LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Stuttering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stuttering
2roads
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My adolescent son said to me today after soccer practise that he was tired of stuttering. He said he just wasn't gonna talk. This has been a problem for him for several years.

I asked him what happens. He says he knows the word he wants to say but his mouth won't let him.

My questions are who has experienced this, what infection was yours linked to, and what medicine helped it?

He has been coo fevered in the past and positives are coming back in every direction lab wise, but trying to discern this particular offender.

Thanks loads, 2roads

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Coinfected" not the other words above
Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not sure what helped mine, but it is 90% better for me after all treatment of lyme and coinfections, and also strep and parasites.

so, I would say to treat as much as possible.

I feel for him. ... when I aske dmy husband the worst thing he couldn't handle of me bing very sick, he said he felt so bad about how I couldn't get the words out.

to me, that wasn't the worst thing, but to a kid it must be pretty tough. I am kind of a hermit most of the time.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Thanks for the response Lisa. I wish we could narrow it down a bit more based on others experiences. But did you find the same profile? For instance, did your brain have the word, or was it just a blank slate sometimes? Maybe it was too much faced paced disorganization? Thanks
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was like I knew that I knew the word, but I could not find it at all. like it was lost like a small sock in a pile of laundry or something.

other times I had the word on the tip of my toungue but it wouldn't come out.

or like the words would be broken and come out in disjointed letters.... I type like that too.

like this is what my typing looks like if I don't think aobut it and spell check:

heloi my anme ia Lisa and I have a fhard time ariting thnhs. when I writeee ai don't kow how to write so I loode aup to te sky and awich I sould write the way I used to.

it is like my fingers know where the letters are , but I need to hyperfocus on what I am doing all the time when I do tasks that require concentration. like driving too.

and spitting out words used to be like that too. so frustrating.

but, I have also recently found that I have many genetic variances that are causing many issues for me in all kninds of wasy.

I just started new meds for this and I can see that I am having all kinds of funny things go on with me. like talking has become now mor e difficult and so has typing for sure, as you can see here. [Smile]

not sure if this is at all the same as what your son goes through, but it could be. I think my system was so overloaded with the tick diseases that it just made my mostly functioning defective genetics take a turn to the wild side and all he** broke loose!

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

oh, and when I was young and as long as I can rememebr, I had troubl eiwth getting words out , like stuttering . but not quite. I used to tell my mom that it upset me so . she was funny. she said that it was my slower mouth trying to keep up with my fast brain.

she had the right idea, I now know. but all along it was probably my neurotranmitters in a crazy cycle of mess.

--------------------

2roads
Member # 4409

Thanks Lisa. That's very insightful. Tough though. The brain is so complicated. We are not under treatment, despite positive tests. Trying to be cautious. To figure out the best way to approach this beast.
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for didogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stuttering was definitely lyme for me. It is gone with treatment. It was very hard for me as I am a speech-language pathologist-go figure!
Posts: 238 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Hey didogs. Can you say what therapy or antibiotic seemed to improve this? Thanks
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for didogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I did I think 8 months of azythromycin and minocycine prior to treating bartonella/babesia. For me personally, my word finding and stuttering issues were due to lyme.

Good luck

Posts: 238 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Thanks didogs. I've been thinking about minocycline. It's more lipid soluble then doxy. How did you tolerate the regiment? Sorry to keep asking.
LisaK
Member # 41384

I had doxy and bactrim first. then switched to herbals. they all helped me. I would get him on something. kids get sicker faster I think. and it's tougher to get rid of too.

--------------------

2roads
Member # 4409

Thinking of a mono or doxy option with a zith or rifampin accompaniment. Of course
have to talk with the
doctor. Worry about it being too much. Want to have most effective with least side effects. Thanks Lisa. [Frown]

bitbit99
Member # 43654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bitbit99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I studder when I get upset or when I get too excited ....sometimes I shake too if I get to excited or upset
Posts: 66 | From Toronto Ontario | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement