LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » new tick bite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new tick bite
lundel
Member # 33924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lundel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I treated for lyme disease from 2006-2009.
When I started treatment I was put on Cymbalta
for pain. I stayed on it until I ended antibiotics in 2009. I tapered off Cymbalta, and finished that in Dec.2013. Since that time I have been very sick with Cymbalta discontinuation symptoms.

Awake with insomnia tonight, I went into the bathroom and happened to look into the mirror and saw a tick on my neck. I immediately pulled it off and put it in a jar. I am so freaked out. Should I get the tick tested?

Since coming off Cymbalta I am hypersensitive to all meds, and don't know if I can tolerate antibiotics. This feels like a nightmare. Any suggestions from anyone? Now I really have insomnia! I don't know what to do.

Breaking this up for easier reading for many here -

[ 03-25-2015, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 5 | From Texas | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one option:

Per the book called, The Homeopathic Treatment of
Lyme Disease

By Peter Alex, Naturopathic Physician
Translated by Doug Smith, PhD, HD
http://www.lymebook.com/homeopathy

If bitten by a tick: homeopathic Ledum 30c, 2 pellets dropped in 1/2 cup water, stirred 10 times, one teaspoon a day for 3 days. The pellets do not need to dissolve so don't over stir it.

You can use the same glass for the three days or make it fresh each day if desired. Store away from strong electo-magnetic field. You can cover it and keep out of sunlight. Mark your glass so you know that it is your remedy glass in case all of your glasses look the same.

On day 6 and 12 homeopathic Aurum arsenicum 200c prepared and taken the same way.

Breaking up a paragraph for easier reading for many here -

[ 03-25-2015, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lundel
Member # 33924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lundel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for this info lookup. I will check this out.
Posts: 5 | From Texas | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See my answer to another post at the link below.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/131418

It sounds like you need some nutritional help to rebalance your neurotransmitter levels.

The Japanese knotweed is one of the Buhner herbs in his lyme protocol. I think it is possible that herbal treatment might be sufficient for lyme in the early stages. Plus at this point you do not know that you have actually been reinfected.

If you were well for 3 years (from 2009 forward) then most LLMDs would say that you had beaten your previous lyme infection.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lundel
Member # 33924

Thank you. I'll check into the Japanese knotweed. I'm so

confused about the whole mess. I didn't have anxiety or

depression before Cymbalta. Being on it complicated the

whole thing. I had so many side effects from it that I had no

idea if I had Lyme symptoms or not. I wish I had never taken it.

It was a nightmare getting off it. I have been so sick since

coming off it in Dec 2013. Thank you for the responses to my

post. Very much appreciated.

Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI, Ledum did NOTHING for me. I took it for a new tick bite (when the doc thought it was a spider bite, I was prescribed it).

I was on antibiotics a couple weeks later.

For another possible tick infection, I immediately took doxy for a week. I can't remember the dosage. I didn't get sick though.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement