LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Seeing LLMD- 1st Time Visit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seeing LLMD- 1st Time Visit
beatlymedisease
Member # 42829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beatlymedisease     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm seeing a LLMD for the first time soon. Does anyone have any questions I should be asking?
Or suggestions for the first visit? Thanks.

Posts: 37 | From NJ | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The number one thing to do on your 1st visit is>

Make a list of everything you'd like to talk about.

* When you got sick
* ALL your symptoms
* Any meds/alternatives you've been taking
* Etc......

Your list is very important; most people always forget many things they wanted to talk about.

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making the most of your LLMD visit
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/020605.html

Found here, with all the other things you need!

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=088555;p=0

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask him about his treatment protocols, if he tests and treats co-infections, what labs he uses and if he gets into complementary medicine (supplements, herbs) and if he tests for heavy metals, candida, hormones, thyroid and adrenals.

The best LLMD's cover all bases. If this one doesn't you might have to find an ACAM doc or NP to help you with the other stuff.

Good luck!

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I suggest asking if there is a number or emergency contact protocol in case of side effects from abx or treatments.

"What if I have side effects from the antibiotics?"

"What if I have very bad diareha?"

"who do I contact from your office? And how soon until they will return my call/email?"

This is very important to know.

Also, be sure to grab a few office cards when you go. Keep one on your fridge, in your wallet, in your car, at work. If something happens, and you are unable to speak for yourself, the info is there for others.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamielett
Member # 42657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamielett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GretaM, are you saying that because of Herxing? That sounds scary...
Posts: 43 | From ny | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oopsy. Didn't mean to scare you.

Herxing, or something totally non related-like a motor vehicle accident etc.

When I herx real bad it is hard for me to speak.

sometimes my brain is foggy. I've had where what the pharmacist wrote on the bottle, and my docs instructions have been different.

Having a business card there makes it easy to call the office to confirm abx instructions with the doc.

You'd be surprised how hard it is to look up a number or remember the docs name when you've got bad brain fog.

Just that kind thing.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamielett
Member # 42657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamielett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand. Thanks. I'll get some business cards. Also I have a support network.
Posts: 43 | From ny | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if the Dr doesn't recommend probiotics, you might want to find another Dr.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I take supplement/drug with food or away from food? If away, how far away before and after food?

Are there any supplements/drugs that should be taken away from each other?

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've seen other doctors recently and have any test results that you can bring to the LLMD, that can be very helpful.

For example, I had seen a Rheumatologist prior to my first LLMD appointment. It was helpful to the LLMD that he was able to rule out Lupus, MS and other things from the get-go.

Good luck at your appointment!

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatlymedisease
Member # 42829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beatlymedisease     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is LabCorp reliable for testing for co-infections or should I be using another company??
Posts: 37 | From NJ | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IGeneX
http://www.igenex.com/Website/

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatlymedisease
Member # 42829

Is igenex expensive?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You can call them for pricing. The Western Blot for Lyme is around $250. Not sure on the coinfection testing. Get the basics.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

beatlymedisease
Member # 42829

I was already tested for Lyme through stony brook labs...
Crawgir1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crawgir1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD sent me reading list of books, articles he wrote and all kinds of homework to do before our first appointment.

If you call his office, you could probably get some information to get you started at least. Some docs have a website with links to articles, which will give you an idea of the direction they will be heading.

Posts: 123 | From Pawleys Island SC | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatlymedisease
Member # 42829

Any other suggestions before I see that LLMD today? Everyone's suggestions so far have been great!
sparklyholiday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparklyholiday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any suggestions, but let us know how it goes! Good luck!
Posts: 173 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement