LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Relaspe question....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Relaspe question....
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those with chronic TBI's, when you are having what feels like a flare how long do you wait before getting back on abx.'s?

I am treating yeast pretty aggressively right now but starting to feel that old familiar feeling. Also on BW's.

LLMD says it is pretty much up to me when I want to start back on abx.'s. My hesitation is my ongoing yeast issue and not knowing what sx are coming from yeast and which ones are coming from TBI.'s. If I go back on abx.'s it will only make my yeast worse.

I am still functioning pretty well but starting to go downhill a bit. So how long do you wait to go back on?

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has your doc done any labs to get an idea of your fungal/yeast/candida load?

It may be helpful to get other markers for infection done as well. Things like CD57 and other immune markers.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea - thanks.

I was suppose to get the Real Time Mold test done but have not done it due to $$$$$$. I had hidden black mold in my house for 10 years so I know there is an issue.

Will get my CD57 done since that has not been checked in quite a long time.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does your doctor do any applied kinesiology/muscle testing? It can be very effective in determining what to treat for, and what to treat with. It could help you find out whether yeast alone is the issue, or whether you also have infections that need addressing.

Also, antibiotics are one way to treat. There are also many herbal treatments, maybe that's what you are using with BW (is that Byron White?).

Treating yeast can be so very challenging! The die-off can be miserable. Are you on a candida diet? Taking probiotics? That could also be helpful.

Hang in there. Best wishes.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I stopped abx, and started treating yeast, I called my LLMD in a panic- I was sure I was relapsing
I hung on- I kept getting worse. Then around 6 weeks later...I started to feel better and better. Today is 1 yr off abx- but those first 6 months were tought!!

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with all posts above. Treating yeast is awful, hard, long... Binders are essential.

Energy testing is a BIG help for this phase of healing, as you are almost done with lyme (or done with it, but want to get back to 100% and do not know how, what are the last problems, etc)

For me, energy testing was always a GREAT guide on treatment.

Every one, literally, will have to deal with yeast during lyme treatment or after.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Thanks everyone.

Yes, I take/have taken Byron Whites (A-L, A-Babs, A-FNG, A-P, Detox 2 and NT Detox)

I am still treating yeast and detoxing. For binders I take BW and Chlorella. Took a Diflucan last night and I am all twitchy today and feel like I have the flu so that says something!

I have not had any energy testing but know of a practitioner that has a good rep.

I still have elevated Tularemia titers so may need to re-address that issue soon. Treated for this nasty co-infection last year but not with the gold standard treatment.

It is like juggling so many different possibilities at once and that alone makes me tired! Thanks again for all the feedback. DW

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like yeast is an issue (if you react to Difl). Just go on treating it.

I know exactly what you mean by being tired of treatment.

I took 5 years of rest, but realized it was not the best thing as I kept loosing my teeth (to silent deaths!)...

Anyway, it was good for my spirit!!

If I were you, I would just concentrate on one thing at a time and treat it (like yeast). I'm sure you'll feel already much better when the fungi gets under control.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

quote:
Originally posted by Brussels:
It sounds like yeast is an issue (if you react to Difl). Just go on treating it.

I know exactly what you mean by being tired of treatment.

I took 5 years of rest, but realized it was not the best thing as I kept loosing my teeth (to silent deaths!)...

Anyway, it was good for my spirit!!

If I were you, I would just concentrate on one thing at a time and treat it (like yeast). I'm sure you'll feel already much better when the fungi gets under control.

Thanks for your feedback...I have been in this stuff since 2004 (though my first bite was in the 80's).

I am going to keep plugging away at yeast for now. Pulsing the Dif. and staying steady on herbals and pro.'s.

I have been off of abx.'s for 5,4, and 3 months. Dropping one at a time and really want to get a good base line of where my body is at.

What happened to your teeth????? That is one of my weak areas as well.

Anyway thanks again for your feedback!

Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been taking Pro-Biotics since 2005. You can start out with 1 billion - to - 10-90 billion. For starters start low and every day. AND make sure that if you are on Abx make sure to take the Pros are 2 hours before or after Abx.

I'm not a Dr I'm Pro for Probiotics this will really help with the unbalanced yeast beast

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

quote:
Originally posted by Annie C:
I've been taking Pro-Biotics since 2005. You can start out with 1 billion - to - 10-90 billion. For starters start low and every day. AND make sure that if you are on Abx make sure to take the Pros are 2 hours before or after Abx.

I'm not a Dr I'm Pro for Probiotics this will really help with the unbalanced yeast beast

Thank you. I have been taking probiotics since I started taking abx.'s back in 2004. I rotate VSL, Ultraflora, Theralac, Healthy Trinity and Jarrow. So I get sometimes upward to 450 billion a day! I also take Sach. B. on occasion. I take a bit less now that I am off abx.'s but still take them everyday.
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had been in remission but relapsed after my lung surgery.

My LLMD put me back on abx after running various market type tests. I actually didn't call him for a couple months as the symptoms were coming back since I felt it was just a fluke.

But as they grew, I was glad he stepped up to the plate to help out again.

In my case, it was the Babesia that came back so it was back to the drawing board.

With that said, I do understand that yeast can cause many of the same symptoms and any time we are on ABX for awhile, it is something to consider.

I do hope you can get it figured out and back to feeling less symptomatic.

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Desertwind... My teeth, I don't know. Some I lost during lyme, the others, possibly after. I did some root canals after I lost them to lyme, but didn't want to treat them after lyme got dormant more than 5 years ago.

I just was fed up with treatment. Only now, I'm restarting again (with teeth, candida etc).

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement