LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 42)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Karen~

I agree with the great advice everyone has given!

You have to commit your time to mHBOT and make it a non-negotiable priority in your life while you are healing.

The best thing would be not to eliminate sleep or your dive, but something else in your schedule that you might do without.

Also, in the beginning healing stages, try to rest and relax your mind in the chamber, rather than doing any computer work, etc.

As many people have experienced, the best time of day to dive will likely fluctuate for you as you go through your journey. It shows that your body's reaction to the treatment is changing over time, as is expected.

As Digby mentioned, reading the thread should be very helpful, and you'll find a lot of knowledge and support here!

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone~

I'm on a bunch of forums for various diagnoses and I'm not sure which one to write to, but here I am.

I had a horrific night last night. It was all my SIBO symptoms (SIBO-D/diarrhea) starting at 12:30 am. It felt like I had drunk hot sauce from my tongue to my stomach, intestines rumbling, lots of gas and then later diarrhea. I had anxiety, insomnia and while I was burning up internally, I was freezing cold.

At first I thought this must be part of the healing process as I had gone up to 60 min dives this week from 40 min dives previously. Then I remembered that my dentist told me to brush with baking soda to whiten my teeth. I know that was the culprit. I brushed twice with it yesterday.

My ongoing health and GI issues started with mold exposure and a Lyme diagnosis along with antibiotic treatment. When I stopped the antibiotics, I had this experience where I could feel bile traveling along my intestines during the night and it was burning. I feel that experience damaged the tender mucus membranes along the wall of my intestines and I've been mostly having diarrhea and food intolerances every since.

I have been living with the hope the mHBOT will heal whatever damage occurred in the same way it heals diabetic wounds. Does anyone know of any studies along these lines? I'm curious.

I know I am still really early in my journey with mHBOT and I need to be patient. I am just amazed (and ok, discouraged) that my reaction to ingesting small amounts of baking soda would be that severe.

Anyway, part rant, part trying to process, part interested in any research studies on healing internally with mHBOT.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Carbokitty

Posts: 118 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carbokitty, is it possible that it was a virus? I know of 6 people who in the last 2 weeks have had a GI virus that included diarrhea, nausea, and a slight elevation in temperature.
Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carbokitty, Phoiph had no movement in the intestines when she started mHBOT but the day she felt gurgling and movement is the day she said she knew she was beginning to heal. (If I remember correctly.)

My intestines aren’t so bad but I also developed food sensitivities after antibiotic treatment. I’m looking forward to no more food sensitivities! I know it will come, we just have to get through all the bad first. Right there with you, hon. Hang in there. Hugs!!!

--------------------
KB

Posts: 170 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Digby~Thanks for the thought. I would only think its a virus that is surfacing from the mHBOT healing. That was my first thought when I woke up with the symptoms. Mostly likely now I think I had a reaction to the baking soda. Trying to hang in there as I am traveling tomorrow and for the next 12 days. I was feeling so good I thought I might be able to get by without diving but it looks like I will need to keep it up when I get to where I am going.

Thanks KB. My initial response to mHBOT has been that my stools have formed and become more solid. Until last night. Maybe its just a little blip in the journey.

I appreciate everyone's support.

Carbokitty

Posts: 118 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...I have been living with the hope the mHBOT will heal whatever damage occurred in the same way it heals diabetic wounds. Does anyone know of any studies along these lines? I'm curious..."

Carbokitty~

If you google "hyperbaric and inflammatory bowel disease", or "hyperbaric and ulcerative colitis" you will find a lot of supporting studies/articles:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3328239/

I do know that when the gut is first healing, it is very delicate; it seems that anything different can set you back. This is why I didn't try any supplements, new foods, or put anything different into my mouth until I had months of mHBOT behind me, and felt more solid.

IMO, it is not just the lining that is sensitive; but the nerves that are healing can be easily irritated, and can overreact to stimuli (i.e., the alkaline baking soda)

That said, I agree with Digby that this episode could all have been viral, or your immune system could be starting to clean house.

Hang in there! You had a window of improvement, and you will get there (and beyond) again. This is just a "speed bump".

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I’d check in and let you know how things are going with my brother who has diabetes, neuropathy, insomnia and fatigue. The first day was very bad. On the way home from the airport he puked in the car and was pale, weak and nauseous. He suffers from severe claustrophobia for the last 2 years since the brain fog set in. He got in the chamber the first night with all the right prep work and completed 90 minutes with no issues. The next morning he didn’t take ice packs in and didn’t have me near the chamber and had a complete claustrophobic meltdown and got out of the chamber and puked from the adrenaline. That night I had to sit with him while he layed in the chamber and watched him freak out so I finally asked him what is causing the fear? He said lack of control exiting the chamber. I said how long do you think it would take you to get out? He said he didn’t know so I said let’s pressurize and then deflate as quick as possible. It took 2 minutes and 10 seconds to come down as quickly as possible. For the next few dives I had to sit by the window of the chamber and then after 3 of these I started leaving the window for 2-3 minutes and then would check back with him. After 2 dives like this he left the nest and has been diving alone ever since.
Now to the actual dives and his reaction. He started feeling sick like a cold but I assured him it wasn’t a cold but junk being forced to the surface and out of his body. He stated it was white or clear but he couldn’t believe it would be stuff coming out and not a cold. Day two he quit all his diabetic meds and we have managed his sugar with supplements and oxygen therapy. He has fantastic color to his skin, even his toes have some pink to them now.
Upon his arrival he was very unstable when entering the chamber, headaches, nausea, and general weakness.
20 hours of oxygen and he can balance on one foot, squat, get off the floor with ease and walked over 10,000 steps yesterday. Granted he was a little fatigued and sore but in good spirits. He has made amazing strides in just one week and we still have 5 days of treatments left. Because he has no bacteria or viruses he is able to treat 90 minutes now 3 times a day with only positive results. He has 22 hours of treatment left to complete in his time here so I will post again after he leaves for home.
He has asked several times why doesn’t my doctor recommend this for me? He can hardly believe they mention nothing about natural treatment and healing your body.

[ 04-06-2019, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Peimomma ]

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thanks for that awesome update, Peimomma~

It is great to hear, especially considering we don't have many reports re diabetes here on the thread.

Your brother is a very lucky guy to have a sister like you...:)

Phoiph
Member # 41238

It is great to hear, especially considering we don't have many reports re diabetes here on the thread.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching him dive this last 10 days not having Lyme and company has definitely reinforced for me the difference between those that have viruses and bacteria and those treating an injury or disease. He was able to continue diving even during the cold like symptoms. Granted he had body aches and fatigue from detoxing but it lasted only 3 days compared to our 3-4 months or more.

I would not recommend an aggressive schedule like we taken on if you don’t know exactly what you are treating. He may have some residual cancer that is also receiving treatment but it would be nothing compared to a Lyme riddled body. I had to laugh during his worst days because it brought back memories of my own journey and feeling like hell after my treatments. I told him he’s fortunate to be through the woods so quickly, in the Lyme world it’s a much slower journey.

[ 04-07-2019, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Peimomma ]

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Yes, so true...and hyperbaric clinicians who don't recognize this and will often overtreat a person with Lyme, either by starting them too quickly, too frequently, or by using high pressures.
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.lymedisease.org/mylymedata-alternative-lyme-disease-treatment/

These lyme advocates put hyperbaric oxygen therapy very low on the list of effectiveness.

They also put sauna very high. I'm presuming they mean infrared sauna but do not know.

Anyone have any insights on this? I'm looking into these therapies.

Thanks.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI, Lymenotlite. I believe it is low on the list because it costs and not many people have tried it. imho.
Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

As a Lyme patient that had a sauna and treated every day with no result but with MHBOT gained my life back I would absolutely reverse those two on the list.

How would a sauna treat Lyme and company is the question I ask when people suggest this therapy or any for treatment. We know that Lyme doesn’t survive in an oxygenated environment and oxygen penetrates the entire body. On a cellular level O2 makes sense. For myself and many others that have given this therapy the daily dives with O2 for 2 years have moved on to healthy lives.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can attest to infrared sauna having little effect on Lyme as well. I’ve had one for 3 years and while it is helpful with detox and pain for me, it hasn’t done much to rid me of Lyme. I’ve just started mHBOT so I can’t yet say if it’s going to give me my life back but I’m reacting similarly to everyone else who’s been through this treatment so I have a lot of hope. 😊

--------------------
KB

Posts: 170 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also, love my sauna but it did nothing for Lyme Sx. I truly believe that Mild Hyperbaric combined with a Keto diet is the best therapy for those that fail Abx.
Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks very much for the comments. This is a long thread and it would be tough to go through it. I do have a couple of other questions.

Are many or most using keto in conjunction with HBOT or is this just successful with some? Did those who use it start with keto before starting HBOT (so they could tell whether it was working independently) or are the results mostly noticeable in conjunction with hyperbarics?

Which chambers are people using? As I have a small house, I'm wondering whether I could fit it into my cool basement but still stay somewhat warm in the winters. Maybe hot water bottle or heating pads. I live in the north. If it is portable, maybe I could move it upstairs for the cooler months.

Which machines are people using?

Thanks for your help,

Sheryl

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

I was not eating keto, just a healthy diet. You can get a 27 inch Newtowne for $3895 plus a concentrator. Chambers normally get warm inside from the concentrator heat and compressor heat so I take ice packs and have a fan. In the colder months I have blankets to keep warm.

You can move them fairly easy but would depend on how large the opening from the basement to the main floor is for ease of moving the chamber.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by lymenotlite:
https://www.lymedisease.org/mylymedata-alternative-lyme-disease-treatment/

These lyme advocates put hyperbaric oxygen therapy very low on the list of effectiveness.

They also put sauna very high. I'm presuming they mean infrared sauna but do not know.

Anyone have any insights on this? I'm looking into these therapies. Thanks.

If I recall correctly, this study is more of a compilation of general questionnaires.

For hyperbaric, at least, I don't believe critical factors (e.g., length of time used, high vs. low pressure, frequency of treatments, etc.) were asked about or controlled for, which we know are absolutely crucial to the results of the study and success of mHBOT in general.

Around the time the study was first created, I brought this point up to one of the proponents, as I was concerned that the incomplete data would discourage potential mHBOT users. Unfortunately, the input wasn't well received.

I encourage you to take the time to read the entire thread. I think you will find the experiences posted here to be a more accurate guide.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Lymenotlite, I’ve found that I need a small amount of carbs here and there so I follow the Trim Healthy Mama plan which is basically low carb with some moderately high carb/low fat meals thrown in. I don’t do any processed foods and most of what I eat is organic/pastured.

I have a Summit To Sea Grand Dive and I keep it in my basement. I have a beanbag and a blanket in it that keeps me warm in the winter. I live in northern VA. I noticed I would get coldest as I was coming out of a dive during the coldest months this winter but I stayed pretty snug if I wore cozy clothes.

--------------------
KB

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat healthy but do not follow a Keto diet
Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Thanks for everyone's help. I will be looking into all suggestions.
Kristine001
Member # 47901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristine001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently moved from HI to AZ to get away from the mold. I brought my Air Sep oxygen concentrator which I am using with a Respiro. Maybe its all in my head, but I feel like the Air Sep may be pumping mycotoxins into my chamber. I regularly clean the small filter on the back, but does anyone know if there is an additional filter inside that can be changed? I opened it up and didn't see anything, but I thought I read on here once that there is an internal filter that can be changed by a service person. Having trouble finding contact info for AirSep.

I cleaned the filters on the air pump, as per the instructions, and hope there's not mold anywhere else in there.

Posts: 22 | From HI | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi Kristine001~

I don't know about the filter question. Sorry. However, am I reading right that you brought the oxygen concentrator with you from your moldy place in HI?
As a fellow moldy-if that's the case, there is certainly a possibility that mold and mycotoxins are in the concentrator and may not be able to be filtered out. Not sure.
Also, if you are detoxing mold, you may just smell it everywhere, as I did when I was detoxing. It was coming out through my pores and everything smelled like mold to me. After I stopped detoxing (large amounts, anyway), those same things no longer smelled moldy to me.
Did you have your Respiro in HI? If so, perhaps that too is harboring mycotoxins?

I hope you are able to resolve it and start feeling better soon!
Carbokitty

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Kristine001~

Besides the filter on the back of the AirSep, there is an internal filter that should be changed every 6,000 hours (more frequently if you have pets or a lot of dust). This filter can be changed yourself (but at that point it might be a good time to have the unit checked over and serviced anyway).

I can share the contact info for an AirSep vendor who sells the filters and can walk you through he process of changing them...just PM me.

Kristine001
Member # 47901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristine001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carbokitty,

A fellow moldy! My Respiro was in Hawaii with me, but I don't actually smell mold, I'm just super paranoid of it and where it may be hiding. I left 80% or more of my belongings in Hawaii and do feel better here in Arizona.

I didn't even run my Respiro for several months after arriving, and then only because I was having surgery and thought it would help with wound healing (which I think it did). Since residual pain and brain fog went away at that point, I want to keep it up.

I'm sure it's NOT advised, but I did let all my respiro parts bake in the sun a day or two mid summer when we arrived in AZ, and of course wiped everything down and laundered what could be laundered. It feels mold-free.

I hope your mold symptoms are gone. Any tips on GI healing appreciated, I feel like I've tried everything. I react to everything that helps everyone else. The only thing that's saving me is a low histamine diet.

Posts: 22 | From HI | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

The only diet that calmed my gut down was a low FODMAP diet.
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Kristine001, Could you get a mold testing kit and place it in the chamber while running the O2 Concentrator and the Compressor for a while? That should confirm the presence of mold or take away any fear if the test is negative. Just a thought.
Kristine001
Member # 47901

That's a good idea Digby. I do want to get the internal filter changed on the AirSep, then after that I can clean everything out, do a mold tray test, and hopefully my paranoia about breathing in more mycotoxins can resolve!

kgg, I have been thinking about revisiting the FODMAP diet, we'll see. I'm sensitive to many FODMAP allowed foods, and I'm underweight to start. Maybe once the mold levels in my body come down the food sensitivities will calm down.

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi Kristine001~

I don't think I'll be much help in the gut department. That's exactly why I am getting a chamber and diving. After a recent exposure this winter in my father's condo in FL, I came home for 12 days and went to a (new) local clinic and started to dive. My stools went from watery diarrhea to formed! So I am hopeful that if I commit to the daily diving for 2 years, I will experience healing to the damaged small intestine.
I am low FODMAPS-mostly animal protein, butter/ghee and a few vegetables.

Welcome to the group! I look forward to hearing about your journey.
Carbokitty

elsworth
Member # 51880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elsworth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Can someone please tell me how a doctor's prescription should be written for a chamber, and an oxygen concentrator ?

For example, does the doctor have to include the disease condition being treated ? What exactly does the doctor write down on the prescription pad ?

Thank you

Posts: 15 | From Tennessee USA | Registered: Apr 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Elsworth,

Please PM me and I will give you a format.

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi all~
My own personal chamber is on its way along with the oxygen concentrator! I am excited to begin my daily dive journey.

I'd love to hear about other things you've found helpful. I think a small fan, pillow, blanket. Other things you've added?

Carbokitty

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Yay! So happy for you Carbokitty!

I got a light to stick up in the top of mine. Battery powered.

I love the remote that plugs in to the wall that I then plugged the chamber into so that I can turn it on after I’m zipped up and turn it off when I’m ready to deflate.

--------------------
KB

kgg
Member # 5867

Congratulations Carbokitty! I bought a wedge pillow for my chamber. I find it supports me at the right angle to either what on my computer or read from a kindle. A blanket stays in there. And I have footies in there for the days my toes are cold

I second the remote you can buy so you can turn the unit off from the inside. I bought mine on Amazon. But they probably could be found at a local hardware store.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Just be sure to position the remote in a place where you will never roll over on it (and inadvertently turn off the compressor) if you fall asleep.
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Thanks kgg-
I keep hearing about these remotes. What am I looking for/asking for?
Carbokitty

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Carbokitty, I use this one. It has lasted for years with no problems.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001Q9EFUK

Low cost too!

elsworth
Member # 51880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elsworth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone please talk to me about my biggest concern with mHBOT - chemical sensitivities.
Posts: 15 | From Tennessee USA | Registered: Apr 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

elsworth, what is it you want to know?
elsworth
Member # 51880

Digby,

I've spent the last 42 days reading through this thread and making notes. I have you listed as "ME/CFS". I too have this diagnosis, since 1984.

The chambers appear to made out of some type of rubbery material that might smell quite badly, and not be useable by a person with chemical/environmental sensitivities (and an undiagnosed mast cell disorder).

I saw other people who were chemical sensitive posting here that their chambers were not a big problem in terms of chemical sensitivities, and that they outgassed quickly - in perhaps a week, or so. But I still have a question mark in my mind on this. So, I thought I'd discuss it one more time.

Would these soft chambers be a problem for a chemically sensitive person ?

I plan on calling Newtowne Hyperbarics today. I believe they send out samples of the materials their chambers are constructed of.

Thank you for asking.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

elsworth,

I was diagnosed with Lyme in 2005. Prior to that I had the ME/CFS diagnosis. I also had MCS, which has improved by ~ 80% from mHBOT.

I use an OxyHealth chamber which I purchased used. There was no outgassing at all and I never had a problem in the chamber. For that matter, it sits in our bedroom and there is no smell at all. If it was toxic I would have known when my MCS was bad.

Good idea to get samples of the materials. Let us know what you find out.

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Thanks Digby! That's helpful.
Carbokitty

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

I also had a diagnosis of ME/CFS in 2005 but was found to actually have Lyme in 2013. I have some sensitivity to scents and I have a new Summit to Sea. I really didn’t notice much if any odor at all.

--------------------
KB

kgg
Member # 5867

I too have MCS. I bought a Newtowne. It had a new smell but did not bother me. I forget how long before I did not notice the smell. It was not long. But most importantly I did not react to it. I usually get nauseated almost instantly and then a headache. Never had either.
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Has anyone had problems with diarrhea? It doesn’t feel like a virus but who knows? No nausea, just going after I eat. Sorry about the TMI.

--------------------
KB

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met a very nice young lady from Phoenix Arizon that has long term Valley Fever and recently diagnosed pulmonary hypertension. Any thoughts on with soft or hard shelled hyperbaric oxygen treatments would have any contradictions or benefits for these issues. Pholph, I know you probably may know a bit about Valley Fever.

Thanks

Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met a very nice young lady from Phoenix Arizon that has long term Valley Fever and recently diagnosed pulmonary hypertension. Any thoughts on with soft or hard shelled hyperbaric oxygen treatments would have any contradictions or benefits for these issues. Pholph, I know you probably may know a bit about Valley Fever.

Thanks

Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Kaibyrd, I hope the diarrhea has stopped by now. I did end up having spells of diarrhea the second year I was diving. It ended up being my appendix.
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Hi kgg,
Thanks!
I think it’s about gone now. I just have some rumblings and tenderness. I’m wondering if I don’t need as much magnesium as I’ve been taking and that cause the problem. I’ve cut back on it. I sure hope it’s not my appendix!

--------------------
KB

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi Kaibyrd~

I hope its not your appendix either! I had that in 2017-not fun!

I'm actually here and diving because of chronic diarrhea following mold exposure and 18 months of antibiotics for Lyme ~ which all led into SIBO (small intestine bacteria overgrowth). After getting re-exposed to mold this winter and trying mHBOT to get rid of the mold, I discovered that fairly quickly (3 40 min dives) that treatments caused my stools to form! Its been 8 long years of varying degrees of diarrhea-and now I have formed stools.

I've done about 14 60 minute dives, 4 with my at home chamber. I suppose at some point my stools might change, just like sometimes I'm super relaxed and tired after a dive and sometimes I'm super energized, but I am hoping (why I even bought a chamber) that the mHBOT and supplemental oxygen will heal the tissues and nerves that got damaged along the way and help me have more proper elimination (and absorption of nutrients).

Anyway, all that to say, that, no, in my short journey, I've had the opposite of diarrhea.
I hope you heal and feel better soon!

Carbokitty

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Thanks Carbokitty! I’m so glad you’re finding healing so early on with mHBOT! I hope it stays that way.

I’m wondering if mine was a form of healing in that I no longer need as much magnesium and a too high level caused the diarrhea.

I took over a year of abx too but the results were food sensitivities and malabsorption, not diarrhea. I have the opposite as I get constipated without magnesium supplements. But maybe that’s changing...

--------------------
KB

kgg
Member # 5867

Oh too much Magnesium will definitely loosen stools!
kgg
Member # 5867

Oh too much Magnesium will definitely loosen stools!
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

I spoke too soon. It’s back. I’ve stopped magnesium supplements but that doesn’t seem to be helping so I’m trying foods and herbs to help control it.
I’m wondering if it’s just another form of detox fr me.

--------------------
KB

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Kaibyrd~

Have you tried liquid ReMag magnesium? It will not cause diarrhea.

I do know there is a stomach/intestinal bug going around.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by jcarlnew:

Thanks

Hi jcarlnew~

I just emailed you and the Phoenix person with Valley Fever.

I'd like to put her in touch with my HBOT/neuro friend here, as VF can be very serious and IMO should be evaluated by a professional familiar with both VF and HBOT before starting treatment.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Phoiph, I haven’t tried that. The brand I take usually doesn’t cause stomach upset but I thought maybe it was. I don’t think it is now since I’ve been off it several days. This could be a bug.

--------------------
KB

Phoiph
Member # 41238

FYI for interested practitioners:

www.ihausa.org/cme2019/

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All

I am wondering if anyone has any experience or knows of anyone that has used mHBOT to help heal a tooth infection Thanks

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

I use Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) in my bath. Apparently it can be absorbed by the skin and it has been beneficial for my skin. I have a small tub and throw a couple of handfuls into the water.
kgg
Member # 5867

I love Epsom salt baths! Helps my hurting muscles.

Hominahomina, I have not heard of anything specifically about teeth.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Epsom salts baths hype me up and I can't sleep even 12 hours later

I seems like Hbot would help infected teeth if it helps stroke victims

Here's a question
Does Hbot increase oxygen significantly inside the cell
If so why do you say and do you have any supporting documentation?

Thanks

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Homina~

Breathing supplemental oxygen alone will saturate the red blood cells, however, they can only carry so much 02. The delivery of that 02 to tissues by the red blood cells is ultimately dependent on the efficiency of one's circulation.

Breathing supplemental oxygen under pressure (HBOT) forces the oxygen beyond the red blood cells, into the tissues (which are made of cells), fluids, plasma, etc. This method delivers oxygen more deeply and efficiently, and is less dependent on one's circulation.

There was a study done in the 50's on pigs. Their blood was removed and replaced with saline solution while receiving high pressure HBOT. The pigs were fine, as their cells were saturated with 02, even without blood to carry the oxygen molecules. (Supposedly their blood was replaced and they suffered no ill effects.)

This is the basic way healing via hyperbaric works, but there is much more to it. I strongly suggest reading "The Oxygen Revolution" (3rd Edition), by Dr. Paul Harch for more background on the science behind HBOT.

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Good morning all~
I wanted to give a brief report in and ask a question.
I know I so at the very beginning of this journey. I did about 5 weeks of 4 times a week at the clinic before my chamber arrived. (Plus 3-4 times a week of 40 min dives in Jan and Feb). Then I did 8 consecutive dives with my chamber (1 hour, supplemental O2). Then I flew back to my parents condo for 5 days to help clean it out for the final sale. This beautiful location has been my nemesis due to mold. Many things were gone including and probably most importantly tons of files that my father was unwilling to let go of during/after the mold remediation in 2015. However, my sister and I looked at and touched piles of photos that were very moldy (smell). I had no reaction! Normally, my sleep would be disrupted and I would have diarrhea. I was thrilled to be able to participate in this sorting, packing, throwing out activity without being affected in a major, rendered non-functional way.
That being said, I was very happy to crawl back into my chamber when I returned on Friday evening. I will have 2 weeks of daily dives before I head back to the condo for the final time. I will be gone and away from the chamber for a week. Then I should be able to be consistent.

So my question is what do you record on your log of dives? I have created a spreadsheet to record the date, the time, how I felt. Then because my primary symptoms I am trying to address are my stools and my sleep, I am logging how those are the night and day after that particular dive. Also in the mix are any supplements or changes in supplements as I find those can have a substantial affect on those 2 events. After I've had more dive time under by belt, I will record an track any foods I try as I attempt to expand my diet (but for right now, I'm leaving that alone and sticking with what I know works). I'm just curious if you log anything else. Do you use a notebook? Or electronic?

Happy diving!
Carbokitty

kgg
Member # 5867

Hi, Carbokitty! Congratulations on going back to the condo and not having a bad reaction. That must be very encouraging.

I use two methods of record keeping. Phioph sent me these 2 and I just keep photocopying them. One is a symptom checklist that is done initially and then monthly. The other a chart with the month, day and I record how long my dive is. I also use this one to keep track of how many dives I have done to date. I would be glad to send you a copy if you PM me your address.

OzLyme
Member # 51660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OzLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in a dilemma, I still haven't gotten around to HBOT despite it most likely being the absolute best thing for me.

The reason is, I have sinus problems, and Ive been waiting to clear them first before HBOT, but havent had success.

I actually think my biggest problem may be whatevers growing in my nose rather than systemically.

They did a swab and found MARCoNS bacteria and even a fungus growing in there at one point. Ive used silver spray for ages, and even the anti fungal spray for many weeks. But my ears still pop and i think whatevers back there is still back there. and my ears are always blocked. I havent re tested the swab due to expense.

Im also on antibiotics primarily for a CPn / chlamydia pneumoniae infection (wheldon protocol like another here). But though theyve most likely helped some things, they havent made a big impact on sinuses (Cpn). Which makes me think it its probably not the CPn causing the sinus stuff.

My jaw is severely misaligned / out of joint, and it blocks my sinuses. I have a dental splint for this, but I dont know if thats the cause or the effect of the infections back there.

I've tried antibiotics, antifungal spray, silver spray... yet still my sinuses / ears are always blocked and popping and crunching. Was thinking about Ozone might clear it out... but thats also expensive, and HBOT works similarly in many ways.

Im wondering if I should just go ahead and try a mHBOT session on low pressure with some Ear Planes and something. It just doesnt look like im going to have clear sinuses any time soon without surgery, which I dont think is a good idea for me at all at this point.

Or do sinuses that always pop and dont clear easily mean = absolute no go?

Posts: 38 | From NSW, Australia | Registered: Sep 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Ozlyme, Have you considered Ozone ear insufflations and sniffing Ozonated water? That is a 5 minute treatment and should be very low cost. Unlikely, but if you are in NW Arkansas, I can help with that, otherwise you can try to find someone with a medical ozone generator near you.

Do you have a chamber? If so, you could begin by very slowly increasing the pressure and clearing your ears every few seconds. When you can no longer clear, back off the pressure a bit and dive at that pressure.

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Thanks kgg~I've sent you a PM.
Carbokitty

kgg
Member # 5867

Carbokitty, did not receive a PM.

Ozlyme, I have heard that MARCONS is hard to clear. There is a compounded nasal spray that some mold patients are using that some are having success with. But even then it seems like it takes more than one round of treatment.

I agree with Digby's suggestion of trying the chamber very slowly, clearing your ears and not taking it past the pressure you tolerate. If you feel pain, it is a warning sign. Back down the pressure. I have never tried Ozone but if it near you that may be worth a try as well.

Please keep us posted on how you do.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

So I’m pretty sure mHBOT is causing the diarrhea. We took a 5 day vacation (was planned and paid for before I started hbot) and I had no problems while away. I got back late last night so didn’t dive until today. No issues before the dive but now it’s baaaa-aack. 🙁 I have no idea what to do for it since the usual treatments aren’t working.

--------------------
KB

kgg
Member # 5867

Kaibyrd, I am so sorry to hear that it seems to be causing diarrhea. What do you mean the usual treatments aren't working? You have tried Immodium, etc? Are you taking probiotics?
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi Kaibyrd~

I too am sorry to hear about the diarrhea! So frustrating!
So my story and why I am even here is that one of my main symptoms with mold exposure is diarrhea. That became kind of a permanent thing after antibiotics and mold treatment.
If I am in mold, I immediately get diarrhea. Could it be that there is mold in your home? And you are concentrating the moldy air into the chamber? Just a thought.

Carbokitty

This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  56  57  58   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement