LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cannabis oil included in protocols?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cannabis oil included in protocols?
CD57
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been hearing some success with antibiotic resistant infections with using cannabis oil. Apparently there is a high CBD, low THC strain (or several) being used which includes no high (that's from the THC) but includes many anti-inflammatory benefits with infections, and may help to kill them.

Anyone tried this?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG I just started this yesterday! Exactly what you said - high CBD, low THC. It doesn't make me high at all.

I'm herxing, but I'm on lots of abx, too.

As for anti-inflammatory, that's what I've heard. I'll try some later for my herx to see if it helps.

I got tons of topicals too! Cream, balm, mud, spray, bath salts. My joints really like it.

I have a friend in the biz. She set me up. [Cool]

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! Fresh leaves for juicing too!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Jury says..........antimicrobial! Big phat herx!!

Go slow. Tomorrow I'm taking a much smaller dose. [dizzy]

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that would be awesome if cannabis killed spirochetes
Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have some leaves for juicing, haven't noticed much with those but it takes awhile. Good thing you live in a MJ friendly state...me too. What strain did you get, and what dose, Boxer?

I had a huge brain herx from smoking it the other day, didn't realize what it was until someone told me the same thing happened to them. It was HORRIBLE. Onto something here.

Keep us posted Boxer! what strain did you get?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Yes I have some leaves for juicing, haven't noticed much with those but it takes awhile. Good thing you live in a MJ friendly state...me too. What strain did you get, and what dose, Boxer?

I had a huge brain herx from smoking it the other day, didn't realize what it was until someone told me the same thing happened to them. It was HORRIBLE. Onto something here.

Keep us posted Boxer! what strain did you get?

lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Juicing will not get you high at all. The THC has to be heated before it creates psychoactive effects. Cannabis oil is said to kill cancer. Google Rick Simpson oil. a 2-4 month treatment will beef up you immune system. Depending on where you go, you can probably get a pound of MJ (buds and leaves and try making the oil yourself. It can also be purchased at something like $600/ month for the treatment. Be very careful with that stuff, as it is extremely strong. 1 drop the size of a rice grain can put you on your back. But you will definitely wake up feeling great!

I live in NJ, which is not a MJ friendly state, regardless of the MMJ ruling. There are only 114 people using the MMJ prescriptions. It is really a system that is set up to fail.

I really want to move. First chance I get I am going all the way west, and I won't stop until I hit a dispensary. I just want to live comfortably again. Somebody get me out of this hellhole state!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jam338
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jam338     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CD57 Iam interested in this too, for pain mngmt but wonder if it wouldn't also boost immune given the Rick Simpson work. Finding the right strain and application seems key. Did you see the CNN special with Sanjay Gupta MD? It was impressive.

Like you, I am in CA but it seems that maybe Colorado MIT be more medically organized. They have more dispensaries than Starbucks and McDonalds combined! The one featured on the CNN report was The Stanley brothers one, can't remember the name now. Anyway, the specialize in the high CBD low THC blend which apparently helps some who have seizures.

I can't stand to smoke the stuff so haven't explored much with any of it. Edibles are an option but then getting right proportion seems like would. Be a challenge requiring experimenting and I am not much on doing that. My very limited experience with med mj in general is that it does not
make me high...but, makes me feel extremely lethargic in a weird way.

Does anyone know of a good med MJ board online?

Has anyone here tried the high CBD?

Posts: 495 | From SF Bay area, CA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Lymeboy that is horrible. Isn't NY MJ-friendly? The tide is turning, believe it!

I hate smoking the stuff too so am looking for the CBD oil. I have found a couple of strains that should suffice. Will keep posted, as I hope does Boxermom.

lymeboy
Unregistered

Well, NYC is MJ friendly, but not M-MJ friendly. You can almost do what you like in NYC, within reason, as long as you aren't being completely obvious.
But there is no legal Medical program in NY state at all.
The problem this presents for people that need the stuff for medicine, is that if you are going to try to break the law and do it on your own, you will have to:

1- buy it at astronomical black market rates (if you wanted a pound it would be unaffordable)

2- not really know what kind of product you're getting. Anyone can tell you anything they want about their product, but it is a lie most of the time. you won't be finding special heavy indica strains on the street or even through a reputable dealer. You take what you get.
*some of the street stuff is sprayed with either a preservative or the wrong pesticide too late in the growing process, this can sometimes negate the medical effects of it. Growers who care about their product and their customers take the time to do it right. And they are all out west, where it is legal.

3- Risk arrest. NJ is notorious for having too many police in all the wrong areas. They are true to their reputation as being one of the most unpleasant forces in the nation. Small town cops to the troopers, these guys are mean. And they cannot wait for you to screw up. They are always looking for illegal substances. MJ busts make them happy, and fill quotas. Some of them are super nice, and a few are even friends of mine. But as a whole, they really make living here worse than it already is. It is not worth it, even if you are continually uncomfortable like me.

4- Say you have tons of cash and you have the right friends so you're not too concerned about the law. Great. Now, do you have a family? What have they been taught? That it is the scourge of society. You are looked at like a criminal in the eastern U.S. if you are a MJ user. The legal system treats you with stiffer penalties than thieves. The social system tends to be very wary of it, and the culture of MJ users IS a dangerous scene, because you have to be a little loopy to risk losing everything just for some MJ. So just in order to get it, you need to deal with some nutty people, that you would ordinarily be scared of. And then, where do you hide it? How do you explain this to people? It really is not a good way to live. It's truly easier to move. Which I will do if luck swings my way and I get some extra dough.

Sorry for the long rant. I just don't think people understand the major cultural difference in the East. South east is even more uptight! Yeesh.
This does not implicate ALL people on the eastern seaboard. I know a lot of good folks, and I can't say a bad thing about anyone on these boards. Literally everyone here is dynamite.

CD57, if you hate smoking because of the smoke, you could look into a vaporizer. No smoke involved, which means no burnt plant matter. Just gas. And you can cook with the leftovers! It will not give you the intense feeling that the smoke does, but you will get buzzed. If you just would rather consume something and not deal with a buzz at all, juicing is really helping people with autoimmune dysfunction and "fibromyalgia" and does not have any psychoactive effects whatsoever. If I had my choice, I'd do the Rick simpson cancer protocol. That involves making and/or buying oil.I think to make it yourself, it could run from 1-3000 bucks for a few months worth. The oils are very high CBDs. That stuff is saving lives.
JAM338 - this forum is probably one of the better ones
http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/

These types of forums are where I got all of my info from. I started really becoming interested in this a few years back when the laws started to change. I have long known about the benefits of MJ, but always assumed that the law was just another bummer that we'd all have to deal with. So I have been asking questions and researching the laws as best I can with my stupid Lyme brain. THAT is how I know all this, not because I am involved in the business. I'm too much of a wimp to lead a life of crime! (well... I have also made a few "Field study" trips to Cali for research purposes, so I can also speak from experience!)

CD57
Member # 11749

Well it is ridiculous that M-MJ is illegal in ANY state, what with all the good stuff they are finding out about what it does. It's just big pharma of course.

I hate smoking because I don't like the high, can't stand it. I had a massive lyme or bart or both die-off the other day when I did it though....just tried it because another Lyme patient told me that's what happened to her and I wanted to see if it was the same with me. It was. She said she got a little bit of her brain back after, and I have to say I feel the same way...so I think it was a HERX.

CD57
Member # 11749

Well it is ridiculous that M-MJ is illegal in ANY state, what with all the good stuff they are finding out about what it does. It's just big pharma of course.

I hate smoking because I don't like the high, can't stand it. I had a massive lyme or bart or both die-off the other day when I did it though....just tried it because another Lyme patient told me that's what happened to her and I wanted to see if it was the same with me. It was. She said she got a little bit of her brain back after, and I have to say I feel the same way...so I think it was a HERX.

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Wow CD. I haven't been able to smoke since my early symptoms. It makes me so inflamed! I hurt!

And the high is total paranoia with very slow brain. Weird combo. Not happy times.

My husband is the exact same way.

West coast pot is strong! This was never a problem for me back East, but that was before Lyme, and many, many years ago. It's probably all different now.

I never considered that my reaction was a herx! Holy cr@p! Most miserable herx ever! I can't wait for it to be over.

BTW, I took 3 droppers on the day I herxed my face off. Maybe a bit much?

I will check on strains for you. My friend has gone nuts, she has a grow operation and makes lots of her own products. She is having a total ball with it. She talks to senators and everything. Lots of positive activism.

I love my oil infusion. The label says safflower oil and CBD. There is no high at all.

I also rub the balm into my feet and Achilles' tendons at night. I no longer wake up and limp around my house because I'm so stiff and sore. My feet feel so much better!

I think this is something you should try. The juicing did not go so well, but I juiced a whole gallon freezer bag full. Seriously, I do not pay attention to appropriate dosages!

I'll get back with more info tomorrow.

Love ya, Girl! I hope this area of investigation puts you on the track toward progress!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Hmmm...skipped abx tonight. Took two droppers cannabis oil, two droppers high concentration stabilized oxygen, 1 dropper A-Bab.

Having a pleasant but not debilitating herx. NOT sweating. I always sweat at night if I don't have enough abx on board.

If I could switch from abx to naturals, life would be glorious.

(I never think my life is glorious...must be the cannabis.)

Anyway, I like finding combos that work. I like this one quite a lot.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, I so much want to do this, but, like Lymeboy, I live where it is illegal. So all of the same issues that he listed apply. I don't see

how I could move across the country either the way I am. Not to mention my husband and his job----which is what keeps us afloat barely.

But what I am living is NOT a life. It is living h#$##. And the LLMD's here are all under investigation. Horrible! I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

WOW Boxer, that is a lot...2 droppers full of oil? The MD I consulted with this weekend said to start at one drop! OK, keep us posted....

Yeah I bet you had a brain herx with all that weird &*(&, same thing happened to me. NOT fun. But I WAS a little better after it, first time THAT has really happened. Antimicrobial smoke killing bugs?

Rumi and Lymeboy -- any way you guys can consult with dispensaries etc in other states and get product mailed to you?

CD57
Member # 11749

WOW Boxer, that is a lot...2 droppers full of oil? The MD I consulted with this weekend said to start at one drop! OK, keep us posted....

Yeah I bet you had a brain herx with all that weird &*(&, same thing happened to me. NOT fun. But I WAS a little better after it, first time THAT has really happened. Antimicrobial smoke killing bugs?

Rumi and Lymeboy -- any way you guys can consult with dispensaries etc in other states and get product mailed to you?

lymeboy
Unregistered

I don't believe that is a possibility. Otherwise there'd be a lot of MMJ patients in NJ! I think you are beholden to the rules of your state and that is that. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not!
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big pharma wouldn't like it much, but for the most part, conservatives are the road block. They think MJ will ruin society. Yet look at alcohol. More alcohol was sold during prohibition than any other time in history. When you ban stuff people like, they just buy more.

All states have to do is say: don't do MJ and drive (like benadryl). Texting is more dangerous at this point. Little do they know if MJ was legal they could tax it and makes tons of money. That's probably the best way to go about convincing states and government to legalize it. Money talks.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

They do know, but they want every penny and they know it will be hard to keep the population from growing it themselves. Heaven forbid!
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some ideas, but I doubt that they will work. You have to live in the state where is it legal and show a driver's license from that state (or the equivalent).

I am very curious to see how this pans our for you guys---Boxermom and CD57, and anyone else who pursues it.

I wonder if it really is a herx (auto-correct keeps changing it to "herd" or "hero!") or not, and whether it has anti-microbial properties or not. It does have many healing properties in that form, I know.

It was used as a medicine for a long time until pharmaceuticals came along and so much of the natural medicines were banned or discouraged.

I can't believe that you did 2 droppers' full either---yikes!

[ 09-24-2013, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Rumigirl ]

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

I got a MMJ card on the weekend and am tracking down high CBD oil. Will keeo you posted.

Boxer, keep us posted too....

CD57
Member # 11749

I got a MMJ card on the weekend and am tracking down high CBD oil. Will keeo you posted.

Boxer, keep us posted too....

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Wow, you lucky ducks who live where it is legal! I am NOT looking to get high, just to get relief, and even to get well.

At a doctor's office today, I heard a horrific story from another pain patient, who wanted to get off narcotic pain meds. MJ worked for her instead, and she was growing 3 plants in her closet for her own treatment.

A neighbor smelled the plants (it was a odiferous strain), and turned her in. She went through a nightmare of a bust, jail, trial or hearing, fine, etc. And then had to go back to narcotic pain relief. Horrible.

jam338
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jam338     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like Boxer is using regular MJ oil, not the Rick Simpson oil extract which feom the youtubes looks to be a thick paste dispensed through push syringe (without a needle). Starting dose is 1/2- 1 drop with a drop being the size of a grain of rice.

CD57, as you know, I am in the same state as you. Like you, trying to learn more and think this could be a very viable option.

I think we aren't reading more on public boards like this one about this as a treatment option is because med MU is not legal in so many states. However the CNN show is moving the public consciousness and awareness. I think many patients will be interested in the CBD strain as it has NO high. The plant has been special bred through the years to lower THC the ingredient at produces the high) and raise CBD which is the medical application part of the plant. A a minimum all states should allow CBD strains to used for medical treatment. Some smart pharmaceutical company will figure out they need to get on board with find a way to patent a Rick Simpson type product.But that will be years away because of their regulatory FDA process.

While the CNN story featured a Colorado grower, I found links online suggesting California and other states have always been growing the hybrid plants.

As Lymeboy pointed out, there are so many shady growers. The only way to be sure about the product is to grow and harvest and do your own extraction process. Bedridden patients can do none of that, and even in legal states is it possible to grow enough to do an extraction process? the Rick Simpson youtubes say it takes a lot of product to do it.

CD, so you have a source for the extracted oil? I don't know if it is even possible to get the extract oil through a CA dispensary. It would be legal here of course....there just might not been much awareness and request for it until recently.

In the CNN story the family of the little girl with Epilepsy had to find a friend to do the actual oil extraction. The extraction was not done theough the dispensary. The process is time consuming and dangerous as it uses high flammable products.

Posts: 495 | From SF Bay area, CA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

No, I am not taking the Rick Simpson oil. It is available here, but I can't attest to the authenticity. And it's quite expensive.

Mine is a high CBD extraction. I asked my friend for more info.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

CD57
Member # 11749

Bringing this up for more input. I have not been able to get my hands on any oil just yet but hope to in a couple of weeks,

BOXER, what's happening w you?

Jam I got your message, am hoping I have a source in a couple of weeks, we'll see. Someone on the Facebook success stories page turned me on to it. That site is a little hard to read but the group is called Cannabis oil success stories

CD57
Member # 11749

Bringing this up for more input. I have not been able to get my hands on any oil just yet but hope to in a couple of weeks,

BOXER, what's happening w you?

Jam I got your message, am hoping I have a source in a couple of weeks, we'll see. Someone on the Facebook success stories page turned me on to it. That site is a little hard to read but the group is called Cannabis oil success stories

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Friend is out of town, so I haven't been able to get specifics from her. She'll be back next week.

Still taking 2 droppers 2x/day. It's one of my best tolerated herbs, which is soooooo good, cuz everything seems to give me gastritis or some kind of discomfort.

Efficacy-wise, I do think it's a good killer and anti-inflammatory. But I take so many meds and herbs that it can be difficult to tell what is doing what.

After my next LL appt, I'm going to try paring down to 3 abx and 3 herbs to see if that's enough. I'm running out of money and patience with these huge treatment protocols.

I plan to continue the cannabis oil.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

jam338
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14002

Thanks CD, found posts of lyme healing stories with med mj and have found reliable connections for the oil.

FYI all, fwiw, there appears to be very divided camps on which type of concentrated med mj oil heals, i.e., RSO or CBD oil.

Simpson camp says removing too much THC will lessen healing potential.

CBD camp says CBD is the healing.... but Simpson camp says only when there is enough THC to activate the healing properties of the plant.

A credible source very close to Rick Simpson (his friend and manager of his foundation) has publicly posted warnings to be very sure of your plant source, who the oil processor is, and what products they use to extract. She said some severe problems have been reported with oil processors cutting corners and not using high grade products and not properly following the protocol. She has been trying to warn others. She says she was banned from the FB site CD mentioned and posts of some were deleted.

She said some oil processors use a low grade Naptha, a common paint thinner. Others posted on her page they were aware and had seen local news stories in their regarding resulted in illness and deaths. It was unclear from the posts whether deaths were a result of consuming oil or extracting it (explosion). Just be very careful and check out everyone in the chain of processing.

CD, I found what appears to be credible source in our area. Researching source....so far checking out ok. PM if you want research links.

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Make your own oil from trusted sources of the right form of the herb. Yes, it takes time, but people do do it. That way, you know what you are getting.

Of course, if you are really ill, etc., that may be impractical until you are better.

That's what Rick Simpson recommends. If I could do it (but I can't because it's not legal here), it would still be a heck of a challenge for me, due to illness, lack of space, etc.

But it's a moot point for me, sadly.

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started the oil 2 days ago. The pain relief is amazing. Also soooo relaxed and sleeping is better. http://www.wamm.org I do have heavy brain fog and confusion and it seems heavier after I take my drop. Not sure if its a high or if it killing something. Excited about it and is organic and clean [Smile]
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

quote:
Originally posted by Healing in Santa Cruz:
I just started the oil 2 days ago. The pain relief is amazing. Also soooo relaxed and sleeping is better. http://www.wamm.org I do have heavy brain fog and confusion and it seems heavier after I take my drop. Not sure if its a high or if it killing something. Excited about it and is organic and clean [Smile]

Are you literally taking a drop??

You are so lucky to live where it is legal, and there are dispensaries!!

Keep us posted all of you who are doing it, please.

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,Rumigirl a drop. Maybe a smidge less as its hard to get exact amount out of syringe SP?

Yes, so grateful to live where it legal. Hope it will happen in all states soon.

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Healing in Santa Cruz, I am going through same dispensary as you. Have ordered the oil and waiting on delivery.
CD57
Member # 11749

Healing in Santa Cruz, I am going through same dispensary as you. Have ordered the oil and waiting on delivery.
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Cool CD57.Happy to connect with someone using the same dispensary. Trying to find more peeps doing the same to see experiences. I have the oil,Elixer and a salve called Salvation.Careful,too much can come out of the syringe.
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

How is everyone doing with the oil?
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting to see this. I hope it goes well with the treatments. I'd like to see if people have different results from the oil or juicing the plant.

I can't try it in my state. NJ has it's pros & cons... just like any place. Part of the reason its illegal is due to conservativism but there are many other factors. Drug running has been going on for centuries. There are many factors in whether it's illegal or not. Just take a look at the history of the East India Trading Company.

Lots of illegal money is being made - someone will lose & someone will win if it's made legal. I'm not really sure how all of that will play out. It's pretty complicated stuff.

Anyway - if people are seeking novel ways to mediate pain, there's kratom. It's legal in most states. I think it's a wonderful herb. It may not get to the root of the issue of pathogens & immune response but it is very helpful for pain & anxiety or going off more addictive things like opiates.

How cannabis works with cancer may be different than how it affects Lyme/co-infections, too. I see a lot about cancer & marijuana but not a lot on other illnesses. I guess it's just trial & error. Also, every cancer is different - so how one substance works with one cancer may be different than how it works with another form of cancer.

I see no sense on why it has been prohibited for so long but that's life on planet earth... I'm not a big fan of marijuana but that's just me. I enjoyed it in Amsterdam as a novelty. It would be great if we had "coffee shops" here like they have there. Every herb has it's benefits & detriments.

Even simple things like cinnamon, peppermint, coconut oil, tea tree oil & salt can be amazing healing substances. I guess people are so excited about weed since it's been prohibited for so long.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

I am having pain relief,more relaxed,and sleeping a lot.. I do herx if I take too much. Not as harsh as other things I have taken. Herx wise that is.

I am doing an even lower dose THC and high CBD oil. Lots of Lyme and co peeps r starting to use it.Lots of groups on FB using it for lyme.

Glad to hear u like kraton Sparkle.
Looking forward to hearing how others r doing.

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Any updates, people who are doing this??

I am so desperately in need of relief from pain, it isn't funny. Any meds that I take for pain only work partially and don't last the night. I have fought taking round the clock opiods all these years and don't want to start now.

I wish the heck I could do this. : - (

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

up.
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried kratom? It has a lot of benefits for people with chronic pain. It's not for everyone but it's a really interesting herb.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im glad to see others branching out to MJ. All I can say is it has been a life saver from anxiety,depression,pain ,sleep, to allergies. I am a pragmatic person so I can't believe the fear around the use of such a beneficial herb. I mean really??? I applaude the movement to a low THC form although I would not choose that as I like the anxiety reduction that comes with THC. The bottom line is everyones constitution is different and some cannot tolerate certain chemicals so if you are experimenting with MJ be careful and work up slowly to a good dose for YOU(or seek the low THC high CBD). I too live in a very tolerant area of the country so it is available and legal with the right documents. I feel it is on the horizon of acceptance nationally, just needs more time. Meanwhile this valuable herb is being kept from those suffering.
Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im not a gambling person but if I were going to put money on something I'd be inclined to bet that Rick Simpson Oil could cure Lyme. It cures most cases of cancer and cancer is caused by microbes or at least has a strong microbe involvement.

And Rife can cure cancer. It kills the microbes causing the mutations then the cells return to normal.Its just a matter of applying the correct frequency and applying it correctly..

RSO is a more reliable treatment though.
so ya, I'd bet on RSO. Wish I lived in Colorado. you can grow your own there. They just past a tax of 25% on recreational purchases, but not for those who have a prescription, i believe.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swimmeredurp
Member # 34305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swimmeredurp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry but what exactly is cannabis oil and how does it work differently than just smoking mj? is it mostly just more concentrated?

--------------------
Symptoms started summer 2007
Diagnosed CDC verifiable 01/2010
Stopped treatment summer 2011
Treated Babesia Sept.2011-March 2012
Lyme disease free
Diagnosed with mold sickness March 2012
Almost symptom free, still experience fatigue

Posts: 41 | From Montana | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

up for feedback/info from those doing this. Please, enlighten us!

I presume that of those doing this, they are using the pre-made oil that is different from the Rick Simpson oil, correct?

Anyone who is doing this, can I please PM you? Thank you!

CD57
Member # 11749

I have been using MMJ oil for about 3weeks now. This is the second time I have overdone it and caused an extreme reaction. It's very tricky figuring out how to dose this and there is very little information out there re Lyme patients and MMJ. Lots of cancer stuff though.
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

I totally agree with CD57 about figuring out dose and very little info on lyme and co and using the oil.And a lot known about cancer and the oil. I am on FB oil groups and they talk about lyme but not much known. I am not doing Rick Simpson oil Rumigirl.
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

CD52, Healing in Santa Cruz, and any others who are doing it,

Thank you. Aside from over doing it, have you been experiencing improvements? If so, have they mainly been in terms of symptoms? It's probably early to tell beyond that.

I hear you about the fact that there is really nothing much known about using this for Lyme.

I am really looking into whether there is a way for me to do this (very, very complicated!) I am just trying to figure out if it is worth what it would take to do it or not.

Sigh, it's par for the course that there is so little known about it in terms of Lyme.

That one woman who blogged about it---and a few others----made it seem miraculous. The truth is likely far more complicated than that, of course.

If it did nothing more than help a lot with symptoms, that would be huge. I am beside myself with the pain, migraines, and multidinous other symptoms. Thank you.

sugarjo62
Member # 41896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sugarjo62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is cannabis oil the same as hemp oil?

Is there a place to buy it on line? If so, can someone please PM me a link. I don't want to just buy anything and get sicker...Thanks

I will smoke a tiny bit when the pain is overwhelming and lands me in bed unable to move from herxing or flare ups, but I generally do not like the effects of getting high. So, from what I've read, the oil is a nice alternative as you do not get that high stupid feeling.

Thanks for any info!

--------------------
Tested positive for Lyme/western blot in May 2010...received standard treatment of doxy for 3wks. Whoop dee doo...symptoms came back in full force following tkr in January 2012.

Posts: 46 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement