LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bitten again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bitten again
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it game over if bitten again?

Just found out yesterday and am ramping up my treatment.
Saw my blood on live cell and looks like the same strain and no new infections introduced.

I have been treating naturopathically with ozone and chelation and supps and it was working.

Going back to chelation again to get any new biofilms and currently on artemisinin

If caught early and treated can you still get fully better from a new bite or is it game over?

I am terrified

Also what does artimisinin hit?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arteminisin hits Babesia. What are your doing for lyme infection?

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am still doing blood ozone treatments and also chelation for any new biofilm formation
Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

So can people get over this and still get better?
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not game over!!!! I have been re-bitten many times during treatment but not always re-infected.

I was re-bitten a few months ago and did get re-infected from the bite. Immediately went on Doxy, Flagyl then added Biaxin, Clindamycin and Mepron. My old standard protocol. Babs symptoms got really bad after the bite so either flared old stuff or new infection.

I am 7 weeks into treatment and actually feeling better then I did before I got re-infected.

Of course also on all my zillions of supplements as well.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Thanks desert, really appreciate you saying this. I am so sad about it and feel like crap
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know.... it is so discouraging especially when we work so hard to get "better" only to get re-infected again. So sorry you have to go through it again.

I hope you get the treatment that you need and get feeling back to yourself soon.

Never game over....

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

I once heArd that a second bit meant that the old Lyme would be so strong enough to be untreatable. So I guess this isn't true then?

It just puts you back a bit but is is always still treatable?

Since I found out yesterday I have done 2 blood ozone treatments, 1 Iv chelation of EDTA for biofilms and taken a bunch of artemisinin sod

Will keep doing this till my blood looks cleaner again

Will this be enough?

So even a second bite is still fully treatable and beatable?

Maya12
Member # 36392

Will getting better take as long since it was caught so quickly And I am hitting it head on?
Maya12
Member # 36392

And can a new bite cause new symptoms like causing you to suddenly go paralyzed or something or have new neuro probs like Bell's palsy when you never had this before. Or is it just a flaring of the same old sx that you had before and they exhibit in the same way?

My llnd said it was the same strain

desertwind
Member # 25256

I had asked Dr. H. this at my last appointment and this is what he told me.

Even if the tick was not infected sometimes just getting bit by a tick can "wake up" dormant ketes so that is why he also suggests treating if you are chronic and get bit - even if you are feeling well (along with prevention of disease of course).

I know everyone is different but he felt that because I have been in pretty aggressive tx w/ him for 2.5 yrs that my immune system is much stronger then it was over the past 10 years when I had untreated lyme. He felt there was no reason to believe that I would not get back to where I was before getting bit. Granted, I will always be chronic and have flares here and there but they were far and few and I had been feeling normal.

Not sure about the length of treatment but I am on week 7 and see Dr. H. in 4 weeks so that will be almost 3 months. Not sure what we will do at that point.

I feel confident that I will get back to a place of remission once again.

I don't think all is lost maya12.

Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey desert, so he didn't say that a new bite could cause new life threatening sx though, just that it would worsen the same old sx you always had?

And at least I have been treating for about 2 years before this happened

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think all is lost either. I just don't know enough about ozone treatment for lyme to even comment.

But, FWIW, I got bit again at the end of April while on vacation. Mind you, I've been off abx for 10 years now. (I went untreated for a decade before 2003, so I guess I would be considered chronic, but I am healthy and have my life back).

I have, however, been taking cats claw daily all this time. So I upped the dose to 3 times a day, I take thieves oil (a clove and cinnamon blend) and oil of oregano oil daily, and repeated treated the bite site for a week with thieves oil.

Nothing. No bullseye, no symptoms. I am still in 'peaceful coexistence' and don't expect that to change.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had been bitten many times during chronic lyme. If the tick is infected, symptoms vary according to new pathogens.

The worst, for me, is when the tick was again infected with babesia, then I crashed. Everything just came back worse then before. But it took us hours or days to see the abyss. We didn't need to wait a lot to know the tick was infected or not.

For my daughter, she got infected with lyme encephalitis (FSME), on top of her chronic lyme. That infections starts slow, but not that bad, but suddenly, it gets very bad. Really. We could successfully hit it down, but I swear, it was the worst war we ever fought against a pathogen.

A reinfection is very bad, sorry to say. Very, as critters are very aggressive and make the dormant ones (that you could make dormant with previous treatments) wake up, as desertwind says... that is how my lyme doc explained us.

If the tick is not infected, we rarely felt anything different. Like nothing new happened.

So really, you need more aggressive treatment for a few months, in case you got reinfected, until it goes chronic again.

At least, that is our experience. The first two months were the toughest, then it gets better (lower activity).

We are still bitten now that our lyme is fully dormant. So far, it didn't wake our lyme again. It's been now more than 5 years.

We are crossing fingers your tick was not infected, and that you barely feel anything. Our immune system was flat before, so we could tell in one day, if the tick was infected. Or in a matter of hours. By the third day, there was no doubt anymore.

Still crossing fingers for you!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

And desert did you herx a lot at first? And how long did it take to get feeling better?
desertwind
Member # 25256

Well yes it could worsen the dormant ketes and make you flare pretty bad with old symptoms, but in my case it also gave me a new infection - lyme and babesia. So both can happen according to what my llmd told me.

After the bite I had a flare of old neuro symptoms but he also thinks I also got re-infected. At the end of the day it is so hard to tell what is old stuff and what is new stuff. I just treat and cross my fingers.

maya12; Are you /do you take abx.'s?

desertwind
Member # 25256

Interesting thing is that my herx after re-starting treatment was no where near as bad as when I started tx w/ Dr. H 2.5 yrs ago. Pretty mild and short lived and I quickly started to feel good again. Probably about 3 weeks into treatment I was feeling good again.

i

Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey Brussels when you and your daughter got re bitten how soon after did you start treatment?

Is there any way after a new bite that you can never get it under control again?

Mine was caught quickly and I have massively ramped up my treatment. Will I be ok?

Maya12
Member # 36392

No I am not on abx but doing blood ozone tx, artamisianin and chelation both daily(art) and twice weekly
Maya12
Member # 36392

But as long as you caught it quickly and are treating heavy duty will it likely be ok?
Maya12
Member # 36392

Funny thing is I never saw a tick and checked. I also don't think there is any way it would have been attached for long at all. I didn't feel anything there either and it was on my arm.

The bite was just a bite with a small ring around it so I still wonder if it was a tick bite

desertwind
Member # 25256

quote:
Originally posted by Maya12:
But as long as you caught it quickly and are treating heavy duty will it likely be ok?

Yes, that is the hope but you know how these things go. So far things are improving so I think, for me, treating aggressively the same day as the bite has made a big difference. Plus being aware of co.'s - babesia.

Do you feel sick?

Maya12
Member # 36392

Well for a few days I did have more sx and felt like I was losing control of my legs, more brain fog and anxiety, dizzy etc. There was a few days lag between bite and more tx but I have been taking artimisinan daily since and then yesterday and today a while bunch more tx.

I still have some sx but am already feeling a bit better with tx. Not great but better then I was.

I am now just really shaken and my anxiety is up and that seems to be making me feel nervous about sx.

Also had my blood checked yesterday and there was nothing new as far as other infections just more biofilms

My dr did say he thought I would be ok as long as I ramped up tx
But if I am already feeling a bit better is that a good sign?

And desert do you know for a fact you were reinfected

Maya12
Member # 36392

And Brussels are you guys fine now, ie got over the new bites?
Maya12
Member # 36392

Is there ever a chance that being bitten again means you will never get better?
Maya12
Member # 36392

Just so scared even though my dr told me it would be ok
desertwind
Member # 25256

Don't know for a fact if it is a new infection but my symptoms were indicative of an early infection (flu like symptoms, headache, fatigue, very stiff neck, chills/sweats, light sensitivity act..) and eventually old neuro/babs symptoms appeared about 3 weeks post bite.

Tested w/local lab but of course negative but no big surprise there and we treat clinically.

Would you consider a round of doxy/flagyl? Might bring piece of mind? Are you opposed to taking a course? It is terrible to have to live in fear.

Just found an embedded deer tick in hubbys ankle and head is stuck in him. Called llmd and he is starting doxy/tindamax tomorrow. Not willing to risk anything....

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Maya12:
Is there ever a chance that being bitten again means you will never get better?

-
No, not at all. If you get some meds for the Lyme you will be fine.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey guys, I would consider the doxy and tindi but I don't have a dr to give me those.

I am under the care of an llnd and have been getting better with chelation and uv blood ozone treatments and herbs.

I think for now I will stick with those and have him check my blood again soon.

These treatments do seen to work well for me when the abc didn't so I think I am more comfortable sticking with those.

They are very strong txs.

And apparently artimisinan kills parachutes because I have been taking it lately and have passed some parasites

Maya12
Member # 36392

Stupid I phone, meant to say abx not abc and parasites not parachutes, uggg
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maya, just relax. There's nothing you can do anyway, except go on treating. You are doing all correct, so just relax.

We are both lyme free, my daughter and I, despite SEVERAL bites. Just keep in mind, we take off attached ticks on us every year. We don't imagine bites, we do have them every year.

We are still alive and lyme free!

so just keep treating. I'm sure many people here still get bitten and even don't know. Sometimes the ticks are so tiny. And flies and other biting insects do carry borrelia too, so really, try to take binders and continue treating, you will be well!!

Ozone is a great therapy. I did in an infected tooth and it was amazing.

So, please, relax. Next tick bite, I can send you a photo to show you.

I have a jam jar with about 100 ticks I collected only this year 2014, that I keep in alcohol (from my cat). Maybe more? Very disgusting.

Every year, around October, I make a big fire and burn the dead ticks as I don't want to flush them down the toilet.

Burning them every day is a lot of boring work. So I do that once a year. They still pop when burnt!

You can get well. We work on building our immune system. We can't do otherwise, as we live in tickland.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Thank you everybody who wrote to me. You have all given me some reassurance

I am pounding the treatments hard and def herxing but starting to feel things back off a bit, I guess this is a good sign

I will update soon

And desert I hope you husband is ok

desertwind
Member # 25256

Thanks Maya - right back at ya! Please update to let us know how you are doing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement