LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Still need help-Knee's hurt, swelling,,,what causes it,any body with it

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still need help-Knee's hurt, swelling,,,what causes it,any body with it
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 12 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I've posted before with this ,,general question..

.BUT who has had this start way into LD treatment.

Is it a general symptom?

I read a lot about peoples knee's /pain/arthritis/Lyme.

I've fllen several times now, many say Knee's pain , swelling not Lyme/Babs.
I can think of no other reason.

These 4 walls are just making me ill [Frown]
Any and all input would be helpful.....Thank You
[Roll Eyes]

[ 10-01-2013, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: nonna05 ]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any problems with joint pain and swelling are usually general symptoms.

Are you on any meds, or did you change or start new meds?

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On on several meds and supplements.for LD treatment

Is there some that usually cause swelling?
When you say general symptoms ,you mean LD?

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, LD...

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it's lyme.

Had this pretty much since 2001 -first lyme infected tick bite.

Sometimes it comes and goes, but mostly always there.

Sounds like firecrackers at a fair when I first start moving around in the morning.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was on clindamycin, that took down joint swelling, so I know killing/deterring treatment can work.

Now I take turmeric powder that I put into empty capsules.

The red liniment, Zheng Gu Shui, rubbed on the joints takes down the pain, enough for me!

Any 660nm red light tool waved over the joints can ease pain.

Also have found that lymphatic drainage massage once a month eases the joint pain.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it's always been candida/yeast and possibly Lyme mixed in. My Lyme has been gone for 9+ yrs .. Now I get intermittent knee pain.

It's usually due to candida or the ingestion of nightshades. That would be potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and peanuts. If I stay away from those.. no knee pain.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it soon after my first tick bite. I had it for almost 8 years.

I took glucosamine sulfate in large dosages which helped the pain considerably.

And finally the pain went away, and I no longer take glucosamine sulfate.

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it is Lyme if it comes and goes. Sometimes if the stiffness, swelling, and pain stays then it is from bartonella. It gets better when I'm on the right antibiotics.

No meds or supplements help this pain.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, which are the right antibiotics [hi]

Steve, did you get this?

TuTu what about the swelling?

Robin does the swelling happen everywhere?

Would love massage, can't get out much.

Rivendell, did you have swelling

Anybody how often did it happen, how did you get swelling down?

other reasons?

Sometimes chest gets tight and wheezy, but I thought that was Mycoplasma.

All help appreciated..
It got started in November, after happening just a few times before in 6 years., pretty badly.

Only knowing about this LD since Aug.2011

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, knees and ankles. Both areas helped by everything I listed. You need to discover the remedies that will help you.

Of all the ones I listed, turmeric powder in bulk is cheap, put in empty capsules.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

I found a magnesium spray, Just started it, can't tell yet.

I'm on a mild pain reliever 1/2 Ambien and 1/2 other sleep med.

I got maybe 1/2 hour sleep since 9:30p.m.
Pain just gets deeper..
Yet the swelling is down a little.

Is it a histamine issue?

My Arth doctor doesn't believe you can get some relief from ABX'S..Yet my Pulmonary doc swore by it, from Kaiser swore by it<

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lack of sleep is going to intensify any pain you have. Some antibiotics can also exacerbate pain like Cipro or Levaquin.

It is important to drink enough water so that your body can get rid of toxins. You should be drinking a minimun of 3 liters of water daily to flush things out.

With all the swelling, I would say your Lymph system isn't taking care of things.

Make sure you leave the magnesium spray on your body 20 minutes before you wash it off. You need that much time for it to absorb.

Tumeric capsules and MSM are good for pain. I would just buy the capsules already made. Both supplements aren't expensive. I am sure you are not up to filling capsules.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Steve did you have this issue?

I;ve done tumeric,,,,,,

Since November it's just getting worse.

Even when sselling is down a bit ,the pain in knee;s prevents most walking.......

This is happening even with the muscle pain doing it's thing, cramp, squeezy,etc.

It was bad enough to use port-a-pot while broken leg was healing,but this is bizarre.

I got first shot of gel in knee's 2 days ago and shot, not steroid, in back yesterday.

Back shot is to see if singeing can work.

Which infection causes this?

Thank you, Nonna

Any one that is well now, did this go away?

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
ARNICA oil or a gel / ointment that contain it such as TRAUMEEL can help with some relief while other things are being done to address causes.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/122845

Topic: sprained Ankle

ARNICA links here.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

A few years ago I did have joint swelling, pain, and sometimes the joints would lockup.

I never found out the true reason, so I just assumed it was - you know - Lyme.

I've always treated these type of symptoms with ice and heat. One day heat, another day ice.

--------------------

nonna05
Member # 33557

Steve are you free of all of this?

Or still ill but that part is gone?

I'll have to check when Cipro was added..

Anyone else??

This pain is off the charts.
I really didn't think we could get these bad changes on treatment.

Flares maybe , but this has ben months.....

We started a diary to watch for changes.

Then I got to sick and no help for those days to keep track

imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel for you. When my knees got so bad i could barely walk, i begged for MRIs. Turns out i had torn meniscus in both knees and barely any cartilage left.

I use cold packs for the swelling and topicals for the pain that takes the edge off.

Have just finished a series of cold laser therapy treatments and started glucosamin/condroitin (sp) supplement both of which are helping.

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

It's getting worse.. I keep thinking Name Brand Clyndi might help .But can only get it through mail order service.

Doctor doessn't like them.

Any body else?

I've been told several time this edema with joint pain are not part of LD/Babs.....

Yes from
a couple LLMD's and PC and Cardio, Pulmi.

2 ER's

HELP> God I pray this can be healed,

ANYBODY <<<PLEASE >>OPINION>>EXPERIENCE ETC>

ANSWERS

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neighbor has the same knee pain and I suggested she drink red tart cherry juice for arthritis and apply capsicum to area. she said it is helping calm things down.

My other friend had tendonitis and swollen foot. Same treatment took it away completely after several mos. Hope you feel better.

P. S.

Google red tart cherry juice arthritis.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trimom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trimom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me my synovium is effected by LD and TBD, that when I had my knee scoped it was very inflamed. My Doc said my synovium is one of the top 3 of worst she has ever seen in thousands of scopes.

Not sure if you are asking why knees hurt from Lyme and TBD or what folks do about it.

The bacteria damaged my synovium and also accelerated my cartilage deterioration at a very rapid rate. I went from normal for my age cartilage to bone on bone in one year. It is hard to see synovium on any type of x rays or MRIs but only thru visual inspection in surgery.

I went from being very active and participating in triathlons, to not being able to go upstairs in months. Things are better but not back to normal.

Posts: 120 | From MA | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nonna, faithful mentions your lymph system maybe is overloaded. I wonder if dry brushing might help?
Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure dry brushing will help. Must get some circulation going!

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nonna05:

TuTu what about the swelling?

Yes, candida can cause swelling of the joints.

PS.. There is nothing wrong with mail order prescriptions. It's the same meds as you get at a pharmacy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, haven't read through all of the posts, but, have you had a MRI on your knee?

I'm going through horrible knee pain right now, getting worse throughout the last weeks.

Through the book at me, but hey, not everything might be related to lyme. My mom had a knee replacement, my daughter had an acl replacement... maybe our family has knee problems? I have osteoporosis and I'm surely going to have my knee xrayed/mri to see what really is going on in it.

Pain is very intense at night while trying to sleep too. MCL is where my pain is at. But, with xrays/mri, we will see where and what really is going on to make all this pain.

Never had this pain in all my treatment protocols... so to me, this is a 'normal' getting old thing that is happening. [Smile]

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may be anklosing spondylitis. http://www.spondylitis.org/about/as_sym.aspx
A starch free diet can help alot as it no longer feeds klebsiella bacteria which is thought to cause AS.

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement