LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » A concern - Update. Very worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A concern - Update. Very worried
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've still been taking adderall on and off. I know, I know, just shows how dumb i can be. I'm not asking for support, maybe just possible explanations, and to share.

So yes, I am the at the top when it comes to making terrible choice, and even though I was in a very bad place in every way possible and didn't care if i died, I'm extremely disgusted by my choices.

Soo tried going back on adderall per my Doctors orders even after telling him about the heart pain I've experienced on it. Yup. Doesn't get much crazier than that huh. Facial swelling/tingling,
edema like sweling in legs, hands, eyes, too, although not puffy. Sharp pain in back, delerium (yeah that's a common effect of the med too) jaw pain teeth pain, arm pain, etc.

Anyway while in ER last month with these symptoms they found i had a UTI w protein or blood and gave me Keflex to treat. Two days later I broke out w a non raised rash under my bottom lip, n a few days after that mouth ulcers and faint pink acne like rash on chest. discontinued both meds. Only thing that hasn't disappeared within five day time pd was the acne like rash. It'd have to be from Keflex, right?

besides having a herpes outbreak last year, i have never had so much as a pimple on my face, never mind a rash.

two weeks later (present time) my einstein self started adderall again, it didn't work one bit, only once again brought on EVERY heart attack/stroke symptom in the book. (Nothing new, i know) but along with another rash! Or at least it worsened the one from the prior month which was barely visible now. The rash spread up causing pin sized dots below jawline, and also back and shoulders. Only back is itchy and burning, others sensationless. Also new symptom of both legs and feet going numb last night and conjunctivitis like feeling

Idk how but Im pretty sure i have this insane crazy strong skin defense system, which is why I'm only presenting w skin manifestations now. Like I said, my skin has never even let a pimple pop up in my teenage years.

Rambling, sorry, but these sx sounded close to sjs so Hmmmm

Also what is with my heart?! I've never once had heart issues b4, never an allergy, why would a fairly harmless stimulant cause strictly heart related symptoms. I'm wondering if i developed an allergy to sulfa when i was on bactrim last year, idk. I'm scared to even take keflex now though and I know i need something for this UTI.

Thanks Guys....and the pills have been flushed, im scared I've developed a drug sensitivity, and if that is the case, wow I don't even want to think about it

[ 07-02-2015, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: HK ]

--------------------
Back At It

Posts: 203 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you can stay away from the Adderall. It is obviously very dangerous for you to be taking it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And why would I take something that was causing such severe heart issues twice a week on avg and so toxic to my body overall, was because on the other days, I'd feel slightly numb, or really good.
And that's what I feel I need right now since I'm having an extremely difficult time dealing w the realities and very real cognitive declination, and fatigue.

--------------------
Back At It

Posts: 203 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

although I always felt a minor heart sx everyday*
thanks guys.
i hope one day I'll be able to help and support with your issues as you have mine

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Thanks lymetoo. 😩😨 I'm def done with it

--------------------
Back At It

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know. It's hard either way. I have a friend who almost died from taking Adderall. So I have strong feelings about it.

Please take care and find a way to use more natural ways to feel better. Right now I can't think of anything else that would help you except maybe a bottle of Solaray's "Nerve Blend."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

I don't know now. Ugh

I took keflex for a uti (also blood in urine) and that is when the skin eruptions began.

Timeline
First non raised rash under mouth
Second mouth ulcers
Then acne like bump on chest
Next non colored bump on wrist
Then purple and red dime sized spots on legs and lots of reg small bruises
Then another case of acne like rash but this time on chest,back, and jawline
Then liver like spots on chest and left arm (lasted only a day)

Also swelling in face w pain which is pretty constant, one bout of severe swelling from knee down which lasted an hour. My hands hurt w veins more visible. back pain. Right middle stomach i have dull pain, under rib dull pain. Heart pain w exertion. Out of breath very easily. Confusion. Extremely tired. Today stool covered in mucous....and i mean covered. quarter inch lines of it all over

All these are new sx that began a month ago besides the angina pain.

had a reg UA done yesterday which was normal.

Also I'm 28

Could the untreated uti have progressed to something else. I just feel like everything is shutting down.

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Thanks lymetoo. I have pinella which might help

Oh and I forgot to mention the intermittent fevers. I get about 3 a day that last for about an hour. It's all do strange😕

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

I want to restart the keflex (only took two pills) but now, I'm worried. If this is some sort of drug hypersensitivity reaction it could be from 3 different drugs, but I'm scared all drugs will hurt me now

--------------------
Back At It

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't see how 2 pills got rid of a UTI?

You may be having a reaction to the Keflex, that can happen at any time.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymieloo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymieloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever tried d-Mannose for a uti? It doesn't always work, it depends on the cause, but it's relatively cheap, completely safe, and available at most health food stores. Here's some info if you're interested:

http://www.tahomaclinicblog.com/d-mannose-for-bladder-and-kidney-infections/

--------------------
Bless the Lord, oh my soul. -- Psalm 103

Posts: 102 | From WA | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

I'm pretty sure it could be some type of vasculitis as i have every symptom and have been thinking about this for months now...but I don't want to jump to any conclusions which is why I'm asking for input. I just posted some results from yesterday's blood work.

I will try the d man, as I've lost vision again a couple nights ago in my right eye. Well it was more like a black veil covering my eye

Lymetoo, your 100% correct which is why I'm scared it has progressed to kidney infection/damage. Idk it just feels like my whole body is shutting down And at the age of 29, this is very depressing. I've been bedridden, fever that comes and goes, and back, stomach, arm pain that radiates and can be dull to sharp. It seems to be everywhere but my upper right area. Well I don't want to keep repeating myself....

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

I heard manganese is also good for eyes and inflammation* so will def try that!

Thanks😊

--------------------
Back At It

RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to check into POTS. I had leg and hand swelling, extreme fatigue, heart pain, dizziness, and shortness of breath.
It's all gotten better with POTS treatment.

I'm taking Midodrene for it.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Thanks RC! I'll research and bring it up to the dr next visit

--------------------
Back At It

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement