LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone get Smacked by Full Moon ??Update last post

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone get Smacked by Full Moon ??Update last post
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>,

I got hit pretty hard by the Full Moon thing this time. Last evening, sinuses socked in,and my joints were super achy.

It felt like every sprain I've ever had was re-sprained, headache, scalp pain..... Arrghh!!

Sill feeling cruddy, been eating chicken soup, and some Thai food, and staying up on meds [sinus/respiratory/pain meds] and supplements.

My legs feel really really heavy and achy,and I am hoping this passes soon. It caught me by surprise, I don't usually have this much trouble,out of the blue.

Weakness/ tiredness and general achy-ness, tendonitis,headaches are 'normal' for me.This is beyond the usual.There is flu in the area, but I haven't been out much in awhile. And it hit me hard last night.

I was bummed out as I wanted to go to Wed.PM service at our church, I stayed home maybe i can get to the next evening service.

Here's hoping not too many folk got waylaid by the Full Moon Smack-down, hopefully no one else here got whapped by this, this time.

OWHoooowooooo...

Jus'Silverwolfi here

[ 02-01-2014, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siverwolf,

this is a small mini moon and you shouldn't experience stronger symptoms then normal. That being said, Thai food has VERY strong spices that are antibacterial, antiparasitic and antifungal.

That could be causing you to herx. Eating thai and Indian food caused a bullseye to appear on my arm several yrs ago. Drink more water and do an enema to help flush out the toxins. Hope you feel better.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes!

When you said every old sprain felt like a resprain...a lightbulb went off.

Exactly. Even old knee and thumb injuries were aching this week.

I just had an Epsom soak, a la Surprise and it helped.

Do you have any epsoms salts at your house?

Surprise's trick of 4 cups per tub is a good trick!

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta :-). Yea!

Much as I hate to admit, yes, my stomach's been acting up.

Went back on anti- fungal herbs today, trying to eat even cleaner than the cleanest I've ever been eating.

Got to keep the bowels moving... get it out.
And, woke up at 2:00 a.m. last night,
apparently I had a snack, stayed up for awhile, then fell back asleep on the couch.

It's certainly better, but I still seem to be part wolf, too.
Trying to get this gut right.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I usually have a harder time with insomnia during a full moon. When I had acute Lyme, I felt sicker.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Full moon always hit me hard when I was treating Bb. I dreaded them. I have been relapsing and an ID doctor diagnosed me with relapsing fever, which is another spirochete. However he refuses to treat it - of course.

Full moons have been getting to me again and this last one was terrible - more emotional than physical. I am going to see Dr. F this coming week and hopefully find out what is going on.

I think I may have gotten over the TRF on my own but there is something else there that feels like bart, BLO. . . . ?

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.almanac.com/content/full-wolf-moon-januarys-moon-guide

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there <<<<< glm1111, GretaM, and surprise >>>>>,

Thanks for the replies! I'd better clarify as to what I was eating when...

Wed. evening Jan.15th, when this started I had beef[not a huge portion] a small baked potato, and green beans for supper shortly before this started.

Gael/glm',hi there, it is good to know about the Thai,and also Indian food! I had the Thai food last night on Thur. the 16th.

I knew there was some herbs and spices in the Thai, tho' not that there was so much that could cause a herx.

I cannot eat a lot of spicey 'heat' ,as my stomach wont tolerate it, so ours is done w/ almost no spicey 'heat'.

TxC' who was stationed in Thailand awhile, likes a bit of spice, so he adds it from the sauces, for himself.

Usually, it makes me feel better, but I'll be watching , the next few times I eat it. I hope I am not getting more food allergies.

Greta', sorry to hear you were affected by the moon, I have tendonitis, rt. thumb/and wrist issue, and both ankles.

And have had some knee injuries also. Rt. shoulder,and my back have been acting up, way more than usual too.

I wish I could soak in a tub right now, but until I can get the energy to set up our bath
bench, and clean it up, it is just showers for me.

Our bench was thrown into storage [ no temperature or dust seal control ], w/o cleaning it up and left to set a year, before we could get to it.

[Someone else, who pretended to be a friend, carted the last third of our stuff
to storage, and our things were handled none to nicely.

Long story, we were stranded at our new destination,in a different state. And didn't even have a car for the first month.]

I cannot get in and out of a bath tub, at this point, my legs wont hold me up. Leg weakness has been a symptom for me, since I was young. In recent years it has made bathing in tub very difficult.

Surprise, hey there, sorry to hear your stomach has been misbehaving. I'm having to work on what foods I eat as well. I don't eat gluten as it makes me miserable. And I am allergic to oats, severely.

Ahhh... someday when I can get some energy,... a good soaking in the tub... it sounds wonderful, and I bet it would do me good...

So you seem to be part wolf too, I hear ya', I been trying to really control food portions better. So most of the time I don't have seconds now.

[Plus I've had some Imodium days lately, so sometimes I can't eat very much.].

I looked up the Mini-moon Full Moon, odd as it sounds, because I don't usually have this much issue at full moon, maybe I usually do better at a closer full moon ???

I know there's been solar flare activity too, so maybe everything combined?

Thanks again, for the replies! I hope y'all start feeling better as well. I do need to get some Epsom salts again,a bit to soak my feet might help too.

TxC' is up, and fixing breakfast for us, I'm glad he likes to cook! And relieved he is feeling better!

Jus' Silverwolfi...OwooOOOw

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< CherylSue,nefferdun,and payne >>>>>,

Hmmm, CherylSue, my insomnia has been worse lately too.

Nefferdun,sorry the fullmoon is affecting you like this, relapsing fever, you didn't need to have to cope with that as well.I'll be praying for you.

Payne, thanks so much for the Full Moon/ Wolf Moon Almanac link!!! That was way cool!!!

Gotta go for now breakfast is ready...BBL!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This full moon smacked the up know what out of me. This was one of those rough ones.

Many folks in our support group couldn't make it yesterday to our monthly meeting, the even the board members were down.

Golly, hope we don't see another moon like that for a couple months anyways\.

Pam

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< map'/Pam-Pam >>>>>,

Sorry to hear it smacked you and so many in the support group too.

I'm having some other issues too,and wondering just what that ornery little mini-moon did. Yipes!!!

I hope the moon, and solar flares, magnetic storms whatever it all was calms down and soon!!!
Thanks for the reply!

Jus'Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all moons are created equal. I don't understand all of it.

But I really need to get a full moon education and why it effects people so much. I was in retail/grocery business for 28 yrs.

We always knew when there was a full moon. Customers were nutso. Very difficult to deal with.

So there is something to this. Now to find some good reading. Any ideas of books anyone?

Silver, you making fun of my repeat? I'm lucky I can even write anything half way understandable this week with my lyme brain stirred up this week.

Pam Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hey <<<<< map'/ Pam Pam >>>>>> [Smile] ,

I'd like to know more about the moon phase effects too. Did you know you double posted??? TxC' was reading this to catch me up... and it made him laugh out loud!!!

At least you only had repeated your name ,at end,before double post. I cannot spell or type worth beans right now, and partial sentences seem to migrate to the end of my posts...Aarrghh.

I'm beginning to think this laptop has been affected too. My niece was told once,that hopsitals...uhm, hospitals and police, try to plan for extra folk to be on duty during Full Moon.

My brain is burping, and I can't spell...not that I was ever perfect at it. Manage,become mange, things like that.

I hope and pray the Moon phase effects calm down soon!

Jus' that Sil-Sil Wolf Wolf! the Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

map1131
Member # 2022

Think of Wizard of Oz tune.....

If I only had a brain....dum dum dum dum. If I only had a brain.

Thanks for the laugh. We must laugh at ourselves or the other option is cry. I'd rather laugh.

Pam

--------------------

tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The full moon is when the parasitic worms travel in your body to your intestines to mate. That is why you feel worse. They are most active at night so that is often why you have insomnia and other symptoms more at night.

If you are interested in a very effective protocol for killing parasites (and lyme), check out the facebook page CDHealth. The protocol uses chlorine dioxide (CD) and other anti-parasitics around the time of the full moon to clear your body of parasites, bacteria, viruses, fungus, metals and inflammation.

My entire family is on this protocol and are all improving. For the first time in 5 years, my husband was able to get off RX sleep meds and is sleeping 6 to 8 hours/night. He did 3 years of abx two years ago and his insomnia only got worse. It was because parasites were the cause of his insomnia, fatigue and other symptoms. He is finally healing now from this CD protocol, as are the rest of us. One of my boys used to complain of leg aches all of the time. He never has this symptom any more.

You have to keep an open mind when you are chronically ill. You have to investigate new things and think on your own. The doctors are often wrong. We finally found the root cause of my children's Autism, PANDAS and other symptoms and my husband's fatigue/insomnia and my internal vibrating, shortness of breath and heart racing: PARASITES, PARASITES AND MORE PARASITES.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' Silver'woof here,

Brain burped, jumped in my basket amd went wandering... nothing is enticing it home today...

Thanks for each reply, will try to besensible in a couple days,,,dheadache...owoooWooo-argghhh.

Jus' silverwolfli

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

map1131
Member # 2022

tick battler, thanks for the info. I did parasite kills many moons ago. I haven't done parasite killing in 6 yrs, I guess?

So I'm sure it needs attention. Especially since I've been bitten many times since by mites, fleas and nymph ticks.

I try to remember to rife for parasites during full moons or leading up to them, but then I get slammed and lose my ability to do as needed.

I used to use calendar for remembering dates as moon, lyme cycle and mark down tx with rife and then noted reactions to those protocols.

Very easy to get lost on focus and which way do I go?????

Silver, thanks for the humor.

Pam

--------------------

tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam,
Check out the CDHealth facebook group and you will be amazed! This protocol kills lyme too.

Rifing for parasites is very hard and not fully effective because you need different frequencies for the larva stage and adult stage. And there are SO many different worms and microscopic parasites now do it would be so time consuming to try to cover them all. There is even a new one just discovered which is one of the worst called the Rope Worm or Rope Parasite.

Hope to see you there!
tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Thanks tick battler. Oh yeah and just completely gross me out with the thought of Rope Worm.

OMG. I couldn't figure out where you hope to see me. Sometimes things just don't click.

Then it was aha, CDHealth FB site. Don't you laugh at me. Don't you dare laugh, especially you Silver.

Pam

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< All Responders >>>>>,

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, my brain 'still hasn't come home...', after an incident where I have found out that one of my prescription meds doesn't work for me.

Not sure my digestive and intestinal tract will ever be the same... Aaarghh. I am still having rt. side abdominal pain. And the list of meds I can't take just got longer.

I'll be looking up things on the parasite protocols,and see what might be affordable for us.

<<<<< map'/Pam-pam >>>>>, No laughing here ,for the moment at least... if you happen to find my brain please send it back this direction.

Jus' that Silverwoliolf

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf--I found Humaworm to be affordable and I felt better after taking it for a month.

Now I use it several times a year.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< hiker53 >>>>>,

Thanks for the reply, we'll check on the Humaworm pricing...having to wait on many things.

But it would be nice to get treatment started on the parasites! This month will be adding berberine[ in low doses ]!!! Maybe next month I can really attack parasites!!!

Jus' Silverwooflie

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

tick battler
Member # 21113

CD (MMS) is about the cheapest and most cost effective thing you can get. $25 will last you about 3 months.
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt like screaming crazy the whole day(s). Bad

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

lyme in Putnam....howl baby howl. All night long.

[cussing]

Pam

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< tick battler, lyme in Putnam, and
map'/Pam-pam >>>>>,

Tick battler, thanks for the info'. will research this.

Lyme in Putnam, [group hug] sorry you felt so on edge... I'd not had serious issues 'til the mid-January full moon.

Map'/Pam, In this case I think that howling has merit... as long as it doesn't hurt our loverly vocal chords [course howling is good in lots of cases [Big Grin] ].

We'll see what the mid-Feb. full moon does...hopefully it wont be quite so severe.?.

Jus' Silverwoofli [still attempting to entice my brain home... t'isn't safe on it's own!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement