LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » pregnancy after treatment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy after treatment
supergirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for supergirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! Wow, it's been such a long time since I've been on the board. I'm doing really well post treatment functioning at 95% most of the time. I still take some supplements and have continued with metal detox - but life is very good!

I am considering becoming pregnant - I want to become a mother more than anything! I'm interested to hear thoughts, feedback regarding safety of pg and safety of taking abx while pregnant for the baby.

What's the latest in regards to any possible transmission while pregnant? I see a lovely ND now and she says that if I take 2 abx while pg, the chance is less than 5% of transmission.

Lots to think about! Would appreciate any and all support and feedback!!

love and healing to all

--------------------
PHOENIX: mythical bird that rises from the ashes
July '09 got sick very quickly could barely get out of bed - ND diag lymes.. and the journey began
bite: unkown - no rash

Posts: 248 | From private | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi- great to hear how well you are doing!

Here is a link:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxkcmpvbmVza2lkc3xneDo3NDkxOGRjZTczMmZkNmVh

Hope that link works, it is from Dr. J, leading pediatric LLMD from his ILADS presentation 2011 on gestational Lyme.

Since you are aware (chelating) metals, you must be aware of excessive vaccinations on an infants immune system,

particularly on a baby/toddler that may have unknown infections.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I'm happy you are better and will be informed :-)

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canadian Site but good info and research for both sides presented on vaccines for children. how it relates to th1 and th2 in developing infants. (similar to how lyme switches our immune response etc). also stories of vaccinations of pregnant women.

http://vran.org/

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. J, the leading Lyme pediatrician, has put together a protocol for pregnant women with Lyme which can be followed with your own doctor. I will send you his contact info so you can call his office to get more information.

You would have to ask your LLMD about detoxing metals while pregnant. I don't know if you can continue doing that during a pregnancy.

[ 03-28-2014, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: hopingandpraying ]

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
supergirl - your mailbox is full, I can't send you info.
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supergirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for supergirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really? weird! lemme check it! hopeingandpraying! so excited...not pg yet! preparing

--------------------
July '09 got sick very quickly could barely get out of bed - ND diag lymes.. and the journey began

Posts: 248 | From private | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supergirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26936

Oh...yes, I am aware of the dangers of vaccines! I will have time during my pregnancy to become educated and make healthy choices. I will also NOT be getting any ultrasounds as there are more and more ND'S and midwives who believe that u/s are very dangerous to the baby...and is linked to autism! While I will need SOME bloodwork, pregnancy is NOT a medical condition! [Smile] It's a natural event. [Smile]

--------------------

supergirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26936

After reading the article by Dr. J that someone posted here, what stands out to me the most is that lyme is in our eco system. So, we are all at risk! The fact that I KNOW that I have had a lyme infection gives my baby a better chance at a healthy development and birth and life! So, knowing that I have lyme and that I am well right now makes me hopeful for a healthy pregnancy.

It's when someone does NOT know ie: a father undiagnosed and has sex creating a child with lyme. A mother that does not know. A mother who is infected while pregnant (too late!) Using an egg donor or a sperm donor who is infected.

Because Lyme is so prevalent, I feel like I'm in the best possible position to have a healthy baby!

thanks for the article! love to all!!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement