LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hopkins Paul Auwaerter- You're not sick!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hopkins Paul Auwaerter- You're not sick!
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He wrote this in support of Wormser`s recent study.

Quote- One hundred (35%) of the original 283 patients followed for an average of approximately 15 years had recent application of the widely used SF-36v2 self-administered instrument to inventory their state of functionality including both physical and mental health.

Compared to norms in the general United States population, these patients fared no worse and even better than average in all eight measured spheres, suggesting that Lyme disease did not have an ongoing impact on their health at that time.

Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Apr 17. pii: civ279. [Epub ahead of print]
Life after Lyme disease.
Auwaerter PG1.
Author information
PMID: 25888673 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Article Here- http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2015/04/16/cid.civ279.long

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wormser`s new study. Don`t remember the exact amount, but from what I remember he got grants (your tax money) for over $500,000- probably more- to do this. I will have to check later and get back to you on that amount.

Side note- These new guidelines are going to be a doozy! May I suggest getting a rabies vaccine before they are published. It won’t protect you from the guidelines, but it might protect you from the authors. They are out for blood.

Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Apr 17. pii: civ277. [Epub ahead of print]

Long-Term Assessment of Health Related Quality of Life in Patients with Culture-Confirmed Early Lyme Disease.

Wormser GP1, Weitzner E1, McKenna D1, Nadelman RB1, Scavarda C1, Molla I1, Dornbush R2, Visintainer P3, Nowakowski J1.

Author information

1From the Division of Infectious Diseases, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595.
2Department of Psychiatry, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595.
3Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199.

Abstract

The health related quality of life of 100 subjects with culture-confirmed early Lyme disease enrolled in a prospective study with annual follow-up visits was evaluated using the SF-36v2 questionnaire at 11-20 years after diagnosis.

The mean summary scores of physical and mental health were similar to the general population.

© The Author 2015. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. All rights reserved.

Link here, but only to above abstract- you have to pay for full article. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25888674

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bullcrap....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed the first half of the recent ILADS meeting. At that meeting during the $100 per plate dinner that was not in my budget there was a poster presentation from the Fallon antibiotic study. It was a 10 year follow-up of the patients.

Maybe someone else has access to that info and can share. I am pretty sure the info directly conflicts the IDSA viewpoint.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement