LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sleeping Pill Options

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sleeping Pill Options
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

So I have been sleeping lightly lately. On a day off, the first four hours are very light sleep, and then the 8-10 hours after are so deep they are practically a coma.

But on the days I work, I only have about 8-9 hours a day, available for sleeping.

At least half is super light.

Because of that, I am exhausted and also very sore. I feel like my body is not having restorative sleep.

I am seeing my doc on Friday and I am hoping I can get a sleeping pill to take to put me in deep sleep right away.

Things I have tried:
Melatonin 3mg
Benedryl 50mg
ValerianHeel
Sleepytime Tea
Sublinox 5mg
Sublinox 10mg

Hypnosis
White Noise
Blackened my windows-my room is very dark

Does anyone have some suggestions for sleeping medications?

I literally scraped the side of my car today trying to leave the parkade. Too tired, not alert, and in too much pain to turn the wheel quickly.

Need some help [Frown]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I tried melatonin and valerian. both drove me up a wall with jitters.

some say hot milk or bath. didn't work.

bought chamomile tea, nope..

doc gave me 20 mg of elavil and it seems to work. takes at least 4-5 hours to work and the weight gain is horrendous.

might try dyphahydramine. its in that tylenol sleep aid stuff. stay away from the alcohol stuff tho.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bless you Randibear
[kiss]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gabapentin really helped w/ sleep. Would take just at night and would help w/ nerve pain and neuropathy as well as deep sleep.
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember the one I took a few years ago, I'll try and find it.

Maybe take a look at these, but make sure they don't interfere with any other meds you are taking.

Herbal sleep aids:
There are several herbs thought to help sleep, including chamomile, valerian root, kava kava, lemon balm, passionflower, lavender, and St. John’s Wort.

Many people drink chamomile tea for its gentle sedative properties, although it may cause allergic reactions in those with plant or pollen allergies. While there is some data showing valerian to be useful for insomnia, at high doses it can cause vivid dreams, blurred vision, changes in heart rhythm, and excitability.

Tryptophan and L-tryptophan as sleep aids
Tryptophan is a basic amino acid used in the formation of the chemical messenger serotonin, a substance in the brain that helps tell your body to sleep. L-tryptophan is a common byproduct of tryptophan, which the body can change into serotonin. Some studies have shown that L-tryptophan can help people fall asleep faster. Results, however, have been inconsistent.

Sleep well,
Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Greta,

We are right there with you.

Looking for a deep sleep and REM sleep is what I think my son needs. He is starting to complain of stiffness in his legs and feet. I too feel it's due to lack of restorative sleep.

We are seing a sleep neuro in three weeks to review his 24 hour EEG. No doubt I will ask about something for this issue. I will let you know if I find anything out that may be helpful to us.

hugs

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Thank you Desertwind, Steve and 2Roads.

I will ask about gabapentin. Something that would help with pain would also be most welcome for me.
When I drink tea before bed, I end up getting up a few times in the night to pee. I have to limit my beverages at night, which is sometimes tricky, as I am thirstiest in the evenings.

I have today off work. Slept a solid 12 hours.

Woke up and feel worse than when I went to bed.

Surely there is a coinfection whose tell tale symptom is feeling worse after sleep, rather than better?

I hope the sleep neuro has some good ideas to help your son, 2Roads.

Thanks so much you guys, I greatly appreciate your input.

[group hug] [kiss]

Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhhh. the getting up to get to work anxiety is a true wrecker of sleep.

I'm not proud of this but, ambien changed my life. my dr. wants me to do a sleep study... I think she is uncomfortable still prescribing it.

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCarlhelp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCarlhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ambien has been fine for me. I would rather have a good night sleep than no sleep
Posts: 366 | From Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ambiean or lunista has some what worked for me .I still do wake up . Extended release ambiean made insomnia worse.

I would skip a night or two as not to build up toloarencee.

2 to 4 hours with tiny naps in between being . Using meds or not.

Insomnia is my last symptom basically , I accept it for what it is . As I am very happy to have regained my life back as it once was.

I have tried them all from benadryl to some types of seizure meds that are known for sleep. And countless other natural supplements ,teas etc.

Myself it's to much of a hassle to for schedule 4 meds . I don't understand the whole addiction with these meds.

I am waiting to get and try something more natural for sleep .

But will disclose in near future if it works or not.

Posts: 238 | From Where | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oceangirlSA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oceangirlSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Greta

Sorry you are having sleep issues. My LLMD suggests taking small amounts of melatonin like 1mg which he says is often more effective than higher doses, so you could try that. I take Source Naturals sub lingual melatonin tablets which are 1mg each.

I also find an epsom salts bath works well and makes me very sleepy, but I use more than a few cups of Epsom salts - I use 4 lbs in my tub which is a large soaking tub. I sleep like a baby after one of these.

Another idea is to try Flexeril, which is a muscle relaxant. It is used to help those with fibromyalgia who also have sleep issues as it has an effect of the sleep cycle.

I used to take Flexeril and it is very sedative but is not addictive like sleeping tablets. The up side is that it might help with pain too.

I am not sure which co-infection can make you feel worse after sleeping, but I have read that if you have Babesia, you can feel very fatigued with it and can feel tired even after a good night's sleep.

Hope you get some good zzzz's soon!

Posts: 187 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Low dose Seroquel or elavil with kava root and Mountain States brand Alka-C.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trazodone here. Helps with depth of sleep.
Also Benadryl. That helps with sleep onset.

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladycakes
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladycakes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried about everything under the sun, and the best thing for me's been Ambien.

I took it for about 2 weeks solid every night, just to get my sleep back to some kind of normal schedule. Then I kind of weaned off of it, and can use it as needed.

Trazodone was great for me until I started getting the twitching from it [Frown]

Posts: 306 | From Brownsville, PA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrenal herbs have helped me the most. I did a saliva test to find out when I needed them. Am finally hitting that deep restorative sleep I so desperately needed. It took a while to get there though. Now I can get up and use the bathroom and fall back to sleep (a huge accomplishment for me).

I also take my sublingual b-12 just before bedtime, and occasionally some melatonin, gaba, or tryptophan (energy test them).

It's good to find out what else you're low in too. I was low in pregnenolone. Preq is the queen--if she's low, nothing works right.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Thank you so much for sharing what works with you everyone.

I am nearing wits end with the fatigue and sore bones.

Kudz-exactly! Knowing I have to wake at 4:30/5 the next day adds more pressure to have a good nights rest.

JCarl, lostlyme and ladycakes-Ambien. I think it is the same ingredient as Sublinox. Is Ambien little blue pills?
Sublinox is white sublingual, bitter pills to dissolve under the tongue. But years ago I was taking a little blue pill, swallowing with water. Is that Ambien?

VV-I've borrowed Trazadone before from someone to take. It did make me sleepy. Does it affect the brain during the day? Does it help with pain?

Oceangirl-yes! Epsom baths make me so relaxed too. It's nice to get out of a tub and then go straight to bed. Is Flexeril a prescription? I would love some help with the pain also.

CD57-haven't heard of seroquel. Thanks for the tip! I'll wiki it [Smile]

Elavil-I've tried that before also. I chuckled with the mention of weight gain. So true!

Catigrl-this Sunday I am supposed to collect my saliva for the hormone panel. I didn't know about pregelone (sp?). It would be great if a cause (aside from bart) for this insomnia was found.

I wish it was the 1920's, and I could get a nightly injection from a doc to put me out instantly. Sigh.

[sleepy]

VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"VV-I've borrowed Trazadone before from someone to take. It did make me sleepy. Does it affect the brain during the day? Does it help with pain?"

It doesn't seem to effect me during the day.
I take a moderate dose, so maybe more would give a hangover of sorts.

I haven't noticed it doing anything for pain.
Trazodone was originally an anti-depressant I think.

The main effects I have noticed are:
more vivid dreams
extended sleep time
less episodes of insomnia (I have had only one or two and they were not nearly as bad- it used to take hours to get to sleep, if at all).

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for input but have done and tried everything mentioned and then some.

Salvia test and that helped with my dhea and cortisol levels etc.

My first symptom was a headache one morning then that evening completely Commatoast due to meningitis in 2007 from unknown tick bite . Since then insomnia started.

Posts: 238 | From Where | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so ready to just have a pill to pop so I can have some restful sleep. So sick of insomnia.

I used to take

5-htp
a liquid calcium magnesium supplement by Lifetime
Vitamin D

These are all supposedly sleep inducing or good for your circadian rythem or something. I feel like there was something else I used that I'm forgetting…

I think I'll dig out the supplements and start using them again.

I'm going to make a pre-bedtime smoothie. I grew to hate the sweet taste of the cal/mag supplement so I stopped using it but it was the gentlest calcium for my stomach.

I read somewhere that cherries and bananas have sleep inducing qualities, cherries have natural melatonin, bananas have magnesium and potassium. I'll mix those with some sugar free almond milk which also has mag, and mix it up along with the cal/mag sup. And then use it to wash down the 5-htp, which is a tryptophan precursor i found very helpful, and vitamin D, a deficiency of D can mess up your sleep cycle. (though I just read it may be best taken in the morning as it can effect melatonin if taken at night so maybe take that into consideration ). I finally got my vitamin D level up to 60 after years of taking 10,000IU a day so now I'm in a good range.

I feel like no matter what, all the sleeping pills and supplements only help for so long and then your body adjusts back to it's deranged schedule and you're wide awake again just in time to stare at the ceiling for hours on end before dragging yourself off to scare people at work.

I've never tried any pills besides whatever the ingredient is in Benadryl. I can't imagine popping that every night would be good for my system though...

Posts: 154 | From Boston | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
be careful asking your doc about anything. I got my rear chewed out jus trying to discuss weight.

drs are touchy...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD just recently recommended I take

Kavinace
http://www.vitacost.com/neuroscience-kavinace

Melatonin 1 mg

5-HTP 100 mg

So far it's working pretty well. It's only been a week but a week of decent sleep feels quite luxurious.

I haven't worked out the right dose of the kavinace yet. First I'll take two with the other sups. That'll put me to sleep till 3.

That's been when I usually wake up anyway but if I take a couple more Kavinace it sends me back to sleep till 9.

I'm on vacation this week. I'll have to work out the right combo to not have to re-administer as much in the early a.m. if possible so I can get up earlier for work.

For now though the restful sleep has been such a welcome relief.

Posts: 154 | From Boston | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i take the lowest dose of remeron. Just started a few months ago. It helps with sleep and some depression.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flexeril is what helped me a lot.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
So many sleep Rx can be toxic to the ears. Some also toxic to the liver. Liver support can help but only to a point. Some good options here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Thanks Samlyme. Super helpful info.
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta if you try the kavinace will you let us know if it helped you? I currently take 1 mg melatonin, sometimes 1/2 valium, or part of a cbd(cannaboid)capsule, and/or magnesium lotion.

sometimes I combine a few, but not sure if that's safe. Just trying to get some sleep.

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried valerian root & chamomile tea both did not work as great as Lunesta. 1/2 pill 1hr before bed & it does the trick.

After the 1 hr it does make me hungry & as a result I have gained some unwanted weight. Sleeping pills are always tricky with liver & addictive, so I try to use them only when really needed.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to update.

Was taking Tranquil Sleep by Natural Factors. L-tryptophan, 5 HTP and melatonin. Mixed that with 3 more mg melatonin. And 50mg benedryl. And 5mg Sublinox. (zolpidem).

Kept getting adrenaline rushes. As soon as I lay flat my heart goes a mile a minute and I feel wide awake.

So then last week I added in 10g red bali kratom for pain and also sleepiness.

It helped for two days.

Now back to the drawing board.

Trying seroquel tonight with melatonin.

Sure hope somethinng works.

toneranger
Member # 44992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toneranger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta,

One thing that has helped me to an extent is flower essences. Might be worth reading about Bach Sleep Remedy and/or Field of Flowers by Energetix. It's a homeopathic product, designed to work on different energetic levels.

Posts: 13 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Greta- That's a lot of melatonin!

I used to take melatonin bc it did work to put me to sleep, but after a while I started getting paradoxical reactions from it. I seem to recall studies that show most melatonin OTC supplements are overkill and that we only need 1mg or even less.

Also note that both 5 HTP and L-tryptophan encourage serotonin which then may convert to melatonin.

I personally only take the 5 HTP and not melatonin directly with the reasoning that serotonin will convert as needed.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Thanks so much toneranger and VV.

Maybe I'll try half the melatonin tonight with the seroquel and benedryl.

I'm so cranky today because of not sleeping and probably bart agitation.

lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have had luck with Organic India "Peaceful Sleep".

Also Mountain Rose Herb's Melissa tea. We throw

about 1.5 tsp of dry herb in boiled water and let

steep for 10 minutes.

Pain in the bones - one possibility could be

homeopathic Eupatorium perfoliatum if it

is the kind of bone pain like one feels

when they are coming down with the flu or Dengue

fever.

http://abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Eup-per

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Is that a tea, lookup? I think I might have that brand Holy Basil. I will keep my eyes open for the sleep kind from that brand.

Yes! That is totally the bone pain! Thanks for the homeopathic suggestion.

Do you recommend a specific brand of homeopathy tablets?

Thanks!

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still love my vistaril...but it is prescriptuon

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi GretaM, Peaceful Sleep comes in gel caps. It

really helped insomnia and also a wired but tired

feeling.

Mostly in the USA the homeopathic brand commonly

found in stores is Boiron and Hyland. They

are both good. Boiron is sucrose based pellets

and Hyland is lactose based (dissolves immediately

in mouth).

Here's some other Bach Flower possibilities:

Rescue Remedy and Rescue Sleep (mentioned above)

Impatience- irritable about not sleeping

White chestnut- repetitive churning thoughts

Vervain- over-excitement

Mimulus - afraid to go to bed because of not being

able to sleep

One can also pull reflexology into a sleep

promoting strategy. Massage the ends of the toes

(reflexology points for brain) with lavender oil.

I hope something helps. Insomnia isn't any fun at

all!

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Thanks so much LP and lookup for your suggestions.

I recoqnize the boiron and hylands brand I will look at my health food store for it.

Thanks again

[group hug]

lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

All the best to you GretaM. Hope you can catch

some Zzzzs!

NeedHelpLymeDis
Member # 44394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeedHelpLymeDis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gabapentin definitely helped me sleep. It also addressed my (past) nerve pain.

Another drug that made me sleepy and helped with my (past) pain was imipramine.

However, it was more difficult for me to stop taking the imipramine due to nausea. But it helped me a lot.

Imipramine can also have antidepressant properties.

I also took trazadone, which worked really well for me. Ambien and Ambien extended release did not work for me.

Trazadone does not help with pain.

I have no current knowledge of side effects. What I can tell you is that you have to find what works for you.

When it comes to sleep, everyone is different. What works for one person might not work for another.

Just be very careful mixing medication for sleep. That can be risky.

Always include a complete list of medications to every doctor so your doctor can check for drug interactions.

Hang in there!

Posts: 20 | From Orange County, CA | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlesprout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlesprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using silent night by nature's way along w low dose bendryl Working. Very well for me. Always have had sleep issues
Posts: 315 | From USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Greta. I've been going through my own dilemma. Right now what seems to be working is a product called sleep tonight by enzymatic therapy. It's supposed to work on cortisol and stress. It has gotten me down to only 2.5m of ambien. I take a half a sleep tonight at 8 and a half of ambien at bed time 10/11. When I have time off I'll try a whole sleep tonight and no ambien.

http://www.enzymatictherapy.com/Products/Energy/Sleep/00458-Sleep-Tonight.aspx

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamalicious
Member # 43611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mamalicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have added Deep Sleep per my LLMD to my current Intermezzo (low dose Ambien) It comes in 3.5. I also take progesterone 200mg which helps. I often need 2 Intermezzo. I am sleeping better but still wake too early 4;30 -5 then struggle...
Posts: 97 | From Rockwall,TX | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inositol or GABA. Didn't really work for me, but I have heard it is effective for some folks.

Good reviews on Amazon.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement