LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Feet turned bluish black (pic included)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feet turned bluish black (pic included)
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So i haven't had any cardio/circulatory issues in exactly a month and have been feeling relatively good. Until today that is and it was the worst experience yet. I'm still not symptom free and very scared.

Around 11 am the heels of my feet turned blackish blue along with bluish colored hands and what looked like every vein and artery protuding and popping out big time.

Although still visible, the black and blue stuck around for an hour and then began to fade pretty rapidly while the hands only became darker w more veins and sharp pains throughout the day.

Then i became dizzy,suffered chest pain, burning pressure and angina, arm pressure (felt like i had 10 turnacits sp? on my arm. Toe tingling, spinning sensation, new rashes/marks, skin mottling, severe localized back pain, jaw pain and extreme fatigue. I don't think the sx were psychosomatic or thought induced bc they were just too severe.

Of course i went to the er and the ekg was fine. Idk what to think of it. My body is just totally and completely losing it and idk what to do [confused]

Also when i got home I had palpitations for an hour. I still have chest pain, hand pain, tightening feeling in arm and both legs, and blue skin and am just so worried

(Also blood results were wacky. Will update on my prior post)
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

Breaking this up for easier reading for many here -

[ 08-04-2015, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------
Back At It

Posts: 203 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Go BACK to the E.R. Get someone to drive you or take a taxi. Somehow, get yourself there.

Something is wrong. They should not have dismissed you unless this discoloration did not appear at that time.

It's very important that you seek emergency care now, right now, so that this can be assessed and addressed.

Take care.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Since your hands are also involved, I'm not as likely to ask if maybe a new sock, not washed before wearing might have rubbed off some dye. Of course, do think back as to if there is anyway any kind of dye transfer might have occurred, but then that would not explain the veins.

Is there any chance that you've had any flea bites recently? Or have you been around any wood piles -- or mice? Any pet shops?

If so, tell the E.R. doctor. There is a very specific reason I ask but, nevertheless, get to an E.R. - every minute matters right now.

There are MANY things this could be but bubonic plague should also be considered. Really. There are several cases in the U.S. each year. In 2002, two New Mexico residents were visiting New York City when they became ill and ultimately diagnosed with bubonic plague.

If you might have traveled out west or had any kind of connection with a pet or items from out west, keep that in mind regarding possible flea bites. Even if you can't make any connection, the kind of flea that can transmit this does exist in NYC area.

This may not be it, and that it seems to come and go seems odd, still,

IF this is it, no time to freak out over the name. It's an infection transmitted by fleas primarily. It need not be the end of you unless it's ignored. If this is it, waiting too long for care can cause loss of digits or limbs.

It IS TREATABLE but time is of the essence, no matter what is going on. Doctors may not think of this but it is very important to get someone to listen to you about this possibility.

This looks similar to your foot:

http://rarediseases.about.com/od/infectiousdiseases/ig/Pictures-of-Bubonic-Plague/impending-gangrene.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague

Bubonic plague

[ 08-03-2015, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What meds are you taking?
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Adding to Judie's question as to if any Rx you are taking might be causing this, another consideration:

http://vcel.com/cardiovascular-disease-patients/about-critical-limb-ischemia/

Critical limb ischemia (CLI) is the most severe form of peripheral arterial disease (PAD) caused by chronic inflammatory processes associated with atherosclerosis that result in markedly reduced blood flow to the legs, feet and hands
. . .

Symptoms of CLI

Critical limb ischemia symptoms may include:

Pain or numbness in the feet or toes

Open sores, skin infections or ulcers that will not heal

Dry gangrene (dry, black skin) of the legs or feet. . . .
-

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Judie. I don't want to take whatever she is taking! Just kidding.

Actually, I know none of your history, but if heart checks out and all is good there, could it be Reynaud's Syndrome? It can appear as one of the later stages of Lyme disease.

It sometimes appears just before the Lyme ACA skin manifestations and combined neurological/pain symptoms.

Here is a picture of the red/white and blue/white hands. I get the red/white stuff and on occasion I have the blue. This is a bad case of it, so view it with that in mind.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Raynaud%27s_Syndrome.jpg

Here is a progression of Lyme ACA skin stuff- pictures with some blue and red and livedo also. Click on the top left where it says "Slideshow" to see pics enlarged. This is more "typical" than the pics at the link above.

https://picasaweb.google.com/AfterTheBite/LymeACAProgression

Here are other rashes and skin pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/AfterTheBite/LymeTBDRashes

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
if you've not gone to the E.R. overnight . . .

call your PCP doctor's office and speak with someone there who can help you. Send them the photo and copy that part where you describe symptoms.

See if they can advise you.

Be sure someone does a glucose test, too.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Ummmm. Any news? How are you doing today?
-

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone. Thanks for the support. When i got to the er they didn't treat me very well since I have no insurance (still waiting to hear back from the state) and of course since I had no signs of being near death i was released.

The discoloration was still there when I had arrived but nowhere near as dark. Like i mentioned it stayed as dark as in that pic for about two hours but then began fading and by the time I got to er it was reduced by half.

They ran the usual bloodwork, a d dimer, asked if i had a history of blood disorders, and did an ekg, chest xray and sent me on my way with a referral to a rheumatologist and cardiologist.

Idk what to do. I feel sicker by the hour. Also I was waking up with itchy hives on my foot for about a month that just stopped a few days ago (didn't mention that to er doc)

I know i have raynauds since two years ago my one finger turned white during the winter, and luckily right before a visit to my pcp. I didn't even mention it to him, he pointed it out and said u have raynauds! I thought nothing of it again tho since it didn't bother me and only happened on that one occasion.

[ 08-04-2015, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------
Back At It

Posts: 203 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

I also had the skin mottling while at er. This doesn't appear to be a raynauds thing since my whole hand will turn only one color whether..when they turn a light to medium blue my veins become freakishly visible, even on the tips of my finger, and when red there will be mottling. I'm so sick and so scared. I'm too sick to even make phone calls. I just don't have anything left in me right now

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Icon 9 posted      Profile for HK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler i have all the sx of cli besides open sores....plus weird bruising on left leg (rectangular shaped bruise on calf with outer purple lines and a cluster of about 7 small bruises on side of leg) that appeared at the same time. Also very recently developed thrombus. It's all so weird.

But can gangrene only last for two hours?

And thanks keebler, i was in nyc about a month ago but was having weird circulation issues before. Although I felt pretty good this past month or so (not bedridden) i now feel worse than ever

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

The thrombus occurred once in my foot, once on my finger, and the last two times I was given an iv. Bright red streak.

I just did a little research on the symptoms and noticed two more that i recently developed! Shiny skin! Mostly on hands but also limbs, very dry sensitive skin and extreme thickening of my fingernails. It says toes, but i can't really tell. Sorry for the the multiple posts, a bit hazy n overwhelmed.

--------------------
Back At It

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Q: Can gangrene only last for two hours?

Well, I'm not a medical person by any stretch so you'd need a doctor for that one but it would seem that it would be more likely some kind of neurological controlled &/or vascular / spastic matter that is cutting off the blood supply but then, back on, off, sporatically.

Seems that might no be so on & off were bubonic plague to be a player here, though. I use "seems" and "might" a lot as I can't say for sure. Just my thoughts.

Raynaulds can do that. Raynaulds has many ways it can manifest, it's not always the same in the same person.

The thrombosis would also be of concern here.

Even if for two hours, it's dangerous and there could be cell death. At the very least, during that time, your tissue is going through a lot that certainly requires better medical attention than what you got.

I hope others can chime in with the next step for you.

Have you called your PCP? You don't say anything about what your PCP says about this, sounds like you've not even called them? Do not take what the ER says / how they treat you as a signal to retreat.

Please call your PCP first thing in the morning. Email them that photo.

I hesitate to suggest any herbs but maybe magnesium might be of some help and seems safe (to my mind) . . . if this is some kind of neuro spasm related thing, magnesium might help.

Good luck.
-

[ 08-05-2015, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

I have yet to call my pcp. He thinks I'm a hypochondriac, as do friends of mine who work there. I will be looking for a new doctor online tonight though.

Also edited my prior post keebler. Thanks again for all your input (:

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

One more thing. About 6 wks ago the hair on my legs completely stopped growing for almost two weeks. Such strange symptoms

--------------------
Back At It

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Well, the charcoal patches on your foot / leg cannot be imagined. I would leave out all that other stuff for now, though as the main focus should be on the discoloration and other acute symptoms.

Hair on my arms and legs had stopped growing for sometime before I even realized. A doctor asked me why I was "bald" on my arms and I had not even noticed. Been about 15 years now, and it does not bother me. I do think it may be some kind of endocrine thing, though, I have bigger fish to fry in so many other pans right now.

Q for you: are you taking ANY antibiotics right now?

I ask because you asked if gangrene can last just a couple hours. To my amateur mind, if from infection, that would seem not too likely.

However, if you are taking antibiotics or if your body might be mounting some kind of attack if there is some bacteria in your body that is causing the discoloration, I wonder if it might be able to come and go a bit?

Also, you should be taking some good antioxidants. If the darkness is due to any tissue die-off, it's likely that you'd have elevated oxidation circulation in your body. Free radical quenchers / antioxidants would be vital to help offset that.

I understand your not wanting to contact your PCP due to their perception of you. I hope you find another doctor.

You mentioned having been in NYC, I think, but my comment about fleas there being the same kind that could carrier Bubonic plague (though no cases from residents there) was to show that it can be anywhere.

Do think back to if you've been around any pets or mice / rats or where they've been. If you may have had any flea bites.

While there are many other things this could be and I think Raynaulds (as Tincup mentions) the most likely at this point, it is important to think back to where you've been. Or if you've ordered items from eBay or the like, private parties shipping clothing, etc.

Did you check all your Rx for side effects (as Judie wondered?)
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Blood glucose should be checked. Do you - or any friends / family have a glucose meter that you can use ASAP? This is really important.

If you still have discoloration or cycles of it before you find a new doctor, go to a different URGENT care during the daytime. And don't leave until they at least check your blood glucose - but I hope they will consider more than that.

But your insurance may not cover that. Can you get your spirit to shake off past encounters and know that something is going on and talk to your PCP, let them know about this and just the 5 major symptoms?

Remember, you are buying their service. They are there with knowledge and you simply are seeking knowledge. Just do not let any attitude or emotions get in the way, either theirs or yours.

It can take a long time to get into even a new regular PCP. This is an urgent case.
-

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Thanks for your response. Other than this forum, I have gotten no support or help for these disabling, terrifying symptoms. Only screamed at bc i won't accept this is only lyme..and or perceived as a wack job so it really means a lot to me.

My blood glucose was fine as was my blood 02 levels. I know my body and i know something else is going on. My circulation is collapsing. An example is I had a hair tye around my wrist for 10 minutes this morning and still have the mark from it. My skin is so sensitive.

All heart attack symptoms, cold legs, veins everywhere n this tight feeling on my limbs and arms. Like there are turnicuts all over. Bunch of other sx but I've mentioned them. Sorry for the redundancy. I'm just so ill and feel like i won't make it much longer.

Also just noticed 2 new marks on my lower legs/ankles. I'll post pics if i can. One small mark resembling a cut which bled with non itchy hive like marks around it, and the other is a blue ring around my inner ankle bone

[ 08-04-2015, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

I have acai I'll take. What do you think of an erosion salt bath?

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

And i actually just started taking doxy about a week and a half ago.

Oh wait, just remembered. I was down the jersey shore this weekend...right before this happened and everyone was complaining about these new bugs. Idk what kind of insect it was exactly, but it caused a painful stinging sensation and then would itch. all family members and myself were bit at least 30 plus times. Everyone on the boardwalk was complaining about these bugs.

--------------------
Back At It

Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had that reaction to medications and toxic exposure, that's why I asked what you were taking.

Blood flow is being effected and not getting to all the cells, that's what's causing the mottled skin.

There's definitely a cardiovascular thing going on.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Hey, yeah the circular/heart/skin issues have been going on since april which i do believe was caused by adderall mixed w other psycgo drugs. I started taking the doxy to see if it would help my eyes and abdominal cramping.

My eyes have become very symptomatic as well. I've had burning, cloudy vision, blurry vision, redness, brief yellow vision in one eye and 3 bouts of temporary vision loss at night. Those come and go but they are always severely dry. The doxy is def helping though.

Breaking up the paragraph for easier reading for many here -

[ 08-04-2015, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------
Back At It

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi HK - we want as many people as possible to be able to read what you're saying here, so could you please break up your text into a couple lines at a time?

Don't know if this will help your vision challenges or not - I drink mangosteen juice to stop all Lyme eye symptoms. I like the Mango-Xan version as it's the most tart. It's available in health food stores and online.

I hope you get some answers soon!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Although some of your trouble seem to have started before this and does seem to involve cardio-vascular as Judie reminds, regarding your reference to insects of your past weekend - did the discolored skin come AFTER the weekend?

http://www.allisonpest.com/blog/2010/08/04/what%E2%80%99s-biting-you-on-the-new-jersey-shore/

What’s Biting You On The New Jersey Shore? - August 4, 2010
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You asked: "What do you think of an erosion salt bath?" (end quote)

Absolutely sounds like it would be dangerous. Undoubtedly, there is a problem with circulation. You do not want to put yourself in a warm or hot bath right now and "erosion" sounds like it would just eat your skin off.

Never heard of that term with a bath and neither has Google [wonder if you meant "Epsom salts bath" - still, no bath until you get medical advice, it might force the body into a danger zone]

It does not appear you have the circulation to handle the demands of the body from heat - or the ordeal of a bath feeling like you do, being dizzy, etc. Your "pipes" (vessels) &/or whatever is controlling the flow (neuro-vascular) are not working properly. Don't push it.

You need medical attention and medical advice on what steps to take regarding any next step.
-

[ 08-05-2015, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my first thought was circulation.

then your photo looked a lot like people I know with diabetes. but your sugar is fine.?

I have raynauds . would this cause such a deep blue/red? did you say they turn cold?

ERs are terrible and especially without insurance. not sure what to tell you. I hope you find answers.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any other ER you can go to? Although, it's true, ER's are awful. I'm not at all convinced that this isn't at an emergency condition, on top of chronic stuff from Lyme.

Could you see a cardiologist to make sure about your heart?

And I would think a Rheumatologist. Usually the Rheumatologists are completely anti-Lyme, but ther is one in NJ who does treat Lyme. Private Message me, if you want info.

I'm aware that money is likely a huge stumbling block for you. Keep posting here, and people will offer suggestions.

But first off, something needs to be better assesed here pronto!!

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HK...

I had this for years. If I would stop moving/pacing, for even a minute, the mottling/discoloration would instantly become more prominent, mostly in my lower legs and feet. I also had the shiny skin and loss of hair. My hands would turn instantly white if I reached for something in the freezer.

In my opinion, it is the result of hypoperfusion, poor circulation, and lack of oxygen. There is inflammation in the blood vessels; they open and close chaotically, and blood pools. Lack of blood flow/oxygen/nutrients to the hair follicles causes hair loss (I lost 2/3 of my hair). It was also associated with itching and paresthesia.

This symptom was also very painful; like a "whole body migraine"; a feeling of being crushed, with a migrating tourniquet on body parts.

As I became well, these, and all of my symptoms eventually disappeared (via mild Hyperbaric Oxygen). Most of my hair has grown back as well.

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HK - I'm pretty sure that I've found what you have described as your symptom on a Lyme symptom checklist that I think you'll want to read.

Since it contains a doctor's name who does research on Lyme and Co, I'm PMing you the website name and page number of the sx.

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
tulips,

website links are fine to post, and helpful (just don't type out the name). No one is going to have a website if they don't want it to help people. And it's important that we all have a chance to learn more about this if it comes up again. There are various LL researchers / author-doctors / presenters who have links posted to articles, etc..
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
HK,

Any changes?
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
HK,

If you still have discoloration and have not yet found a doctor, just realize that the staff is more experienced during the week.

As soon as that clock moves past 5 pm on Friday, you may not have the most experienced doctors at a Urgent Care clinic or ER, especially in the summer with the new rotation of interns & residents. I'm sure they mean well but a case like your is very complex and they may not have seen anyone with such yet.

Or, maybe you'd get lucky and get someone who is more eager to solve the puzzle.

Hyperbaric oxygen may also be a wonderful tool to help reverse gangrene (which this may be, regardless of cause). And you are less likely to have that ordered with a newcomer on staff.
-

[ 08-07-2015, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler - thanks. You're right about the information being good for everyone to know. I found the description on personalconsult.com/checklist. It's important to add the word checklist because it takes you to the correct screen.

It's on page 110 under Lyme symptoms. Each page has the number typed on it even though it shows as page 116 (or 119 - I forget) on the button at the side of the computer screen.

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
tulips, Thanks for where to find this. I also found reference to "hairless" something my limbs did a very long time ago. The bottom button matches the page number in upper left of page but my side counter does not match. pdf often don't

http://www.personalconsult.com/free/Checklists2012.pdf

Excerpt from the Lyme Disease Checklist chapter, page 110

Postive ACA (Acrodermatistis chronica atrophicans) which is a sign of long term untreated Lyme disease. Some report ACA begins as a reddish-blue patch of discolored skin, often of the hands or feet. it may include the back in some patients.

The lesion slowly atrophies over months to years, with many developing skin that is thin, dry, hairless, wrinkled and abnormally colored. The color of the extremities such as hands and feet can be red, dark red, brown, dark blue or purple."
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Although this can be another lyme symptom and with so many symptoms over time is sure gets wearing, skin so very discolored still requires careful MD or ND attention for the here and now to address the lack of / deficit in circulation / oxygenation, whatever the variables may be.
-

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACA is predominately seen in Europe, as the culprit is the European strain, B afzelii (and, to a lesser degree B garinii, a European neurological strain).

Not to say it is impossible to have this strain in the US (I was infected with B garinii, which is carried by sea birds, on Block Island, RI), but these strains are considered very rare in the US as compared to other strains.

This seems like more of a vascular issue (rather than a skin manifestation), considering the history, onset, and fluctuating symptoms you described in your first post...

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACA is here in the USA and is reported to be caused by B. burgdorferi too, although it is reported as rare. Why?

Cause no one is looking for it. Even LLMD's, many of them sorry to say, have no clue. It is being misdiagnosed quite often or just overlooked.

I've heard of at least 100 reports along the east coast alone, and a few times its been found in people inland. I am sure there are many more cases undiagnosed.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Phoiph! Not trying to argue, not at all, but it does sound like it. My sever keeps cutting out and I've lost several posts/emails tonight, so trying to say it and post it as quickly as possible. Like now.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Here is an interesting discussion on the subject:

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5091

Tincup
Member # 5829

I made it through page 1, but when I saw McStupid was still posting there I just laughed. I can't believe what he spews anywhere at any time. Sorry.

Here is something that makes me think twice about all studies that state what can and can't be where, and in what at any given time. It breaks all the rules. I just posted info about it in the General Section a few days ago.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

So far this virus has been found in lone star ticks in 3 state parks in Florida, after over approximately 60 years of being thought to be extinct, and never known to be in USA before.

It was thought to be exclusive to fruit bats, but now it is discovered in ticks continents away. Up to 25% of the ticks collected in Florida were infected with this virus.

They still have no clue about the reservoir host needed to keep it thriving and it isn't in rats that were tested although according to some it should be.

The strain found should be diversified the closer to the original source where it is found. This strain was not, leaving researchers to think it could be that ground zero for the virus is far away.

This tick borne virus and its wicked symptoms, ending in death, could be upsetting to some people, so please consider that before reading the article.

https://sites.google.com/site/floridalyme/news-articles/new-old-virus-found-in-florida-ticks

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Hey guys, I'm sitting in the er waiting room again. The black hasn't come back but various parts of feet Ankles and hands turn blue or red and white throughout the day. I came this morning because my throat feels like its swelling up and leg pains are getting worse by the hour. The fatigue too. I just don't know what to even say to the drs anymore. I'm so tired, confused, and sick.

--------------------
Back At It

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Well, this would certainly rattle and frazzle the most collected individual on the planet. I hope you get some answers, a good plan of action and some relief today. Take care.
-

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Hope you're doing better. I was just looking at the symptom list on personalconsult.com and discoloration of feet and hands falls under the Babesia Symptom list, not Lyme as I thought before.

Just FYI - for Babesia I take Artemisinin (Wormwood - two weeks on and one week off (my LLMD recommends two weeks off). I also take Sida Acuta tincture for Babesia.

SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HK I just saw an article on Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever causing this. They had to amputate the legs and arms because the infection spread too far.

You need to be checked for it if you have not. They need to assume a bacteria they can't identify if it isn't RMSP. Are you on IV antibiotics?

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Thank you all. Everything is progressing so oddly, so rapidly, and so terrifyingly that i just don't have any strength left to reach out but your concerns and advice have given me hope. Thanks for the pms Brussels and tulips. Thank you for all the information u provided me with! And Yes my teeth have been hurting for a couple months now. One more so than the others but theyre all achy.

Unfortunately am unable to get any medical help and it could take a couple more months before it goes through, if it goes through.

Yes, like you all think, I know this is not only lyme, but something much more. I know myself. I know my body. And i know this is new...different. I just can't figure out exactly what it is.

Since my last post i suffered severe lower right back pain for 5 days and nothing would relieve it. i had, within a weeks time, two episodes of extreme upper / mid right sided back pain accompanied with difficulty in breathing and a strong wheeze which I've never felt before. This morning I woke up with very bright white protuding lumps along my gums below my bottom teeth. Also the gum receding i noticed was shocking, but of course it's possible that the protusion made it look worse than it is. Idk.

I have heart issue signs and symptoms Angina pain (which has been better) slightly curved nails, hair loss in legs, palps, blue skin, mottling, tachy, others but ive listed them.

There seems to be a new and extremely painful symptom every few days. My periods are always abnormal now, when inserting a tampon the other day i felt this extreme stabbing pressure in my pelvis, also last 3 cycles the flow was black the first day meaning something is blocking it from starting when it should (sorry boys) other than that i have 0 gynecological issues. Lucky me lol

Again idk but i feel like my bodys shutting down and i kinda know it is. I've always been highly intuitive and idk i just feel it. I'm of course highly stressed and depressed on top of everything else and have lost my will to cope with this fight. There's truly only so much one can take and god can and does give people more than they can. But one day at a time right? Wrong. It's everyday. Every time. I'm sick sick sick. And worried sick bc of that stupid fight or flight mode. I wish i could take the flight instead of being stuck in between. it's all making me not me. Not even a little me is left. And I've always just wanted to be me. So that's how I feel. Hopefully it'll change. Bc I'm sooo tired of my role with it attitude. Of fake smiling and never giving up. I was happy. I was a model. I was loved. I was healthy. I WAS. Now I feel like a ghost. Sorry if this is depressing to others. I'm just so tired.

[ 08-21-2015, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: HK ]

--------------------
Back At It

HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

And again I cannot thank and appreciate you all enough. I wish i could hug all of you. 🙅💙

--------------------
Back At It

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

You can't lay there and die. If you can't see an Llmd right now, go the Herbal route. I know you feel terrible but please try to Fight for yourself.

I found a lot of your symptoms on "personal consult.com" under Babesia. He cites references that he researched in medical texts. His entire Checklist of symptoms is on the Internet. You can pull it up and then do the Control - F function and find them. It includes the purple and red mottled skin.

Stephen Buhner has written quite a few books on herbal healing for Lyme and Coinfections. While you wait to see if your insurance comes in, you can treat with herbs. Most herbs are only $10 a $15 per bottle and last a long time and you can get them from Amazon.

And right here on Lymenet, there's a wealth of information in case you decide to use herbs, etc.

Wishing you the best.
I

Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pictures are scary. Must be painful too.

IF Raynaud's:

Researchers found low levels of selenium and vitamin C in the blood of women with Raynaud’s disease.

OTC (over the counter) timed release vitamin C is available and is cheap. It comes in capsules.

Gamma E, a good form of vitamin E maybe helpful.

Consider too...D3 with K2. K2 helps keep calcium where it belongs - in the bones, not in plaque lining the blood vessels.

Google: Peripheral Artery Disease K2

As far as using herbs:

Consider curcumin & berberine (also with some black pepper extract in the formulation to potentiate the curcumin) by Swanson. It is not expensive:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=berberine+curcumin

Consider adding Claritin daily also:

"Digital cutaneous vascular responses to histamine and neuropeptides in Raynaud's phenomenon."

Here for you. You are not alone. Don't give up.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be blood pooling from POTS. Lots of us have POTS, some have blood pooling.
You may want to look into EDS type 3...makes us predisposed to POTS.
Plus MCAD (mast cell activation) goes along with these two lots of times.
I was lucky enough to end up with the trifecta myself.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement