LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cooking a steak with your mobile phone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cooking a steak with your mobile phone
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsMD6UpSLuY

Are you still in doubt electrosmog and your handy phone does NOTHING to your brain?

You got to watch this short video: how you can cook a steak only using your mobile phone!

I feel LITERAL pain inside my head when I use a cordless phone or mobiles.

And we allow our kids to use mobiles, play with iphones, ipads and wonder, why do they get hyperactive?! Or super excited?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is even better!

The video has only 40 seconds: make your popcorn with your handy, in a few seconds!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d9_32p9k8w

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG. I'm not surprised. I can't use cordless or cell phones.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a scam.

Snopes.com
http://www.snopes.com/science/cookegg.asp

I'm not saying that cordless phones don't do something to your brain, but they certainly can't cook steak!

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nor can they pop popcorn.

I do not think cell phone use is good for us if used too often, though.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husband always on phone for work, has had MRI showing nothing, but has chronic pain in that side of head/ear, and bumps of skin all over that ear and it is tougher skin than the other ear too. just so upsetting

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPvckjbBAxY

Is this all scam?

I do not have 4 phones here, and no pop corn either to try it on.

These videos do not look tricked, you see all the people's movements behind...

How did they do that? You can stop frame by frame, it looks pretty real to me in all 3 examples from 3 countries!!

Anyway, if I have the chance, I will try to do it at home.

cooking or not cooking, I won't start using mobiles due to ear pain... It's an awful feeling.

fitnesskelly
Member # 45806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fitnesskelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just bought an EMF detector for reasons other than to test our phones, however I have held it right up against my phone a number of times and the EMFs coming off the phone are minimal (the meter doesn't spike at all). I will say, however, that the biggest number of EMFs coming from my phone (iphone 5) come from the part I put against my ear.
Posts: 63 | From Columbus, OH | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, did you get a chance to look at the link I posted?

"...the video had been created through the use of editing tricks: popped popcorn was dropped onto the table from above the camera frame, and the kernels on the table were removed via digital editing."

If you've ever popped popcorn on the stove, the pan of oil must get VERY hot before the popcorn pops.

And when you cook steak under the broiler, the heat must be VERY high.
Don't you think people would notice if a cell phone caused that amount of heat?

You can google for lots of info about scams.
Example:
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=cell+phone+popcorn+debunked&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol, Here's what you explained -

You knew it had to be a hoax,but were you able to figure out how it was done?

One theory held that there must have been a heating element under the table. Another posited a hidden microwave transmitter.

Yet another concluded it could only have been done with special effects. Now, for the first time, CEO Abraham Glezerman of Cardo Systems, the bluetooth headset manufacturer that came up with the viral video as a marketing ploy, explains how the illusion of cell phone popcorn was created.

"How did you come up with the concept for this?" CNN correspondent Jason Carroll asks Glezerman in a news segment first broadcast on July 9, 2008.

"We sat down and said how can we create something that's funny, hilarious and causes people to try and emulate it and eventually, of course, touching on our business," answers Glezerman.

"And it worked," notes Carroll as video footage is shown of ordinary people trying to replicate the effect at home. "Some posted their own video versions trying to solve the mystery of how they got those kernels to pop. One disassembled a microwave. Finally, for the first time the real answer."

"The real thing is a mixture between a kitchen stove and digital editing," explains Glezerman.

"You fried the popcorn separately somewhere else and then just dropped it in there, then digitally removed the kernels?"

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2008/07/09/cell-phone-popcorn-trick-revealed.htm

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Thanks for telling. You convinced me!

But also the cooked steak, then it's also fake, less spectacular.

That was a tricky thing to do.

What kind of ad they want to do: never use your mobile phone or you may cook your brain?

Good campaign, anyway!!
------------

So, to give you all another video, this time a very USEFUL one: how to protect yourself against electrosmog with PET WATER BOTTLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1IBhnu5pKg

He is Swiss, and he's using two devices to measure the smog from power lines, and the smog from mobil antennas etc.

The person reached ZERO smog in a small spot (where the pig is sleeping). He used extensively the aluminium foil, which I think is grounded, but still couldn't get a spot with zero smog.

His experience with the water bottles show that the castle he built is the ONLY spot in his whole house that is free from eletrosmog.

He said that NO WHERE in the city, you will find such a measurement (when the device is with a red light).

The rest of the bedroom has very small amount of smog (light is green), but not down to zero (red light).

Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a lot of youtube phoney videos.

However this is not phoney :
Health experts say cancer threat from cell phones is greater than we think

Can your phone or tablet give you cancer? A large group of international scientists thinks so.

Almost 200 scientists and academics from over three dozen countries have issued a letter calling for the United Nations, World Health Organization and governments around the world to tighten regulations around electro-magnetic field (EMF) exposure coming from handheld devices.

Anthony Miller, University of Toronto Professor Emeritus at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, is one of 190 signatories, including eight Canadians, to the letter.

He noted that the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has already flagged EMF as a possible human carcinogen.

The letter’s signatories also say much of the research saying EMF is safe is commissioned and paid for by telecom companies. Miller expresses concern that this practice is prevalent in Canada.

“I think part of the problem here is that the reassurances we keep getting from the manufacturers and distributors of WiFi – Rogers, Bell and whatever – and Health Canada are not sufficiently satisfactory, particularly for the possible risks to children,” Miller said in a conversation with Yahoo Canada.

---------------

I do not believe studies funded by the telecom industry. Just like the tobacco company people perjured themselves saying nicotine is not addictive for the longest time.

Then one of them got cancer and admitted that they all lied.

http://rt.com/usa/258049-scientists-cellphones-health-risks/

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

But if this was an add, it is a GOOD ONE:

"do not use your phone or it may cook your brain!"
GOOD ADD, isn't it??

I agree about all the biased studies that prove safety.

I know electrosmog does harm as I feel PHYSICAL pain in my ears /head.

------------------------
Did you guys see the video about the WATER CASTLE to protect you against the smog I posted above?

That was for me an interesting video, from a Swiss guy who has electrosmog sensitivity (or he wouldn't buy all the devices to measure electrosmog and pack his whole house on aluminium foil).

Water bottle protection against electrosmog!! that was a new one, and more efficient against two types of frequencies!!

Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The site that posted the cell phone cooking steak video is all about illusion, like how magicians do their tricks.

It's all for fun and entertainment I believe. I really don't think they are trying to get a serious message across.

But if it makes some people think about cell phone safety, then good!

-

-

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement