LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Allergies ??[ Histamine Intolerance ?] Getting concerned. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Allergies ??[ Histamine Intolerance ?] Getting concerned.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WPinVA:
Thank you for posting the link on green smoothies. that was fascinating.

I don't have most of the ailments mentioned, but I was drinking a lot of green smoothies when all these new allergies/sensitivities popped up. Do you think it might be related?

-
I think it was one of my triggers. Now perhaps I've had this for many years and the smoothies, etc pushed me over the edge.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

I am glad you found the info' link,on the green smoothies. And sorry to hear that probably was a big contributor to the Histamine Intolerance, for you.

Hopes and prayers that you,and all battling this, can get the Histamine overload, reduced enough to be able to eat safely again.

I think there is so much chemical junk in food now days that it is making the problems hugely worse.

My Dads cousin used to raise beef,and he wouldn't use any ABX,or any additives other than what was specifically required by law. His beef was delightfully tasty!

Just checking back in BBL...

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there <<<<< Histamine Intolerance/Allergy Fighters >>>>>,

Hope each of y'all are finding answers and improving!! I think I got a clue as to part of my issues, after my first initial mini-elimination diet challenge.

I don't do very much dairy, I never cared for just plain milk. Once in awhile, I use a small bit of heavy cream, as allowed in our Low Carb diet. I am modifying some more.

It seems the cream is to much for my system. And the Histamine bucket loads up a bit too quick, with cream. Who knows what histamines may be the problem. But likely Casein, like gluten, in the dairy product is an issue.

Sometimes it takes a bit for things to dawn on my brain, [Embarrassed] [bonk] Hopefully staying away from even a little cream will help, ease the situation.

Will be doing some more elimination challenges in the near future, as finances permit, and see what else may be part of this puzzle. I feel sorta stupid, for not connecting this earlier.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome sleuthing, Silver! Keep a'going!

It won't be long and you'll be out and about more often!!

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
delljen
Member # 25090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for delljen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver wolf - It is my belief that histamine reactions may be a symptom of gut/probiotic imbalance as well a stomach and liver enzyme imbalance.

There are probiotics that may help your histamine reaction as well as probiotics you should avoid in order to rebalance.

These are some of the probiotics that may be helpful because they degrade histamine Bifidobacterium infantis and then Lactobacillus rhamnosus and salivarius and sporogenes and Lactobacillus gasser.

These are some they say you should avoid, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus reuteri, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactococcus lactis, Enterococcus faecalis, and various types of E. coli.

In addition, there are certain enzymes that you may be lacking in your digestion process that help to prevent histamine from reaching the blood stream. One such enzyme is Diamine oxidase (DAO) which I think can now be found in supplement form.

Anyway, those are just some ideas that may help.

There is also a lot of research and information out there on the above if you google, histamine probiotics or histamine enzyme etc.

Cheers!

Here are some research articles if you want to read more:
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/85/5/1185.long
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/85/5/1185.full.pdf+html
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00011-009-0134-3#page-1
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jphs/107/2/107_08028FP/_pdf

--------------------
Lyme, Bart, Babs D, FL1953
I am just sharing my thoughts and experiences - I'm not a medical professional.

Posts: 69 | From Midwest | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by WPinVA:

.... but I was drinking a lot of green smoothies when all these new allergies/sensitivities popped up. Do you think it might be related?

-

I think it was related in my case. Our livers can only handle so much.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Amazing article:

http://www.drlam.com/blog/histamine-and-adrenal-fatigue-syndrome/4642/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

delljen.. I thought plantarum was a beneficial strain?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello there <<<<< delljen, and Lymetoo >>>>>,

Thanks for the links, so very much, been looking at them.

I don't think my Adrenals are in very good shape, among other problems. Last test was a few years ago,and not real great.I seem to remember the number being 33?? It was in summer of '06.

Took DHEA for a time, probably need it again. Will be studying the various links more,and try to get back in on the weekend.

High winds,and gut issues, have made things tough here... but I'm hangin' in here.

Thanks again for the links, hope all are finding help. BBL...

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' Silverwolfi,

Hello <<<<< Histamine Intolerance and Allergy Fighters of LymeNet Family >>>>>,

I'm still fighting some gut/IBS issues, but doing okay. The weather is hopefully calming down a bit.

Can't stay on long, unexpected company coming, w/ a little bookshelf/cupboard when TxC' gets in from church in a bit. Course the House is a disaster right now, but our shelves runneth over,so we need this.

I hope all are finding answers and feeling better. I think most dairy foods are out for me, it seems to cause, stomach and intestinal problems.So no more of that.

Hopefully after a time, I can at least have a bit of butter, right now, I'm not gonna brave that tho'. Will see how things go.

Jus' me, myself and my Silverwolf-I-ness

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' me, Hi <<<<< LymeNet Histamine Intolerance and allergy fighters >>>>>,

So far I am staying away from most dairy products, still some minor nausea, and IBS-'the running hare' issues, but it is lessening so far.

I'm wondering about what is best for probiotics, digestive enzymes and so on. We are on very, very limited funding,so it has to be super inexpensive. I know there is some good product out there, but cost is an issue.

Will continue hunting up info' and reading links, hopefully I wont be so house/bathroom bound soon. Just for general info' I'm not a medical professional, and just trying to learn as
I go along.

Jus' Silverwolfi checking in...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

This is what I use:

http://www.customprobiotics.com/custom-probiotics-adult-formula-cp-1.htm

$45

It's 90 capsules of 50 billion CFU's each, so it's very cost effective.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< Lymetoo, and any Readers learning like we are >>>>>,

Thanks for the link, that looks like an excellent product!!!

Will have to do some figuring in the budget, but it gives us a place to start. Thank you for the info'.

I know I've said it before, but the access to knowledge, and info' links we can find thru Lymenet is hugely helpful.

On the *Histamine Intolerance front, one site was calling it *HIT, I pretty certain, I cannot do most dairy products anymore.

I have tolerated a -small- pat of butter w/o any bad issues. Most everything else doesn't work with my system anymore.

TxC' and I are gearing up for me to do another elimination diet in a few days, it will be of interest to see what I can actually tolerate.

I'll check in again later,as we want to copy some of the foods lists. Trying to get things calmed down,w/ my system.

If I can get IBS symptoms calmer, I may be going to a wedding very soon. Young relative will be in area,and proposing to their intended soon. They want us to come,if all goes as hoped.

Gotta dash, TxC' should be back from his appt. soon,and off loading a bit of groceries.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

[ 04-26-2015, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That would be great if you would be able to attend the wedding!

Once you get better you should be able to make some ghee.. which is butter without the casein. It's the casein that is troublesome for so many people. There would also be no lactose in it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo, and other HIT/Allergy fighters >>>>>,

I'll have to check on ghee, butter w/o casein or lactose sounds interesting.

Things are still iffy if I get to go to the wedding, but I am hoping to go! Young relative's intended said yes to the proposal [Smile] !!!

I'll check back later on...

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

delljen
Member # 25090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for delljen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Silver wolf, it sounds like you are on the right track

Lymetoo, I absolutely think Lactobacillus plantarum is a beneficial probiotic. I actually think they all play a role in our digestive health.

My thought is (but I am no expert) that it is all about gut balance and probiotic symbiosis. If your gut gets out of balance and/or you have a genetic issue with DAO production than you may have problems breaking down histamine.

So in order to rebalance I think you can try and add certain probiotics and try to stay away from others to see if you can rebalance your gut.

You could also try a DAO enzyme supplement to see if DAO deficiency is your problem but again these just my thoughts.

Also, I have to second Lymetoo on Custom Probiotics they are my absolute favorite Probiotic Brand of all brands I have tried.

The enzymes that work the best for me are Source Naturals Daily Essential Enzymes.

Silverwolf- I hope you can make it too the wedding! : )

--------------------
Lyme, Bart, Babs D, FL1953
I am just sharing my thoughts and experiences - I'm not a medical professional.

Posts: 69 | From Midwest | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< Lymetoo and delljen >>>>>,

[Smile] We got to go to the wedding, our new niece-in-law is just a sweet heart of a lady!!! nephew is blessed to have found her!!!

Didn't get to stay long afterward, but the wedding was worth it. It was held at the historic 'Little White Wedding Chapel' in Las Vegas NV.The one with the Pink Elvis-mobile caddy.

I wish we could have visited longer, but both TxC' and I were pretty worn out. If we ever get to go back down Southern US way,we'll stop
and visit them. This was the Nephew that sent us tickets to Trans-Siberian Orchestra for our 35th Anniv. in 2013.

It was a small wedding, informal, but just beautiful.When we got home, Neice-in-laws son had posted some pic's and filmed the proposal.it was really sweet, and so cute. I'm not sure I've seen someone as surprised as the new Neice!!

I am still fighting some 'IBS'/IC type issues, so not getting out much yet, other than the wedding.

Starting the next elimination diet,in a couple days. And I found out,that I cannot eat more than a couple of almonds w/o problems.

For now, Almonds, Egg whites, celery, and most dairy is on my do not eat list.

It'd be so great not to feel like I am chained to the toilet!

Still,I am elated that we got to go to the wedding. And now we have a new niece[in-law], grand nephew and his wife, and great grand niece.They are just wonderful!

Well I'm still on the hunt to find out the causes of these HIT/allergy attacks. Will check back in when I'm able.

Gonna look up that ghee info'!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

So glad you got to go to the wedding, Silver! Progress!!

Almonds are high in salicylates, so that may be your issue there.

delljen.. I use the same essential enzymes!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< Lymetoo, delljen, And Any Others following this Thread >>>>>,

Well after my most recent mini-elimination diet, I tried Raw California Almonds, to check if it may have been the oils the other type was roasted in.

Uh... wont be making that mistake again, I tried them yesterday evening, and still feel like I got run over by a truck.

Sinus/Allergy issues, sore red,patchy throat, and 'IBS'-food poisoning like symptoms. Happened about ten minutes after I ate them, ten little nuggets of misery.

Drat, it wasn't the oils... hard lesson learned...off to get the food lists so TxC' and I can figure out safer foods for me.

Aaaarrghhh!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi guts-still-a-grumblin'

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' me here <<<<<< Lmyetoo,and other HIT/allergy warriors of Lymenet >>>>>,

Still fighting diarrhea issues, and Zantac gives me the diarrhea too... Aargh.

We are awaiting our next payday,and I'll try to find a different, low cost H2 product to help.

I've had this happen before, my guts are just super sensitive. But I now know, most dairy is out with a capital O-U-T.And almond.almond products are on my do not eat list now.

Wish I had better news, but at least I know a few more things that don't work for me now.

How are all w/ this issue doing? Any one finding more answers? Here's hoping each one can find the right things to help!!!

Editing in... checking out info' on CBS mutation as well, it seems many factors can be involved w/ the Lyme and Co-infections.[ This is in response to seeing a question that SusanH, had put up about Epsom Salts and CBS mutation].

I have read a little about MTHRFR , didn't know about the CBS mutation... lots of things to check on...but I will find answers!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi

[ 05-11-2015, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having good luck with having eliminated most everything. I seem to be doing okay mixing half pea protein and whey together. The pea protein is a little gross to me, but there's worse things.

I pushed the envelope and had kombucha yesterday, yogurt the day before that. No flushing, but I felt loopy. I think it was consuming large amounts of kefir that made my HI so prominen to begin with, so hopefully avoidance will enable healing. Must practice strict avoidance to let that happen though.

Last bloodwork showed some allergy markers slightly elevated or high end of normal. I wonder if from the HI, parasites, seasonal allergies, or something else.

Silver, glad you are getting some stuff figured out with elimination. I love almonds myself, but they are the absolute worst for me. All nuts really mess up my gut, they were bothering me before I recognized the HI. I hope you are able to continue seeing results with continued elimination.

Lymetoo, thank you for the link to the probx. I've been needing to switch and that one looks great, going to try it.

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< gz, Lymetoo, and any other HIT/Allergy warriors here >>>>>.

Gz, be watchful about the fermented products, I've been hearing they can make HI' issues worse in some cases.

It seems to be a matter of testing each food, and is a long process, I was bummed about the almonds, but the diarrhea,is slowly calming down,and now the IBS wants to go the opposite way.

I'm still mostly housebound, as when the IBS acts up either direction, I have to stay near the restroom. I am missing my church, way cool people,but I'm in and out of the restroom enough to feel like it'd be a bit disruptive.

I am encouraged that it is slowly calming down tho', Finally!!! If I am not having to much issues, I may get to see a friend this weekend, that we haven't seen in a few years. It'll be where if I have to head to the restroom, I wont
be bothering anyone!!

And perhaps next week I can make a Church service, that would be refreshing!

Gotta head off for now BBL ...

Jus' the Silverwolfi here.

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's progress, Silver! It would be so nice if you can get back to church and be able to visit friends. That is so essential to life!

I'm doing "OK".. still battling a sinus infection, but it is getting better. I've had it for months, so am happy it is on the upswing.

I was able to eat some broccoli last week without incident, so that is nice. Hope to be able to add more good foods bit by bit.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Excellent article on histamine intolerance.

http://drjockers.com/suffering-histamine-intolerance/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo, and other HIT/Allergy Warriors of Lymenet too >>>>>,

The broccoli eaten w/o incident sounds great!!

Even if our progress is little steps at a time,it's still progress!!! [Smile] .

Got to go see our young friends, its been probably five years since we saw Zeke, and we go to meet his travel buddy, Mic' nice young fella.

They had a late supper,and we met them at a local restaurant, we got a bit of coffee, and water as I was leery of eating. It was really good to see our friend, he's grown so much.

They are in area for a two day concert, so we may get to see them later again, depending on schedules.

Sinus issues seem to be hanging on a lot this year. The southern Nevada weather is weird, and it is getting a lot of folks sinuses right now,including me. I sure hope your sinus issue goes away completely and quickly, Lymetoo.

Thanks for the new HIT link, I'll check it out. I've been learning about some mutation issues too,and wonder if all of these things don't tangle into a complicated mess for folk w/ LD and Co's.

A scarey note here, there was a recent report about asbestos, that occurs naturally here, the dangerous type w/ the fibers. The scientists/geologists that discovered it have been trying to warn folks for a couple years ,and keep getting shut down[ which is odd ].

The news casts that got out do say,to be more watchful of windy weather. Most folk don't stay out any longer than necessary in the winds. They get pretty fierce, and no one likes sandy grit and dust in eyes and mouth, or on clothing.

Hopefully, they'll be allowed to explain more soon, and can give folk ideas for safety.

I am doing some better, and slowly ramping back up on various supplements, making sure nothing there is triggering the problems.

Gonna check that link, and BBL...

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello All <<<<< LymeNet HIT/Allergy Warriors >>>>>,

How everyone doing ? Any successes w/ fighting the HI problem?

For me, it is is slow, still battling some of the IBS/IC issues, I think it may just take extra time for intestines,and UT to heal.

I'll be doing some more elimination testing soon too.

Hope each of y'all are doing better!

Jus' Silverwolfi checkin' in...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Glad you were able to see your friends, Silver! I hope you continue to improve.

(Do you always drink coffee??)

I'm not doing so well today but better than last night. I decided to eat an orange. What could happen, right?

I didn't realize that it's not only high in histamine, it's high in salicylates too. It really messed up my sinuses. UGH.

Hoping the reaction calms down in the next day or two.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< Lymetoo and Our Other HIT/Allergy Lymenet Warriors as well >>>>>.

Had an Appt. w/ Dr. yesterday, glad it wasn't today w/ this earthquake activity, good report.

Doc' tho't the elimination diet was a good idea, he is puzzled why the allergies are hitting so bad. But pleased about my Blood sugar levels staying down. And I'm still losing weight [Smile] !!

I'm down 40 lbs. from last year at this time, just going slow and steady,on weight loss.

We were overjoyed to be able to see our young friends. And as to coffee,I usually have just a cup or so in the mornings. It makes me sleepy, but bladder wakes me up if I have it after 2:00p.m.

It was windy when we went to see our friends, and the coffee helps my breathing, but I pay for it later if it's to late in the P.M.

<<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>, Hope you are feeling better, sorry the orange caused you so much trouble. I don't take chances w/most dairy products now, because of sinus and IBS problems. I haven't tried much in the way of citrus.

TxC' does put a squeeze of lime on our fish and such. And I've found some mild fish that I can eat, Tilapia, and cod. I'm unsure about the rest...we'll see.

I'll probably do another mini-elimination diet next week. They seem to help, me find out the problem foods.

Gotta go for now... BBL

Just Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Just me again, Hi to our <<<<< HIT/Allergy LymeNet Warriors >>>>>.

It's weird,the earthquake seems to have messed up my sleep patterns a bit. Hmm, it was strange,but I didn't think it was that awful, the 6.4, I went thru as a child was far worse.

I am probably going to do another elimination mini diet toward the end of the week. My symptoms are some what better, so maybe I can see what else maybe an issue.

Local raw Honey, was suggested to us too, in case some of the area pollens were making the Histamine load worse. I'd have to be very very watchful. I finally have the Diabetes under control, and don't want it going all off again.

There is a good clean source at the Farmers markets, so we are researching and debating, depending on costs etc.

If we decide to try it for me, I'll let y'all know, what happens.

Jus' Silverwolfi... hoping each of y'all are finding answers and getting better !!!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I would be very careful with coffee and honey.

Hope your evening goes well and you continue to find things that help.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Histamine Intolerance, mast cell activation disorder:

http://beyondmeds.com/2015/05/27/food-sensitivities-mast-cell/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Silver ...

I hear this is "safe" coffee ...

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Gano-Excel-USA-Inc/dp/B000OV5NBG/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1432737880&sr=1-1&keywords=ganocafe

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Thanks for the links, I'm still researching lots of things, and this will help.

I wish that coffee in the link, was even less expensive, It looks good!!! Coffee can be that two edged sword, It's the lesser of evils for me, when my lung acts up. But if I am having the 'racing hare' 'IBS' symptomology it is to excitatory [if that's a word?].

Things have calmed down somewhat, so that helps. Still if I have coffee after about 2:00 to 3:00 pm. I am up several times at night.

Different subject for a moment, here's hoping that you and any of your Texas area family is/are safe, and your family lands too! TxC's brother in Alabama called us, and let us know, our nieces and their families in Texas are safe.

How are our other <<<<< HIT/ Allergy warriors >>>>> doing? hoping all are safe, and finding relief from the Histamine mess!

Thanks again for those links, Lymetoo, I will be checking more about the mast cell issue too. I am still researching about honey, it seems to have some good and some not so good effects.

My Dad used to have a bit of honey from an area where he was staying when he was young, it seemed to help him acclimatize better, he's always had sinus issues.

Well I'm off for the moment, BBL

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello to - Silverwolf's brain- from ... Her Intestines...

News flash...a small amount of fruit occasionally may be tolerated. However, Cream Cheese however small the amount... is in fact a dairy product... We do not like dairy products... they cause the Bunny Hare IBS parade.

Aaaarghhh, I do try to be careful, but I missed it on that one... so trying to calm down my intestines and colon. Must find brain and get it to wake up.

Jus' Silverwolfi

Edit in: Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,
Saw your reply on my Texas and Oklahoma flooding Thread. We are continuing in prayer. And hoping the missing will be found safe. It is so devastating, with such horrible storms and flooding w/ loss of life.

Some memories don't leave us, praying for peace in all this too...

Jus' me again

[ 05-28-2015, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< Lymenet HIT/Allergy Warriors >>>>>,

Just a quick check in, will start a new elimination diet challenge probably next Thursday, 6-4-'15. Will test out Tomato at the end of it,and see if that will be tolerable.

Hope all are doing better... will Check back in when I can!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you are keeping us posted, Silverwolf.

I know for me if I eat anything with corn in it I am sunk for several days.

I avoid dairy and gluten as well, but still have digestive system troubles.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< Hiker' >>>>>,

Tried to post a reply earlier and lost it somewhere...[hope I didn't post it somewhere else].

Thanks for your reply,I too am really careful about gluten, dairy, corn, and soy as well.

I got a hold of something recently, that was supposed to be non-dairy,and wasn't. I'm still worn down from that one.

My plan right now is still a 3 day, elimination diet,starting on Thursday, and then test out tomato. I found out that Almond is not wise for me to eat either.

Seems to be a lot of food allergies in my family,and I am wondering about Mast Cell Activation Disorder.

I'll check back in when Able!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

http://naturimedica.com/histamine-intolerance-causes-treatment/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< Lymetoo, and Other HIT/Allergy Warriors >>>>>,

Wow, Thanks Lymetoo for the -naturimedica- histamine link. This is excellent info', a huge help. Recently we were trying to explain some of this to my brother.

He tho't it was more about improper nutrition when folks have histamine and gut issues. He was talking about the premise of how our soil no longer has the proper mineral content.

While soil conditions, and such are a problem, the Histamine Intolerance/Allergy is a combination of many many things.

Next time we are able to talk, I'll try to have this info' on hand. My brother didn't really realize about genetic mutations being a problem,and so many other things too.

I really appreciate this link!!! Thanks again!!! I was struggling trying to explain it. I don't edit very well [understatement of the year...], and this is concise enough to help me explain more about the HIT issue!!!

Will check in again later on ... so excited, I got to go to Wed. service at church!!! Altho' I overdid a little, Thur. and Friday, so have had to mostly rest, but so glad to be able to get out briefly.

Thursday was a bit of shopping, and Friday, we sorted a few things at storage unit. I tried to take it slow,but will have to have only one or two outings in a week. Once I am rested again.

Okay I'll check in later on... Hope each one is getting better, and finding the right supplements,and foods to help !

Jus' Silverwolfi here [Smile]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwwoooowooowooo Silverwolf! It's your Canadian pack Sis.

Congrats on the 40 lb weight loss and sticking to your eating plan.

I too like a tiny bit of heavy cream once in a while also. Makes me feel spoiled.

I saw on the news that because this is an unusually warm year, instead of the pollens being released concurrently, they are all being released at the same time.

So instead of weed pollens, then tree pollens, then grass pollens.
We get them all at the same time and our bodies (which already have histamine cause of our bugs) go into overload.

I was taking Claritin but had to stop all but my hormones because of other reasons.

My auyervedic friend suggested dipping a Q tip in a bit of coconut oil, and rubbing it just inside the nostrils. Not too far up, just inside the nose opening.
Also inside the ears. (It is good to use separate q tips for each ear and each nostril in case of germ swapping)

And it had helped me a bit since doing this. The bigger pieces of pollen get stuck to the coconut oil.

OK, I am sending some paw licks and some tail wagging to you from up here in sunny Canada.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

HelloooooooOOoooOOo <<<<< Greta' pack-Sis' >>>>>,

Very good to here from you, and hope you are getting to feeling better!!!

I like that coconut oil idea, already have too much histamine build-up, I don't need pollen adding to it.

My cousin up in Oregon said that pollen count from Eugene area [where I was born] down almost to the California border,is a huge allergy mess right now. I wonder if it is the heat, as you mentioned.

I miss heavy cream, and have had to substitute coconut milk which doesn't cause me problems so far.

I've even wondered if along w/ the casein [which is the gluten processed thru the cow into the milk/butter etc.] perhaps some of the other grains the cattle may feed on are an allergy factor for me??

So being very careful about what I eat and drink.
So many things to take note of and use caution now'else I'd never get out of the restroom. Aarrgh.

Thanks for the congratulations on my weight loss, I have had to cut out a lot of carbs and starchy things, to accomplish it. No more lovely potatoes, but I don't have to take liver damaging Metformin now either.

My blood sugar has regulated as long as I stay on the diet lifestyle,and use berberine supplements.

Gotta close for now,as TxC' just got back w/ groceries, and I get to go play doing the laundry... OwoooOOO... [Smile] !

Thanks again for the reply, and the coconut idea!!!

Jus' That Silverwolfi waggin' my tail right back atcha , paw licks received.

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< HIT/Allergy Warriors of Lymenet >>>>>,

Greta' pac-Sis' a question, are you having to limit a lot of the foods you eat from the allergy/histamine mess.

There are several folk in my family who have/or had problems with various foods. Glutens, Oats/Corn/ Eggs/Tomatoes/ Potatoes,and Salt too for one of my nieces.

With all the pollens/ and allergins around,w/ this illness we don't need more issues. It seems like we start to get one thing under control,and something else springs up.

Jus' Silverwolfi Warrior-ing along here learning.

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds like you are making progress, Silver!

A tiny word of caution on the coconut oil .. if you have found that you are sensitive to salicylates, that one won't work for you.

Just a heads up.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OK.. I'm too lazy to see if I already posted this research .. so here goes:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC96436/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< Lymetoo and our various HIT/Allergy warriors of LymeNet >>>>>,

I am hoping that coconut is not a problem food for me, so far in small amounts it seems to be okay. However almonds are still on my do not eat list, altho' I love the flavor.

I don't think this new link you put up was posted on here. Thank you, it's interesting as to mast cells, altho' it seemed rather technical [ I have to research it further just glanced at it quickly].

I checked on a couple of others you had posted here too, interesting info'!!

I had to chuckle when you said you were 'to lazy to see if'... you had posted the latest link.
I don't think it's lazy [Smile] , if it is,well, you are entitled to some lazy moments don't you think?!!

Perhaps you have been blessedly busy lately and need some time to laze!!! I appreciate the links a lot, it is helpful in figuring all this out.

Txc' came home from his Life Long Low Carb' w/ some more interesting info' that may help too.
They were discussing, nitrates and nitrites,and the problems that can occur.

Interestingly, celery and char-broiled meats, contain an excess of nitrates. I cannot eat either of these foods, without burning mouth and a lot of intestinal pain and issues. So I will be learning more about this.

Nitrates and nitrites become a problem when they form -Nitrosamines- ,nitrates exposed to high heat,in the presence of amino acids , turn into the nitrosamines. It seems Vit.C can help avoid the nitrosamine[carconogenic] problem .[ Info' from TxC's class handout.]

TxC' found an interesting link on the Mast Cell problem too. If I can find it will post it later! The more info we can discover and post links to, the more chance of finding answers.

I am so very thankful,we have Lymenet, and folk who research and post links!!!

BBL... Jus' that Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good info on the nitrates/nitrites. I do avoid the nitrites in processed meats.

Celery I'm not sure about .. need to try again.

Another consideration is foods high in sulphur.

Hang in there! I hope you can find the link TxCoord found for us.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the link for Silver:
http://methyl-nation.com/mast-cells-migraine-pathways/

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< TxCoord, and all LymeNet HIT/Allergy Warriors >>>>>,

Thanks for getting the 'mast-cells' post up TxCoord [Smile] !!! I had a nice post reply up, but the PC timed out on me,and it seems to have gone away, instead of printing here.

The fourth paragraph down, in the new link,a one sentence has a 'You can read more... here' it gives more good info' on symptoms, causes and so on.

I fight migraines, as many here do,so that aspect hopefully will be helpful too.

On the Nitrates/Nitrites issue, TxC' took notice when they mentioned the charbroiled meats, and celery among other veggies, because of my odd allergies.

And my dad had esophageal cancer, he used to eat dried prunes that were sulfite?/sulfate? preserved. He liked the thin sliced, packaged or deli ham a lot too.

Dad is blessed to have survived, tho' he isn't well, he is 85 and having heart issues.

I hope the mast-cell info' is helpful, gotta go for now, hopefully things will post this time.

Jus' Silverwolfi ...BBL

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

More info on salicylates:

http://scdlifestyle.com/2010/04/phenols-and-salicylates-what-they-are-and-why-it-matters/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< Lymetoo, and other Various HIT/Allergy Lymenet Warriors >>>>>,

Thanks for the new Salicylates-and-phenols link [very interesting,as we have Autism issues on both sides of family].

Lymetoo, did you get a chance to look at the mast cell and migraine pathways link that TxCoord put up here for us? I think it is reply #121, anyway just a couple replies up from this.

--We are getting annoyed here, about food labeling,and changes w/o warning,or print to small to easily read on food labels. Trying to be super watchful so I don't get the wrong ingredients.

More intestinal issues,from something that is made to look like it doesn't use milk... Aarrgh. I can't get out often to help w/ shopping, and tiny fine print is difficult for TxC' to read [my eyes aren't much better either].

Then, a favorite food we both enjoyed seems to have suddenly dropped the gluten free ingredients?? Anyway it is really a hassle, difficult to find, fresh, and inexpensive, foods not treated w/ a bunch of chemicals that aren't good for anyone.

Sorry if that came out whiney, it is just difficult to find safe,easy to fix,and inexpensive foods, that are diet lifestyle
compliant for me right now.

I have to be super cautious what I eat, especially anything w/ carbs. I got off the lab created diabetic meds,that mess up liver and kidneys. I much prefer the berberine complex, but I still have to use caution w/ carb' type foods.

I get to have apples,and some berries to occasionally!!! Starting to ramble on so will check back later.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Whew... I finally found the link! Interesting, but I'm not going to take aspirin nor the Immunothrive. I AM able to take curcumin, but I'm a little afraid of taking 4-5 things that contain salicylates all in one pill.

As for safe food, I don't buy any processed foods. If you do go shopping for them, take a magnifying glass. I have one that is like a credit card that magnifies the print. Most of the time I forget to use it anyway! lol

(PS.. they have them at most of the dollar stores)

I can eat peeled golden delicious apples safely. That is it. Warning: no taste! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there, moving a link that Marnie put up elsewhere about HIT.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xGAL_0lKmHoJ:http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/histamine-intolerance/

Thanks <<<<< Marnie >>>>> for the link, I tho't it would benefit us more here, than on a great link about low carb diet.

Hope it is helpful to all our <<<<< Allergy/HIT warriors of Lymenet >>>>>.

Are things progressing well for y'all? Hope you're finding answers!

Lymetoo, I am still testing many foods,as I don't know all of the triggers. I am hoping it isn't a salicylate issue for me,as well as everything else.

And you are in our prayers,you are a constant source of encouragement to us. TxC' and I try hard not to get too discouraged, not easy w/ the battle going on around his disability ,

and the being 'wait listed'[my choice of phrasing here] as to when he will get his proper disability compensation. We just got new evidence confirming his initial diagnosis of Neuropathy in all four limbs.

I am again, expressing our gratitude for LymeNet, the moderators,and the researchers. I don't know how we'd cope w/o our <<<<< Lymenet Family >>>>>

Jus' Silverwolfi continuing in the fight to regain health!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello to our <<<<< Allergy/HIT LymeNet Warriors >>>>>,

Just checking in, we've had an 'assumed' intestinal virus here, I've been fighting it, and TxC' had it too. He's better,I'm still fighting the 'ick'. So that has complicated things a bit.

We are guessing that it is a virus, so hopefully it will calm down soon.

Hoping each of y'all are finding answers that help, and starting to feel better. Will check in again when able.

Just Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there all <<<<< LymeNet HIT/Allergy Warriors >>>>>,

After my throat/Esophagus/windpipe heals some more from the June 30th choking incident, I think I'll be doing another three day elimination diet.

Perhaps something I ate was making things worse, as well as my mouth staying on the dry side, even tho' I keep water by my and sip it frequently. One way to find out I guess, that is to try.

Then we'll figure out what to break the test w/ since so many things seem to affect me any more.

Off to rest again,will check in later on.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope you are feeling better each day, Silver. Sounds like you had a really rough time.

What will you eat on your elimination diet?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

This was definitely a rough issue for me, I had what I suspect was Mico' Pneumonia in 2001. It reminds me of that except so far no burst alvioli sacks in lungs, and no bleeding, for which I am thankful to God!!!

I am not sure what besides the trusty green beans, I will do for this new elimination diet. TxC' and I will talk close to payday, and figure out what and when.

I used lamb in the past, and it wasn't to awful [tho' I find it greasy]. But nine meals of it gets boring quickly.

Hope you are finding a few more safe things to eat.So far, I've found a couple of safe fish [quite fresh] and the lamb [ LOL ,when I have to]. The lamb idea was on an elimination diet plan I was sent some years back.

Getting light headed so I guess i'd better stop for now...will check back later.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear about the choking incident.

Perhaps look into eosinophilic esophagitis? www.apfed.org

It's a little known condition and it does cause food impactions, difficulty swallowing and choking. It's closely linked to delayed-reaction allergens and many patients can get the disease under control by identifying and eliminating food triggers.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< WPinVA >>>>>,

Thank you for your kind reply! TxCoord put up the info' on what happened to me, June 30th [His post is about taking Silver to the ER from July 1st on General Supp.].

I actually choked on a supplement capsule, tho' we are not sure why. I tend to have a dry mouth,even tho I sip water constantly. My main concern besides possible Sjogrens Syndrome, is that some food I have eaten may be causing a reaction.

I have no insurance,and we have no idea how to pay the hospital when the bill comes,so more testing right now is likely out. It all out of pocket for TxC'and I.

He has VA which helps him some, but they are dragging their feet and wont settle up his disability compensation yet. So we are dependent on his SS disability, not really enough to make ends meet.

Have another appt. w/ S NV independent living counsel the end of the month to see what if anything else we might could do for some help. They've checked too,and we literally fall in between the cracks as to what can be done.

[We make a few dollars too much, believe me we are not rich. ]. We try hard not to be discouraged, but it is difficult. We don't live in Vegas because of gaming, we live here because of health issues, and generally we stay very far from the strip.

It is much more dangerous there than the average person knows. But in Vegas, TxC' can make it to the VA hospital in 20 min. instead of going over three and a half hours drive to Salt Lake City VA, and then 3 and 1/2 hours home.

The slide fee clinic I go to is only 20 minutes from here instead of an hour. In Idaho and Utah one has blizzards,here ah... not really.

Flooding that makes driving dangerous, occasionally, but not every day! Heat yes, sometimes excessive, had that in Idaho summers before too.

Sorry to get side tracked, back to the matters at hand, I'm just tired, sore, worn down and erring on the side of caution here.

But if I have more trouble the link you sent WP' may be of help. Hoping this is just a one time mess.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope you are feeling better today, Silver!

I found some info on Histamine Intolerance from the Hansa Center:

http://davidjernigan.blogspot.com/2015/07/histamine-intolerance-not-allergies-may.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< Lymetoo and our other HIT/Allergy Warriors >>>>>,

Thanks for the new link on HIT issues, will read it as soon as I am able.

I am still very very tired from all the choking incident. Have to go to an appt. to see if I qualify for dental work at the local Dental school here.

I've got three teeth in really bad shape, so I hope they can help. We'll see.

The SNILC appt. was changed to early next month,so if the dental stuff doesn't work out,maybe they'll have some other idea.

We will be talking to a case worker, to see if they have some more ideas for helping us cope w/ ongoing health issues.

Wish I could do more elimination testing, but not yet, throat/esophagus/ and intestines are still not in good shape from the mess.

So I am trying to just eat carefully,and slowly starting back w/ a few supplements to gain back a little energy.

I had hoped things would be calmed more by now, but it went Pneumonia like, so has taken longer to heal. The coughing isn't as bad now but it really makes me dizzy and tired.

Hoping my intestines will stay calm so to get thru the appt. tomorrow,we had to go in the morning, no choice,and that is the worst time for me.

I'll check back later on...

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' Silverwolfi here, searching out this thread,

Will try to get in and actually update soon... finally starting to get a little better.

It's taken a long, long time , and we still have lots of questions,as to what caused the choking.

Hospital situation was a real mess,will explain more on that later.

We finally got a case worker thru the SNCIL group of Southern NV,after all this who realized, we truly have a bad financial situation. And I now finally have medicaid,after years of being told I didn't qualify.

Waiting on Medicaid to see what all they'll pay on the bills...but some help is better than none!!!

Will try to get in tomorrow for a bit...

Jus' Silverwolfi here...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That is good news, Silver! Glad you are finally getting some help!!

I'm not sure how you are doing your elimination diet, but it should be helpful, not make things worse. You just eliminate everything from the histamine list and the salicylate list and then add back one at a time.

Not easy, but it should resolve most all stomach distress right away.

hang in there!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope things improve for you Silver. Sounds like thing have been very rough.

Thanks to everyone that has posted links. I think my daughter might have a problems with histamines too.

Also sulfites are a problem for her too.

She has been eating a homemade soup with organic zucchini and feeling sick after eating.

I was reading this thread and looked up zucchini and it is low in histamines so that may be the issue for her.

Hope things work out for you Silver. Hugs

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo,and Jane' >>>>>>,

Thanks for the replies, It may be a bit before I can get back to the elimination diet.

I have to be really super careful what I eat,if meat or veggie is to hard or chewy right now I still have to be careful.

Between whatever caused the choking,and my teeth, three really messed up,one broken into gum line,and supposedly four other teeth w/ problems [long story to tell later], it is hard to eat some foods.

So the problem is finding safe foods to eat while on the elimination diet, that I can chew and swallow.

The three teeth, have been broken for awhile, so i don't think that was the choke cause... don't know still tho'??

Jane', I think it was the Low Hist.' Chef that mentioned that it is a matter of trial and error to find what is causing the Histamine reactions for each individual.

Sorry your daughter is going thru this, I'll keep her in tho'ts and prayers.

Right now, with the Hospital, Doctors,and X-ray, Lab work bills,we are waiting to see what is covered ,how much, and so on, w/ the Medicaid. We're still waiting on one -Dr. w/ X-ray group-, to return call so we can get Medicaid info' to them.

Aargh...typing w/ a mostly numb left hand... the TOS left side problem is acting up,after all the harsh coughing/choking.that supplement came up in bitter burning bits from the Tuesday June 30th it happened ,'til that Friday July 3rd.

I had mostly liquids for over a week and a half, all I could swallow. Then toward the middle of July, it went into a respiratory infection.

We found out since then that Walking Pneumonia,
and some form of Bronchitis[ infectious ?] was going around. I had had a warning,that Pneumonia like problems might ensue. I didn't go anywhere I didn't absolutely have too.

Still haven't been out much lately, hopefully,I can stay well enough to get out some.

Will check back later, gotta rest a bit... will try to get a post going later about the Hospital horror story...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello again <<<<< All LymeNet HIT and Allergen warriors >>>>>,

Sorry I've been out of touch, want to revive this thread,and go back thru the info'.

After I get calmed down from hearing and vestibular testing[Oct. 12,13], I am hoping to do that elimination diet again.

How is everyone? Hope you finding answers and getting some healing help!

Just Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Still miserable about half the time over here. I think salicylates are my biggest issue. That affects everything else.

If I keep them under control, I fare pretty well .. but it's hard!

I hope you pass all of the tests with flying colors and they can find something to help you.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Struggling!

Waiting for my new MCAS med, hope that it will help me tolerate more foods.

Right now I can only eat Boost, plain chicken, eggs, whey protein powder, milk, Gatorade, Cheerios, Kix cereal. Sometimes buckwheat pancakes are ok, sometimes not?

Wow, that is a super sad list. I'm embarrassed to say that I eat some of that. But I am trying to survive.

If I eat the wrong foods, it is like I've been drugged with sleeping pills! Cannot stay awake. Flushed face. Then get violently sick to my stomach with no warning. Next day I pay by feeling ill with lots of symptoms. It's terribly frustrating.

Hope others are doing better.

Oh, and I'm seeing a GI specialist for help, had testing done recently so maybe results will shed some additional light on what's going on. Hopefully something treatable.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello there <<<<< Lymetoo, and sammy >>>>>,

Extra hugs [group hug] <<<<<< Lymetoo and sammy >>>>> [group hug] .

Sorry to hear there are still a lot of food issues for you.These HIT and allergen issues are no fun. I'll be reviewing the info here on this thread some more. Checking what is safe for me food wise.

Sammy, I hope the results from your GI tests are helpful, and you can find some relief.Don't be hard on yourself for eating what you are able to have w/o serious issues.

Lymetoo, it is hard to avoid the salicylates, they seem to be in so many things. I hope you can find successful treatments soon!

Will be continuing in prayer for you both,and for our Lyme family. We pray each night before bed, so many folk are fighting illness and other battles too.

jus that Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf, I haven't read all the posts. I just want to say that allergies have been one of the main concerns for my daughter, since she was born.

I was strong against allergies, till I got lyme, then went downwards, developing many food allergies and other allergies.

When lyme went dormant for both of us, 6 years ago, many allergies disappeared, but some stayed.

With the years, without lyme, we still developed new allergies, old ones left, and so on. But the number of allergies just increased!!

You know what's helping us there? The Neurophone from Flanagan!!

It's unbelievable that in one week many products we were allergic (even peanuts, walnuts, tomato, many fruits, some cheese), simply became 'acceptable'. I mean, we can eat these without any side effects!

I hope this will last, as I'm only a bit more than a week on the Neurophone (and so is my daughter). But if our allergies go down to 50%, it will make our lives so much easier!

We don't have lyme though, so I don't know how this would work for people with lyme, but for us, it was a very unexpected outcome (we were not expecting any allergy treatment with a brain device!).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I thought the Tesla was the "answer", Brussels? What happened to that?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' me here,

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo and Brussels >>>>>,

I'm curious about,the Tesla, and such as well... and what is a Neurophone ??

That is something I don't think I've hard of, but glad to here it is helping y'all Brussels.

I'm still studying on the different links, but my brain hasn't been real cooperative ... hopefully that will calm down soon!!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< LymeNet HIT/Allergy Warriors >>>>>,

<<<<< Brussels >>>>>, saw your Neurophone thread,interesting to say the least. But difficult to get a hold of for those of us w/o any monies to speak of.

How is Everyone holding up, any other thoughts on,or success with fighting the HIT/Allergies??

For me,I am trying to eat very carefully still. Had a nice fresh soup yesterday,that didn't set well. I'm wondering if it might be the bit of Paprika that TxC' put in it. Or it could be the pork product too.

Will check back in later on...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, sorry for late answer...

It's working wonderful. Not sure yet it also helps with dust mites and air allergens... Only time will tell.

As for food allergies, it's been an amazing experience, only 2 weeks on daily Neurophone, and daughter and I are eating things we couldn't for years!

We just collected our walnuts, and while I was able to eat them in the past (she was never really able...), we just collected them to burn them in the kitchen fire!!

She's still afraid of them, specially because they are very fresh (and they burn more her mouth!). It tests though good for her. It will take some times for her MIND to accept that and try nuts. I am already eating them! [Razz]

She IS eating ORANGES, daily! And enjoying them, as she used to love them years ago, when she started to be allergic to them!

--------
Tutu, I'm still on the violet ray. It DID solve my daughter's gluten problem, Vit D3 absorption (we never needed supplementation since February!), zinc absorption (probably also silica, as her nails are still slowly growing).

But she had DOZENS of allergies, if not about a hundred... I had more and more allergies to fruits too. Not as much as her, but I was starting to be afraid to become like her.

Anyway, the Neurophone changes someway everyone's guts here (we all reacted there...). Not too bad, but there is some transformation happening there for all us 3. Maybe that is why our allergies are disappearing? And in light speed?

I'm all achy, joints, face, neck, sometimes stinging pains in my knees, I had many heart symptoms after the neurophone, but I think they were like a healing crisis.

Most parts that are achy were 'problematic' parts during lyme. Usually I had no more symptoms during these last 6 years that lyme has been dormant...

I still have pains, that I am controlling with the violet ray and chlorella... I love when things move inside me, as I start to have hopes something is being solved. [bonk]

Really, it's no kidding. I'm in a healing crisis, enjoying apples, oranges and nuts. DAILY. The day my daughter and I will be able to eat kiwi, I'll post here. We're still not that brave. [Big Grin]

The Neurophone is a crazy device, that sort of balance your brain waves (all 4 brain waves get balanced, symmetric). The new Neurophone has got Fibonnaci frequencies, that are never repeated, and those are healing frequencies too.

They are transmitted through ultrasound, not to your ears, but to your inner ears, which were originally a hearing organ. It is still a hearing organ for dolphins and whales, and we, humans also can use it as a hearing organ.

Deaf people (even people without ear nerves, removed surgically), can still LISTEN through their inner ears. The Neurophone was used by them, initially, then by researchers trying to decode dolphin language, then for people wanting better brain performance, for lack of attention span, etc.

You can use for all these functions. But what I am using for, is merely for health purposes, trying to see if it produces health effects.

it is an AMAZING piece of technology. So small, so powerful!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Brussels >>>>>,

Thanks for the info' on the Neurophone, interesting, I hope it continues to help you,and your daughter.

I'll be reading up on it some more.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

More great info:

http://naturimedica.com/histamine-intolerance-causes-treatment/

(but be careful about adding any B6.. it can become toxic)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement