LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Liposomal Encapsulated Technology - make your own

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Liposomal Encapsulated Technology - make your own
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone asked how to make a liposome. I bought a book to get the correct directions and have given you the details in this post.

It is very easy. It gets more vitamin C into your body than you would ever be able to tolerate passing through your GI tract. It is claimed to be as effective as IV vitamin C. A man in New Zealand was in a coma and the doctors wanted to remove life support. His family insisted on trying IV vitamin C and then liposoma vitamin C. Here is his story.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrhkoFcOMII

What you will need:

Ultrasonic jewelry cleaner

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Ultrasonic-Jewelry- Eyeglass-Cleaning/dp/B001DKDAVW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8& qid=1392079150&sr=8-3&keywords=ultrasonic+clea

That is just one you can get and you can also use it for it original purpose, cleaning jewelry.

Sodium Ascorbate Powder

Distilled water

Non GMO granular Lecithin (from soy or sunflower seeds)

Basically you use 3 parts lecithin to 1 part vitamin C. If you use heaping TB the mixture will be thicker. This recipe calls for level and it is the consistency of milk.

Mix 3TB Lecithin in 1 cup hot distilled water. Mix in blender for about 5 minutes. Let sit for half an hour and then mix again until completely homogenized.

Mix 1 TB sodium ascorbate in 1/2 cup warm distilled water until it is completely dissolved. Add it to the lecithin and blend briefly.

Pour this into the ultrasonic cleaner (remove the tub for the jewelry) and turn on. It will run 3 minutes so you have to turn it on about ten times for a total of 30 minutes. You need to stir frequently with something wood like a chop stick or wooden spoon. You don't want to use metal because the ultrasound will clean stuff off of it.

Store in glass jar in the refrigerator for up to a week - some say two weeks. Take 1-2 TB 2-3 times a day.

How can you tell if it is actually encapsulated?

Put 4 oz prepared liposome into a 12 oz glass. Mix 1/4 ts baking soda in 1 oz of water. Add to the liposome. Whatever vitamin C is not encapsulated with react with the soda and fizz. If the foam is 1/2 " or less you have 50% encapsulation. If the foam is 3/8" or less, you have 60% encapsulation. If the foam is 1/8" or less you have 75% encapsulation. Don't throw this out. It is still good to use.

The encapsulation is not stable. It will un-encapsulate and separate. That is why i it is best to make small amounts.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you buy liposomes they are much thicker. You can make it thicker using more lecithin but you want to keep the ratio 3 part lecithin to one part vitamin C.

One person on YouTube made a nice thick liposome using 4 heaping TB of lecithin and 1 heaping TB of vitamin C. That is not a 3 to 1 ratio but it worked for him.

Someone else said you can make liposomal glutathione using 1 TB glutathione.

I am sure you could make almost anything into a liposome but be careful. I had the bright idea of making xylitol into a liposome because it is a powerful biofilm buster. Then I read our bodies do not absorb it well but dogs do. They read it like sugar and produce so much insulin they can go into shock and die. So don't make xylitol into a liposome!

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

"The therapeutic value and greatly increased delivery of liposome-encapsulated drugs and nutrients has been scientifically confirmed countless times. At present, liposomes are the most effective oral way to deliver nutrients."

Good Explanation:
http://www.livonlabs.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/liposome-encapsulated/liposome-encapsulation.html

http://www.anti-agingresearchcenter.org/bio-technology/liposomal-encapsulation-benefits.html

http://euphory.com/liposomal-vitamin-c/

--------------------

ms dixie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ms dixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you ! This is helpful I was totally confused. I thought liposomal meant " applied to skin" like a cream.

What is the advantage of liposomal glutathione? Do you know?

Neff, you stated that you used EDTA and had a strong reaction. Do you think it reduces biofilm?

Have you tried any treatment for metals? Was it hard ? Did it make a difference?

Posts: 153 | From Huntsville Al | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

It doesn't work to take glutathione orally. You usually take precursors to try to stimulate your body to make it. With liposomes it is not destroyed orally because it is protected in the capsule and enters the blood by passing the GI tract.

I take LipoPhos EDTA which is liposomal EDTA. Normally not much EDTA would actually get into your body when taken orally - most of it is expelled. Taken as a liposome you get 80%.

It is just as effective as IV and it does not affect your veins when you take it as a liposome. It binds with heavy metals, especially lead and cadmium. It is not as effective on mercury but it also does not get into the saliva so it won't leach mercury out of the teeth.

EDTA will also bind with minerals but it prefers metals so if it has bound with a mineral and comes across a metal, it will exchange the mineral for the metal. It also crosses the blood brain barrier.

EDTA is excellent for biofilm. The red cross uses it to prevent blood from clotting. It is in vials when they collect blood and it is put into ports to keep them open.

EDTA binds with the magnesium and iron in biofilm degrading it. The beauty of it is the liposome is fat, which is very appealing to the PR as it is necessary to build biofilm, so it is quickly brought into the protective biofilm colony.

The analogy is a Trojan Horse. The story is a beautiful giant wooden horse was delivered to the city gates and the occupants brought it inside thinking it was just a harmless treasure. Inside the horse was an army. When the horse was safely inside the gates, the army emerged and killed their enemies in the city.

The same thing happens with liposomes and biofilm. Several LLMDs are prescribing the supplement Artemisinin Essentials, which is a liposome with EDTA and artemisinin. It is expensive and the capsules are very small. Normally you would take at least 6 grams of a liposome, not half a gram.

I am sure it helps me because I don't have PR symptoms. I am also using fat binders like Proactol and XLS Medical. This is made from prickly pear cactus and each tablet binds with about ten grams of fat. You take one after a meal and it coats the fat you just ate so it is not absorbed.

It is harmless and very effective to keep my fat down very low. Obviously you would not want to take a fat binder after taking a liposome. As your dietary fat is low, the liposome is that more more effective. The liposome is made of essential fats, the ones most needed by the brain.

I bought LypoSphyric vitamin C and gluathione because I thought it might be better than home made although it is pretty expensive. They also make liposomal Alpha Lipoic Acid which helps diabetics with neuropathy. All of this can be home made except the EDTA. You can do EDTA but you have to add something to change the PH and it is kind of dangerous to handle.

I had 5 IV treatments. Then I found out the local NP was using magnesium disodium EDTA, which is a very cheap substance that leaches calcium from the bones. You want to be sure whatever EDTA you use has Calcium Disodium EDTA because that is the safest and most effective. It helps your bones rather than taking the calcium out of them.

LipoPhos EDTA has Calcium Disodium EDTA. By the way, I am not affiliated with that company. Another good one is DeToxMax, but only doctors can prescribe it. I learned about it from Dr. Roberts, who analyzes methyl cycle mutations.

THe best thing is to do a search on EDTA and biofilm.

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

http://aem.asm.org/content/78/22/7977.full

The American Society of Microbiology writes:

EDTA Inhibits Biofilm Formation, Extracellular Vesicular Secretion, and Shedding of the Capsular Polysaccharide Glucuronoxylomannan by Cryptococcus neoformans

In this study we demonstrate EDTA is a potent biofilm Disruptor.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1393226/

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Metals such as calcium, magnesium, and iron are critical to biofilm formation and maintenance. EDTA is a powerful chelator that has well established antibiofilm activity. EDTA also causes structural cell damage to bacterial cell walls making them more permeable to antimicrobial agents. It has been shown to inhibit biofilm formation by Candida albicans. The combination of EDTA with enzymes synergistically disrupts fungal biofilms potentially facilitating their eradication.

http://thefunctionalmedicinecenter.com/2012/07/natural-approaches-candida-biofilm/

--------------------

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, neff!!!

When you do EDTA, do you herx a lot, or have reactions from the heavy metals leaving? Of course, what happens for one person may or may not be at all similar for another person. Just wondering what your reactions have been.

For the liposomal vit. C, can you use any other vit C besides sodium ascorbate, do you know?

Thank you for the heads up about the ca vs the mg EDTA, also---important! Yeesh, terrible that the nurse was using the cheap, damaging kind. Probably ignorance, but that is no excuse.

In my case using the IV glutathione and vitamin C may be easier and ideal. The IV glutathione is a life-saver; it helps pretty much immediately and a lot! I do it myself.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

The first few times I took the liposomal EDTA I felt a little tired but that was all. Even the IVs did not cause a herx. Minutes after I take the liposome my body feels like you do when you have had a shot of alcohol. You can feel it hitting the blood stream.

This is what she says in the book about using sodium ascorbate.

I use sodium Ascorbate because it is the same buffered form physicians use when they give vitamin C intravenously. It is also what you find in commercial liposomal Vitamin C. Straight Pharmaceutical ascorbate is too acidic. It you take straight ascorbate into your blood, it would cause the body to need to neutralize the PH by taking calcium from your bones and cells.

There is a way to buffer the ascorbate using baking soda but I am not going into that because the stuff is so cheap, you can just buy the right kind.

You also don't want to use ascorbate with any mineral because the quantity of vitamin C you are taking would raise the mineral to toxic levels in your blood.

We are using vitamin C and ascorbic acid synonymously but they are not the same. Ascorbic acid is the isolated part of vitamin C.

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

I bought the book Primal Panacea by Dr. Thomas and will share, when I get it, how much of this to take. I got it used for $13.

Here is the yahoo group that shares information about making your own.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/DIY-LET/info

--------------------

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, neff! That sounds like the same guy who has a lot of info on magnesium, among other things.

Wow, the liposomal EDTA going straight to your brain---impressive! That sounds like it could really help with biofilm in the brain, along with many, many other benefits.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

LipoPhos EDTA has been a really helpful supplement for me. There are probably other brands if you do a search. It tastes absolutely horrible. When I first took it, I started to gag and quit using it.

So here is the way to get it down. Do not mix it in juice. First of all, it all falls to the bottom and does not mix and you just can't disguise the taste. Put it on a large spoon. Immediately after putting it into your mouth, begin drinking pomegranate juice (Costo is cheapest) so you swallow the juice taking it down with it.

Do not swallow the stuff first and then drink the juice. If you do it my way you won't taste it as much and by the time you finish half a glass of juice it is all washed away.

I really believe this is the answer for PR. It could be because bart is active that the PR is suppressed, but I have no PR symptoms and haven't had any since starting this.

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

A person on this forum for neurodegenerative diseases posted studies on the effectiveness of liposomal glutathione. He has ALS.

http://www.winningthefight.net/boards/topic/68/liposomal-glutathione

" Some hours after taking 1x Lip GSH sachet (Lypospheric Brand - 450mg GSH and 1000mg Phospholipids combined) i was lying in bed and experienced a sensation of fire crackers exploding in my head. Yes i know - quite bizarre and scared the living daylights out of me. Effect lasted about 30mins.

Awoke the next morning with amazingly enhanced energy levels, incredible optimism and free of both head and general muscle/nerve pain so obviously not complaining just a little fearful!"

Liposomes degrade so it is a good idea to keep them refrigerated and to use them quickly. Glutathione tastes wretched so use the juice method I described to swallow it.

Here is a site where you can buy pure glutathione is case you want to try to make your own.

http://www.bulksupplements.com/glutathione-reduced.html

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

I am listening to a long talk given by Dr. K. ALL of his "cocktails" are liposomal!

He makes all of his herbs liposomes mixed with vitamin C, especially likes wormwood and artemisinin. He even makes ivermectin liposomal, which sounds dangerous. That is not apparent in his PR protocol. I know I took my ivermectin at the same time as the LipoPhos EDTA and my eyes practically fell out. They were so blood shot, it looked like I had pink eye.

Niacinimide and niacin both have anti-microbial activity. This is interesting because niacinimide is used to slow the progression of type one diabetes - which might work because it is killing an infection that has attacked the pancreas.

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

DOSING

I got the book and this is all I could find out about dosing. For a serious infection such as when the New Zealand farmer was dying of H1N1, he was given 100 grams per day of IV vitamin C. Liposomal is about the same. Other infections 75 grams.

The LypoSpheric brand has only 1 gram vitamin C per dose. You would need to take 3 boxes a day. I took one dose, sometimes two doses, for a month and then got the flu. I took 6 doses and got sicker. I thought their product must be worthless.

Actually the common cold requires very high doses to knock it out. Just taking the powder orally (not liposomal) you would need to take 30-60 grams of powder. If a severe cold, then 60-100 grams.

1 gram of liposome is equal to 3-4 grams oral powder
2 grams of liposome = 8-10 grams powder
3 grams liposome = 12-18 grams powder

So if you need 60-100 grams powder to knock out a really bad cold, that would be 15 grams of liposome per 24 hours. That is a lot of liposome! It does not taste good so it would be hard for me to get that much down.

I have no idea how much you would need to take to touch an infection like lyme and co's. I don't know if you should take a super high dose for a short period of time or a smaller dose for an extended period of time.

I do know the only affordable way to get a large enough dose, is if you make it yourself. It would probably work better for me to mix less water with it so it is thicker, like the commercial kind.

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Liposomal EDTA is another thing. Dr. Roberts (not an LLMD - does methyl cycle analysis) gives IV EDTA, using 3 grams of EDTA per chelation. He also recommends LipoPhos EDTA - or DeToxMas, which you can only buy from a doctor.

One bottle of LipoPhos EDTA has 2 grams of EDTA. I was told, depending upon how many metals you have, it could take ten to twenty IV's to get rid of the metals. If that is true, it would be equal to 30 to 60 grams of EDTA. That would equal 15 -30 bottles of LipoPhos EDTA.

Keep in mind you have to take something else for mercury. There are other things that help with chelation such as Zeolite.

The vitamin c might be too much but turning the tinctures into a liposome, according to Dr. K, increases the effectiveness 20 times.

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

I hope someone picks up on this. Why in the world would anyone continue to take tinctures or capsules of herbs when Liposomal encapsulated technology makes everything so much more powerful. I found this:

Dr. Klinghardt uses the Klinghardt Lyme Cocktail (KLC) to support the body against infections and toxicity. It is a liposomal blend made at home from a number of different ingredients and personalized to each client.

The basic recipe is:
Cover the blades of the blender with pure water and add: 200-400mg Artemisinin, 1/4 bottle of Phospholipid Exchange or 2 tbsp of non-GMO soy lecithin or 2 organic raw egg yolks, 4-8 dropperfuls of Quintessence, 4 dropperfuls of Viressence, and 4 opened capsules of Vital Nutrients Aller-C.

The mix is blended at high speed for 5 minutes and then poured into an ultrasonic cleaner for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the mixture is in the ultrasonic device, blend: 2 apples (pectin is a good binder), 1 scoop of protein powder, 2 scoops of soaked Mila, 1 teaspoon of ACAI, 1/2 teaspoon of Flax oil, 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil, 20 drops of BioSil and 2 ounces of grapefruit juice.

After the 15 minutes in the ultrasonic device is complete, pour the mixture back into the blender with the other contents and blend further.
Drink 1/2 30 minutes before breakfast and 1/2 30 minute before dinner. 5 days on 2 days off. 3 weeks on 1 week off.
This is a powerful compound. 1 gram of vitamin C is equivalent to about 8 grams when it is made liposomal.

Can mix in other substances such as Ayurvedic Trikatu or Ayurvedic Mimosa Pudica (Mimosa is for parasites), or one cap of Passion4Life.
- See more at: http://www.betterhealthguy.com/a-deep-look-beyond-lyme#sthash.hxQhJEzN.dpuf

--------------------

philiati
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philiati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a general question regarding DIY EDTA/Lecithin Liposome mix. Can anyone explain if there is something wrong with mixing pure EDTA powder into a standard (3 TBSP of lecithin powder to 1 cup of distilled water) lecithin/distilled water mix? Do I have to attempt to dissolve EDTA [separately] in water BEFORE mixing and sonicating in the prepared lecithin/distilled water mix?
I mixed 3 grams of pure EDTA powder in a [standard] prepared lecithin/distilled water mix and sonicated for 30 minutes. No precipitation occurred during 1 week of refrigeration. I appreciate your feedback!

Posts: 1 | From Arizona | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement