LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Scalp Psoriasis & Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scalp Psoriasis & Lyme
Mvdr
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mvdr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Psoriasis linked to Lyme, specifically on the scalp or some Psoriasis-like scalp condition?
Posts: 143 | From Pittsburgh | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have members of my family that have had to deal with psoriasis that never got lyme and one was bitten by a tick.

Both diseases have one thing in common Th1 inflammation.

https://www.chronicillnessrecovery.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136&Itemid=28

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look into parasite cleansing. "Disease starts in the colon." I have read that quote many times. What is appearing on the outside of the body is a reflection of what's happening on the inside.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eczema and psoriasis can also be helped by a strong candida diet including the ingestion of cultured vegetables such as raw sauerkraut.

As glm says, gut health is vital!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have scalp psoriasis, have had it since I was a child. My grandfather , aunt and other relatives had it as well. It is not due to Lyme.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestingly enough, I stopped psoriasis on my knees, elbows and by my ears in 6 days. I drank oxygenated water for a week and by the end of the week, no more psoriasis. I bet foodgrade hydrogen peroxide might be comparable and worth a try.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mvdr
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mvdr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where does one find oxygenated water? Can someone tell me about Hydrogen Peroxide therapy?
Posts: 143 | From Pittsburgh | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is due to parasites! Both eczema and psoriasis are from parasites. You might research the connection. The Kerri Rivera autism protocol on www.mmsautism.org has had wonderful success getting rid of these skin conditions.
Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tick battler:
It is due to parasites! Both eczema and psoriasis are from parasites. You might research the connection. The Kerri Rivera autism protocol on www.mmsautism.org has had wonderful success getting rid of these skin conditions.

I'm sorry but that is totally ridiculous! I sometimes think there is not a single ailment or symptom someone could ask about and someone on here would not say it was due to parasites.

I think the whole parasite thing is grossly inflated and has caused a lot of unnecessary fear. I must say the LLNP I was seeing agreed as well.

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mvdr, I was at a health expo and picked up a bottle of oxygenated water from someone who said he'd gotten it from Mexico. It was a smallish bottle and lasted me about a week, as the dosage amount I drank was strong.

I haven't done the H2O2 experiment. I know we can put drops of the foodgrade version in water and drink it, if anyone wants to try the experiment for a little while.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ellen,

When you call something ridiculous and negate someones experience with these parasite infections that can wreak havoc on every part of the body, it is non productive.

There are many people on the PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD that had the same opinion as you and continued to be chronically ill with no answer in sight, until they decided to try antiparasitics.

Look into it, you might be surprised what lurks from within.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

All Truth Passes Through Three Stages

FIRST it is ridiculed

SECOND it is violently opposed

THIRD it is accepted as self evident

Arthur Schopenhauer

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Ellen101
Member # 35432

Gael,
There are also many on the Parasite Warriors Support Thread who have tried the suggested treatments and are still ill or actually got worse...I feel at times linking every symptom o parasites promotes unnecessary worry.

I know for me when I have posted symptoms in the past and was told on here it was parasites I went to my LLNP petrified. I was very relieved to find out it was out and the treatment she suggested worked...this happened more than once.

Something like psoriasis is a hereditary condition. Yes, its severity can be caused by diet, allergies etc, but I disagree that it is due to parasites..if that were the case than a lot of my relatives that proceeded me had them as well??

glm1111
Member # 16556

Ellen, They are still ill because they have a hyperinfection of parasites including the Filarial Worm co-infection.

It can take several years to get rid of this kind of infection and can make you feel very sick while doing it. The PROOF is when these parasites start exiting into the toilet. www.lymephotos.com

When one family member is infected it is ALWAYS advised for other members to treat as well. Perhaps your relatives are infecting each other. Never read that psoriasis is hereditary.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Ellen101
Member # 35432

A lot of the relatives I am referring to have passed on. Psoriasis has been in my family for many generations, and yes if you read up on it you will see it is hereditary.
Mvdr
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43034

I do know that an unhealthy gut can contribute to Psoriasis. I called my LLMD and he said it is Lyme. I intend to treat for parasites at some phase of this treatment. One thing at a time for me. My kidneys are really taxed right now and we just reduced abx dose. Not going to start another treatment until I get stronger. The whole Parasite thing really freaks me out! What exactly are they called? I'm sure there are different kinds? So much to learn!
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Dad's Psoriasis disappeared after he was prescribed antifungal medication.

So I think there can be many causes...not just one.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

My opinion is also that there can be many causes, not just one, and to keep an open mind, and find out which one or a couple it is.

In my case, it was oxygenation that took care of it. But that's just my case. Others may have other stuff going on. We never know what someone is dealing with, but we can suggest the avenues to explore.

I hope that we can have that kind of conversation here, exploring ALL the options.

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psoriasis is considered an "autoimmune" disease.

http://www.psoriasis.org/about-psoriasis

In the "olden days" the Rx was...get D3 levels back up...which takes TIME.

http://seattletimes.com/html/health/2020548077_pharmacy17xml.html 2013 personal comment from a reader

D3/K2 is a good choice, IMO. The K2 helps keep calcium where it belongs...in bones, not in tissues:

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/mar2008_Protecting-Bone-And-Arterial-Health-With-Vitamin-K2_01.htm

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_K2

2013 - don't shoot the messenger ;-)

http://amuj.arakmu.ac.ir/browse.php?a_id=1568&sid=1&slc_lang=en

Above as a cream.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the article on the Vit K2. My Dr recommends it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ellen101,

You say Psoriasis is hereditary and your family has had it for generations. In reality, psoriasis has been cleared up with various detoxification treatments, including parasites, so its not a '"ridiculous" thing as you put it. Do your due diligence and you'll find ticks carry so much more than just lyme, i.e. filarial worms. Your family members may have lyme and parasites which were passed on for generations and masqueraded as psoriasis due to genetics.

I have had two cases of pesticide poisoning in generations. One family had bi polar and other mental health issues, another family had syndrome X, diabetes and kidney failure issues. Common denominator: both families lived along the Mississippi River and was exposed to the same pesticides for more than 3 generations. Due to Genetics, each "family" had a different and programmed response to the same pesticides.

The same applies for psoriasis. be a detective and look under every stone and try protocols, don't just diss people's comments and theories.

Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Thanks for the info dal123, but I think I will have to respectfully disagree. I find it highly unlikely that all my relatives with psoriasis had lyme or parasites...

The same thing was said about my asthma..I was told it was due to lyme or parasites even though I insisted it was due to allergies. After losing our rabbit six months ago my asthma has totally cleared up and I have not used an inhaler since.

It is important to remember that not every symptom or ailment is due to lyme or parasites.One of my biggest concerns with Dr H's book , among others, is that his symptom list is endless. I don't think thewre is anyone that could read that list and not think they have lyme. Just as we need to be diligent about looking at the possibility we also need to be careful about over diagnosing it as well..

Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a product that cured my sort-of crusty build-up spots on scalp condition, that itched sometimes, that I had for some years. (maybe started before lyme in 2009, can't remember)

I remembered that both my older children had "cradle cap" as babies, and researched that, and it is fungus-related.

Nizoral AD (Ketoconazole)Shampoo, 1%solution 7oz bottle, is an anti-fungal shampoo, and using it twice a week has completely cleared this condition. Took about 3 weeks. Has been clear for over a year.

It is over-the-counter in 1%solution, and prescription in 2%. The 1% is available on drugstore.com, and used to be at Walmart in the 1%, not sure is still.

Works for me.

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Nizoral is awesome.. Thanks for the tip on where to find it!

I no longer have much of a problem with the itchy scalp since I'm succeeding with my candida diet, but here's the Nizoral if anyone needs it.

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=All&srchtree=5&Ntt=nizoral&Go.x=21&Go.y=16&CSRFToken=wfnXcpm%2B5C81xmCCp4lcBtenC4Ge1rXJ6NHV9nL %2FcXE%3D

-

Essential oils will work just as well. Rosemary comes to mind as one to try. Tea tree oil too.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tea tree oil smells so strong, hard to get rid of the smell. But rosemary sounds nice.

Nizoral is easy, though, and I need to use a shampoo anyway.

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

More power to you Lymetoo. Candida is tough, I understand.

My system has always been acidic as I love those foods. Have been working since last summer to make it more alkaline, but still in the very acidic range.

I understand acidic system fosters yeast/fungus.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had, "psoriasis", over 90% of my body for 12 years.

It dissapeared and has stayed away after doxycycline treatment.

Et Al.

Whether it was lyme or RMSF I do not know, I had/have both, or perhaps another co.

It is possible "psoriasis" is just another misdiagnosis and it may be another TBD.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Doxycycline kills baby Filarial Worms....sooo maybe you had/have this co-infection. Hope you are still on antiparasitics.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite quotes from Albert Einstein:

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

All I am doing is trying to help others...I have seen many clear up their psoriasis with the CD (MMS) parasite protocol by Kerri Rivera. You can stay in a bubble and ridicule the newest theories but the ones who think outside the box and investigate new protocols have the greatest chance of healing.

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I ran across this today:

http://bodyecology.com/articles/psoriasis_how_to_overcome_naturally.php#.UxJLpoXElYV

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parasites are not uncommon. 90% of people had parasites.

If this psoriasis is at the base or the nape of the neck, I would definitely think it's Candida. Classic area where Candida flares up.

Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Ellen,

I suggested the Nizoral AD shampoo which is antifungal over the counter because it works for adult "cradle cap".

I haven't read this whole thread so if I am repeating what someone said, please excuse me.

I also have had a tendency for yeast/fungal infections my whole life, showing up as cradle cap as a baby, and this scalp build-up in places as an adult. This shampoo cleared it over 3 weeks.

My system has also always been very acidic, and that invites yeast/fungus. So do antibiotics, which a lot of lyme people have to take.

So if lyme patients are on antibiotics enough, or are acidic, then they will have more of a scalp fungal tendency. It may or may not also relate to the lyme, but it definitely can relate to the antibiotics lyme patients are taking.

At least that is what I understand.

Nancy

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Nancy L:

My system has also always been very acidic, and that invites yeast/fungus. So do antibiotics, which a lot of lyme people have to take.

So if lyme patients are on antibiotics enough, or are acidic, then they will have more of a scalp fungal tendency. It may or may not also relate to the lyme, but it definitely can relate to the antibiotics lyme patients are taking.

-
Amen to that!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

I was not aware until some of my recent research on artemisinin, that Bb causes your system to be more acidic, that Bb likes it that way.

So maybe Bb can be linked to the scalp condition, in people who did not have it before lyme.

The fungus-related scalp condition does occur more frequently in older adults like me, though, lyme or no lyme.

The artemisinin research said that artemisinin can help restore correct alkalinity, and since I have started taking artemisinin to kill the Bb blebs and help clear the brain capillaries, I will test it soon to see if it helps the acidic condition.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement