LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tularemia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tularemia
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does equivical for tularemia mean just exposed. Supposed yo be less than 20, mine is 20. Would u treat? Still a mess going on Iv. Dies it mean I was just exposed? Thanks

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested equiv. My titers are 40 and holding at that number. Dr. H. has me on Doxy and will see what happens when I stop Doxy. If I get sick or titers don't go down then its IV Gentamycin.

Titers can cross react w/ Brucella and a few others. I could not even tell you what was /is Tularemia symptoms......I feel fine but there is a big relapse rate when using Doxy.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
desertwind,

If you do IV Gentamycin, it's important to know first that it's extremely ototoxic. Liver support can help with some ototoxic medicines (maybe, at least to some degree).

Because it can cause deafness, it would be best - with gentamycin - to search the medical literature and find a LL neurotologist who could confer with your treating doctor so that the ear / hearing protection could be well in place.

If you might have access to a rife machine, that might be a safer way to go than with gentamycin. I sure would never touch it. I'm not sure there is anything that can be protective enough for hearing / vestibular system, with certainty.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. H. Putting me on Iv rocephin cause of what's going on. My past history with depersonalization cleared up with it most the time.

[ 08-17-2014, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: lyme in Putnam ]

--------------------

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lyme; Are you saying Dr. H. is putting you on IV Rocephin to treat Tularemia or for your other TBI's? Rocephin was not mentioned to me as a treatment for Tulameria - but I am allergic to it so could not take it anyway. I certainly hope it helps with your dp/dr issues. I am off Doxy and waiting to see how I feel and what happens to my titers. Hope you feel better.

Keebler; Thanks for the info. I did read about those dangerous side effects and am very hesitant to do the Gentamycin unless my titers go up. I have stopped Doxy and will see what happens. I am hoping it was either a cross reaction to something else or that it was mild and the Doxy took care of it. I never even knew I had it- just thought it was your run of the mill lyme from a recent bite. Just not a safe world anymore....

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Im not sure anyone knows what to do at this point. I did byron white EB A-Tula. Rocephine always helped me come bak to me so he said if not, Im going to iv vancomyacin Be well.

--------------------

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved loved loved gentamycin.

(before lyme dx, but after bullseye EM)

it really helped me at the time. Not for tul but
For bart I think.

A relative got tularemia from a moose tick and was misdiagnosed for months.

Terrible sores on limbs. Misdiagnosed as impetigo.

Not sure what other symptoms of tularemia are.

Hope rocephin helps LIP. It helped me. A godsend. Took 8 months but worth every penny.
[group hug]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.medindia.net/drugs/medical-condition/tularemia.htm

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

thanks everybody.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement