LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What the heck happend?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What the heck happend?
Indica440
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Indica440     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys. I cant think of a place where i dont get MCS symptoms over time. This is actually pretty bad and severe because i feel like there is no place to go at all.

I first made improvements over the last summer on fluco/doxy followed by 4 months of tinidazole/doxy/zithro/arte and many other herbals. On fluco/doxy it was first candida die off then it hit some lyme/cpn and i felt like more energy/outgoing/easier - first 4 weeks diflu were herxing in my textbook.

i felt pretty good but kinda ignored the yeast. month later i became terribly sick and felt like going to die and reacted to every damn crap in my enviroment.

did the abx destroy my gut so bad that i have ongoing mast cell issues, or am i just more sensitive from severe chronic candida?

i went to an energy medicine NP and she said and tested im full of yeast its bretty god damn bad. i feel this is pretty horrible because if its yeast than i feel like i got yeast from every course of abx bust just made it worse. the reactions seemed to get better lately with probiotics/antifunguals.

i often sleep in my tent but sometimes its too stressfull or cold and i want to be in my bed.

does yeast make you react to anything in your enviroment? my progress on KPU is significant but i still feel like crap where i live. i ask myself: is this mold growth? i had a guy here with a mold dog but he said "its quite fine" yet i felt like its a scam and he doesnt know anything about mold. i know we had rain in the basement last summer and he was like its not a problem by just looking at it..........

i really dont know if its possible to "fix" this at all, im on the look for a new place to live since over a year and the tent thing is not a permanent fix for me at all. i cant stay outside all day.

im so tired of all this....

Posts: 141 | From cali | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you done any specific protocols to help draw/pull the mycotoxins out of your body?

If you have some detox mutations, detoxing mycotoxins is all but impossible without outside help.

RC1 has a good thread about fungus in the nasal passages causing overall body symptoms.

So sorry you are feeling so awful [Frown]

I know what you mean about sleeping outdoors. I used to live in an old apartment-I slept on the balcony for fresh air at night.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several years ago my gut was ruined by antibiotics and I only took a short course. This was way before Lyme. It took 2 years to figure it out.

I worked with an energy healer and it was not helpful to me and I was misdiagnosed in those two years.

Finally, an ND ran a CDSA test. We knew exactly what was going in in my gut from this (I had a pathagen and zero good bacteria, not low, but zero).

I highly recommend getting a CDSA test to find out what's going on exactly in there.

Info:
http://www.food-allergy.org/root3.html

As for MCS. I've battled with that since a bad toxic exposure. It got way worse with Lyme. It's been getting better after doing MTHFR testing and getting on the right supplements.

Also getting my viral/bacterial load down is making a difference more than anything.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is a CDSA test?
Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis. Metametrix does them.

The link I provided above has info on the CDSA test, candida and gut dysbiosis.

Also if you go to the "our family story" section, the person had both MCS and food allergies. It's that last story on this page and there's more info on the CDSA test there:

http://www.food-allergy.org/story.html

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know for a fact that yeast gave me my MCS. The leaky gut must be healed.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the good link, Judie.

What is MCS?

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indica440
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Indica440     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you heal dysbiosis ?! When i go to the toilet to poop, my gut feels so much worse after that. It takes me hours to "recover" from it and i get itching, allergies, MCS. Its like a flare up of symptoms.

Same for taking probiotics like mutaflor, i get histamine reactions from that. Blurred vision and so on. It really sucks.

How do i heal the leaky gut? My "LLMD" wants me to get back on abx but im not even sure that i have lyme as a primary issue anymoe. It seems like my gut is the main issue. Am i wrong? Right?

Posts: 141 | From cali | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indica440
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39461

plus im not sure what to eat anymore. anything promotes candida except veggies and protein. too much protein and i end up with flares of MCS from sulfur. im already really really thing.

my gut is wrecked [Frown]
last two pills of diflucan 200mg - i got nausea and a feeling of vomiting. die off? had to take antihistamines. i was off antihistamines in the past...

Judie
Member # 38323

It can be difficult to heal a leaky gut unless you know exactly what's going on.

Push for a CDSA test with the doc. It will be the first step so you aren't randomly taking taking things to help.

It'll be much easier to treat if you know what to target.

Also get you MTHFR genes tested (it's a simple blood test). They can contribute to MCS. If your body can't process all the biotoxins and such from your body, it can make you sensitive to everything.

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colloidal silver can kill yeast.

I'd be drinking homemade kifer every day. It must be homemade. Cultures are available on ebay and amazon. Fermented foods will help too like homemade sourkraut.

If everything but veggies and protien promotes candida then you should only eat veggies and protien's would be my advice. .. thats how I eat and its not bad. Cravings for bread and carbs reflects a candida issue, and appears almost like an addiction. Limit your protien according to your personal tolerance. I assume you can eat fats if you can eat protien. Use real butter and coconut oil. Skip the rest.

Consider a good B vitamin

here is an article on advanced natural treatment for leaky gut. http://www.healthsalon.org/140/leaky-gut-syndrome/

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

"What is MCS?"

Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. It's a catch-all phrase for a collection of bad reactions when you're exposed to VOCs and other chemicals.

There can be several causes. It's a term like chronic fatigue syndrome. There's usually something causing it, but it can be difficult to pinpoint the root.

For me, I was poisoned with a massive toxic exposure. My immune system is totally messed up now and I have lung damage.

People with Lyme can get it because their body gets so overwhelmed with biotoxins, their body just can't process stuff out properly anymore.

Info on VOCs:
http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/indoorair/voc/

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indica .. Check your probiotics.

These can increase levels of histamine:

lactob. casei
lactob. reuteri
lactob. bulgaricus

(these are found in most yogurts and fermented foods)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detoxing in a fir sauna helped me. A lot.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

I had darkfield microscopy and besides Bb and mycoplasm, there were some yeast forms.

Apparently yeast thrives in an acid environment. I have been dieting with an anti-inflammatory alkaline-forming diet for about 4 months, and my acidity (by urine strips) is still 5.5 or 5.75, very acidic.

While looking for something else, I came across a Utube video by a NC doctor that was addressing a cancer issue, but explained that you can create a hostile environment for yeast and other bad things by taking Arm & Hammer baking soda (his said 2 level tsps, but other sites say 1/4-1/2 tsp dose) stirred into boiling water until not cloudy (20 sec or so), adding a tsp or 2 of black strap molasses, stirring, and drinking the cup of liquid like a tea.

It is supposed to make your system more alkaline much more quickly than diet (which hasn't worked for me at all!) Most info sources said do not take more than 2 weeks straight, and keep an eye on alkalinity by test strips.

Does anyone know anything positive or negative about this therapy?

There are negative entries I found, but they were not about any bad reactions, just sounded like the medical establishment official line to me.

The whole point of Dr. S's (Maryland) anti-inflammatory diet, from what I gathered, was to make your system more alkaline, which is anti-inflammatory & hostile to Bb and also yeast growth.

That when your system has proper alkalinity, the body can carry oxygen better to the tissues, which Bb can't handle well. (like HBOT helps)

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting you should mention the molasses Nancy, as a coworker mentioned to me that molasses was the enema go-to back in the day for all ailments.

We were discussing alkalinity at the time.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a synergy between Diflucan (Rx) and Berberine chloride (Glycox - OTC) to rid resistant yeast (Candida).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16495278

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Hey, a MAJOR caution!

I almost landed in the emergency room taking the baking soda solution to make my system more alkaline!

That NC doc with his video may get other people in trouble, saying 2tsps (and doing it online).

I was only taking 1/2 tsp 2x daily for a couple of days (started 1/4tsp 1st day), and on the third day decided to increase to 3/4 tsp (one time as had missed the first dose that day).

I woke up next morning and could only take shallow breaths. If I tried to take normal breaths, my lungs hurt badly, sharp pains.

My urine PH strip said 8.0. Way too high! It had been very acidic for the past 4 months (when I started checking) at 5.5 to 5.75.

I could barely do research I felt so bad, but I found out that if your system gets so alkaline that you have alkalosis, that your lungs become acidose (maybe to protect) while your body is in a toxic alkaline state.

NOT nice, and a high percentage of people in this state have to have IV potassium chloride in emergency rooms to save them. In this condition, your system excretes your potassium and chloride and you quickly become deficient of these critical body elements.

It was Sunday, so all I could find was potassium alone, and also found chloride in a magnesium chloride product, and also took some sea salt for the chloride, but not good to take too much sodium.

Took TWO DAYS of painful breathing and massive shakiness and weakness, and the third day I was still weak but could take normal breaths without pain.

So, 2tsps like that retired doc took in Utube video. DON'T DON'T DON'T

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement