LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » fry bug

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fry bug
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me if my symptoms are indicative of having the fry bug? I'm tired all the time, I sleep 11 hours a day , I'm in pain all the time , mostly muscle pain, jaw pain, shin pain, and achiness of my joints. if so what doses are people taking off ivermectin everyday because I've heard that some people are taking doses as high as 50 milligrams a day
Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds more like babesia to me.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does sound like babs.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fry bug and babs are about the same symptoms. Always thought I had babs until going to dr.F.

I do not take ivermectin for it. Some people do, some people do not. It doesn't work for everyone.

I don't have a lot of pain in muscles. But the night sweats, fatigue etc is constant.

What are your Vit D3 levels?

As with any of these infections, different combo of drugs can help one person and not the other. We have to find what 'works' and go with it. Ivermectin would not work on me..... thus I take other things.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hadlyme,

Take other things like........?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ughhh WHAT DOSE ARE PEOPLE TAKING THE IVERMECTIN!!
Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

I'm sorry but I'm frustrated because people aren't answering my question and I don't feel good
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look it up in here. You'll find lots of info on what they take of it. Search under the protozoan name.

I take a combo of things. I have done this for years, so I'm on a sort of maintenance type thing. Might not work for everyone.

Low fat, but I don't follow it all that much... I do gluten free and love the way I feel. Whole food type of eating.

I also do Zithromax, malerone, and diflucan. I switch them off every week or so. I only see Dr. F now every 6 months after moving away from Scottsdale!!!! [Frown]

It keeps me 'normal'.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Look for posts from nefferdun. She would be the one to ask, and see her posts on what she has done.

--------------------

SickSci
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi k -

Tried to PM you a couple times, but your box is full.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to post dosages on a public string, so maybe that's why no one is responding directly...

--------------------
-------------
- Working Dx: Protozoa x3, Bartonella
- Tx: Biaxin, Mycobutin, Ivermectin, boluoke, serapeptase, allimed, silver ACS 200 spray, Mg, Iodoral, fish oil, Vit's B, C, D, NAC, etc

Posts: 121 | From Nc | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
[email protected]
Member # 40097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmomlq@yahoo.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hadlyme,
How much Mal. do you take? I think I'm dealing w/Fry's bug- no money for test, but diet has helped. Tx'd babs 6 mos w/Mal in '12.

Posts: 8 | From NV | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
[email protected]
Member # 40097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmomlq@yahoo.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hadlyme,
How much Mal. do you take? I think I'm dealing w/Fry's bug- no money for test, but diet has helped. Tx'd babs 6 mos w/Mal in '12.

Posts: 8 | From NV | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People start at 3mg usually and work up to 12mg
That is what the doctor recommends.
Never heard of the 50 you mentioned.
>???

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12mg a day is the standard dosage most people use, but klinghardt goes as high as 12mg 4 times a day for 2 weeks in his parasite treatment protocol.
For long term treatment you want to stick with the 12mg one time a day i suppose.

Posts: 381 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

cmomlq, I do about 10 days of malarone, then about 7 days of zith, then about 5-6 days of diflucan. I rotate them. Last I saw my dr. he said to take the malarone more than any of the others. This combo has kept me 'good' for years.

Started on progesterone/estrogen cream, and night sweats have gone away! So not everything we're going through might be protozoan or lyme related.

Glad to not be sweating like I used to! This cream was prescribed and is made at a compounding pharmacy. My obgyn and dr. Fry work together to make sure all bases are covered in the right way.

--------------------

springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Had
Would you mind sharing who your gyno
Is ? I am not thrilled with mine lately and
Iooking for a good referral.

Thanks much.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

She's on Tatum between Catcus and Shea... Camelback Women's Clinic. I see Julie Bergdahl. She's older and uses a lot of natural things!

I love her! They have a patient portal that we email back and forth my progress now from Montana! She's goes the extra mile for sure!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement