LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Favorite ways to detox?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite ways to detox?
campermom
Member # 39856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for campermom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lyme Friends,

What are you favorite and most effective ways to detox?

Posts: 53 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Rather than actively "detox" which can be a bit too much of a push, I prefer to give my liver & kidneys (and skin) nutrients so they have an easier job of it. We don't really "detox" anyway in that we can't push the process as much as facilitate it while our organs do the work.

I really like Schizandra. Favorite way, though: water. I wish I had realized the importance of water all those years ago when I drank so much diet soda. Oy, Vey!

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot baths & sweat for me. Most of the time it eases my symptoms. The heat also calms down the spirochetes & puts them into cyst mode, at least for me it appears to be the case.

Not all react to heat well though & I get light headed & heart rate increase when I go too hot.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good sweat always makes me feel better.

Either through my IR sauna or a hot bath (when I am having a bad day), or through exercise (on a good day).

Epsom baths feel good, but I don't find it helps the "toxic" feeling I have.

Only hardcore sweating hels that.

I also take binders, chlorella, activated charcoal and diecetomous earth. Those do wonders.

Also IV glutathione helped me a bunch back when I was doing IV abx.

There's a product called "Emergen-C". Powdered electrolyte mix. There is a "light" version with less sugar.

I mix it in water when I go for sweating, otherwise my muscles cramp after.

Note to very sick: sweating too much, or too much heat can make things worse. Start low and go slow [Smile]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Warmth can be very helpful. And it need not be actually hot -- very few can tolerate heat, really.

Those who can "do" heat seem to know who they are but many - especially new to the changes lyme can bring can be caught off guard so the advice from posters above to start low and slow is good.

Still, even cozy warmth can be enough to increase circulation - a major goal. And even a cozy warmth will promote sweat - buckets need not be the goal here. Cozy, warmth, that "ahhhh" not only feels good - it's a good that will work for most.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there is a really long thread on here about this. Maybe do a search

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffee enemas for me is first, second place is a long way away but then oral powdered magnesium or magnesium baths.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chlorella and MSM (sulphur), both do miracle. I add to these fish oils, it makes me feel better.

Sometimes I feel ghee butter also does wonders. I just consumed it in greater amounts, only later I discovered the Indians take it in great amount to clean their bodies too!

Foot baths with a lot of sea salt (I use Dead Sea salt). Very hot water. It is already relaxing.

Another thing that relaxes, are pure oils rubbed on the whole body. I think it sort of pulls out toxins from the skin. I feel really good when I use oils like jojoba, for instance.

But for lyme, herxes, I think I still would vote chlorella in great amounts, plus MSM in great amounts too!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the lighter side of detox:

I call roto rooter to get all the sludge out. I call stanley steamer to work on the intestines. Then I use scrubby bubbles to get what ever is left over in the kidneys and liver. Then a pest control service to get out those nasty bugs and rodents.

It's best to get a one year service contract with some of these companies so you can enjoy a discount. [lol]

I think we have to do one more thing I've discovered. A good coq10 with LEDs to increase the ATP in the body to support detoxification.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffee enemas.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Natura cleanse is one that I use yearly (sometimes twice a year) now that I'm well just to keep up on things.

These are other things I found to help:

Coffee enemas
Epsom salt baths
EXERCISE (you have to move every day even if it's a little bit)
Dry skin brushing
Rebounding (counts as exercise)
FIR sauna
Hulda Clark liver cleanse
Massage
Eat healthy with lots of different colored vegetables

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffee enemas, by far my most powerful detox tool. Once you get the hang of it, it's quick and easy.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the "Detox Support Thread" link:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/92530?

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does chlorella and cilantro count? that is all I do. I probably need more.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement