LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Liver Causing Extreme Gut Wrenching PAIN

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Liver Causing Extreme Gut Wrenching PAIN
Annie C
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help me. I've been taking Tylenol everyday for Lyme migraines headaches body the whole gamut of pain.
I took Vicodin for 10 years. Yup got addict. So I went cold turkey w/o a treatment center.

Soooo I've been taking Tylenol instead. Can't take aspirin at all and now I'm scared that it has affected my liver. I bought a liver cleanse. And drinking apple cider for nausea and it really helps the liver.

Ironically I can't take Tylenol for my major migraine that I woke up with. No Drs or a hospital that could help me.

I'm a survivor so far. Just can't believe that my liver is painful and boy oh boy it's very angry. I know there's so many of us here. It helps so much to be able to unleash my anger too.

Anyone have any ideas. I really want to just scream and scream. Because the blood that leaves the liver goes straight to the heart. Very bad unfiltered blood leaving the liver not good.

Right now this place here is all I have to talk to anyone. The pain is worse than labor pains. I'm sweating and freezing at the same time. But that's the Lyme.

I want to say thank you for the years people depend on this place. We all understand what each and every one goes through daily. Thanks for reading and reading and reading.

It's all about Hope. [group hug] over 20 thousand hugs. That's for all the registered members. It's really over 43 thousand. Life would be so much harder to deal without all of you.

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The antidote to acetaminophen overdose is N-acetylcysteine (NAC). It is most effective when given within 8 hours of ingesting acetaminophen."

--from http://www.emedicinehealth.com/acetaminophen_tylenol_poisoning/article_em.htm

If you have N-AcetylCysteine on hand, you might consider taking some to help your liver...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't overdosed. At least not that I know of. I think it's because I take it every day for Lyme joint pain etc..

And I have no family within 2000 miles. I've lost friends cuz of Lyme and I'm in an emotional spiral. Just when I thought I couldn't feel worse. Bam my liver actually feels hot. Am I making sense or am I sounding confused???

Thank you for the web site.

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Annie,

NAC is still what helps. And some other liver support, too.

ANY acetaminophen can be an overdose, actually, for someone with mitochondrial impairment that comes with lyme.

Any dose will block all the body's cells from being able to use, and the liver make - glutathione. Glutathione is essential to being able to move even "regular" metabolic waste out of cells.

Add a toxic infection with increased metabolic waste from that and it can be very dangerous to the liver to have mitochondria blocking glutathione.

That can lead to liver impairment and damage, even from a single dose. Detail in link below.

Most often there are other things beside acetaminophen (in Tylenol and many other OTC products, too) that those with lyme finds works better and is safer not just for the liver but for all the cells.

I know it's hard to hear this . . . still . . . there are other things that can ultimately help better with the pain. And when the liver is not as stressed, when mitochondria are not knocked out, pain can lighten up, too.

Turmeric, massage, etc.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Maybe a friend or relative can go out to your closest vitamin store -- better if you happen to have a natural foods store nearby as they may carry better brands of

NAC -- ask the person in the wellness aisle for the best quality one. You can sort out later the brand choices and learn more about how to select a quality one.

Drink a good amount of water.

Lie down and rest with a heating pad or hot water bottle / warm compress on your mid-right belly.

You can GENTLY massage but don't go digging around. The massage, water, NAC . . . should help.

Be sure you're not dealing with appendix issues, though. that is not always where we think it is, far lower right, usually (but not always).

If you don't have anyone to get to the store . . .(or even if you do) . . . if you could get good colorful vegetables into you, that is really important.

The carbohydrates are vital / veggies can help if there are increased porphyrins that are causing some of the symptoms. Juiced would be best, if possible. Or run softer yet still very bright and colorful veggies through a blender with some water.

BRIGHT FRUITS are also excellent liver help and often more accessible to our cells in an emergency.

Just take it one step at a time. I hope you feel better
-

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
milk thistle.

I have a fatty liver and I can feel pain occasionally there.

I try to never take painkillers. my sister who has ra is addicted to them.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
What you may have on hand in your spice collection:

Turmeric, Ginger, Sea Salt (just a little bit of salt mixed with about 1/4 tsp of turmeric, less of the ginger).

If you can't get someone go out for you and get NAC / Milk Thistle, today. For the time being, you could mix up some kitchen spices in warm water and drink. Follow with some clear warm water so the spices don't lodge in your throat / esophagus.

And . . . the bright fruits and veggies are still vital. (I read in previous threads that you have not been on abx for a long time yet if candida is still an issue, just take fruit with a meal to balance the sugar. The liver NEEDS this kind of plant sugar when in distress.

Black rice, black beans also very helpful.
-

Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Keebler and Randibear. This is great info. Not only for me but all those that might need it to. And I'm reading and typing on my cell phone. And I'm grateful to have it.

I've been drinking Lemmon water. I had to take more Tylenol about 45 min ago for bad headache. And liver is letting me know. I'm going to re-read your posts and go to web sites and get me an education.

One would think after 15 years of treatments and Lymenet. I would know. But being this is a first for me and my liver. Hey it's a catchy song. Me and My Liver. Oh well I hope you smile.

I've really learned a lot today. [group hug]

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Me and My Liver" - song for Annie C

1st verse:

"Me and my liver,
Hope these ideas deliver,
Don't need no liver pain,
Need to go sane."

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
In the Liver Support thread is another thread on safe pain relief. Good luck.
-

springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffee enemas may help accelerate the liver to cleanse and get it cleared but use above ideas for intake.
Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I'm very allergic to most all pain relievers (all over-the-counter & most rx), here's what I use for pain management:

Magnesium - great for muscle pain, cramping. If it doesn't help, add magnesium and make sure you are drinking enough water.

Stinging Nettle Leaf - powder, capsules, tincture, tea - great for joint pain. Buhner recommends 1200mg/day in his book.

Heating pad or hot water bottle - one of the only things that helps when I have cramps with my monthly cycle. Great for muscle pain & some types of nerve pain.

Homeopathic remedies:

Arnica - pain of any kind, especially bruised soreness type pains. Pain from injury to soft tissue.

Hypericum - nerve pain, injury to fingers & toes (lots of nerve endings therefore tends to be more painful than injuries elsewhere), puncture wounds. Fixed pain that wouldn't go away after I had a chest tube removed (for pleural effusion). Sharp, stinging, shooting pain.

Causticum - great for sciatica-type leg pains.

Nux V. - good for abdominal cramping & pain from digestive distress, heartburn, indigestion. I've had Nux help bowel obstruction pain...

Rhus Tox - good for joint pain that improves with movement.

Ruta - good for tailbone injuries, joint pain that's worse from movement.

I've used all of these homeopathic remedies at some point or another, with varying degrees of success. Generally, the sooner you take the remedy to the start of symptoms, the more effective it is.

Headaches are more complicated - some of my headaches have responded favorably to homeopathic Pulsatilla (especially if hormones are involved).

Benadryl can also be helpful for nerve pain (histamine is a neurotransmitter, therefore blocking histamine sometimes helps reduce pain).

I've heard Vitamin B6 + Magnesium can be helpful for migraines...not tried it...

I used to get relief for migraines from Imatrex, then discovered gluten and corn were causing my migraines...corn-free & gluten-free diet = no more migraines for me [Smile]

Chiropractic adjustment can sometimes also help with some kinds of pain, even headaches, if they are caused by misalignments in the spine.

Massage therapy helps chronically sore muscles if you get a good therapist...essential oils (thyme, oregano, basil, peppermint, wintergreen, balsam fir, clove, marjoram, PanAway, AromaSiez, etc.) can also be helpful for this.

I hope this helps...take care,

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement