LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild hyperbaric- is it worth the investment?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mild hyperbaric- is it worth the investment?
Mariel25
Member # 45205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariel25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am looking into a mild hyperbaric chamber as I have been on every possible drug and am still sick. It seems like everything I've tried is temporary and my body can't handle the drugs anymore. Herbs have provided short term relief as well. Tried Rife the other day after not having done it for over 2 years and feel like I've been electrocuted.

If anyone has used mild hyperbaric with successs please tell me. Very expensive but at this point I will mortgage my house to get help.

Posts: 61 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mariel25...

There is a thread on this forum I strongly suggest you read (all 9 pages):

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=125201;p=0

Mild hyperbaric (home chamber with supplemental oxygen) gave me my life back, med-free, from severe Neuro-Lyme and co-infections.

That said, it is a protocol that you need to commit to daily...over an extended time to expect results.

I have developed a cooperative hyperbaric project that assists people in obtaining chambers for a reduced cost through different options (I don't take compensation, and I don't represent any company). So, if you are interested in the program, you can PM me for more information or if you have questions.

A good resource on mild hyperbaric is a book by Dr. Paul Harch, entitled "The Oxygen Revolution".

I am also working on an educational website which I will share with anyone via PM.

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mariel, you will find many turning to mhbot after your exact story. I myself am one of them. This is where you turn when you have hit rock bottom. Thank God for Phoiph. She has been where both of us are.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Mild HBO can be well worth it, from what I've read.

Eyesight can be all fuzzy, though, for a few days after some "dives" just to know about that in advance. For some more than for others.

If your inner ear is at all trouble, that may need some thought, too.

A few years ago there was a wonderful blog by a young woman who did exceeding well with her own mild HBOT unit.

However, about your recent experience with rife: Sorry to hear of that icky fried feeling. Do you recall if you did 10K afterward? That is supposed to help calm down any reaction.

starting out (or staring over) just five minutes, just a couple frequencies is good to test the waters. It can be hard to know until afterward if we did too much -- or had the right support on hand.

Just to be sure you have the book, or to answer any questions you may have:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

Topic: RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vision changes are more often associated with higher pressure HBOT, and are usually temporary, however, some people have also experienced a worsening of cataracts with higher pressures. To my knowledge, this has not been an issue with lower pressures.

Ability to equalize the pressure in your ears when compressing and decompressing (like when flying) is something that most people are able to learn to do fairly easily, unless they have a head cold (in which case they should refrain from "diving").

For others (like me) who had severe ear inflammation from Lyme, it took a little time to work up to full pressure slowly and gently over several days...but after that, it was not a problem. (I have done over 1,000 "dives" to date.)

The difference I see between Rife and mHBOT, is that although they both have anti-pathogenic abilities, mHBOT has the advantage of healing properties as well...for example: stem cell release, nerve and blood vessel regeneration, reduction of inflammation, returning blood flow/decreased hypoperfusion, increased white blood cell production, switching "on" healing genes, improved detoxification, etc., etc., etc.

To illustrate what mHBOT can do, here are some before and after mHBOT SPECT scans of patients with different chronic brain conditions (download PDF from icon at bottom of page):

http://www.hbot.com/SPECT-imaging-PDF

Also, here's a short, informative, introductory video on how hyperbaric oxygen works in the body:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcSQQCzi1yg

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariel25
Member # 45205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariel25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I did the 10,000 frequency but I am still in severe nerve pain. I am not sure what if anything the Rife machine has done. I know others swear by it and I'm not a quitter but the suffering is too much to take.
Posts: 61 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we do Rife and the hbot at the same time?

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I personally would not recommend it...

From my own experience and observation, mHBOT is a very powerful treatment, and using it in combination with certain other therapies can interfere and be overwhelming to the system when people are very ill and toxic...

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In chamber as we speak! Hello!
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement