LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Don't know what to eat/gallbladder/too thin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't know what to eat/gallbladder/too thin
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi- had my GB out. I was skinny to begin with, now I've lost weight, and I'm worried.

I don't know what to eat- fats aren't going well- eating lots of coconut oil (the 1 fat that uses liver) but...

I'm at a loss. Gluten free, dairy free. I was Paleo, but now I'm eating GF grains. Taking digestive enzymes, don't really help it seems, bile salts coming tomorrow.

Don't know what to do here. My guts not doing too well, nor me, really. On and off low grade fever, I am going to have to do an antibiotic (first time in about 2 yrs). 96 pounds :-/

Any ideas? Eat dairy again? Yeast is always around the corner, too.
Thanks--

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about hemp protein powder?

It has good fats, fibre and good protein.

The natural ones tend to have no added gunk like colours and are sweetened with stevia.

Tastes pretty good in a smoothie with cashew/almond milk and some ice cubes.

Sorry to hear about the stomach distress surprise.

I don't know much about gallbladder stuff.

Pea protein is also an option but I prefer hemp protein powder myself.

if chia seeds don't bother you, a nice treat is soaked chia seeds (24 hours at least for me) with some blueberries and organic canned coconut cream over top. It's like a runny jello.

pumpkin (might be a yeast issue eventually) is very high in fibre and also tastes good warmed up with cinnamon, nutmeg and cocnut cream over top.

Quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat are yummy with coconut cream on top.

Also, what about salmon. Higher in fat but protein might offset it a bit.

Sorry you are feeling crummy surprise .
[group hug]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprise, so sorry to hear this. :(

I cheated a little bit and ate some deserts (couldn't do it for very long though--few weeks and did gain 5 lbs). Deserts were not gluten free or dairy free. I did need more anti yeast stuff though.

Also, it has taken some time but eating late at night has helped me gain more wight. Maybe not the best thing to do, but it worked. I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Greta, great suggestions, going to the store tomorrow morning, will write these down.

I never, ever run fevers, and a low grade one makes me feel like what I imagine normal people feel at 103. It's at 99.9, so

I took an antibiotic after I wrote this- I'm going to try for 7 days. No congestion, no sore throat- it all looks like gut infection/ stir up, I haven't 'caught' anything new.

--------------------
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Thanks Catgirl-- yeah, I am cruising the dessert section tomorrow, too. Sounds like fun, but I feel like ca ca.

--------------------
doing okay!

surprise
Member # 34987

I don't have any stones. And when they took my GB out 2 1/2 weeks ago, the pathology report did not report stones.

It was just 'very inflamed' and surgeon said 'adhesions and inflammation'.

Sounds like a lyme/Bart/ klebsiella/ whatever bacteria party found a weak area, and previous treatments for infections couldn't break through GB wall.

Now I feel like it stirred up, hence fever, other symptoms, immune system was down from surgery.

--------------------
doing okay!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would not add dairy .. it is really as bad as gluten for most of us.

Are you able to eat nuts?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I'm so sorry Surprise!
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Thanks--

I love nuts, almond flour, nut butters, etc. I don't miss dairy one bit, not even cheese,

but with all the nuts, running into the fat issue. I think I am still learning/ adjusting. Hopefully the bile salts/ ox bile/ whatever I ordered will help.

I am still very glad I got the GB out.

--------------------
doing okay!

mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I stopped losing wait, I was on Babesia medicine plus sleep meds.

The second time I gained weight was with seroquel, which also helped me sleep.

Also, infrared sauna seemed to stop weight loss, but check with your doc since you just had surgery

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprise, I think I was in the same situation as you... I understand your problem as I am super skinny too and kept losing weight during lyme, despite having eaten properly.

Allergy free tests: energy tests, fast and for me, efficient: I only ate what tested. I could eat ghee butter in spoons, when I needed...

My daughter have gall-bladder problem: difficulty to digest fats and proteins. She is also skinny. The only treatments we are doing for her are:

- Bitter herbs in tinctures after eating to increase bile (without it, there is problem to digest many foods).

- homeopathics tested for gall bladder and liver: we recently added homeopathics for her GI tract too, to help digestion too.

My problem during lyme was that, despite all I ate, good stuff, I kept losing weight. My theory is that my body needed all that to fight infections and keep clean... I couldn't stop losing weight until lyme got under control.

As for low body temperature, that problem remained with me. Now I'm on high see weed intake (due to iodine) and I do think it is working, after SO MANY years of low body temperature.

Another thing that helped a bit was zinc supplementation, but the process is slow (KPU problem).

I do hope you find some help. My problem of candida is DIRECTLY linked to low body temperature, as I only get it during winter. So really, increasing body temperature is of maximum importance.

A last tip: electrolytes. Add a bit of Himalayan salt to anything you take, water, soup... Without electrolytes, nothing works well in our cells. I drank my liter electrolyte bottle when I was very sick, daily. Very inexpensive, and I think it worths.

If I were you, I would also add Omega 3 supplements, every day, even if you consume fish.

Crossing fingers for you!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try fermented foods and bone broth. Both of which are really healing for the gut.

Another good choice is Vega One Powder. I used that when I was trying to keep from losing anymore weight and was dairy free etc too.

It can be pricey but it beat all the other drinks that were suggested. Truthfully, it is carbs that cause most of us to gain weight.

I would research what carbs to eat that are grain free and eat as much of those as you possibly can.

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oceangirlSA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oceangirlSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Surprise

Have you tried limiting foods high in oxolates? If you have gut inflammation these foods can cause more problems for you.

There is quite alot of information online about low oxolate diets.

Posts: 187 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprise-how are you feeling today? Are the abx helping you?

Sorry to hear it sounds like a TBD was festering in your gallbladder for a long while.

I hope getting the gb out means the last stronghold for bart is gone now.

I know what you mean about low grade fevers.

I normally run at 97-97.5. When I hit 99, it is awful chills and shudders, bone pain and muscle cramping.

Pretty much how I imagine a healthy person feels at 102.

One time with food poisoning I hit 101 and I thought my body was literally going to blow apart, everything hurt.

I hope the levaquin helps and also good for you for loading up on magnesium.

Ever since Judie's experience I am frightened of the quinolones.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purplehaze
Member # 40385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purplehaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels,

yes, I can very much relate

Im eating a lot and good quality stuff and losing serious, serious weight

thing is, Im not even taking any treatments - intermittently yes but over past 6 months [when Ive lost most] Im not consuming any medication/supplements of any kind

in a number of weeks I intend to go on the Synergy Protocol

Posts: 69 | From Ireland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Thank you--- thanks for asking Greta---- yes, of course I too am afraid of Levaquin (and was the other 2x I've taken it),

but yes more so after our friend Judie has suffered so much. Insert swear words here for Bart and it's lack of treatable options!

I'm on day 3 of it, downing magnesium, vitamin C, and 4 cup epsom salt baths every night, no exercise, hyper vigilant.

I started eating more after I took it (hope it's not yeast!) and besides the first day, where I ahem *might* have been, shall we say, irritable,

I feel calmer. Fevers are gone. Some Bart foot on the soles feelings. I think I will always carry some Bart. But let's hope I am pounding out some more.

My aim is for 7 days, although I was given 14 days- 7 days Levaquin is what it says for after gallbladder surgery infection. I am too scared to go over 7 days. We'll see.

Thanks again for asking. My digestion is still interesting- ugh, but think the bile salts I now have help? Super hard for me to cut fat (I eat only good fats, but meat at night, etc. and love nuts).

--------------------
doing okay!

surprise
Member # 34987

Oh and Greta (my Bart warrior) I forgot one thing. I am having Bart die off, my Bart herx headache that starts somewhat tolerable

in the day, to intolerable/ ice packs on the head at night take a sleeping pill and sleep it off headache came back last night.

Know what reminded me? The pain behind my left eye headache that's creeping in now.

I have lots of detox here, as my daughter is currently in active treatment. I'm doing detox. Ain't Bart grand? xxoo

--------------------
doing okay!

GretaM
Member # 40917

Haha! Surprise! I can totally relate to being...

Slightly irritable

Hahahahahahahaha!

I upped my rif and within 36 hours was slightly, uh, snappy.

Bart is such a beast. When I started up the rif, my first step out of bed I fell over-thought the cats had broke something plastic and I was stepping on it. Nope, that was just the soles of my feet pretending to split apart.

Glad you are able to eat more. Impossible to heal if you aren't able to eat a variety of things.

I know what you mean about hypervigilant. When on lev I was the same way. Almost in a panic state to get into the epsom tub.

Let's don our kicking but and taking name bandana (ie: the ones that hold the ice packs to our heads) and do some bart kung-fu.

XOXO
Greta

GretaM
Member # 40917

Oh god yes. If you've got the brain pain like that...

Bartonella! Such an evil beast!

The neverending headache...just changes it's crescendo...

Argh.

When I take my rif I say, "Die suckers, die"

And sometimes if it's real bad, I switch the "s" for an "f" when I swallow the rif.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement