LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ulcers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ulcers
linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for a natural/herbal remedy to work on a peptic/gastric ulcer.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.amazon.com/Gastra-zyme-90tb-Biotics-Research-Tabs/dp/B000UQTEHY/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1437235168&sr=1-1&keywords=cabbage+pills

Take this and drink cabbage juice. It will heal your ulcer. Cabbage juice was proven to heal peptic ulcers in the fifties.

Also you can get DGL licorice and slippery elm. Chew as much DGL, but still be cautious with it. It can cause some heart issues.

Slippery elm - just make a kind of tea / paste with warm water. Add honey if you can handle it.

My severe reflux and possible ulcer was gone if a few months of this.

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most ulcers are caused by bacteria called Helicobacter pylori.

No amount of DGL, cabbage juice or slippery elm will cure the ulcer but will relieve the symptoms if it truly is an ulcer of this nature.

I honestly suggest seeing a gastroenterologist and having an endoscopy and/or breath test. Cure is usually 2 antibiotics with something like zantac.

You can pass this bacteria through saliva, so husbands and wives often both have the bacteria although not everyone gets the symptoms. Both, should be tested, though or it continues to be passed back and forth.

I just went through this and I used the tesla high frequency violet device and my energy healer to kill the germ. It worked and I am much better.

I had this also 25 years ago, so I know how painful it is, but back then they did not test for H. pylori and just used zantac to heal the ulcer.

I think you need to know the cause before trying to eradicate it. Use of slippery elm and marshmallow root definitely help with symptoms, but so does zantac.

[ 07-18-2015, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I read, the cabbage juice has antibacterial properties, which is what heals the ulcer. I'll have to find the study and post it.

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

While researching for an unrelated topic, we came across an enlightening study from 1949. It included:

"The average crater healing time for seven of these patients who had duodenal ulcer was only 10.4 days, while the average time as

reported in the literature, in 62 patients treated by standard therapy, was 37 days... The average crater healing time for six

patients with gastric ulcer treated with cabbage juice was only 7.3 days, compared with 42 days, as reported in the literature, for six

patients treated by standard therapy."

http://healthwyze.org/index.php/component/content/article/388-quick-tip-cure-ulcers-naturally-with-raw-cabbage-juice.html

--------------------

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1643665/

Thirteen patients with peptic ulcer were treated with fresh cabbage juice, which, experiments have indicated, contains an antipeptic

ulcer factor. This factor (vitamin U) prevents the development of histamin-induced peptic ulcers in guinea pigs.

The average crater healing time for seven of these patients who had duodenal ulcer was only 10.4 days, while the average time as

reported in the literature, in 62 patients treated by standard therapy, was 37 days.

The average crater healing time for six patients with gastric ulcer treated with cabbage juice was only 7.3 days, compared with 42

days, as reported in the literature, for six patients treated by standard therapy.

The rapid healing of peptic ulcers observed radiologically and gastroscopically in 13 patients treated with fresh cabbage juice i

ndicates that the anti-peptic ulcer dietary factor may play an important role in the genesis of peptic ulcer in man.

--------------------

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

http://www.naturalnews.com/027454_cabbage_ulcers.html

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
as hiker53 explains about h plylori, I agree.

It's really important to be a assessed for h Pylori. I'm not sure that any natural method will adequately address that so it's vital to know if the ulcer is caused by h pylori or not.

Certain Rx can cause ulcers, too, so that would need a little detective work. But, even if some Rx had been taken and an ulcer developed, h pylori could be in the picture as well.

The Rx treatment is very specific, a combination approach but it does not have to be for very long but if it's not done just right, this could go one forever and ever.

Rife machine - or Tesla, perhaps - seem reasonable considerations and you'd know before very long if either would work for you.

IMO, though, no supplement or food is going to really work to eliminate h pylori effectively.

Until you settle on an aggressive assessment / approach, the supplements & certain foods may help.

CELIAC should also be assessed, via genetic blood work or saliva DNA sample.

If you are gluten free, be sure that nothing is slipping through the cracks. Web search:

Hidden Sources of Gluten
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=077879;p=0

See 2nd post here by D Bergy re: H Pylori and Rife frequency

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/search/search_forum/1

LymeNet Archives

Search in Medical forum, subject line:

TESLA
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/helicobacterpyloriinfections.html

Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)

http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/peptic-ulcer/Documents/hpylori_508.pdf

Peptic Ulcers and H. pylori

8-page pdf
-

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

linky I forgot I was taking mastic gum too. Good stuff for all kinds of things. I found someone else's experience as well.

These results suggest that mastic has definite antibacterial activity against H. pylori. This activity may at least partly explain the anti–

peptic-ulcer properties of mastic.1,2 Examination of the anti–H. pylori effect of the various constituents of mastic, which have been

recently identified,4 may pinpoint the active ingredient. Mastic is cheap and widely available in Third World countries; therefore, our

data should have important implications for the management of peptic ulcers in developing countries.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199812243392618

Yes, I had H Pylori and got rid of them with the following:
Turmeric - it stops both hpylori and any burrowing types of bacteria and fungus adhering to the stomach lining so they get flushed out more easily.

Raw Garlic. It doesn't kill them but if it kills Candida and if you've been taking antibiotics, the candida has probably thrived. It also helps with the inflammation caused by HPylori.

Raw Ginger. Helps with inflammation.
Coconut Oil. The mono-lauric acid in it kills h pylori and other bacteria

DGL. A raw form of licorice root. I had to order some from the US. It also helps with inflammation, kills HP, soothes and helps heal the gut.

Mastic Gum. Also kills HP
A good strong probiotic... you'll need this especially if you've been on the tripple antibiotic therapy. It will restore the good bacteria which will compete with the bad ones and help kill them off.

L Glutamine. It can be a bit pricey. I began juicing cabbage juice which is high in it but it tastes horrible and it's a lot of effort. I ended up then getting one of those amino acid mixed powders f

from a body building place and then I ended up finding a liquid vitamin that had 2mg of L Glutamine in it. You probably should consider taking a liquid multivatimin anyway because the HPylori

will cause inflammation of the stomach lining which decreases absorption of nutrients. If you're taking PPIs or H2 blockers, nutrient absorption will also be reduced.

Alkalizing foods and in smaller portions. This will help with digestion also.
Proper food combining. There are lots of charts online, just do a

search. It also helps to digest foods faster which will helps with healing the gut.
That's what I can remember from the top of my head. At first, it

didn't make me feel better. In fact it made me feel worse because of the candida 'die off' effect. Apparently, they explode and release

horrible toxins that make you feel like utter crap. Eventually, though I got better. I had a really bad case of it, along with severe

gastritis. I'm talking so severe that I was hospitalized several times because I was unable to eat or drink water. I was so thin my ribs

were sticking out of my body about 5 cm. It hurt to lay down. Slowly though, I won that battle.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
With glutamine, be very cautious about that as for those with lyme, it can be toxic & cause some nerve damage and hyper excitabilty.

Detail about glutamine and it's toxic nature to those with nerve tissue illness:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/113775?#000000

Topic: Amino Acid Information Link

See post: Caution: Aspartate; Glutamine; and Phenylalanine (3 excitatory amino acids that can be wrong for us when added as supplements, beyond a normal dietary level)

Seaweed has its own natural MSG and can be very excitatory
-

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Hey Keebler have you heard anything positive about mastic gum and lyme? Does it kill that too?

I may go buy some again.

--------------------

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Keebler is this similar to the lyme spirochete? Not exactly the same shape, but is lyme gram negative too?

H. pylori is a helix-shaped (classified as a curved rod, not spirochaete) Gram-negative bacterium about 3 μm long with a

diameter of about 0.5 μm. It is microaerophilic; that is, it requires oxygen, but at lower concentration than is found in the

atmosphere. It contains a hydrogenase which can be used to obtain energy by oxidizing molecular hydrogen (H2) produced by intestinal

bacteria.[16] It produces oxidase, catalase, and urease. It is capable

of forming biofilms[17] and can convert from spiral to a possibly viable but nonculturable coccoid form,[18] both likely to favor its survival and be factors in the epidemiology of the bacterium.

--------------------

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Anyone else hear anything about mastic gum for lyme?

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Q: Does mastic gum kill lyme?

I would never make that assumption but it may be helpful in ways other than actual "killing" - as a resin, it could be helpful in moving out toxic waste from the gut. A more natural cholestyramine of sorts.

As for whether it possesses antimicrobial properties, depends on the source & which study you consider. You'd need to talk to someone who has expertise in this area. I do not.

A LL ND would best be able to answer your question, though, and suggest the best source. For starters:

The Wiki link won't paste here. Go to Wiki and look up:

Mastic (plant resin)

Excerpt:
. . . Mastic contains antioxidants and also has antibacterial and antifungal properties.[4] A Nottingham University study published in the New England Journal of Medicine claims that mastic can cure peptic ulcers by killing Helicobacter pylori bacteria.[5]

Other studies have indicated that mastic has only a modest ability to eliminate H. pylori but have also suggested that refining mastic by removing the polymer poly-β-myrcene may make the active components, particularly isomasticadienolic acid, more available and effective.[6]

Mastic may also have some value in preventing tooth decay[7] and gingivitis[8] as chewing mastic reduces oral bacteria. . . .

[then look up the sources of those statements, etc.]

Also look to MYRRH as it's also a resin and is said to possess some antimicrobial properties so it would be interesting to look as those in tandem.

Q: . . . Is lyme gram negative, too?

Yes. But that similarity may not mean as much as one might think when first reading it.

Q: is H pylori like lyme?

Well, some say it's a spirochete but there are many spirochetes and while there are some similarities in the "way they move" or such, it would be a stretch to equate it to lyme. Yet . . . we have much to learn.

A LL doctor would be best to answer your questions about this, though.
-

[ 07-19-2015, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Cool thanks brother.

--------------------

linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Has anyone made the cabbage juice? I don't have a juicer and wondered if a blender would work.

Not wanting to fork over the money for a juicer right now.

Will check into the H pylori as well.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an excellent video from Amy Yasko where she talks about the impact and treatment of H.Pylori:

https://vimeo.com/26847817

When H.Pylori gets out of hand it can cause more than just ulcers or a bit of stomach pain/nausea.
Think neurological, ocular, leaky gut and a whole range of other problems.

H.Pylori and MTHFR issues amplify each other, thats important to know. It causes more imbalances in neurotransmitters for example.

Yasko finds H Pylori a very important factor when trying to deal with MTHFR issues, so she now focuses heavily on treating it.

Posts: 381 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement