LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » High C4a

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: High C4a
WPinVA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD just tested my C4a level and it came back very high. Avg is under 2800 and mine is almost 14,000!

This is discouraging. Does anyone have thoughts or advice?

Trying to figure out what is keeping it so high 3+ years into treatment and also what to do about it?

I'm generally aware that causes can be infectious or mold related. Is there any way to figure out which is causing this?

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The tests my doc uses for mold is the urine assay from Real Time Labs.

It is expensive the first time. (around 700). But it does show 3 different species of molds.

If any show up then mold could be causing this.

Infections would be harder to narrow down.

If you are broke, I would try muscle testing from a reputable practioner to narrow what is the main issue for you.

Also, you could do home mold testing, which is around $200 I think.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaniMo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaniMo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had similar C4a test results.

What is a reputable company who does home mold testing?

Posts: 118 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, I'll ask about the urine assay test.

We have had our house looked at and tested several times. It's a very inexact science, which is why I was wondering if there is a way to test my body for mold exposure.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaniMo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaniMo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did some research on Real Time Labs, and found this scary info on its owner, Dr. Dennis G. Hooper:

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-kdday3dec07-story.html#page=1

FYI: He is the colleague of Dr. Joseph Brewer, who developed the mold protocol (nasal Ampho B and Chelating PX) my doctor has recommended:

http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.com/2014/03/dr-joseph-brewer-and-mycotoxins-update.html

Obviously, now I'm wary to try it.

Anyone else had any direct experience with this protocol?

Posts: 118 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaniMo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37384

I did some research on Real Time Labs, and found this scary info on its owner, Dr. Dennis G. Hooper:

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-kdday3dec07-story.html#page=1

FYI: He is the colleague of Dr. Joseph Brewer, who developed the mold protocol (nasal Ampho B and Chelating PX) my doctor has recommended:

http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.com/2014/03/dr-joseph-brewer-and-mycotoxins-update.html

Obviously, now I'm wary to try it.

Anyone else had any direct experience with this protocol?

TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If one has a normal C4a, does that pretty much rule out a fungal issue? Or, are there more important markers?
Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was high and eventually came down. I think I had an infection and it took some time to recover.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

We got our ERMI down to 2.87!! So I think the C4a is most likely due to infections. Right?

I am treating the infections. I know I am a horrible detoxer. About to start on chlorella.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for how to get the biotoxin level down?

thank you!

VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is C4a?
Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

it's an indicator of biotoxins.
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard Dr. H say infrared sauna was the best for detoxing micotoxins. I know there are other things on his list. Wish i knew them.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, it's just an indicator of inflammation. There is no 'proof' that it is from mold specifically,

I was told it can be from Lyme or mold. I got very turned off by this test with the whole Labcorp/ Jewish speciality lab back and forth that happened some years ago when we got this test.

I had it pulled before starting treatment, it was so high off the chart I thought my head would explode/ scared.

We ended up going thru the whole mold thing, it turns out it wasn't an issue, I just want to say be careful:

that mold trail cost us thousands of dollars.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
High C4a is a marker of Neurotoxicity.

It can be from Mold or really any infection causing these Neurotoxins.

Mine was in the 23,000 range and my doc said that was one of the highest levels she had seen!

What got mine down was Cholestyramine. It's a prescription binder that will bind to neurotoxins from the gullbladder and ferry it out of the body.

Chlorela is said to do the same thing but I don't think it's as strong. If you want to get rid of the high C4a I would recommend Cholestyramine.

I couldn't do the recommended scoop a day. I just did a teaspoon a day and had to take it with food but after a few years of this my C4a is now in the 3,000 range, still higher than normal but I'm still treating the infections.

Good luck

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Thanks for the replies! I tried cholestyramine once and got a horrible migraine and vomited.

I've heard it's great, but am a bit reluctant to try it again.

Anyone else had that issue?

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took it and felt nothing. Little constipated, but nothing. Did it for 2-3 months.
Ended up my gall bladder needed to be removed anyway.

I have heard people have bad reactions. I think Tu Tu was one.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Well, I took the chlorella and am feeling really crappy. I must be super sensitive to detox methods, which is frustrating because I really need to detox. Talk about a catch 22.
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about trying a coffee enema followed by an Epson salt bath?
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement