LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Success treating autistic kids with Abx

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Success treating autistic kids with Abx
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is from the French Fondation Autisme. Apology for machine translation. They have had very good results treating autistic children with abx but cannot get funding to do double-blind, placebo-controlled study.

Elena

Madam, sir, dear colleagues, dear friends,

This article to inform you of the outcome of the proceedings
administrative, legal and technical support for the "Autibiotique" study.

REMINDER: The idea of ​​an infectious origin in some cases of autism has made its way past 7 years ...

Approximately 1,500 children are currently treated by 54 doctors in France, but also Belgium, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco, Serbia, ... 50% with very good results, if treatment is instituted early.

However, to validate and further disseminate this pioneering protocol, scientific studies are clearly needed. We count more than 200,000 children with autism in France who could benefit ...

The study "AUTIBOTIQUE" is a double-blind trial against placebo, written entirely in June 2012, but which can not be launched for lack of funding.

This is an official study, coordinated by Professor Nicholas Moore INSERM Bordeaux, offering three months of sequential treatment with azithromycin in a cohort of 30 children under 6 years.

This multicenter study: Three centers of child psychiatry are prepared to include 10 children each:

- Charles Perrens Hospital of Bordeaux (Prof. Manuel Bouvard, Dr. Anouk Amestoy)
- CHU Tours (Pr Catherine Barthelemy, Pr Frédérique Bonnet-Brilhault)
- and Robert Debré Hospital in Paris (Dr Richard Delorme, Dr. Nadia Chabane)

Initially expected from the Government funds have not arrived ...

"Autibiotiques" has been included in the 2013 national PHRC
(Hospital Clinical Research Program), but despite the importance of this study, the chances of acceptance are slim (Research budgets are tight and other studies can be considered priority ...)

That left us the possibility of private funding:

For 1 year, tracks generous patrons have all failed ...

The budget for this study is 350 000 euros.

** Solicitation removed per Lymenet policy**

[ 10-12-2013, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rowingmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rowingmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Our daughter's autism symptoms (Asperger's) resolved with abx treatment. It would be wonderful to have some peer-reviewed research on this.

--------------------
13 yo DX PANS/Tourette's/Asperger's/ADHD treated for Igenex positive bartonella/IND lyme with 2 years of abx treatment. Weaned off abx April 2013 at 80% improvement. Continuing with Buhner bartonella/babesia protocols. Aug 2014 99% improvement.

Posts: 265 | From Canada, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a microbe issue in autism and the use of MMS to successfuly treat autism proves it. Dont wait for some study. MMS is much safer than taking an antibiotic and the new CDS application of mms does not taste so bad and children are tolerating it. The evidence is clear.

this book explains it
"Healing the Symptoms Know as Autism"
Published: 2013 Author: Kerri Rivera with Kimberly McDaniel (Ebook: $19.99 - Hard copy: $24.99)

there are also some youtube videos on the topic

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carmen, do you have scientific proof that MMS doesn't wipe out good flora?
There is no proof of that.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No there is no proof perse. But MMS is known to kill candida and no resistant microbial infections have been reported after mms use like resistant infection or c dif, increased yeast in people. In general people report improved bowel function, even with severe issues like crohns disease or irritable bowel. Dyscrasia in the colon and small intestines will eventually result in disease in these areas as well as systemic issues with an increase in allergy, food intolerance, increase in candida bloodborne as well as topical. This is clearly seen with the use of antibiotics and in some caseas almost immediately and I have seen it a thousand times in my work as a nurse but not with MMS. It just is not being reported. Many people use mms everyday also, for years yet no issue.
So no there is no proof that flora is not damaged, but there is clinical evidence that all is well regarding flora. If one is worried you can always supplement with something like VSL#3

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it is certainly wise to supplement with a probiotic while killing pathogens, although some of us avoid the strep strain

in probiotics for our children, like VSL contains.

Trust me, I'm all for getting the children better.
My problem with MMS for the children is the daily enema protocol, which, IMO, can be psychologically damaging

to some. Certainly don't want to go back and forth about MMS- you're earlier post seemed to indicate MMS would not eliminate beneficial flora, like antibiotics do, and we don't know that statement is true-

It seems logical that a 'cleaner' like MMS cannot differentiate
the bacterias, simply taking all that's in it's path, much like antibiotics, although with different types of antibiotics we can target certain bacterias.

--------------------
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

there seems to be this thing with gram positive and gram negative bacteria and the positive not being hit so hard by mms.

MMS is an antiseptic that rips electrons off of the common bacteria that makes people sick. It does not work in the same way that an antibiotic does, which is to interfer with cell function to cause germ death. Because this interference doent work all the time some microbes survive and mutate into even more dangerous strains and antibiotics can also mutate normal flora, as it does in candida. MMS does not do this. If it comes in contact with the germ it kills it. There is no inbetween. If MMS killed normal healthy bacteria we would know it. Some people drink tons of the stuff and suffer no ill effects from developing gut flora dyscrasia.

Enemas will only be psychologically damaging if they are presented incorrectly and if the parent is loaded with fear and delusions that can be transmitted to the child. Enemas also may not be necessary in the autism protocol. I am not familiar with the protocols for autism yet so you will have to look to see. I suspect, with the good results crohns folks get from oral mms that it may not be necessary. Most children are very adaptive, I was a pediatric nurse for 15 years. They will do what they have to do with proper education and guidance and they take their courage and strength like a mirror, relfected from those who surround them.

surprise
Member # 34987

Okay Carmen, I'm not going to argue with you, you very well may have been a pediatric nurse for 15 years, but

have you lived with an autistic child? A child with PANS/PANDAS?

This statement:
'They will do what they have to do with proper guidance'

Tells me you haven't worked or lived with children with neurological disorders.

I have 2 healthy neurotypical children, the above statement is mostly true in their case.
Not with the other.

I wish you well in your recovery.

--------------------
doing okay!

tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carmen, nice to hear there is another who has researched MMS on this board! I have actually been wondering if it is helpful for crohns, and figured as much. My family of 5 is doing the Rivera/Kalcker protocols and we are all healing.

I live with a high functioning autistic child and a PANS/PANDAS child and an NT child. They are doing so well on the protocol. We are getting worms out every day. Some as long as 8 inches. There is no psychological damage going on. Quite the contrary, actually. They are having fewer meltdowns, tantrums and anger. They are happy most of the time now. If they are having a bad day, the enema normally turns things around because the toxins are reduced. It is remarkable. You get the toxins out and they feel better and their nervous system heals a little bit more.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Actually, surprise I have had autistic kids as patients.. I did think later that I missed that detail in autistic behavior and hadn't thought through my response well.. some are more compliant than others but I see what you are saying. Anyway, I bet you can make it work without the enemas... for if autistic kids will not do enemas they must be doing it another way, the book I listed has about 70 success stories and when you look through the net you will find docs prescribing mms to autistic kids.
surprise
Member # 34987

I apologize if I came across defensive, or striking out.

Obviously it's coming from my own issues around my daughter, and everything we've been through.

Tender spot.
Thanks.

--------------------
doing okay!

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

No problem Surprise. Im finding that I have to do some heavy editing on my posts due to my mind not being quite up to par these days from the lyme detox. Errors are made.

Its clear to me that If i had an autistic child MMS is where I'd be heading. Ive seen nothing that offers the same level of promise. The worst that can happen is that it doesnt work.

I would probably be giving them ozone water to drink too, depending on how the detox goes for them. You dont want to overwhelm them.

In my mind the MMS treatment verifies the research of Dr Wakefield and fully exonerates him, not that he needed that at all from me.

here is an interesting video. This man I have been following for a long time, since he first came to my blog to tell his story years ago. Its a true story I am sure. In treatment you want to get the antiseptic in from all routes possible. Clearly this video blows some of the myths about breathing in ozone and I have other verification also about breathing ozone gas is safe... but I guess Im getting off topic here quite a bit. In my mind I associate MMS and ozone becasue they are both powerful oxidative therapies. I have found their uses interchangable... and I know that some practitioners have given up on ozone applicaitons for the ease and reduced cost of MMS but ozone will hold its place for certain uses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l9V9bIBfzM

One other thing that has offered promise for the autistic child is homoepathy. There is now piling up quite a few successful cases treated. There are a few homeoapths who have developed a reputation for success with Autistic kids. My first choice is always homeoapthy but if it fails after about 1 year of work with it or if one cannot afford homeopathy, MMS is the next choice.

surprise
Member # 34987

Thanks Carmen, thanks for trying to help.

We've had the privilege of working with the famous homeopath from Amy Lansky's book 'Impossible Cure'

the famous bio- medical autism MD who co- authored and healed Jenny McCarthy's son,

and 2 LLMD's. And years of study by Mom. Treatments for PANS/PANDAS.

My little girl is absolutely beautiful. Stunning. Precious.
I've come to the painful conclusion that not EVERY child can be healed of EVERY portion of mental illness/ autism.

Not EVERY child gets ALL the way there- perhaps because of chronological infections and excessive heavy metal damage (vaccines) in the first year of life.

As far as MMS- I don't have a complete comfort level there (yet) for a child. Furthermore, my husband would absolutely not, that I can tell you. And enemas would be a no way for her.

For now, we are trying to love this child for who she is right now, and love her the best we can.
(and, she is in a typical public school classroom with no aides, has friends, etc.)

But....not ALL autism can be healed or eradicated for EVERY child. Heartbreaking.

So, it's very difficult.

--------------------
doing okay!

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Surprise, here is a page that tells about MMS for autism. Im sure most parents had signficiant reservations in using mms on their little ones.
But it seems that some of those who got past this had some good results.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mms+autism+webinar&oq=MMS+autism+&gs_l=youtube.1.0.0.659.16772.0.24115.14.13.1.0.0.0.338.1691.6j5j1j1.13.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.p9q- fgQuamE
Yes, I do think it is likely that damages can be done that can't be repaired. But it is in childhood that the potential for healing is the greatest so that opportunity needs to be utilized while it is still there.

why dont you go to the mms forum and see if enemas are required for autistim treatment. I suspect that they are not since most autistic kids would not be compliant. www.genesis2church.org

Clearly our task in life it to love all people for who they are and to assist where we may.
Every little bit of function that is normalized for her will help her to get along long after you are gone. If she has friends she is doing better than some and that is wonderful. Some autistic folks do remarkably well as they mature. Thank you for your diligence in helping her and in keeping your mind open to potential realities.

tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprise - it makes me so sad to hear you say that not ALL autism can be healed. We are seeing that this is not the case on the facebook group. Even the sickest children are healing...they may not be well yet but they are improving. Please don't rule out MMS protocol....it can be done with baby steps. Don't even think about the enemas at this point. The majority of those on the protocol see improvements within the first week, just on the oral. You don't have to do the enemas.

Many warrior moms like you go on the facebook page and just watch and read for a year before they make up their mind to move forward with it. You can do this!

One disturbing thing we are seeing is that the DAN protocols have actually made many of the kids worse but feeding the parasites with B12 injections and magnesium and other supplements. What is good for us happens also to be good for the parasites. An 18 year old boy who was very, very autistic is healing but the worms they are getting out are 2 to 3 feet long...they were fed with B12...Even the top DAN docs are mostly unaware of this.

I know this is so shocking to even think about but it's so worth it to see your child healing.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Oh, I am crying. Thanks for reaching out.
She really does struggle so much internally.

Tickbattler, you know I see the parasites as such a huge co-infection in myself.

I just... I don't know. Weary. We've done so much. So, so much.

I'm not on Facebook - been putting off joining.

Thank you for the kindness. I'm thinking. And emotional.

--------------------
doing okay!

tick battler
Member # 21113

You can do this surprise! I won't stop pestering you until I see you on the facebook group!! [Smile] I never used facebook until I had to join groups for healing my kids....it is so worth it!!

What I love about this protocol is that it is the easiest (AND CHEAPEST!) one we have ever done...I don't dread mealtime anymore when I had to figure out which supplements they needed for killing viruses, bacteria, parasites, yeast, inflammation, detox, etc., etc.... I don't have to worry what I am missing anymore. I know the cause and know how to heal it. The stress is so much less now. It is still not easy but at least now we see results for all of the time and effort and energy. You are not too weary for this...it will give you energy to see your sweet girl come back to you!

PANS is parasites!

tickbattler

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement