LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » tired no energy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tired no energy
Jake Hembree
Member # 43187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jake Hembree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know something that will help with energy I am always tired
Posts: 24 | From Kanaka city | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I jus poop out about 2-3. I get so tired I can hardly move.

having major surgery didnt help. nothing seems to help tho.

I drag through the days.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jake and Randi,

Have either of you has viral titers checked?

This was me (is me), turned out is was reactivation of EBV CMV and HHV6.

One cheap way you can tell at home is to look up crimson crescents on the internet, and then look in your mouth with a flashlight.

That's HHV6.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started taking a children's multi-B vitamin.

MegaFood Kid's B Complex Tablets

Regular adult vitamin B gives me crazy anxiety. For some reason the adult brands tend to give you 1667% of the RDA.

This kids version gives you 100% of all the B's and tends to give me a little energy boost.

My only word of caution with this though is that the B vitamins are derived from S. Cerivisiae which is a form of yeast…

I started taking these for energy before being diagnosed with lyme. The yeast in the product is supposedly not the kind that causes problems in people but in rare instances, like with HIV patients it can…

Given my new antibiotic regimen and anti-candida diet I'll probably stop taking this…

But other B vitamins don't typically use yeast so you could try a different brand and see if it helps any.

Posts: 154 | From Boston | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marypart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marypart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't overemphasize how much energy I get from starting the day with a green smoothie. If I make a whole blender-full I find it will keep in the frig, or better, in a thermos in the frig for a day and a half. I sometimes have to thin it down and shake or stir after it's been around for a day.

In the blender:
1 inch of peeled raw ginger.

three trimmed radish

1 whole lemon with the ends cut off, cut in quarters, and pull out some of the seeds with a knife. I put it in with the skin on.

2 stalks of celery
1/2 cucumber or zucchini
8-10 baby carrots
a couple pieces of lettuce if I have it
A big handful of frozen kale or spinach
A big handful of frozen blueberries
Fill 1/2 way with cold water.

Blend till smooth.
Drink with a straw.
I drink one almost every morning on the way to work before my coffee.

It makes a huge difference in my energy.

Mary

--------------------
Son, 26, Dx Lyme 4/10, Babs 8/10
Had serious arthritis, all gone.
Currently on Valtrex
Daughter, 26,bullseye 7/11
arthritis in knees, cured and off all meds. .
Self:Lyme, bart, sxs gone, no longer treating.

Posts: 496 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the early days of unknown infection, I lived on flower pollen for energy. It was collected by machinery, not bees. The company went out of business. Passing the tip along in case flower pollen works for anyone.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
checked my throat. ain't red but white.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look into biofilms and CCSVI which is blockage of blood flow up to brain and back and causes fatigue. Slow down of all organs. Lack of energy and lack of ability to charge even after rest. As a matter of fact sleeping position makes it worse overall.

Viral infections yes also can slam you in area if energy but it feels different. Viruses make you more depleted of energy and though its not same feeling as fatigue. Also with viruses it can hit but in a couple weeks also that is improved vs ongoing always there fatigue. Some days a bit better but it's always there.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.nadh.com/

NADH did wonders for me.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Viruses make you more depleted of energy and though its not same feeling as fatigue."

Huh?

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrenal fatigue was/is the cause for me.
Cortef (hydrocortisone) at physiologic dose makes the world of difference.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has your doctor prescribed Byron White Formula EB/HV6? Dr. H. mentions that in his latest book that his patients are doing well with these drops.

I take them, too. Very powerful, and I had to build up slowly.

Nap frequently, until you begin to feel better.

When did you have surgery? It can take a few months to bounce back.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
patches10025
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patches10025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what does EB/HV6 do?
Posts: 254 | From Westchester, NY | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCarlhelp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCarlhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nt Factor Energy
Posts: 366 | From Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also found that removing as many toxins from my daily routines helped a lot. No processed food, all organic . I found. Gluten free eating was a lot easier on my digestive system. I think it helps my body get more energy producing nutrients. I eat a lot of vegetables. Soups are also a good way to get nutrients without challenging your digestive system. Similar to smoothies and homemade vegetable juice.

I'm careful not to use lotions, shampoos, fluoride toothpaste, perfumes etc. that have a lot of chemicals. It taxes my overly stressed body, in my opinion. Anything extra my body has to process out is going to drain energy. There's a great website called the environmental working group that has a page called "skin deep" and it rates how toxic various products are. I only buy low to non toxic products.

It's all a big lifestyle change but when you can't go out and enjoy time with friends as you once did it gives you a worthwhile new project to pursue and I found that it all did really help a lot with my energy.

Posts: 154 | From Boston | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And sometimes our cells just run out of food, as our body is so busy fighting infection. NADH blasts oxygen into our cells, helping us create ATP, the building block for energy. I used to hit the wall and just plain conk out around 2pm every day. Until I did this for about 2 mos.

http://www.nadh.com/

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement