LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » DCIS Breast cancer again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DCIS Breast cancer again
Crawgir1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crawgir1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After being treated only for a year, after having Lyme and Babesia for 12 years, I am only starting to get my energy back and feeling half okay.

Now I'm facing more surgery, possibly as much as a mastectomy (again), as little as a lumpectomy (which would include radiation as well).

Each time I've had surgery, the more time on the table, the more the Lyme gets a good foothold and about kicks my butt.

Any ideas on how to fore-arm myself?

Posts: 123 | From Pawleys Island SC | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crawgir1, I am very sorry you are dealing with cancer again.

Definitely speak with your Lyme doctor about this to ensure you are being properly treated during this time.

I pray that your surgery goes well and that you continue to feel better.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m very sorry to hear that you are facing such a challenge. I was diagnosed with IDC while 3 years into undiagnosed lyme disease and coinfections, and very ill.

Some things that helped me were:

*Being treated for the breast cancer at a highly rated breast center at a city hospital. Great surgeon, oncologist, and genetic counselor.

*My oncologist factored in my debilitating fatigue to my treatment.

*Working with a naturopath who specialized in breast cancer treatment. She helped me with nutritional and dietary support; vitamins and supplements to take; immune system and detoxification support; encouragement and emotional support.

*Finding a breast cancer support group.

*Using supportive therapies such as qigong, massage, acupuncture and energy healing.

*Support of family and a few friends.

*Book: “How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine” by Michael Murray, ND.

*Visualization and meditation CDs.

Sincerely wishing you the best. Hope and healing.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im so sorry crawgirl. I just had my one year anniversary for first lumpectomy. I know its great to get a good check up but the worry never goes away

Hopeful has some good advice

I know i have thought it thru and decided i wasnt going to have one lumpectomy. After another like some do. I will have mastectomy and maybe double if they find something gain

I hope you are happy with your docs and have support

Ive been fighting lyme 30 years and under extra stress lately and think that is why i got the cancer. But my mom had double mastectimy si maybe there is more to it than stress and lyme

Take care of yourself. I will be praying it goes well

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont want to hijack this thread but hopeful your mailbix is full

i know where your online name comes from. You are a brave woman to fight both cancer and lyme

I keep having different sx and gyn and oncilogist check me alot...i also have cysts on ovary and a precancerous skin problem in genital area

I would like to know how you find a "good" cancer team. I was not happy with many parts of my experience...but dont know how to find better doc

I found the best doc around for knee replacement...buthave not been able to figure out the breast cance care

The closest hospital is a sattalite of mass generalin boston...and you just feel like a piece of meat getting worked on by robots

Thanks and hope you stay well

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently watched a program I recorded last year or the year before that had Suzanne Somers on it. It was really good. She said not to buy into old thinking.

Her doctor told her that cancer is manageable. She said if you give it what it wants, it will leave you alone. Her doc told her that the whole thing is to keep the liver detoxed. Cancer wants a detoxed body and good nutrition.

I also recently watched something I recorded from the Lisa Oz show. Lisa's guest was Kris Carr, author of Crazy Sexy Cancer. Here are my notes:

Kris said "Crazy sexy means out of the box thinking." She redefined cancer for herself. She said to take charge of your health in three ways:

1. What you're eating
2. What you're drinking
3. What you're thinking

She said food can change your DNA so you will have a better chance for survival and longevity. She said disease rates soar when people eat bad. She also said that eating well helps clear up auto immune issues.

She eats a well balanced plant based diet (vegan). She said stress is the root cause of chronic disease.

She said she did an emotional, physical shift. The shift comes from a level of deep acceptance, befriending herself, loving herself and having her own back no matter what.

She said that everybody's got something, and to put energy and love towards healing that part of yourself and you will set yourself up for ultimate success. She also recommended to start juicing.

I would do the plant based diet and coffee enemas.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lpkayak--

Sending you a PM.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crawgir1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crawgir1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the helpful advice! I do have a wonderful cancer team, Hollings Cancer Center at MUSC in Charleston SC.

My case may be genetic, so even with all the clean living and good diet, the cancer has reappeared in the other breast, and may eventually affect my ovaries as well.

I know I have the best care I can get, and they do understand that the Lyme and Babesia affects the treatment and outcome, so I am blessed to have so much understanding from my medical team.

Y'all are wonderful support when I need it too! [kiss]

Posts: 123 | From Pawleys Island SC | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Splashi1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Splashi1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crawgirl, I don't have any real advice that can add to what the others have said, I just want to say that sometimes we do all the "right" things and cancer takes a foothold regardless.

I do believe that "clean living" and good diet is helpful, along with rest and doing things that bring you peace and comfort. I also think that acceptance (of course, easier said than done) is a big part of the journey.

Don't beat yourself up for being human. Surround yourself as much as possible with people who will love and care for you, and try to get the best out of life that you can possibly manage, which might even mean occasional cheating! :-)

Posts: 141 | From East Coast USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hi splashi...great suggestions

--------------------

oceangirlSA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oceangirlSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry you are going through this, but I am so pleased to hear you have a supportive medical team.

Since Lyme and babesia are enough to make anyone feel bad, I can't imagine how you are dealing with this.

I always find prayer and retail therapy do me a lot of good during difficult times, as well as being with people who love me and help me keep positive.

Sending you hugs! [group hug]

Posts: 187 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD works with an NP.

I had a breast issue in the past where I had fever, swollen lymph nodes and my regular docs thought I had breast cancer. I had 2 mammograms.

My LLMD was very good they gave me this:
http://www.heel.com/Heel-com-Lymphomyosot-English.html

and taught me how to inject myself.

Then they gave me Zithromax with Bactrim, art and crypto.

It resolved the stuff.

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement