LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Low dose Naltrexone electrical shocks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Low dose Naltrexone electrical shocks
Joe Bob
Member # 45015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do the electrical shocks from starting LDN subside? Body and hands swollen too.
Posts: 58 | From GA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I would stop it. Seriously.

I did not have the electrical shocks but had major body / joint pain and increase inflammation as you are experiencing.

Did you start at a VERY low dose and take at least one week or longer for each step?

Even that way, it was really a very serious reaction for me. My body just could not do it. I was the worst I'd been in years during my 3 week ramp up - I toughed it out, did all the support but nothing helped.

And many can't. Those who seem to do well with it do well from early on, though with only minor issues for a couple days or so. IMO, you should not be having this intensity of reaction unless you ramped up too high too soon - or it's just a clear sign not for your body.

Also, seems best for those who have already completed good treatment for lyme & other tick-borne or chronic infections. If infections still need a lot of direct attention, this seems to not be a good idea.

At least that is what some conclude by comparing the good & bad outcomes in many previous threads.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
My best suggestion for right now, in addition to stopping the LDN [and on Monday, calling your LL doctor] is:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM - LINKS sets
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Bob
Member # 45015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on dose 2. I took 1ml each night. after first day had energy. Second morning, which is now , the shocks. After 4 hours they stopped???? I have had these shocks before when tampering of effexor, an antidepressant.
Posts: 58 | From GA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Bob
Member # 45015

Just read about the magnesium deficiency and shocks. Also said it causes numbness which both my arms were completely numb this morning. Going to take some Natural Calm Mag now. Keep the the advise coming and thanks.
This site has been the best resource for me.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
with "both my arms were completely numb this morning" - I would seek out Urgent Care to be sure there is not something going on with your heart, etc.

It may or may not be due to the LDN still, please call your doctor or go to Urgent Care. Numbness in arms could be an important sign. yes, it can be due to lyme / TBD, low magnesium, etc. but you'd want to rule out any cardiac event.

Glad you find the magnesium detail helpful. Keep that at hand. It can help in so many matters.

good luck. take care.
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement