LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Do the Right Thing and Get Sicker :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do the Right Thing and Get Sicker :(
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been really frustrated this week as I saw a nutritionist a few weeks ago. I was just at a loss what to do in my whole situation. Whatever I do, I know my diet needs a radical change as I consume too much sugar, not enough fruits/veggies and not enough protein. I was also drinking soda quite a bit. I felt hungry all the time and I think needed caffeine to keep me going.

I've been on the new diet this week. She added a fair number of supplements too such as liver support, digestive enzymes, adrenal support, Vit D, and a few other things. I'm supposed to take a homeopathic remedy made on an Asyra testing machine.

I started the diet and admit my appetite has gone down some which is great. I'm thrilled about that. I'm having Pea Protein shakes in between some meals to carry me over per the nutritionist.

To complicate matters more, I had an amalgam filling removed and replaced due to decay on Sat of last week. A regular dentist did this.

I just feel like death the last few days. Severe sinus pressure/head squeezing, nose draining snots/clear mucous, bad muscle tightness / cramping, stomach pain, and more. I wake up in the morning absolutely freezing (temp was 95 deg today). My ears are very plugged up. I care barely walk straight. Worst of all, eating right and cutting things out has made my blood pressure go UP a lot. It's running 160/100 or higher often. How the heck is this possible?

I'm so fed up with this crap. I feel like I'm a hopeless case in every way. I have never experienced any improvement no matter what I do. I recently had a gallium scan done as they were looking for infection and it was clear. I don't have a clue how you can't be infected and have head pressure so bad you can't function. My muscles have been twitching non-stop too.

There's no way out of this hell IMO. I see no white on my tongue whatsoever. The nutritionist said die-off, but really? She said Babesia die-off. Last time I checked, Babesia does not respond to better diets. The nutritionist operates mainly using energetic testing methods.

I have had sinus issues non-stop for months and months now. My PCP will Rx a short course of Abx and I'll feel better at the end and it comes back like clockwork. I've been on Augmentin XR, Biaxin, and Omnicef.

I'm drinking very diluted cranberry water, using Vitamin C powder and on Milk Thistle. All again no help. [Frown]

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry Seekhelp. [Frown]

Is there any possibility one of your 'new' foods or supplements could be causing inflammation?

The head pressure and twitching I can relate to.

One of my more insensitive coworkers calls me 'Hopalong'.

Yesterday my bart herx head pressure was so bad, when I stuck myself with a needle doing my IV, I felt a wave of relief. Just to feel a different type of pain.

I wish I had some advice to give.

Sending you a hug.

And a magic relief valve-you just plug it in your ear like an ear bud, and the excess brain pressure escapes out the valve like a steam engine.
[group hug]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember you had trouble keeping humidity down in the house. i wonder if you could pick one room to treat the air: dehumidifyer, air cleaner, diffuser with thieves oil

also keeping emfs out and clutter and extra clothes and linens will help keep air clean

i sleep better in my safe room and when i sleep better everything gets a little better

diet is key-especially sugar...all the llmds have said that from the beginning

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.

Were you on any supportive supplements to help clear heavy metals when you had your amalgam removed? If not consider something like a small dose of lipophos edta or some other gentle way of removing any released heavy metals.

I would get to my doctor about the increased blood pressure. This is probably not cuased by the change in your diet. Some think that food allergies may cause high blood pressure so I would consider that if you are eating something new.

Maybe consider some of the nasal protocols if you have someone who will help you with that. I'm talking about treatment for MARCONS - deep nasal infection protected by biofilm.

Hope you feel better soon.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Terry. The BP issue is most likely unrelated.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most mercury exposure people get is when an amalgam is removed. My lyme doc insisted I see a biological dentist to have them removed as safely as possible.

The biological dentists tell patients what to take before during and after removal. If you replaced your amalgam with another amalgam, then that is just more mercury for your poor body to deal with (hope this is not the case).

Mercury is very toxic and can cause all kinds of problems. It is responsible for over 800 disorders. I vaguely remember reading that it lowers body temperature too. I would start taking some binders to try and mop up the mess.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My system is so over-sensitive to everything that i feel like a hopeless case too.

What I have learned is that I need to add new things - foods, meds, supplements, etc. - slowly and one at a time. Start with a low does then work up and don't add anything else for 3 or more days. Once you are sure something works after a few days, then you can move on.

It takes a LONG times this way and it's a total pain... but it sure will tell you if you are having an allergic or similar reaction to something new you are taking in.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seekhelp, you know a lot of us are in the same boat, let work together on these issues.

You got some good post here, and many more to come.

But for now you need to take a deep breath, and try and relax.

Ok, for this moment let’s just have a laugh...

-

-

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my humble opinion, it is die-off from Candida. It can be murderous. PLEASE hang in there.

It's a shame that you had that filling removed right now and by a regular dentist. I hope you can get over that hump.

But really, please continue to eat correctly. I have been on a healthy diet for the most part of 14 yrs and I STILL have die-off.

I am turning the corner now by adding cultured vegetables to my diet plan and following the Body Ecology Diet. You may want to go to Amazon.com and get the book by Donna Gates.

It could change your life. One of the biggest die-off symptoms I get is the head pressure and weird dizzy feeling.

PS .. I have had a white tongue ONCE.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naomi Anna
Member # 43076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Naomi Anna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am pretty sure your problems have all been exacerbated by the removal of that mercury filling and once the body rids itself from those heavy metal toxins, you will feel some relief.
Try a cleanse for heavy metals - there is one I've used that I like by DrNatura.com
If you stick with this new diet and healthier way of eating you will see some results,
Soda's ect, refined sugars make me feel like crap and I avoid them.
I hope you are feeling better soon!

--------------------
Hoping for Hope
Lyme, Cfids, Hormone imbalance, hypo-thyroid, immune deficiency

Posts: 44 | From North Hollywood | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naomi Anna
Member # 43076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Naomi Anna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve1906, Thanks for your cute and funny post with the cats ! what a good laugh!

--------------------
Hoping for Hope
Lyme, Cfids, Hormone imbalance, hypo-thyroid, immune deficiency

Posts: 44 | From North Hollywood | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marypart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marypart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might have a sinus infection or a virus. I had a horrible virus and sinus infection this year.. it started before Thanksgiving and I swear I still have it.

There have been a few recent threads on fungal infections in the nose that underlie sinus problems. People are using sprays, like BEG spray from the compounding pharmacies, or Colloidal Silver nasal sprays like Argentyn 23. I think the silver spray is helping me... although I am also on Doryx and Amantadine for it.

Sorry you're having such a bad time.

Mary

--------------------
Son, 26, Dx Lyme 4/10, Babs 8/10
Had serious arthritis, all gone.
Currently on Valtrex
Daughter, 26,bullseye 7/11
arthritis in knees, cured and off all meds. .
Self:Lyme, bart, sxs gone, no longer treating.

Posts: 496 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does sound like you might have picked up a cold or virus from your dentist or maybe, an infection. Let your dentist know.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seek. I just wanted to give you a hug. I'm feeling the same right now. finally doing everything...and feeling really bad. (I also had my amalgams replaced a few months back...)

I'm gonna try helping to detox with Liposomal Glutathione and C

http://www.returnhealthy.com/health-concern/e-l/fatigue-cfs/tri-forti-nat-orange-gel-8oz-8-oz-researched-nutritionals.html

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement