LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 45)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  57  58  59   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cass A

There is a FB group that has some used chambers and concentrators almost weekly, different brands and Sizes. Just search mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy and the group should appear.

Digby are you selling the Vitarus with the concentrator and extras? I got an email from the yahoo group. I can put it up in the FB group if you want me to post it with your contact info? It’s a closed group.

For post dive die off I always used 2-4 coffee enemas a day and a liquid homeopathic detox that you can find on the internet.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Peimomma, I couldn't find that closed group. It's a 2011 Vitaeris, just refurbished from OxyHealth. Includes all the accessories plus the inline cooler but no O2 Concentrator. Thanks!!!
Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hominahomina...just saw your question. The best detox for me has been coffee enemas.
Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Digby
I also use CE and it helps
I was wondering if you could tell me
How often you do it ?
When in relation to your dive?
What concentration of coffee you use?
What brand you use ?
How you prepare?
Do you use any binders and how do you use them?
Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Hominahomina....I just use them as needed. Usually not more than every other day but sometimes I'll go weeks without doing one.

I prefer after my dive.

2 tablespoons of ground organic coffee beans to a quart of water. Simmer for 15 minutes, strain and cool.

I don't use binders in relation to a CE. I don't see the need for them.

I don't think there is anything special in the way I do it. Everyone seems to have their own method. The important thing is to clean out the colon and make your liver quiver from the coffee. :^)

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Digby
I use CE after every dive and I use chlorella
I don't think I could dive effectively without these

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Any response on this comment from the Townsend letter of 2015

(HBOT) has many exceptional benefits, but it does not kill Babesia or any major tick infection. For example, we financed a study for over $100,000 to determine the ability of HBOT to kill Babesia, Lyme, and Bartonella. Participants received 110 to 120 treatments at 2.4 atmospheres for 90 minutes. There was no change in their indirect or direct lab results
http://www.townsendletter.com/July2015/babesia0715_3.html

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Hmm, this was written by James Schaller, M.D. who is a bit of a nut case. I'm guessing if there really is a $100K study, it was never published or he would quote the journal. He also doesn't even link to the study, which is weird.

If I could read the study I could comment but I am suspicious of there really being a study.

Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homina~

I have many responses...here are a few:

First, this is a "claim", not a "study". I would very much like to read this "self-funded study", but was unable able to locate it through an online search. I did, however, find many broad and unsubstantiated statements regarding an array of Lyme and coinfection treatments by the same source.

Second, we have gathered through personal experiences and the extensive research done by HBOT expert, Dr. Paul Harch, that high pressure/high dose HBOT (e.g., 2.4 atmospheres for 90 minute sessions) is not recommended for neurological conditions (Lyme is neurological). At high doses, it can actually become immune suppressive, and make neurological conditions worse.

Third, it is recognized that restoration and regulation of host immune function is a more important function of mHBOT than "direct kill" of pathogens when it comes to longstanding recovery, and restoring the immune system routinely takes more than 120 treatments.

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Digby
Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Go Phoiph! [Smile]
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

For those of you that do or did an hour a day
Did you take days off or shorten the duration of your dive when the die off was to much or did you push through? Thanks

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pushed through and increased my CE from 2-3 to 3-4 when the die off was bad. I only took days off if I had a sinus issue pressurizing or was out of town.
Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to take time off every now and then. It’s just too much even with all the detox things I do. I’ve only had to do so 3 times since I started diving in January but a few days off was definitely needed for me. I’ve been infected for 20 years now and also have bartonella and rickettsia. I wonder if the bacterial load is much higher in me than others but I really have no idea.

--------------------
KB

Posts: 170 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

KB I had been misdiagnosed for 25 years when I finally started treatments with the chamber. I have no idea how much my load was because I believe I was given my illness by the Government before my deployment to Desert Storm. If you haven’t read the book Bitten, it was the last piece to my puzzle and solidified for me that they were the givers of my gift that kept on giving for years. I had some very telling information but with all that is written in the book along with info on the net and my own experience I have no doubt I had a GOV infection and no way of knowing all the goodies it contained. They call it Gulf War Illness, but they know they gave us LD.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Homina~

Are you doing other therapies along with mHBOT?

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peimomma, I was a military spouse when I got it. The symptoms started showing up while we were stationed in Germany but only after I was bitten by something, twice on the back of my calf. The bites were swollen to about baseball size, red with a white dot in the center but no outer white ring by the time I noticed them after kneeling in the grass and weeding in my little German garden in a little German village. There was no ticks to be seen but there had been lots of tiny spiders running from me so I and the doctor I saw the next day both thought spider bites. He gave me antibiotics but not nearly enough to eradicate Lyme so I think that’s why the symptoms came on so slow. The bug had been reduced and needed time to build up a presence. That was 1999. I suspected something was wrong by 2002 but didn’t know I had something serious until 2004. I wasn’t diagnosed or treated for Lyme until 2013. Abx never did anything for me except give me food intolerance and digestive issues.
I did read some of Bitten. Very interesting read but I never finished it. Lyme brain has reduced my cognitive abilities to the point that if what I’m reading doesn’t read like a story I can follow, much of what I read doesn’t stick well. (I think I have the facts right but I’m never sure and I have to swim through my brain to find what I’m looking for, like a long ago memeory.) I need to find the book and read it again.

--------------------
KB

Posts: 170 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

KB, I mostly do audio books now due to my busy schedule and the need to multitask. Plus I can check them out from the library again if it didn’t all click the first time. Some I have purchased because I like them enough to listen again and my husband can listen when he wants on his commute time.
I never was sick until our vaccinations prior to deploying. Once in country I had all the signs of Lyme, weight loss, neck and joint pain, severe fatigue, diarrhea. I just thought it was a bad gut from the food. No one has put together how troops from all the services stationed in different areas came home with similar symptoms. And let’s not forget that family members began having the very same symptoms.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

I do audio books as well but I retain better in non-fiction if I have the physical book and can flip back to something much easier to refresh my memory but it’s still a pain getting things to stick right now.

--------------------
KB

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

peimomma
How long have you been pushing through?
Does all that CE keep you awake?

Phoip I am currently doing only mHbot

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Hominahomina I don’t have to push through now, I haven’t been treating for almost 3 years since going back to work. I’m at 100%, no setbacks.
When I was in my first 6 months is when I was pushing through the bad days. I hit a wall at dive 57 and then was herxing for 3-4 months. I would get up and dive, do CE, sleep/rest then do another coffee usually by noon. My herx would start 7-9 hours after my treatment so I tried to get ahead of them with the detox and water intake. I had to introduce a homeopathic liquid detox to help empty my lymph system though.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

peimomma
What homeopathic remedy?
Did your herx affect your kidneys?
Thanks

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Homina,

What about supplements and diet?

Besides CE, any other detox therapies?

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Here’s a link to the detox

https://m.professionalsupplementcenter.com/Whole-Body-Detox-Liquescence-by-Professional-Complementary-Health-Formulas.htm

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks Peimomma
What times of the day did you use this and how much?

Phioph Chlorella
What do you suggest as far as supplements and diet ?

Thanks

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Homina~

Most people with chronic illness have genetic issues with their detoxification pathways, so If your diet is low in nutrients and high in inflammatory foods, you can expect that you will not detoxify well.

Optimally, you would want to eliminate foods that place a toxic/metabolic burden on your body, including gluten/grains, dairy, sugar, caffeine, processed foods, bad fats/oils, preservatives, etc.

I would suggest whole, organic foods, good fats (coconut oil, avocados, oily fish like wild caught salmon and sardines), eggs, grass fed beef, and bone/meat broth, soaked and roasted nuts/nut butters, etc.

Depending on the degree of illness, you may need to start with a very basic protocol, like the GAPS diet and later incorporate more of these suggested foods. I'm also not a fan of multiple supplements, especially when you are healing your gut.

This type of nutrition will optimize your pathways of detoxification and provide necessary building blocks for healing the immune system/gut, nerves, etc. Over time, you may find you can tolerate consistent mHBOT better, and don’t require other “detox” methods.

It helps to remember that "Food is Medicine".

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Phoiph I know good diet is important thanks but I know at least one person who recovered from a bacterial infection long standing that did not alter their diet however I don't think it was lyme
I know people that use folates and b12 to help their metthylation I think that has helped me

peimomma
On that homeopathic remedy
Did that really help?
I am skeptical of that branch of "medicine"
But I am willing to try
Thanks

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Was a little disappointed to hear Dr Tania Dempsey state Hbot was not so effective against Bartonella and Lyme Listen and comment if you want
About 2/3 in I estimate
https://www.betterhealthguy.com/episode106

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Dr. Dempsey is very specific and in depth in her knowledge about many subjects in the podcast, but her comments on HBOT are limited and very general.

In answer to the interviewer's question re whether she was concerned about HBOT worsening Bartonella, as it is an "aerobic" organism, she was not, but she was also not convinced it was that "useful" for Bartonella in her observation on patients that were using it for Bartonella and other conditions.

She then asks the interviewer for his own experience, which he states that he "hasn't been particularly drawn to HBOT", but further shares his own general comments (some of which I disagree).

We have no background on how the subjects of Dr. Dempsey's observation were using HBOT (e.g., dosage, frequency, duration), which we know is crucial to recovery.

Of course, from personal experience, I already know it works for Bartonella.

Homina, in reference to your previous question regarding diet, did you catch her comments that diet is 80% of the program?

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

If I recall she also said she did not think Hbot was so good for lyme as well
Since I am someone that does Hbot and since there are people here that have had good success using Hbot
I would have similar questions as you Phoiph

No I did not catch the comment on 80%

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Homina I was using it twice a day, right after my treatment and then before bed which was about 7 pm back in the day.

Yes, it absolutely helped lesson my load. I use homeopathic remedies often for myself and my dogs. Do not take it if you have coffee, anything minty or strong in odor that would antidote the remedy. They are very fragile and many people don’t understand how to use them and therefore they get no results. We have brought dogs back to life, healed broken bones, healed surgery incisions and removed the pains of many different people. In the hands of a person that uses caution and care when taking them, they are very powerful.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Peimomma
Thanks
You mentioned dogs
Is there anything you do homeopathic for separation anxiety?

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Homina I actually use CBD oil for my girls anxiety. I tried remedies at first but trying to look at the deeper picture and what remedy fits her profile I gave up and moved to CBD. I use remedies for acute situations and many times anxiety stems from a deeper issue. It would take some time to dose and watch and then decide when to change to a new remedy and try again.
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Peimomma
What brand of CBD do you use?
Thanks

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

This is the brand I use for myself and my pups.

https://hopebotanicals.com/

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Peimomma
When used the homeopathic formula
Did it cause your organs of elimination to work harder?
Did you eliminate more?
Thanks

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

I keep seeing concern over CO2 buildup inside mHBOT on the Facebook page. What is this about and why are they concerned?

--------------------
KB

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Kaibyrd,

I'm not on the Facebook site, so don't know what's being discussed there.

Can you provide more info?

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Homina the great thing about remedies is they work very gently when taken correctly. You won’t even notice except to feel better with the toxic load lessening. Keep the water flowing.

Keep me posted if you decide to take it.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Phoiph, I think it’s mostly a concern when 2 or more people share the chamber but some are saying that CO2 build up can become a issue if you don’t have the right amount of compressors for the size chamber or the right amount of oxygen concentrator per person. I’m just finding it confusing I guess and was wondering if anyone here has heard of this before.

--------------------
KB

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

kaibyrd...I think the CO2 issue is just people looking for something to freak out about.

You not only have the compressor pushing air in at one end of the chamber and the escape valves letting it out the other (much faster than you can breath it) but you are also breathing O2 directly from the oxygen concentrator.

There is no way you will have a build up of CO2. Actually you are more at risk under the sheets in bed, than in your chamber. The only way this could be a problem is in a poorly designed home built chamber.

Please don't worry about this.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Thanks Digby!!
I wasn’t so much worried as confused as to why others were so concerned about it and why I was seeing it pop up so much.

--------------------
KB

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Does or has anyone here used activated charcoal or other binders as a binder in conjunction with your dives
If you do or did when did you take it before after?

Thanks

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Homina~

I am diving primarily for mold exposure (and resulting ongoing loose stools and food sensitivities). I take activated charcoal and I typically take it after I dive. However, if I've had a mold exposure, I may take more than one dose a day and therefore one dose might be before I dive.

Carbokitty

Posts: 118 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elsworth
Member # 51880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elsworth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listmates,

I recently did my 100th dive. And I wanted to report that all is well.

There is one thing that I'll mention though. I broke a bone in my hand (small metacarple) due to mHBOT. Let me explain. You see, for the last 20 years, I either do not dream, or cannot recall my dreams. I know this is not normal, and shows there is something amiss in my brain. But it was recalcitrant to various treatments, and so I eventually gave up on it and moved on with my life.

Well, guess what happened the night after my very first 5 minute test dive ? Yep. I started dreaming like crazy. I continued to dive for only 5 minutes each day, as I was cautious, and very intrigued by the new development. Sure enough each night, I dreamed like crazy, until on the fifth night, I apparently dreamed too much. I was awakened in the middle of the night by a family member screaming at me, "What are you doing ? !!!". "I don't know", I genuinely replied. Well, it turns out I was up in my sleep punching the wall, very hard, over and over and over.

Once things settled down, we flipped on the light to look at my hand. Mmmmm. It was not pretty. You could see that it hand broken bones just by looking at it. So, I went the doctor the next day, and got an X-ray. Fortunately, I had only broken the small metacarpal bone. They put on a temporary cast and sent me home. And the first thing I did when I got home, despite the protestations of my family, was get right back in my chamber ! In fact, I've not missed a dive yet, and I've not had anymore nocturnal upsets either. (And I should add here, I've never been prone to violence, or had problems with mood disorders.)

I had my last visit with the orthopedic surgeon recently. He said the bone had healed well, and he was pleased with my progress.

So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. IMHO, the morale of the story is: mHBOT is a subtle, but powerful, therapy. Strange things can happen along the way.

Posts: 15 | From Tennessee USA | Registered: Apr 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks Carbokitty
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elsworth, so glad you are seeing progress! And good job hanging in there. I think that would make me think twice about continuing. Certainly understand your family's concern. You must have had a pretty good nightmare stored up. Good for you for not letting the bully get the best of you! ;-)

You are so correct! mHBOT is a subtle, but powerful, therapy.

Posts: 1686 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Buzzing in the ears
It's not really buzzing but that is the best description I have right now
When I dive a lot my head buzzes continuously
Does this happen to any of you?
Is this a detox symptom?
Is it a sign I am overdoing it?
What can I do about it ?

Thanks

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

I have continuous ringing in my ears. It was there long before I started hbot. There were a couple of times after diving that it was louder but it’s gone back down to normal now.

--------------------
KB

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Kalbyrd Thanks for responding
That is interesting the same with me but the "ringing" seems to be more consistent
I wonder why

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

For me, it could have been the noise from the hbot that increased the ringing. I started wearing ear buds to drown out the constant noise and then I got a silencer a couple weeks ago and that is helping but now I have a faulty release valve that is buzzing really loud. Is your hbot loud?

--------------------
KB

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

My Newtowne is not that loud I don't think
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

I don’t really know then other than our bodies are trying to heal but sometimes that doesn’t feel like healing. I’m kinda new to this and still having lots of problems.

--------------------
KB

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by Kaibyrd:
For me, it could have been the noise from the hbot that increased the ringing. I started wearing ear buds to drown out the constant noise and then I got a silencer a couple weeks ago and that is helping but now I have a faulty release valve that is buzzing really loud. Is your hbot loud?

Kaibyrd,

Your exit valve could be clogged with lint. You can GENTLY vacuum it from the inside, making sure you are holding the nozzle a bit away from it, and/or clean out with a Q-tip.

If this doesn't work, the Oxyhealth valves (not sure on others) can be carefully unscrewed from the outside and cleaned.

Also, sometimes just giving the chamber a whack with your hand on the outside near the valve when it is fully inflated will stop the buzzing.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Hi Phoiph!

I called the S2S customer service number and Bruce told me if it’s buzzing that loud (I was in it when I called) that it needs replacing. I’m still waiting to hear back from him though. *drums fingers*

--------------------
KB

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Maybe it does need to be replaced...you could always troubleshoot in the meantime just in case its an easy (and inexpensive) fix.

Regardless, I would call him back and say you need one sent immediately, as you can't effectively use your chamber in the current state.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

I was thinking of calling him. I have tried several things but nothing helps. I’ll see if I can get a vacuum in there but I have little hope that will do anything. It’s such a loud buzz that it really sounds like a structural issue. Thanks!

--------------------
KB

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Phoiph, I did call Bruce. He apologized for not getting back to me quicker. I had also sent him photos of my windows in my hbot because they started fogging up last month and are completely fogged over now. He’s sending me a whole new shell!!! Apparently the windows can’t be fixed in these particular hbot shells so I won’t have any down time. He will send the shell first (that will also fix the noise issue) and then he’s sending a mailing label for me to send the old one back. That’s great customer service!!!

--------------------
KB

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Good to hear!
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Here is an article which suggests why possibly Lyme is so hard to get rid of once it establishes itself in the body It disables the immune system

In Mice
"Dr. Nicole Baumgarth of the University of California, Davis. Her work was subsequently published in 2014 and 2015. She showed that after mice were infected, Lyme/Borrelia bacteria migrate to lymph nodes, which are sites where much of the immune response occurs"

"Lyme/Borrelia, thus, goes to lymph nodes to cripple the apparatus that makes the most effective"

Maybe this happens in humans too and maybe as has been mentioned here Hbot restores the disabled immune system so it can fight lyme if this is true How would regular doses of high concentrations of oxygen delivered at high pressure restore the immune system specifically the lymph nodes?

Experts out there? please chime in

Here is the article

https://droopyyoupi.blogspot.com/2019/06/chronic-lyme-disease-how-i-came-to.html?fbclid=IwAR2zxTkXJeFparh5831bvKoxDUF2F2AzDbBN5J8j7vXcuP-96ll3NF8yudI

Thanks for reading

[ 11-03-2019, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Hominahomina ]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Homina~

I think it is well accepted that Borrelia attacks and disables the immune system in humans.

So, your question is whether higher pressure/concentrations of oxygen would restore the immune system more effectively than the "low and slow" method?

If you read this thread from start to finish, you will note that that the entire thread is based on the discovery that the "low and slow" method has been more successful (and safer) than the short term, high pressure treatment for overall recovery, and it will become clearer as to why this is so.

Think of high pressure HBOT as an attempted "kill the bugs" method, as with antibiotics. (Note that the article you posted discovered that the "bugs" came back after discontinuing antibiotics).

Think of "low and slow" mHBOT as a healer, regulator, and restorer of immune function (among many other benefits), so it can do its job against the "bugs" long term.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

(Homina, if I didn't understand your question, please clarify...maybe you were asking how hyperbaric restores the immune system in general?)
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Phoiph
Yes that was my question

If it is true Lyme/Borellia in Humans Attacks the lymph nodes so they can't make IgG which is a more effective antibody

How does Hbot enable the Lymph Nodes to make IgG again or is there some other mechanism that happens to improve the immune system?

Broxin
Member # 52040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broxin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Phoiph,
im from Germany and am at page 5 in this Thread. i wanted to ask you if you know any good concentrator brand that delivers 10 LPM with 20 psi here in Europe? I only found one concentrator that delivers 9 LPM and sadly 9.7 psi.
To my bad i bought this thing allready but for only 200€. it only has 20000 Hours on the clock so i made a good deal. Can i use this with an mHBOT or will this be useless?
It is the "INVACARE Platinum 9"

Do you have any discounts for european users also on chambers or concentrators?

Thanks. Back to reading further in this Thread.

BTW: any other mHBOT German users here?

Posts: 68 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Homina~

To better understand how hyperbaric oxygen improves immune function, you must first consider the cascade effects of hypoxia (i.e., low oxygen levels, which can be cause by Lyme and other factors) on the immune and other body systems, as hypoxia, immunity, and inflammation are closely related.

Here's an article which explains the effects of both hypoxia and hyperbaric oxygen in detail:

https://www.dovepress.com/hypoxia-and-hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-a-review-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-IJGM

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Welcome, Broxin!

Your concentrator might be adequate, as the 9.7 psi should (in theory) be strong enough to counter the 4.2 psi backpressure of the chamber.

That said, with a lower psi unit, the backpressure may also lower the LPM flow, so I will check on it this for you with my "concentrator expert".

And yes, you can order concentrators here for shipment overseas, and there are available discounts on chambers. You can PM me for the information if you decide to go that route.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Broxin,

I heard back from the "concentrator expert."

He believes your concentrator will work with a home chamber. He suggests that you run the concentrator for 4-5 minutes prior to pressurizing your chamber to get it up to speed to handle the back pressure from the chamber.

He also suggests setting the LPM to 9. It will likely drop a bit when the chamber is pressurized, but don't adjust it...just leave it wherever it lands for the duration of the dive.

(Please report back on the LPM reading when the chamber is fully pressurized.)

This is the same way the older Sequal Integra concentrators were/are used, and they have less psi than yours (although they have 10LPM).

I would recommend to have it checked/serviced since there is 20,000 hours on it, just to make sure it is functioning properly and any necessary internal filters, etc., have been changed.

Broxin
Member # 52040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broxin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, thanks for your time.

Ok ill try that. I exchanged all the filters already. I will drive it to a check point and get the concentration and pressure tested.

I dont have a chamber yet but am talking with a woman who has 40 families equipped with an mHBOT in Germany.

She does this because she belives in it and her husband is a diving instructor and doctor. So a awesome combination and a

Sad story. Her son got encephalitis as he was three years old and was completly disabled by that. He recovered a lot with

The mHBOT. As in Germany HBOT is very unknown and its hard to get a hold of a chamber. she made connections everywhere with a lot of companys and tries to get the word out, quite like

What you do in here for the american side [Wink]
She recommended "Summit to Sea" over the oxyhealth one, because 1. it is way more affordable, 2. the zipper is usable even if you are a small woman. The Oxyhealth is very rigid and hard to close by oneself if you are in the chamber.

That are her experiences.

Added to that, sadly she cant recommend Summit to Sea anymore, as the quality plummeted very badly and three customers one after another got holes in the new S2S chambers where the air was leaking and the customer support also got really bad.

She is on the search for a new company.
She found one chinese direct importer company that is on par with the old quality of Summit to Sea chambers. I dont know the name of the brand though.

So ill gather information and parts slowly and hope for a used S2S chamber from one of those families she supplied years ago (she does this for like 12 years and showed me the map of all those families)

I have lyme diagnosed two months ago and am not on any abx, although in my lyme group everyone pushes me to take them allready... but im sceptical of abx and try for years to keep whatever i have at bay with all kinds of natural and alternatives. I dont want to make it better to make it worse with those abx.

I have 5 strains of lyme tested. All igGs positive (didnt test lyme igMs)
And i have a LOT of co infections. Babs barts... ebv vzv cmv
One thing that frightens me is toxoplasmosis. Its high, even the igM...
you have any info from users with toxoplasmosis and mHBOT?

What would YOU do Phoiph?

Would you go on an extreme abx route? I have all the prescriptions for an very aggressive abx therapy plan given me by an LLMD here.

At this point, i had really every sympthom in the book.
The most frightening is my eyesight gets worse on both eyes, left one in the far and right one in the near *sigh*
more the left one. Stinging Pain behind the eyes. Dizzyness, confused sometimes, dementialIke sympthoms, shakyness, also shaky eyes and doublevision to the sides (due to eyemuscle pain i guess) And a new thing are jointpains everywhere (might be herx due to different stuff im trying like vitC/Salt and other form of alternative treatment.

I hope my joints wont get damaged prrmanently as it also started as i begun working out recently. (Oh and after i got an 10ml igG shot from the LLMD doctor, as he told me it should be done if my viral load is high (i think i shouldnd done that as it started the jointpains immediately)

I also do saunas every day/second day to detox and strengthen immune system.

Ok enough written [Smile]
Maybe youll find some time to answer some of my questions

Bye

Posts: 68 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Broxin~

You were diagnosed 2 months ago, but how long ago did you start having symptoms?

Also, I know of a private party here that may ship you a chamber overseas.

Broxin
Member # 52040

Symptoms started 03.2018 as i had fear of death three times over a thrombosis (extreme psychical stress)(weakens immunesystem)

Added to that i got a tick in 2017 and another one in 2018
And a horsefly bit me in my face with heavy swelling and lymph swelling in 2018.

Shipping will be expensive i guess?
What will be the cost roughly we are talking about and which brand?

[ 11-12-2019, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Broxin ]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Broxin,

You said you were positive on 5 strains of Lyme. Was Garinii one of them? (This is the strain I had).

I was also sick for about 1.5 years before diagnosis, as you have been.

I would not ever tell someone not to do antibiotics, I can only share my experience with them.

I did 9 months of IV (and other) antibiotics, antimicrobials, etc., after I was diagnosed 1.5 years after symptoms began. The antibiotics made me more ill (further destroyed my gut/immune sytem). I was told that I was worsening due to "herxing", but I did not recover from the so-called "herxing", I just continued to get worse.

When I discovered and began mHBOT years later, I was still positive for Garinii, Babesia and Bartonella (on blood smear), myriad other pathogens, and sicker than ever.

It was consistent mHBOT, diet, and gradual exercise (all 3 are crucial) over a couple of years that cured me.

It took a long time for me to understand that because my condition was "Chronic Lyme", unfortunately, it was no longer about "killing the bugs" (I had missed that window, thanks to failure to diagnose), but was about recovering my immune system so it could do its job.

I will PM you info about chamber options for overseas.

Broxin
Member # 52040

Yes Garinii was one of them. Ill post my infection profile later so you have a rough picture of my viral/bacterial load

I am very lucky i got an rarely used summit to sea chamber for 3300€ here in Germany. If im being honest i could not afford to pay more.
Still thank you for your help in reaching out.

Can you tell me if its dangerous to dive at 1.45 - 1.5ata and put oxygen to the chamber?
Ive heard it could result in a fire in the chamber because compressed oxygen is highly inflamable so i didnt try it yet.

I have done my first 60 min dive at 1.45 ata yesterday.

Weirdly the air was really humid and the chamber walls were dripping wet, maybe because its cold outside the chamber?

Also i took a small plastic bottle half filled with water and drank that as the chamber started to fill. This way it was way easier for me to gulp and release the pressure that builds up in the ears.

One must be cautious though. If i would not have pressed out half of the air out from the bottle before deflating the chamber, the bottle would have bursted. Better to not close the bottle at all.

Broxin

Btw i wanted to start at 1.3 ata with different pressure valves that are included but thought to simply jump into it and go for the 1.45-1.5 ata valves without oxygen first.

I dont know if its to much for my body, wanted to start slow:

60 min 7 days a week
A week at 1.3 without oxygen
A week at 1.45 without oxygen
A week at 1.3 with oxygen
Then for the rest of dives 1.45 with oxygen.

Would that be necessary or can one just start at 1.45 with oxygen? How are the testimonials from users?
Im at page 9 in this thread... so much to read

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Broxin! Welcome. I tried starting for an hour at 1.3. But found that too much. So I ramped up from 30 minutes to 60. Once I reached 60 minutes, I went from just letting the oxygen flow into the chamber to putting the mask on at the end of the dive. Slowly increasing the time I had it on until I reached the 60 minutes. I was able to increase the oxygen by 10 minute segments. But I know people who struggle with adding 5 minutes. So it is very individual. I will post the ramping up schedule.
Posts: 1686 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

mHBOT Diving Schedule (for those just starting out)
TANYA THORLAKSON REY·MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2016·

Week 1

Days 1-3: 20 minute dive at full pressure (not counting compression and decompression time). Do not wear the mask, but set it down inside the chamber so the oxygen is flowing in, mixing with compressed air.

Days 4-7: If no major reactions are happening, increase full pressure time to 40 minutes. If having previous reaction, stay at 20 minutes (still no mask; just let oxygen flow in and mix with compressed air).

Week 2

Days 1-3: If no major reactions, increase full pressure time to 60 minutes. If having a previous reaction, stay at 40 minutes (still no mask).

Days 4-7: If no major reaction, continue with full pressure 60 minute dive, wearing mask for 20 minutes, and laying it down in the chamber for the rest of the dive. (If having reaction, don't move forward; stay at last step!)

Week 3

Days 1-3: Continue 60 minute dive, wearing mask for 40 minutes, and laying it down in the chamber for the rest of the dive.

Days 4-7: Continue 60 minute dive, wearing mask for entire 60 minutes.

Again...don't move forward to the next step until you're not having major reactions. It is best to move up slowly so your body has time to detoxify and adjust.

You don't need to wear the mask while you compress (so you can clear your ears freely), but do wear it when you decompress.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Hi Broxin, welcome!

Please follow the schedule kgg has provided. I didn’t remember this forum, much less this thread was here until I was a couple weeks into diving at an hour with full oxygen mask time at 1.3. I crashed hard and had to start over slowly.

--------------------
KB

This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  57  58  59   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement