LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Inflammation with new Bab treatment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Inflammation with new Bab treatment
Rivendell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could this be a herx, or an allergic reaction to the herbal tincture for Babesia?

Feel my brain swelling - feels twice its size, feels like my eyeballs are twice their size.

I am weak, light headed. Feels somewhat like horrible PMS, but it is NOT that.

Thanks

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What tinture are you taking, and at what dosage?

Any other ABX or supps in your current protocol?

Increased head pressure is a common reaction to most new Babs treatment. But we need a little more info on what you are taking.

gmb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks gmb.

I'm taking Beyond Balance Mc-BAB-1 for Babs.

I'm currently taking 5 drops per day. Working up to 10 drops, three times per day. But I'm going to drop back down to 3 or 4 drops per day because I feel terrible.

I am also taking Beyond Balance tinctures for Bart and Lyme, along with Zithromax three times per week.

Diflucan twice per week and nystatin 3 or 4 times per day.

And probiotics.

I have orthostatic hypotension anyway, but it has gotten much worse with this babs tincture. The inflammation is terrible. It is making me crazy.

I also take eleuthero and rhodiola for energy/stress/immune and Aswagandha for sleep.

And I take a small amount of knotweed for inflammation/immune, but not too much because it lowers blood pressure. Also fish oil and vitamin/min supplements.

I also have hypoglycemia, hypothyroid, low adrenal function and other stuff I can't remember right now.

My LLMD is giving me mostly herbs because I have such problems with acid reflux with most antibiotics. And I can't handle tinctures made with alcohol.

Thanks

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound like you are doing the right thing to back down on the dosage. I'm not familiar with Beyond Balance Mc-Bab so I can't add more. Hopefully in a few more days it will pass, If not eliminate it completely.

The rest of your protocol is very interesting.
I have been on the other side of the fence with IV and heavy mix of oral ABX for a good period of time. Only recently trying some of Buhner's herbs.

good luck and go slow.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Good luck with the Buhner herbs.

I think he knows his stuff and has very good values. (That's important to me.)

I just wish some of his tinctures were available in the non-alcohol version.

But I have heard good stuff about Beyond Balance, also. It seems to help me.

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rivendell,

i started Babs treatment 6 months ago and i never had the kind of inflammtion during my lyme treatment that i have now....it is slowly getting better but my brain is still swollen or at least that's what it feels like....

i think its babs and not the protocal as i'm uisng mepron and ART.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking beyond balance mc-bab-3 and I have had significant inflammation starting at 3 drops per day.

Babesia is thought by some to cause a similar die-off reaction as lyme - i.e. inflammation and other herx symptoms.

I have an array of herbs and supplements that I use for inflammation and detox. I was recently taking toxex, 5-lox inhibitor and nexrutine but that was not doing enough so yesterday I added cholestyramine as a binder and today is the first day I woke up without extreme pain/inflammation.

Your doctors office should have recommendations on what to take for inflammation. If they don't, you can do a search on this forum to find out what others use.

Many ppl use curcumin with great success. There are also quite a few enzymes that work when taken between meals (serraflazyme is one) but there are a lot of herbal products that help with inflammation.

Terry
I'm not a doctor

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Wow

Thanks so much gmb, Dave, and Terry. Didn't know the inflammation would get worse when treating Babs.

I haven't been tested for Babs, but want to. My LLMD and I agreed that I could try Babs treatment to cover all bases.

I have had such problems with Post-Exertional Malaise and read the Dr. B thinks Babs can be behind that symptom, so we shall see.

Also, I have had tippiness at times.

But from the way I am reacting and what all of you are telling me, I must be on the right track (sp?) (My Brain)

Thanks for all the info on inflammation.

After I have heard from everyone, I will save this thread as a reference.

I forgot to mention that I use Knotweed, Fish Oil and green tea for inflammation, as well as Rhodiola, Eleuthero and Ashwangha, which seem to balance the immune system and help with energy, sleep and depression.

But, I may need to do more.

Rivendell
Member # 19922

Dave, thanks so much for letting me know that the inflammation is most likely the Babesia and not an allergy to the herbs.

Terry,

Is Bab-3 stronger than Bab-1?

Glad to know someone else using Beyond Balance.

I have dropped the dosage to three drops per day.
Heck I may drop it to two.

The LLMD told me to use the dosage that I can tolerate with the least symptoms. And gradually increase.

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my hubby herxes too hard, he takes a 1 day or sometimes just half a day break from the herbal that caused the increased herx.

Then he starts out again at a lower amount and works up slower. You've got to be able to live through the herxing!!

Babesia symptoms are his main issue and he recently started rifing for parasites also. So he's been feeling rather yucky the last few weeks.

Tumeric / curcumin is what he's using for the inflammation.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rivendell - you asked if Bab-3 is stronger than Bab-1 - unfortunately I don't know. The company does not show bab-3 on their website. I called Beyond Balance and they said Bab-3 is not on their website yet. I asked them what the differences are and they said I would have to ask my practioner. ugh!!! Kind of makes me mad since it costs considerable amount of money per minute to talk to my doctor. I guess I'll have to wait until the product shows up on their website.

I would strongly consider using a binder to see if it helps. A binder may be necessary for some ppl due to their genetics.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

I was using a binder, a seaweed that starts with the letter "C", but can't remember what it was called.

But after I tried Rifampin, the acid reflux got worse and couldn't tolerate anything, not even the "C".

I will have to check out the colestyramine.

Thanks so much Terry.

I guess you will have to trust your doctor with the Bab-3.

Money, Money, Money. It kind of makes me want to upchuck. Or maybe that's the Bab-1.

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byron White detox II is a excellent binder as well.

the C yo uare talking abaout sounds like Chlorella.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Your right, dave, it was Chorella.

Thanks Terry and Dave about the different binders.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement