LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does anyone think depersonalization could be linked to hormones? to hormones?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone think depersonalization could be linked to hormones? to hormones?
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need encouragement badly

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can be, especially thyroid. A severe imbalance in any hormone can alter how you feel and behave.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thyroid was ok, progesterone and estrogen off. Thanks much.

--------------------

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope it all kicks in soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Thanks tutu. Didn't know hell could last so long. I believe in god, if u can say a prayer, so tired. Sorry everyone like this. It's so life robbing. [Frown]

--------------------

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Female hormones when out of balance can really affect personally severely.

so can some of the treatments... for instance vitex which helps so many women turned me into an emotional zombie.

Bio-identical hormones may help. I cant imagine life without them.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia/proto and toxo
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia did it to me. More so was thyroid. I do bio-identical estradiol,testosterone and progesterone.

You say your thyroid is OK. Could you post your lab results? My labs looked great yet when my BHRT doc looks at them, he sees them much differently.

He adjusts my meds accordingly and what a difference!! I suffered with depersonalization/derealization for years and I do know how bad it is.

Nothing looked real, felt real,...
Like a bad case of "living" in a twilight sleep. Not connected to reality at all.

I will pray for you.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

My thyroid results. T3 reverse. 8-25. Mine were 16
Tsh. 0.40-4.50. Mine were 0.80. T4 free. 0.8-1.8. Mine were 1.5. T4 total. 4.5-12.0. Mine were 10.1. T3 total. 76-181. Mine were 107. Progesterone was less than 48. Reg range 127-446. Estriol. Was <1.0. Ref range was 1.0-10.8. Cortisol am was <82.77 range 5.1-40.2. I'm in mental hell.

--------------------

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I don't because my depersonalization happened many years ago when I really don't believe it was hormone such as thyroid(on meds) and female hormones, I was only 42 when the bomb fell.

I believe my body and mind did this for survival. It was flight, to survive. Which I know can be from cortisol.

I did a year or more of cortisol and got no relief from my sx. Nada.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More and more doctors are not accepting a low range of normal in thyroid hormones as 'normal'

I was low normal once upon a time and my doc treated me with over the counter herbs and bovine extracts for thyroid and it got better and I didnt need to continue on them

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going through something similar right now, with very low testosterone and extremely high estrogen. I've had depression, low libido and weight gain.

LLMD sees a direct link and is trying to balance with iodine and something called chrysin.

I hvaen't started taking either of these yet, so I can't report on effectiveness. I only wanted to let you know my LLMD felt there was a clear link.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first reaction is that you need a new doctor to manage your thyroid. Once you start on thyroid meds., it is totally useless to test your TSH.

Many/most doctors don't understand it.

My PCP is great but he doesn't get it either. He just had the nurse do labs on me last week. All I asked for was to check my immune system but he added in a bunch of other things.

Included were labs to check my thyroid. It was a total waste. I had taken my Armour thyroid that morning so the results were totally skewed. He also checked the TSH.

Estrogen replacement will also help you. Makes a big difference with sleep for one.

More coming from me soon. Hang in there.

--------------------

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you LIP.
[group hug]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Here's a start. I found my doctor by asking pharmacists. A compounding pharmacy would be best but other pharmacists may know of a good doctor.

http://www.thyroid-info.com/topdrs/index.htm#us

compounding pharmacies
http://www.project-aware.org/Resource/Pharmacy1.shtml

Dr. Lam has some good information on his site. If I remember tomorrow, I'll find some for you.
I need to shut down for the night.
Will keep you in my prayers.

--------------------

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Thank you so much. Gave my hormones e focus we'd and will ask results thyroid. My llmd gave me script for thyroid, she got results. Didn't go Over them yet with her. Tomorrow is psych, I'm looking into docs. I went to one in westchester. Thanks

--------------------

Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a great post on thyroid issues. http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/my-story/
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally get where you are L in P. I am close to the brink myself. Luckily my appointment is tomorrow.

Your thyroid doesn't look low. Maybe you have Hashimoto's and you are having hyper flares. I have had those and it is horrible but you would lose weight if that were the case even though you never quit eating.

Can it be bartonella? It is a demonic infection. If it is bart you will probably have some kind of skin presentation - not necessary streaks but maybe peas size brown spots or loss of pigment or loss of hair.

When I treated bart before, it did not respond to a lot of drugs. No relief from doxyclycline or even Rifampin. Finally Bactrim DS brought me relief. Whatever you have, it is probably not responding to the drugs you are on.

Hormone imbalance can make you emotional but it does not make you feel like you are not connected to the world. The anxiety is not the same. You might over react to something - remember PMS? That is what a menopausal hormone imbalance is like. PMS all the time. You are still you connected to yourself.

With the infections, it is easy to feel you are losing your sense of reality. It can be terrifying.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, depersonalization was due to low thyroid. When I started on Armour thyroid, I felt present again.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello putnam, its derk, i think you and i are the ones that complain the most about depersonalisation,

alls i can tell you which wont help but i hope it does is i tested my testerone and i had the levels of an 80 year old man,

im 34, i started taking testosterone injections and it helped my dp immensley, now, its not gone, but it took me from 30% to about 75% maybe 80% somedays,

eitherway, adressing this issue helped alot, that and a xanax when the anxiety gets really bad, i dont care what anybody on this board says about benzos, they saved my ass all the time,

ive been in this mind **** hell for 4 years as of yesterday jan 23,, but what i do want to say is im so very sorry,

if theres one person on this board that truly truly and mean trullllyyy understands what hell you live in,,, its ME!!!! much love, your lyme friend, DERK DIGGLER

Breaking this up for easier reading for many here -

[ 01-24-2014, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chipster
Member # 43143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chipster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about EMFs from computer hitting your brain and causing depersonalization type symptoms?
Posts: 44 | From Yes | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Derek, I know what this means to you. Started bioidentical hormones a few weeks ago, menopause almost putting me away. My hormones were low progesterone end estrogen, my OCD and dp off the wall. It's almost yo hard to live. I'm glad you're getting some relief, God bless.

--------------------

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Thanks all. Good health.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement