LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 49)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be careful about using Ozone to disinfect the chamber. At higher concentrations it will rapidly crosslink (degrade) the materials including the foam in the mattress. As Phoiph said, diluted H2O2 is your best bet.
Posts: 494 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told by Bruce at Summit to Sea that the material they use will not allow mold to grow on it. Contact your chamber manufacturer and ask them if that’s the case with yours.

--------------------
KB

Posts: 133 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is everyone cleaning their masks and is there a way to disinfect the tubing
Thanks

Posts: 187 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all~

I used hydrogen peroxide. Not sure about the tubing, whether there might be anything in there. Waiting for the filter to the concentrator to dry and then I will start diving.

I don't have an ozone generator so I wasn't going to try that anyway.

I appreciate your input and support.

Carbokitty

Posts: 76 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an informative podcast on Covid-19 with Dr Leo Galland
Parts 1 and 2
https://drhoffman.com/podcast-2/
The best I have heard so far

Posts: 187 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all~

I just wanted to give an update (as well as say hi to everyone as we shelter in place/practice social distancing)

I've done 3 dives now back in my home and I am fine. I'm not having any of the symptoms I was having at the Airbnb while I was in California. So it appears that the chamber and accessories are not contaminated. I am grateful!

In the meantime, however, I did experience one bad night since I've been back. Insomnia, waking up during the night with my heart pounding and being awake for usually 2 hours is common for me with mold exposure. This one night occurred the 2nd night my husband was home (he drove, I flew and I arrived home 2 nights before he did). On the 2nd night, I had moved "my" pillow (that he brought back in the car) and a throw I had used daily while I was in CA into the bedroom where I was sleeping. I wasn't sleeping on either one but they were close to me. During the night I woke up with my heart racing and wide awake. I finally got up and moved both of those, the pillow and the throw into the closet. I haven't had a reoccurance since. Could it be that I was reacting to my own pillow or this throw the whole time (2 months)? I'm scared to expose myself again but I think I have to to learn the truth.

I have now done 243 1 hr dives in the last year. I know I still have a long way to go and because of a few 4-5 day breaks when traveling, I likely need to extend my healing time beyond the recommended 2 years. Although I work daily on acceptance of my condition (all these sensitivities), I have my moments (now?) when I feel frustrated and a bit hopeless. I do have hope. Those of you who have achieved wellness with this modality do give me hope to persevere and carry on. And I do intend to carry on with mHBOT for sure.

I do wonder sometimes, though, if this whole mold sensitivity is like some theories that some of us lack the genetics to identify molds from wet damaged buildings. And If that is "the whole thing in a nutshell", boosting one's immune system will not allow us to do anything different to identify mold and get rid of it. We'll still have this sensitivity-with all the constraints it causes ("I can't go here, I can't be near this thing, I can't eat that food"). And I'm aware I'm in the wrong group to be talking about this. There's really not a good mold group to talk about using mHBOT. One can really only use a chamber once they are out of mold. Not good to use while in a moldy house and concentrating that moldy air. And it's really not a modality that's accepted for discussion among those who are avoiding mold. Only mold avoiding behaviors are tolerated for discussion. So thank you for tolerating my ramblings. This group has been a life-line to me. (At the same time, please let me know if it's preferred that I not bring up non-Lyme topics).

Anyway. That's my story. Happy the chamber doesn't seem to be contaminated. Still diving and remaining hopeful. Occasionally frustrated about my reactions to "stuff".

I'm sending good thoughts to everyone for good health and good immune response to this virus.

Carbokitty

Posts: 76 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carbokitty~

Here are my thoughts on it.

You may have the genetic predisposition, but those genes were "turned on" sometime in your life (i.e., you weren't sensitive when you were born).

Therefore, they can be "turned off", or at least, "turned down".

A lot of chemical sensitivities come from the gut, and will improve when that is fully healed.

8 months of diving is not long enough to judge, so please remain hopeful! This is a gradual process, with many layers to be traversed. Your body knows what it is doing, and in what order. (That may not always seem like "progress" to the "analyzing brain".)

I was chemically sensitive to mold and many, many substances in the environment when I was ill, all of which I no longer even notice.

I do think that reducing the toxic burden by limiting exposures while you are healing is critical though, to prevent setbacks. That was easy for me since I was homebound, but more difficult if you are traveling, etc.

Posts: 1455 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hominahomina:
How is everyone cleaning their masks and is there a way to disinfect the tubing
Thanks

Just use the same 50/50 solution of water and hydrogen peroxide on your mask.

The tubing doesn't need cleaning, as the oxygen flowing through it is anti-bacterial, and the flow is toward you, rather than back through the tubing.

Posts: 1455 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carbokitty...One of the big benefits I got from diving is that I no longer have the food and airborne sensitivities that plagued me before. I can now have a glass of wine on occasion. In the past 2 sips would make me feel miserable. I can also go to a toxic place like Walmart and not feel sick. Just stick with it.
Posts: 494 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

I use alcohol wipes to clean my mask. It is easier than mixing up the H2O2 solution. Phoiph, do you see any problem with that?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Not if it's Tequila, Digby... [Smile]
carbokitty
Member # 40537

Thanks Digby and Phoiph~

I appreciate the hopeful and positive messages from those who have journey-ed before me. I do intend to continue on ~ never had any thoughts of quitting. Sometimes I just have to get these fearful/negative/hopeless thoughts out of my head.

Glad to not be traveling this road all alone.

My best to all,
Carbokitty

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

quote:
Originally posted by Digby:
Carbokitty...One of the big benefits I got from diving is that I no longer have the food and airborne sensitivities that plagued me before. I can now have a glass of wine on occasion. In the past 2 sips would make me feel miserable. I can also go to a toxic place like Walmart and not feel sick. Just stick with it.

Hello Digby

How long did you dive when you noticed the difference ? Did you have co infections and if so what were they?

Thanks

carbokitty
Member # 40537

Phoiph~

I want to circle back around to the gene thing. Once I learned about mold sensitivity and the genetic component in 2014/15, I suddenly understood my whole life in a way I didn't understand it before. I had my tonsils out at 4 years old. I now know it was likely because there was mold in our house (with a basement). We then moved to another house, which had flooding in the basement from time to time. And I was sick frequently. And on and on with other mold exposures from wet damaged buildings. This more recent exposure that started in 2011 in my parents condo (and then I was treated with antibiotics for a Lyme diagnosis) has resulted in "lasting" gut issues and food sensitivities. While many of my past exposures landed me in various hospitals for what appeared to be mental illness (extreme anxiety and depression), none of the other included the use of long term antibiotics. I would say those genes were turned on very early on in my life. And turned on often. I remain hopeful that this will make a long term difference for me. This combined with FMTs has made a big improvement ~ FMTs seem to be the only way I can boost my intestinal flora. I am, of course, unable to obtain more at the moment and will need to try and feed what I've got going and also continue to dive.

Carbokitty

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Hominahomina...I was about a year and a half in when I started to notice these benefits.

I'm not sure about co-infections. I had Bart but I stopped being positive on tests (for what that's worth) before I started diving. I also had very high EBV titers.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Carbokitty~

Thanks for the background info.

As you explained, it is usually not "just one thing", but a cumulation of many "insults" in our lives, combined with a predisposition that results in a chronic illness. Many of us are unsure of what those contributing factors might have been in our lives, but you are more aware.

The doctor that I mentioned to you before is brilliant at finding and working around the genetic snps that might exist...just in case you wanted to explore that route.

I'm glad you're committed to continuing to dive, as you've already improved, and it can be a rocky road, but I know you're going to get there.

carbokitty
Member # 40537

Thanks Phoiph!

Maybe it's time to do that telemedicine consult with that doctor. Or hold out to experience the miracle that Digby experienced. Fingers crossed.
For today, at home, all is well.

Happy diving!
Carbokitty

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's everyone doing? I am so grateful to have my chamber during these difficult times. I've been using it daily except I recently had to take a couple of days off due to a mild cold.

I'm doing better and ready to dive back in today, but will be sure and take it very slow to build up to 1.3 ATA.

I can't help but wonder if (and hope) MHBOT is protecting us in some way, from COVID-19.

Posts: 2306 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi dbpei~

Agreed!

Glad you're doing better. In my experience, getting a cold after recently beginning mHBOT can be a good sign that your immune system is kicking in.

I posted this earlier, but just in case it was missed:

Hyperbaric Application to Corvid19

https://hbot.com/hyperbaric-application-to-covid-19-pulmonary-infection/

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m actually more worried about my family getting it than myself. They are nearly 1000 miles away but their state leader doesn’t seem to be taking it seriously enough so neither are many of its people, to include my aunt. I’m so scared she’s going to give it to my mother. We, her children had to do some serious talking to her before she started taking it seriously. She’s 80 and has many health issues. But even the younger members of my family all have health issues and most of them smoke. This could wipe out my whole family but I’m working on not dwelling on that with lots of prayers and trusting in God to help us through this. I pray everyone here is safe and staying calm.

--------------------
KB

Posts: 133 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry Kaibyrd. I have similar issues with my family too. I seem to be the only one who wants the social distancing to go beyond Easter. Most are being careful distancing themselves for now, but think as long as they pray and read the Bible, it will be safe to go to services on Easter and go back to our old way of life. I hope I don't offend anyone here by this, but I just don't believe that.

It's hard enough being so afraid, but to be wasting energy on arguing your point to relatives is not good when we need our reserves to keep our immune system strong! I thank God every day for my chamber. When I get inside, it helps to calm me in so many ways.

Posts: 2306 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Phoiph, I forgot to thank you for that article! It is very encouraging!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

In addition to the article, another thing I find encouraging, is that mHBOT is immune strengthing and modulating.

The drugs and herbs that are being suggested for COVID19 are also immune modulating, which assists in keeping the immune system from overreacting and creating an inflammatory "cytokine storm".

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Phoiph, what herbs are being suggested? I’ve seen probiotics mentioned as well as melatonin and vitamin C.

Dbpei, I agree about family. I’ve tried for many years to get them to eat better and stop smoking but they just don’t care so I’ve given it to God. As for Easter, I’m waiting on God there too.

--------------------
KB

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks Phoiph for that tip on keeping tubes clean

Here is an article on supplements to improve immunity by Dr Hoffman

https://drhoffman.com/article/coronavirus-treatment-and-prevention-strategies/

carbokitty
Member # 40537

I just want to chime in here on the supplements. I’ll paste a link to the Integrative Medicine school in Arizona (Andrew Weil). He cautions not to take Vitamin D during the infection because it could contribute to cytokine storm. Before and as a preventive is fine.

https://integrativemedicine.arizona.edu/file/72354/Integrative+Considerations+during+the+COVID+3.18.20.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0ufv_ZkcvWfrun7szsbpZxIl0r4iwhoJrFNT5nW64LFUONtPuFsovAEKk

Carbokitty

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Kaibyrd~

Here's an interview with Dr. Klinghardt that mentions supplements. There may be a more recent interview out now, which you can google:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=yIL2FVlaZu4&feature=emb_title

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Phoiph, thank you!

--------------------
KB

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Homina and Carbokitty, thank you!

--------------------
KB

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2019 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.