the ice packs helped in the chamber, we will try it when our weather warms up next May...ugh. I've felt a few times I had a scratch in my throat and started taking Cold Calm a homeopathic remedy combo. Glad you are feeling better.

Trinity333
Member # 46923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trinity333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, if only it was my first cold/flu in years [Wink] In the 3 years before I was officially diagnosed, I was sick at least 2 times per year with cold/flu/pneumonia. I would get real sick, end up with pneumonia and need a course of antibiotics. I was having weird reactions to the abx, which I now realize was herxing. I've had "mono" twice and my blood tests continue to show active EBV and chlamydia pneumonia. My hopes with improved diet and the MHbot is a healthier gut and immune system!

I got the chamber last January and haven't been diligent. I would estimate my dives at 150 or so over the last 11 mos. My intention when I started up again a few weeks ago was to commit to 1 hr per day. After 3 days I got sick and couldn't clear my ears...which was a major letdown because I was revved up and ready to go, haha!

Peimomma, it still sounds like you are on the right track! I've some of your background from here and your videos, and if you're like me you measure your health in months or years. If your better than last winter, you're doing great!

Posts: 5 | From NorCal | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Trinity333...

Sometimes it takes a little while to get on track...

I can tell that you understand the importance of frequency/consistency and diet, and are ready to re-commit as soon as your ears cooperate...good for you...

Trinity333
Member # 46923

Oh for goodness sake! I can't get off the starting line again with the chamber...a seal broke during today's session, the chamber is useless. I imagine it's warranteed, which will probably involve shipping it and waiting. Not to mention a disappointment for a chamber only used 150 times!

Grrrr!

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Whoa!!! What brand chamber do you have? Definitely I would hope there is a warranty.

Okay, this is the last speed bump before you start new👍😊

Hope there is a quick turn around time for repair.

Trinity333
Member # 46923

It's the same one you have, the OxyHealth Respiro. It split at the window at your feet. A little scary to have it decompress so fast while in it!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Trinity333...

I just PM'd you...

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

I thought I'd give a little update on something I've been experiencing for the last 3 weeks. I started having memory flashes from the past, places, people, events just random. If I try and focus in and think about them it stops.

The other process I'm going back and forth with is the desire to get a job. I'm feeling good and a little bored at home and have been thinking about a part time job at my one year mark.

When I started mHBOT I committed to 2 years of treatment before going back to work. I know treatment has to be my priority for the next 14 months but it's kind of nice that my brain and body are having the desire to get back in the work force.

I settled on daily dives for now with a few extra dives a week to combat the cold and things are back on track. No herx and no fatigue. It's a fine balancing act...lol

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Perimomma...

I remember the phase where I experienced the seemingly random flashbacks...this felt like neural "circuits" being reconnected.

There was also a time when I "revisited" emotional events of my past, going all the way back to childhood.

This seemed to be an emotional healing phase with layers coming to the surface, and once acknowledged, they passed rather easily.

We all know that true healing is more than just physical, so this is no surprise...but it is a testament to the body/mind healing powers of oxygen...

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Thank you Phoiph for the confirmation 😊

The first week I just blew them off, the second week I really started to notice and be aware of them. And now I look forward to the next one, good or bad. It's been a long time since I have had memories.

BTW the red dot is still on my arm and it still itches every few days while in the chamber.

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, all... I am new to this forum. But I am desperate for a little encouragement with mild hbot. I have been sick five years with neurological head pressure and other miserable head sensations.

I recently began mild hbot at my home and first half hour dive was miserable the next two days with increased symptoms. I quit because I am terrified of permanent damage. I CANNOT afford that! I seemed to get better than and tried it again for quite a while no problem. I upped it to one and a half hours.

AND CRASHED again. [Frown] My Dr. wants me to work up to two hours. I can't find anyone who does hbot this long.

Should I keep quitting when I worsen and than restart? or BLAZE my way through no matter how I feel?

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Welcome Foxy Loxy😊

I have found that 1 hour is sufficient for treating and healing the body over time. It is consistency and allowing your body time to heal after each treatment.

Many will say I've progressed quickly and I can't do 2 dives a day on a daily basis. I did in the beginning until the herx set in and then backed off to one a day. With the cold winter zapping my energy I've found that every 2-3 days I do two dives to offset the energy I lose from staying warm.

I'm certain other especially Phoiph will advise against more than one hour a day as that is how she treated and healed herself. As many will say on this board it's a slow consistent process.

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Peimomma, you don't know how excited I am I found you all!! I feel so alone and unsure in this new treatment.

A friend had tried it for four months and continually worsened on it and now I get fears I shall do myself more harm than good! WHAAA

I am definitely willing to give it a long try as long as I can handle it. I suffered through IV rocephin for a year and felt horrible, without much gain, and feel reluctant to insist it is always just "herxing."

my Dr. is the infamous lymeMD (DrJ)and told me he has never seen oxygen therapy not help, especially with abx. He wants me to shoot for two hours a day. I assume this is all at once not broken up, but should check.

So far hbot makes me dream wildly and makes me sleep. I am only a few weeks in tho.

Peimomma, I take it you started diving two hours separately a day? Cuz, I was doing it all at once! maybe that's the reason I am not doing well..

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Foxyloxy...

It sounds to me like you have started mHBOT too rapidly...many people underestimate the power of mHBOT, especially when they are already compromised and are doing a lot of other therapies, including antibiotics.

Frequency and consistency is crucial. Based on my own experience (I have done over 1200 dives) and observing others over the last few years, I don't recommend doing more than 1 hour daily sessions (for chronic Lyme).

If you would like to PM me, I can help you work out a schedule to work up slowly...

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Thanks Phoiph, I have been aching to talk to you and have tried to PM you twice now... maybe I am not getting through? Lookin' forward to your advice!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

foxy loxy...

I double-checked...I haven't received any PM's from you...and my box isn't full...

To PM, click on the envelope icon above this post...

mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi every one, time for an update! As of yesterday I have reached 600 hours of mHBOT! My health continues to improve, albeit very slowly and with many ups and downs.

Taking some notes every day over the past two years of hbot has really helped to show my improvement. Otherwise, you get up every day and think "My head still hurts, darn that knee is sore again, etc." Overall, the intensity of my symptoms and number of symptoms have reduced. I am leading a very busy and full life.

Its interesting that the topic of emotions came up, as I have been in the THICK of working on emotional issues these past few months. I feel I was holding a lot of emotional trauma and energy in my body. I am working with some great practitioners (EFT, acupuncture, etc) and it has been extremely helpful.

I can tell you that the chamber can be a good, safe place to explore emotions, understand beliefs that are keeping you stuck, and have a good wailing cry!

Overall, mHBOT is my base treatment, along with the GAPS diet and now the energy/acupuncture work. I find the more I work on my gut and really nutrient dense eating, the more positive "bumps" I get. I am not on any herbs or abx specifically for Lyme, but I am using a little bit of Biocidin herbal tincture to try and help my gut out.

I feel I have severe dysbiosis after years of abuse and neglect from 4+ years of abx, birth control pills, stress, sugar, etc.

Its been a long road for me, but I am living and enjoying my life. Prior to finding hbot, I was desperate and had a lot of suicidal ideation because I couldn't see a way out of this mess. And believe me, I spent a lot of money and saw the "best" doc for two years.

I may not be cured, but I am healing. My body still has more work to do and I plan on supporting it any way I can.

We've got quite the group diving now, and I look forward to seeing everyone's progress. We are all going to improve and have many ups/downs at different rates. Try to listen to your body and support yourself.

Hugs to all you brave souls....

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mbdq...

Very encouraging post. Thank you!

Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purplehaze
Member # 40385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purplehaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi mbdq and phoiph,

I just started on the hyperbaric oxygen

I had one dive last Thursday, one on Saturday and two yesterday
there are two instructors at the facility, on Saturday my first day the lady instructor told me to have the mast on and on her instructions via intercom outside the chamber to then begin tightening the straps of the mask once she turned oxygen pressure on. all was fine throughout the whole session all the way up to maximum [24ft] no problem with blocked ears or any major discomfort

then on my session yesterday the other instructor was on duty and according to his instructions he told me not to tighten the mask straps until he had increased the pressure all the way to maximum
so wile pressure was building up my ears felt very painful and pressurized. as of now 16 hours after coming out of chamber my right ear still hasent popped properly and I feel discomfort

my question is, should I have the oxygen mask on and tightened in place ONCE the pressure is coming through the hose and being increased?

thanks for any help

Posts: 69 | From Ireland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi purplehaze...

Would you mind sharing some more information? I have some questions for you to better understand your situation/protocol...

Are you being treated with HBOT for Lyme?

It sounds like you are being treated at a higher pressure than mild hyperbaric (i.e., 24 ft. vs. 11 ft.)...so are you diving at around 1.75ATA?

What kind of mask are you using?

Were you taught different methods to clear your ears?

It also sounds like you're treating more than 1x per day on some days? What is your diving schedule?

About your ear discomfort...

There are several variables that could have contributed.

The second instructor could have pressurized you more rapidly than the first, not giving your ears ample time to adjust.

And/or, you could have had some congestion in your Eustachian tubes on the painful day (which you may not have been aware of) which caused them not to clear properly. This can cause the sensitive tissues to stretch, and cause pain during and after the dive.

You should not experience ear pain in the chamber; pressure is OK, pain is not. If you are having pain, you should alert the operator immediately, and they should depressurize slightly to allow your ears to adjust, and slow the rate of descent.

Did the operator know you were having ear pain?

If you know you have ear congestion, (i.e., from a cold or allergies) which prevents you from clearing your ears, or have any ear pain, you should not dive at all until that has cleared up...

It doesn't sound like the type of mask you're using makes a super tight seal, so don't think having your mask loose during pressurization had anything to do with your ear pain...as it is more a function of the building pressure in the chamber, how fast you are pressurizing, and how well your ears can adjust and clear on that particular day...

(Having the mask loose while pressurizing allows more freedom for clearing the ears via yawning, Valsalva maneuver, opening and closing the mouth, etc.)

purplehaze
Member # 40385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purplehaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi phoiph
thanks for response

to answer your questions

well I was never officially diagnosed with lyme, but all the indications are that I do have it plus possibly/probably co-infections

the hyperbaric centre I am attending are treating all kinds of ailments and probably carry out the same process on patients irrespective of the disease/condition being addressed.

I did tell them that I most likely had chronic late stage Lyme [bitten in 1993] and they said I would need at least 20 sessions/dives

I travel three hour round trip to the facility so that is why I had 2 sessions yesterday and Ive scheduled 2 sessions again this coming Friday and one on Saturday

I wasent aware of any possible congestion on my right ear
incidently now that you mentioned pressure, the first day with the lady operator that particular chamber went down to 24ft [had no issues] but the third day with the guy operator the chamber [different one] went down to 33ft

I did not tell him of the big discomfort with my right ear

yes, but operators explained the clearing of ears process similar to what you have stated here

I don't know the official name of the mask type I was using,
maybe you can view his following link here, there is a guy wearing the mask in one of the photo there

http://www.bhoc.ie/event-press-cuttings/

sorry I cant be any more help

Posts: 69 | From Ireland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Welcome Purplehaze😊. It's great to have new people posting on the board.

Today I thought I would give an update on my husbands progress after 173 dives. He hasn't been tested for Lyme but with all the information about it as an STD he started treated in February as well, just not daily.

I would consider him in very good health at 50, no medication and no illnesses that we know of to date. However we have been monitoring his progress and have seen hair growth, better sleep and he started enjoying reading. He is someone that wouldn't read, in fact I can count on one hand the number of books he's read over the last 9 years. This month he is reading 3 books at one time on different subjects and enjoying them all.

He has also decided to learn a new hobby and signed up for a photography class. It's like the oxygen has awakened his brain.

As for me, this is the first year I'm excited for the holidays in many years. I'm ready to put up decorations, cook big meals and enjoy the company of family and friends.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi purplehaze...

This is very helpful. I also read about the facility and looked over your other posts on Lymenet to get some background.

Please note that I'm writing this as a non-medical professional, but am basing the information on research I have done, my own experience, many conversations with a neurologist in the HBOT field, and from observing and working with other people doing the treatment.

I'm not giving advice...just relaying what I have learned, and you will have to decide what to do.

There are 2 "camps" on how to treat chronic Lyme with HBOT. One camp is using high pressures (High pressure is greater than 1.5ATA...your 33 foot dive put you at 2ATA), mostly based on a study done years ago that noted that Borellia was killed by high pressures. The problem with the study, is that the lowest pressure threshold to kill Borellia wasn't measured/reported, and so the higher, more risky pressures have been traditionally used. Here's the study:

Effects of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy on Lyme Disease: hbotxofpalmbeach.com/study_pdfs/Lyme-Fife.pdf

Treatments under this premise are usually high pressure and done in short term blocks (i.e., 20 or 40 sessions). The problem, aside from greater risk involved, is that I haven't found many people who have had long term success with chronic Lyme from this method. It appears many people cannot tolerate the reaction, and it doesn't address the long term healing of the immune and other systems.

More recent study has shown that neurological conditions are better treated with lower pressures, and that higher pressures over time can actually worsen neurological conditions and be immune suppressive. Chronic Lyme Disease is a neurological condition.

Here's a paper written by Dr. Paul Harch who has been researching HBOT for over 20 years (I would also consider reading his book, "The Oxygen Revolution"):

More is Better: The Recurrent Illusion of Higher Pressure HBOT in Chronic Brain Injury, by Dr. Paul Harch: http://www.netnet.net/mums/Harch2.htm

As I have written many times, the way I became well is through consistent, 1 hour, daily, mild pressure treatments (via home chamber with supplemental oxygen) over a span of time.

Oxygen is a drug...and it produces free radicals which are beneficial against pathogens. When oxygen is done under pressure, the body produces its own extra antioxidants to "mop up" the free radicals after they have done their job.

A balance must be struck; if someone who is already in a compromised state of health via chronic illness does high pressure treatments (especially multiple times per day), they might not only experience significant reaction from the die off, but also oxidative stress, as their bodies may not be able to produce enough antioxidants to "mop up" the free radical load. (Taking artificial/supplemental antioxidants doesn't solve this issue.)

The high pressure, short term therapy which focuses on "killing the bugs", also doesn't take advantage of the most important long term HEALING effects of mild hyperbaric...(e.g., modulating/empowering the immune system, regenerating neural tissue, mobilization of stem cells over time, etc.)

The concerns I have in your case are the random, high pressures/depths being used, the multiple treatments per day, the short term nature of the therapy (although you wouldn't want to do long term, high pressure therapy due to risks), your ear current ear pain, and whether or not someone knowledgeable is following your case.

Another concern is whether you are taking anti-microbials or other therapies that may interact or the effects to be potentiated or reduced by the high pressure treatments.

I'm not trying to discourage you at all...on the contrary...just concerned about the method, as hyperbaric is a powerful treatment, and is often underestimated, particularly when treating chronic illnesses...

Please feel free to PM me also...

purplehaze
Member # 40385

hi phoiph,
many thanks for your great reply
after reading through all your message and the link provided, I said to myself "here we go again" its so typical of this sphere of chronic infection and treatments/remedies that it would have to come down to major ambiguity as to how one should go about solving this puzzle.

I think the facility I'm attending are definitely going on the principle of "more is better" because there are two chambers there [one at 24ft and one at 33ft] and judging on the little info they have imparted to me I will be treated inside the 33ft one
this leaves me in quite the predicament

I had planned on treatment tomorrow [double session] and one on Saturday but after explaining my ear discomfort issue to the main administrator/operator she said I should stop for now and get doctor prescription for antibiotics as it may be latent/lingering ear infection I'm dealing with

right now I'm not taking antimicrobials, but am doing the MMS protocol [started in July this year] plus Essiac tea, Magnesium oil and supplements [B6, zinc, copper]

will keep you posted....

Phoiph
Member # 41238

purplehaze...

I know, I know...it is so discouraging and exhausting to have to fight through all the different information, opinions, methodologies, etc.

If you wanted to continue to dive at this facility, they likely could adjust the pressure/depth to no more than 16 ft., which would still be mild pressure (approximately 1.5 ATA). (It does sound like this is a community facility though, and I would guess coordination of other schedules would be necessary so members were diving at the same depth at the same time...)

The distance issue remains; how do you dive daily when the facility is a 3 hour round trip, not counting the time spent in the chamber?

This is not only a dilemma in Ireland (at least Ireland has such facilities!)...it is the same here, with the additional expense per dive in a clinical setting.

The other option would be to purchase or rent a home chamber...as many here have done...and/or share expenses with others in close proximity who need treatment and could use it cooperatively.

If you are interested in doing this, I can connect you with a liaison that handles chamber purchases or rentals overseas...you can PM me for more info.

I hope you don't give up on this therapy. Where there's a will, there's a way...

As for your ear, I agree that you shouldn't dive again until it is better. It may not be an infection, however,...they could've just pressurized you too quickly, which stretches the delicate membranes and can cause soreness...so be sure to discuss this possibility with the doctor...

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Purplehaze . I had the same experience when I first dove. I had so much pain in my right ear that I thought I had busted my eardrum. I have had a low grade infection on the right side of my throat/ear for a long time. So based on my experience , it will exasperate an infection if there is one. I agree that lower pressure would be better until the pain is under control.

I continued to dive and the pain is mostly gone now. I'm still not well , but continue to dive.

Best of luck in your mhbot journey.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purplehaze
Member # 40385

Haley,
thank you for wishes

well that is interesting you had very similar situation,
I will take antibiotics [if doc prescribes them] and see if that helps to handle this issue.
then hopefully I can resume the hbot asap

purplehaze
Member # 40385

peimomma,

wow, 173 - that is some serious diving

glad you and hubby are doing well, and its really encouraging to hear results like these are achieved by people doing the hbot

purplehaze
Member # 40385

hi phoiph

my pm to you was rejected, your inbox is full

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Apologies, purplehaze!

Should be OK now...

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm super stoked. I have been watching this thread for some time and like all of you have tried so many different things to restore my health.

While I believed that Mhbot was beneficial, I just couldn't seem to justify the cost after having wasted my money on so many things. Finally, my husband said, "we just need to do it."

I contacted Phoiph but I had a problem. I had not seen my LLMD since February. I had scheduled an appointment with a functional medicine doctor but couldn't get an appointment until February.

Anyway, my husband called my old LLMD for me and asked for the prescription and I got it in the mail yesterday. I can now move forward.

Now we just have to go through the process of purchasing one. Since we will have to finance, we may wait until January for tax purposes but it is going to happen.

Yeah!

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Wonderful!! I hope this makes all the difference for you!!
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Man, I feel like I am back on IV rocephin on mild hyperbaric if I do to much. Brings on neuro head jazz... yuckers!! Phoiph helped me cut way back and so far I seem to be going back to my normal cruddy head. Dive away friends! [Smile] anxious to see how you all continue to do as well! Go soccermama!
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick update on my experience with mhbot. I have been diving daily for about 1 1/2 years 1 hour daily. My feelings are the same about this therapy.

I have NO regrets buying a used Oxyhealth chamber as I function better with the daily diving and can tell a difference when I skip a day. I find diving not a silver bullet for me but a tool along with my gb4000 with MOPA (rife machine) to be able to function better.

Also diet plays a major roll with me. No gluten, low fat and sugar free (use a little stevia for substitute when needed).

I remember phoip saying she was really careful with her diet and was big on bone broth during her healing best of my memory.

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

jar, jar, I am too lazy to see if you posted earlier...how much help have you find hbot to be and how bad were you? Thanks for posting!
toyswalk
Member # 45981

Just completed my first home dive!

I have major mobility issues so getting me out was a real challenge. But, as I've told friends, we managed to do it without calling the fire department or filing for a divorce! Hopefully we learned a few things and it will be easier tomorrow.

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph,

Wanted to ask this question on the public forum so all can benefit. When I spoke with you about which chamber to get you spoke about the difference between the vitaeris and respiro.

I know the size is the biggest difference but you also mentioned something about the compressor, I think.

Also, do we have to get a bigger concentrator or will the Airsep 10L work?

We qualified for a loan so it looks like we might be able to purchase a unit outright depending on the cost.

Thanks for the help!

Also, do we have to get a bigger

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Soccermama...

Just to clarify...

The compressor is what is used to pressurize the chamber with room air.

The oxygen concentrator takes room air and removes nitrogen, concentrating the oxygen. This is the oxygen source that is breathed through the mask, and has little to do with pressurizing the chamber.

The Vitaeris (larger chamber) comes with a larger compressor, so it can fill faster (sometimes with older chambers, 2 smaller compressors are hooked together). The Respiro (medium chamber) comes with a smaller compressor.

Both chambers (plus the Solace, the smallest chamber) reach the same pressure (4.2 PSI, or 1.3 ATA); the main difference between them is the size.

The oxygen concentrator that is used with any of the chambers must supply sufficient PSI (pounds per square inch) to counteract the backpressure from the chamber. The Airsep you mention has 20PSI, which is plenty, as it well exceeds the 4.2 PSI of the chambers.

The LPM (liters per minute) refers to the how many liters per minute of oxygen the concentrator can supply. In this case 10...but with the AirSep, it is important to set it at 8.5 when using it with a chamber (no higher). This is because the backpressure from the chamber will make any concentrator work harder, and this model will go into a protective "on demand" mode (instead of continuous flow) if set higher (to preserve oxygen purity). Setting it at 8.5 will avoid this, and still provide plenty of 02.

Hope this wasn't "too much information"... [Smile]

To summarize...your Airsep 20PSI 10LPM concentrator will work great for any size home chamber, and is the best choice in my opinion...

Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need some expert opinions - am I on the right track?

If you plow your way thru this, I guarantee you will be amazed by some of the information.

I think Bb is very similar to the following pathogen (which is PHOTOSYNTHETIC):

The phototrophic bacterium Rhodobacter capsulatus contains a single,

oxygen-responsive superoxide dismutase (SODRc) homologous to iron-containing superoxide dismutase enzymes.

Recombinant SODRc, however, displayed higher activity after refolding with Mn2+, especially when the pH of the assay mixture was raised.

SODRc isolated from Rhodobacter cells also

***preferentially contains manganese,***

but metal discrimination depends on the culture conditions, with ***iron fractions increasing from 7% in aerobic cultures*** up to 40% in photosynthetic cultures.

Therefore, SODRc behaves as a Mn-containing dismutase with cambialistic properties.

Rhodobacter capsulatus is a gram-negative phototrophic bacterium that can thrive under a broad range of environmental conditions.

When the *oxygen tension is low*, these microorganisms *synthesize ATP through a light-driven, anoxygenic electron transport* around a single photosystem

whereas in the presence of air

they shift to a

respiratory metabolism

after ***expression of oxidases and dehydrogenases.***

http://jb.asm.org/content/185/10/3223.full

NADH ***oxidases*** from Borrelia burgdorferi and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate ***dehydrogenase*** (GAPDH) in Borrelia burgdorferi…

”Oxygen is key to the phagocytosis and killing of bacteria by neutrophils or polymorphonuclear cells (PMNs).

This process involves the production of oxygen radicals and superoxides and is directly influenced by the oxygen concentration in the tissue.

As the oxygen tension falls below 30 mmHg the efficiency of bacteriocidal action of PMNs begins to drop off dramatically.

This was demonstrated by Knighton et al in 1984 where the phagocytic activity of neutrophils in ingesting Staph. aureus was compared to oxygen tension.

http://tinyurl.com/h6d4a8b

One of the reasons why I believe Bb is "photosynthetic" has to do with the potential of the Western Fence Lizard to completely destroy Bb.

And like the other pathogen mentioned earlier, Bb appears to be influenced by oxygen tension levels

- preferring low oxygen tension

to make ATP through a light-driven, *anoxygenic* electron transport.

For newbies...that lizard has a pineal gland on top of its head. It also has a BLUE (cyan) belly. It hunts for food at night (insects)and has to be able to see in darkness i.e., HAS to have a lot of eye rods. Thus it can capture ANY available light (moon light, star light)in order to see its prey.

While hunting, the WFL is covered with Bb infected ticks, but when they fall off, they no longer contain any Bb.

It is believed the WFL has an enzyme (destroyed if the blood is heated) that is protective and is capable of destroying Bb. When the WFL's blood was heated and Bb was re-introduced, Bb survived. So heat, destroyed a beneficial protein.

But...

Light inactivates this enzyme:

AANAT is rapidly *inactivated* when animals are exposed to light at night.

It causes serotonin -> melatonin.

IS THE PROTECTIVE PROTEIN ACTUALLY SEROTONIN?

We KNOW serotonin levels are low in lyme:

http://tinyurl.com/zkdpqr4

And...

The data indicate a role of the immune system and particularly of endogenously formed cytokines, like

interferon-gamma and tumour necrosis factor-alpha, effecting tryptophan

and neopterin metabolism in patients with acute Lyme neuroborreliosis.

PMID: 7865624

AND...HBOT therapy - serotonin:

whereas in the subgroup treated with HBO2 the clinical effectiveness and the appearance of plateau in the binding curves indicated that the oxygen therapy could act through serotonergic pathways.

PMID: 9171470

While Bb is very tryptophan dependent...

does forcing the tryptophan -> serotonin "direction" (but inhibiting melatonin production)

rather than

using IDO (enzyme) which helps tryptophan -> KYN (elevated in MS, HIV, etc.) and ultimately to niacin...

"do in" Bb?

Does light inactivate IDO? (Remember, we BLINK)

Keep in mind....as the sun rises...melatonin gets converted BACK to serotonin and of course we also need to make niacin via tryptophan w/ IDO route.

The reverse process begins to happen as the sun sets (serotonin -> melatonin).

How important is it to INACTIVATE IDO?

Cancer...

Taken together, our findings support the suitability of d-1-methyl-tryptophan for human trials aiming to assess

the utility of IDO inhibition to block host-mediated immunosuppression and enhance antitumor immunity

in the setting of combined chemo-immunotherapy regimens.

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/67/2/792.full

Sidenote: my sis (now autoimmune from lyme) looks to have prevented "neuro" lyme via taking the highest level of Prozac allowed.

This is very complex because Bb needs norepinephrine and epinephrine and locks onto them. Prozac increases norepinephrine, but it also

increases serotonin.

So while it does appear HBO therapy (esp. in conjunction with abx.) can clear Bb, I think the use of light frequencies (Hz) - very specifically 432Hz (perfect A, the frequency of light) with a binaural beat of 8Hz - can also be very useful.

8Hz is very unique...it is the frequency between theta and alpha brain waves, supposedly the bridge between consciousness and subconsciousness.

It is also the frequency of ...get this...hydrogen. 432 Hz resonates with a frequency of 8 Hz (which corresponds to the note "C")

8 Hz is the resonant frequency of 432 Hz (the frequency of light) and is the resonant frequency of hydrogen AND

is the frequency of the double helix in DNA needed for replication!

How does HBOT relate to DNA?

MECHANISMS OF ACTION FOR BENEFIT OF HBOT:

Promotion of DNA transcription and DNA signaling

More here:

http://drcranton.com/hbo.htm

For HBOT researchers - a book:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:srhqOp2hB7IJ:http://www.hbot.com/the-oxygen-revolution-book-endorsements

I love the reviews from others in support of the above book! Tremendous "insight".

As an adjunct to HBOT, consider listening to this CD (WITH HEADPHONES):

http://www.amazon.com/Chakra-Healing-432-Binaural-Beats/dp/B00K043G6Q

I believe a cure IS possible and I believe sharing knowledge and experiences will eventually -> a cure for all.

God Bless.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  57  58  59   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement