LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » remedy for kidney infection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: remedy for kidney infection?
Mvdr
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mvdr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yesterday I had a saliva and urine test done at the ND. It shows trace amounts of blood and elevated white blood count. I have had mild to moderate discomfort in the sides of the abdomen. Not always right where the kidneys are. I thought it was liver or Gallbladder pain.

I had been doing much better until these pains began. Now I feel run down and back to couch bound. I thought I might be relapsing.
Could this current issue cause me to feel so bad?

What can I take to fight a potential infection? Oil of Oregano?

He also said I was mineral deficient and started me on various mineral supplements. Thanks.

Posts: 143 | From Pittsburgh | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
It may not actually be kidney related, given what you say about the pain locations.

Your ND would be the best to advise treatment as he knows your body, your particular symptoms.

There could be a dozen or more suggestions here but your ND will likely be able to very quickly suggest the one best suited for you at this particular time. Seems he already suggested some new approach and may have all the bases covered.

If you don't see improvement in a week or so, you might contact him again. Anything else you do on your own could offset what he's already prescribed for this particular crinkle.

A warm compress and gentle massage may help relieve abdominal pain.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
If you want to list the brand, product name and manufacturer's ingredient list, I'll be glad to take a look and see if maybe your new items from your ND have some antimicrobial action. I'm not expert but have a fair acquaintance of some nutrients.

Others will also likely join in with their thoughts if we can see a list of ingredients. A direct link will do, no need to type it out.

Still, as he determined you are mineral deficient, that can certain cause pain and even immune issues. When the mineral deficient is corrected (or even as it's being addressed) the minerals can help your body in so very many ways so that may be adequate given the situation.

Still, a warm compress and gentle belly massage can work wonders, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just be very careful when treating with natural herbs, etc. A kidney infection can get serious really fast.

Balancing minerals is a great idea. I have found the most success with ReMag and ReLyte.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are you assuming you have a kidney infection? Nothing of what you state remotely points to that.

Kidney infections are VERY serious infections which are life-threatening and require hospitalization, IV abx and IV fluids.

The first thing you should do is request a urinalysis and culture from your doc if you think you have a UTI.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mvdr
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mvdr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to my regular ND yesterday (I had gone to the other one because he is an hour closer) and he said I have a UTI as well as a virus. I started homeopathic meds. immediately and straight unsweetened cranberry juice. I am much better today.

The good news the Lyme is much better! This is the first virus I've had in years. I wonder if that's because the Lyme is in check and my immune system is getting back to normal? Forgot to ask him.

Beaches, I would have to be on my death bed to go to a regular Dr. They could have killed me by missing the Lyme for so long. This time last year I thought I was about to die and 4 Drs. with the "#1 hospital system in Pa" said I had Fibromyalgia. I don't trust them and won't go that route again unless it's an emergency. NO MORE MDs FOR ME!! Peace.

Posts: 143 | From Pittsburgh | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you are feeling better. I get how docs miss Lyme.

But if/when a UTI progresses to kidney infection that just isn't something to fool around with, Lyme or not.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a chronic kidney infection with fever a few years back and my LLMD told me I had to be hospitalized. I was worried had a two year that no one could have taken care of. I juiced ever day especially cucumbers celery apples carrots. I did accupuncture weekly while accute/chronic infection. I did Renelix homeopathy. I did Pulsed electromagnetic sessions. And in 2 weeks my accute/chronic kidney infection went away. My LLMD was interested in knowing how I got better so I told her.
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mlg:
I had a chronic kidney infection with fever a few years back...
I juiced...did accupuncture...did Renelix homeopathy.

I did Pulsed electromagnetic sessions.

Mlg, you did pulsed electromagnetic therapy?
Did you feel the PEMF helped your kidneys?

I have used PEMF for kidney pain with good results.
PEMF is known to help heal infections.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes the PEMF helped substantially. I did it with a Dr K practitioner. I have 3 LLMD's my regular one, the one to help me sleep and the Dr K practitioner.
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Speaking as someone who has had numerous kidney infections requiring hospitalization, all this talk about juicing and pemf and other supposed remedies for "curing" kidney infections is bs.

I am 100 percent for natural remedies whenever possible. However. if you TRULY have a kidney infection you need oral abx at a minimum.

I am so tired of reading posts of people theorizing they have kidney problems or kidney infections because of whatever pain here or there (nowhere near the kidneys) or because of supposed detox issues. Give me a break. If you are peeing and your urine is clear, the news is good.

There are objective parameters to assess kidney disease and kidney/uti infection.

If any of you TRULY had a kidney infection, you'd feel like death warmed over and the ONLY cure would be IV abx.

mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

With all respect to everyone here

I had a positive blood and urine lab tests for kidney infection. I also had a fever at the time.

My main LLMD that diagnosed me is a top-notch well respected professional.

I used to not believe in lyme or chronic lyme, until I got sick. All 3 of my LLMD's were mainstream western medicine doctors until someone in their family got lyme.

I used to be skeptical of alternative treatment until I tried it with good results.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement