LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » afternoon fatigue?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: afternoon fatigue?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
every afternoon between 2-4 I get so sleepy I can barely function. I start yawning and can't as top. if I'm sitting down, next thing I know I'm leaning over the side.

i couldn't drive if i had to.

it's more like total physical exhaustion with taking a half dozen ambien or something. I literally can't stay awake.

not narcolepsy. cause i don't pass out or anything jus extreme sleepiness.

is this lyme or what?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like it could be hypothyroidism and/or adrenal related. Have you had your levels checked recently?
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. B mentions this happens because of Lyme disease in his guidelines.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nobody checks it. drs always poopoo it when I ask

[ 04-17-2015, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: randibear ]

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing adrenal related. Have you read Dr. James Wilson's book, :Adrenal Fatigue"? Lots of good info - best $15. I ever spent!
Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im.pretty sure dr b said if you feel tired yoiu shiuld sleep...but of corse dx and tx real priblem is most important

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katrina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's very common to feel fatigue at that time of day. I had both babesia and lyme. Adrenals were tested and not a problem for me. My doctor ( now quite famous ) always asked me about a afternoon crash in energy. I have been off drugs for years now however at one point in my life the fatigue was unbelievable!!!
Posts: 219 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NJFitnessGuy
Member # 30886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NJFitnessGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had all the classic adrenal fatigue symptoms, but my adrenals came back OK as well. I was surprised. My mornings are VERY rough.
Posts: 85 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SLML
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLML     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katrina - have you successfully eradicated Duncani?
Posts: 123 | From Washington State | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could also be suffering from sleep apnea.

You need to find out if you snore loudly, struggle to breathe while sleeping, and if you stop breathing when you are sleeping. If you do, then that is why you have to sleep every afternoon.

When I had sleep apnea, I was FORCED to nap every afternoon. It really cut into my life. And, waking up from that nap was pure torture.

My dentist had an overnight sleep apnea home test machine. I wore it to bed and returned it. The results showed that I had apnea. Then, he made me a dental device to wear at night. It solved the problem. Then, I lost some weight and permanently solved the problem.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the EXACT problem for years.

sorry, i have no exact reason why mine has gotten better as of late. I have been trying to do my best to keep on track with the best tx I can afford, even though that is not the best tx out there, so some how I have managed to get this down to only once a week or even once or 2x a month!

I have been on a really great MILD cleanse that I don't get any herx from and it seems to have really elevated me in so many ways! I am so super happy with the results. my brain is better and more sharp, my bady has way more energy. decisions are clearer and all that....

it is homeopathic and wasn't expensive. BodyAnew. I take 30 drops of each bottle and sip through the day. this lasts about a month- until all bottles are empty.

maybe this could help you?

http://www.vitacost.com/medinatura-body-anew-cleanse-multipack-oral-drops

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SLML
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLML     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump - Katrina can you take a look at my above question? Thx
Posts: 123 | From Washington State | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katrina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have treated it successfully and live a completely normal life now. It was a long hall! I will always have intermittent treatment which is open ended due to the fact that I was undiagnosed for 4.5 years. I have been off all medication for almost 4 years. This fall I had a minor relapse but all symptoms went away with treatment and it didn't set me back much. I was sick for a total of 7.5 years. Treated with three pic lines and multiple drugs for Lyme disease but unfortunately they missed the babesia Duncani for the first 4 years. Once I treated babesia I started to regain my health. I took three more years to treat. Fortunately I had a great doctor.

Blessings to all of you! And don't give up. Detox is a must!

Katrina.

Posts: 219 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katrina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15236

To the question of fatigue. It was the worst ever. Hard to describe to anyone. Even when I started to see progress and symptoms were 80% better I would crash in the afternoon. When that started to go away I knew I was on the road to recovery.

Katrina

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Randibear. I have the same exact thing. It's very bad at the time you mention 2-4, but I have it throughout the day too.

I just did a bunch of tests with an endocrinologist, hoping she will find something.

I could be dealing with Babesia too. I'm trying to stay off of the Meds though.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SLML
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42986

Hi Katrina,

Thanks for answering my question!! I was really hoping you would see it! Wow - 3 years to treat Duncani. I have done just one year and I definitely still have it.

That is so great that you are doing so well now.
Thanks for the encouragement. I was feeling pretty discouraged that after 1 year of treating duncani I still have it.

I will probably be in the same boat as you as I had Lyme 4 years before I started treatment.

All the best!

[ 04-27-2015, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: SLML ]

Katrina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15236

SLML

I'm trying to check in more often. If you have more questions feel free to PM me.

Best to you too! You will get better. Keep rotating drugs if needed or you reach a plateau. And detox along the way.

SLML
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42986

Hi Katrina -

You have been so great to answer all my questions!!! Thank you so much :-)

Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

10,000 ius a day of vitamin d helps my fatigue

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie789
Member # 50790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie789     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Katrina,

Firstly, I realise this thread is old and I'm not familiar with message boards so I'm not even sure if you (or anybody else) will get this message.

Secondly, congrats on beating Lyme and co-infections!

I find myself in exactly the same situation as you have been in (I've read thousands of posts over the years and this is my first reply!). I've got better to a degree but am getting no further. I believe my issue is also Babesia and my main symptoms are afternoon tiredness and brain fog. I am taking herbs but I'm stuck at a certain number of drops for over a year as I herx if I increase the drops. As a result the symptoms remain. I had a similar issue with Borrelia when taking herbs for that, I was capped at a certain number of drops. At that time I got a PICC line and took IV Cef which helped me. I then started back on the drops and could reach max dose no problem. I'm hoping that there might be a similar, and better, way to move forward with Babesia (i.e. to get around the drops barrier). My question is, could you please let me know what treatment you did for babesia? Did you do IVs for this also? I did 2 years of ABX a couple of years back. I'm now on BAB-3 and Artemisinin. I know Lyme is slow progress but I'd be very surprised if there's not a better way of getting over this hurdle. Given our journeys seem to overlap somewhat I thought I'd ask. I'm happy to take this offline if you'd prefer not describe your treatment here. I'm hoping you get this message!

Many thanks
Eddie

Posts: 1 | From NY | Registered: Aug 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement