LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The first Lyme cure?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The first Lyme cure?
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New hopeful Lyme cure, CZ-99.

http://kutv.com/news/local/utah-drug-research-company-curza-takes-aim-at-lyme-disease

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Hope there's more on this trial at New Haven, CT out soon! Sounds promising.

(Wish they hadn't picked that label. That's a well kown semi -automaic pistol model!)

Surprised it took a small pharma Co. in *Utah* to take this research on.

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...A long time ago, I linked Bb uses iron for quorum sensing - biofilm formation, not to replicate. LuxS.

"My results showed that at 100 micromolar concentration,

the inhibition effect of iron chloride on the biofilm formation was statistically significant"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ICzbbhXS5CwJ:http://www.researchgate.net/post/What_is_a_good_positive_control_for_a_biofilm_assay

Although the above is a way to combat staph aureus...I'm guessing the same may hold true for Bb.

I think we have to make full use of our chloride channels for drug delivery.

"Chloride channels as drug targets"

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First link shuts down my browser

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It still works for me.

http://kutv.com/news/local/utah-drug-research-company-curza-takes-aim-at-lyme-disease

Here is a copy & paste:

"Utah drug research company, Curza, takes aim at Lyme disease

(KUTV) Curza, a Provo-based pharmaceutical research company, is on the cusp of a medical breakthrough that could treat victims of chronic Lyme disease.

The company is entering phase two of clinical research on their newly designed antibiotic called CZ-99. They'll soon be testing the drug on infected mice at the University of California, Davis.

An initial clinical trial at the University of New Haven in Connecticut, found CZ-99 to be 60 percent more effective in treating Lyme disease than the traditional antibiotics used to treat the illness.

Curza CEO Ryan Davies says they have a patent on a technology used to penetrate bacteria's protective outer layer, or biofilm, making its new antibiotic more effective than outdated medications.

"We've developed a drug that's a two-in-one combination," said Davies. "We're able to break up the biofilm and force a dispersion and then come in with the antibiotic portion and kill the bacteria that resided inside."

The FDA has named the study of biofilm technology one of it's top priorities and has agreed to fast-track the marketability of companies that can safely prove the technology in clinical trial.

"We're learning with many different disease states, Lyme Disease happens to be one of them, that traditional antibiotics just don't work against certain infections," says Davies.

Lyme disease is contracted through ticks and according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 300,000 Americans are diagnosed with the disease each year; many of them continue to live with symptoms for years.

Some big name celebrities have reported chronic symptoms associated with Lyme disease, including Alec Baldwin, President George W. Bush and pop singer Avril Lavigne, who recently talked about her condition being the "worst time of her life."

Curza is hopeful they've have an effective treatment hitting the market in the next few years.

"I think best case scenario is maybe three years or so, we may have a chance to be on the market," said Davies.

The company is also in the research and development phase for a number of other drugs that will potentially be used to treat antibiotic-resistant bacteria, tuberculosis and even cancer.

Follow us on Twitter @KUTV2News and LIKE us on Facebook for breaking news, updates and more."

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the IDSA is not a rational or logical organization when it comes to Chronic Lyme but....

"We're learning with many different disease states, Lyme Disease happens to be one of them, that traditional antibiotics just don't work against certain infections," says Davies.

Lyme disease is contracted through ticks and according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 300,000 Americans are diagnosed with the disease each year; many of them continue to live with symptoms for years."

This would imply that others outside of ILADS know that Chronic Lyme exists and is caused by bacteria! Or is my logical jump flawed?

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

The implications are quite clear.

I've never seen such backwards & inconsistent thinking under the health & science tutelage of the CDC. It begs the question, what other misleading pathways have they sent us down?

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope it all works out

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muscle Car55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MattH:
I know the IDSA is not a rational or logical organization when it comes to Chronic Lyme but....

Lyme disease is contracted through ticks and according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 300,000 Americans are diagnosed with the disease each year; many of them continue to live with symptoms for years."

This would imply that others outside of ILADS know that Chronic Lyme exists and is caused by bacteria! Or is my logical jump flawed?

All the Best, MattH

I understand it's hard for you those to perceive what's going on, some doctors like Dr. B, and Dr. H claim that the IDSA just has different views on this disease, that's all there is to it...

Believe me it's not that, the truth is, Doctors like Dr. B and Dr. H can't just come flat out and say they the IDSA is lieing... Because you have to have hardcore proof. I've had the #1 Lyme Doctor in Michigan look straight in my eyes and tell me that Under the Eightball Documentary is basically right on!

If you sit back for a second, think how government technology tends to be 10 years, 100 years, some say even 1000 years more advanced than standard scientists working in private labs like Dr. MacDonald. Believe me, they are all looking at the same thing through the microscope, biofilms and cysts. Self defense mechanisms that this bacteria can create to protect itself from dieing. It's really not that hard to understand, because organisms all around the world have done this through Evolution.

Anyways, what the IDSA and Government's angle is, not quite sure. Some say truely is biowarfare, it's been created to depopulate. Honestly, I don't know for sure. Whatever the truth is, the government has gone to great lengths to cover it up and let innocent people die. You don't look under a microsope at the same bacteria and see different things, sorry to say.

[ 08-31-2015, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

Posts: 267 | From MI | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muscle Car55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My personal experience...
--------------------------
When Lyme when Chronic in my body, two different Lyme Doctors pounded my body with all kinds of antibiotics for a whole year, nothing worked. It wasn't until the Doctor used Flagyl, I could actually was able to pick up a dumbbell again. I saw results within days of using the antibiotic...

Before I knew what I had, before Lyme went Chronic, I just had just flu like symptoms, my Doctor hit me hard with Amoxicillin for a whole month. The anitibiotic didn't knock it out.... 8 months later, I developed Sciatica and arhtritis in my limbs, thats when it became embedded or what some call chronic.

I've been on antibiotics for 4 years, I'm back to lifting weights even running. Still have lingering arthritis in my hands, wrists, and ankles, but it's minor. For first time in years, I went off antibiotics for six months, felt great. Until my right shoulder started acting up, for first month I just thought I had thrown it out playing catch with baseball or lifting weights. Then the left one started to flare up... lol, then I knew exactly what was happening.

My guess is, where the bacteria has settled in my body, ankles and wrists, there's probably still biofilm colonies there. The bacteria probably attempted to traveled up my arm to my shoulders to form new colonies. After I hit it with antibiotics(Flagyl, Ceftin, Doxy) all my shoulder pain went away.

In my experience, none of these symptoms from this disease are autoimmune. You erradicate source of the problem, you will eradicate all your symptoms. The trolls and other Doctors on the internet who think they know what they are talking are wrong!

I haven't been on Lyme Europe in a long time, but there were a few Doctors over there that were hammering Dr. MacDonald day in and day out, they're probably are all gone by now... I can't see any reasoning behind their bull**** arguments after most of the truth is out by now...

[ 08-31-2015, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

Posts: 267 | From MI | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Muscke, I see the bacteria in my blood ALL OVER & in just one drop of blood.

Furthermore, I also see the bacteria in my wife's blood & she is relatively asymptomatic. Her joints don't even hurt, they just started popping & snapping a few months ago. So it can be in your blood & all over, yet one may not be able to show the full disease.

I think the disease is more the bodies response to it with inflammatory & cytokine production, that along with how it does that with co-infections & tertiary infections.

Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

quote:
Originally posted by Lymedin2010:

I think the disease is more the bodies response to it with inflammatory & cytokine production, that along with how it does that with co-infections & tertiary infections.

Ok I'm assuming this is a response "In my experience, none of these symptoms from this disease are autoimmune."

Definition Autoimmune: When the body's immune system turns against itself and mistakenly attacks healthy cells.

The key word here is mistakenly, as if there is no current infection. And that's the main hypothesis behind the IDSA and most doctors when they say autoimmune, that the body is making the mistake, there is no current infection at all.

An overactive immune system does cause most of our symptoms with Lyme. But that does not mean it's autoimmune, I just hope you know that.

You kill the source of the problem, your immune symptoms will back off, as I've found out within days with certain antibiotics like Flagyl.

But do I think this disease can turn into another disease separately like Michael J. Fox's Parkinsons, sure. But I'm referring directly to most Lyme Chronic patients that the IDSA lies about and calls their symptoms autoimmune. They surely are not!

quote:
Originally posted by Lymedin2010:
Muscke, I see the bacteria in my blood ALL OVER & in just one drop of blood.

Furthermore, I also see the bacteria in my wife's blood & she is relatively asymptomatic. Her joints don't even hurt, they just started popping & snapping a few months ago. So it can be in your blood & all over, yet one may not be able to show the full disease.

As for you seeing spirochetes in you and your wife's blood, unless your a microbioligist with highly advance microscopes, I highly doubt your seeing the borrelia bacteria, as it hides mostly in tissue and you have to have a certain level of magnification to see it.

And yes, some people can be asymptomatic, because borreila can disguise itself with human DNA some how, it will go unotice by your immune system...

It's great your made a good point about asymptomatic. Regardless, erradicate the source of the problem, you will cure yourself. If you want to just treat your immune system symptoms, you will stay sick!

Good luck...

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I agree, in that an infection or event sparked an autoimmune disorder & that the autoimmunity did not just occur on its own.

I wonder about the Lymerix vaccine though, where the victims of the vaccine actually developed Lyme Disease. That might have been the WBC's developing antibodies to the disease, which then lead to autoimmune. On the other hand I wonder if the attenuation process was not sufficient enough to kill the blebs or cyst (round bodies) of bb & that the vaccine inadvertently seeded the disease. Some simple experiments with the vaccine could easily lead to the answer, but we will never know since they do not want us to.

The bb spirochetes CAN EASILY BE SEEN VIA MICROSCOPY OF THE BLOOD!!! Here is the research paper:
http://counsellingme.com/microscopy/MysterudAndLaane.pdf

Here is Dr. Alan MacDonald's links so you can compare visually to what I see.
http://alzheimerborreliosis.net/videos/

Now here are my videos:
In this video it forms a cyst:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsJ5Zit6q0U

In this video I show you that the movement is actually spiraling & one spirochete forms a hairpin & spirals onto itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmEMz-t1dA

In this video the spirochete burrows out of 2x rbc's attached & pulls both rbc's forward. It then releases a thin birthing daughter & retracts back into the rbc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFlZxnf-3wk

Here is the best video & one which shows the String of Pearl formation of blebs along the entire length of the spirochete.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbin5ZT6A5s

Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Lymedin2010 those vids are massive cool, thank you for the link to the pdf. I think we're basically on the same page.

Of course my opinions are all just theories too, I'm not a scientist, I go on what I've read and studied over the years, and my own experiences with antibiotics.

I feel strong about my opinions, just as you do, because we all know that basically the CDC and IDSA are basically lying and not telling us the truth surrounding this disease, like you suggested with the vaccine. I don't buy their explanation of it just being autoimmune and you don't need prolong antibiotics. They flat out dismiss the Embers study, as well as other new proof available.

Doctors in this capitalistic medical system, throw out the autoimmune diagnoses like candy. The word is overused big time, and all I see it as is chikching chikching, more money for them because they keep you on an autoimmune drug for the rest of your life.

Overall I think a lot of people's Chronic Lyme can be solved once we're able to get rid of biofilms and penetrate cysts. Proof is in the pudding with antibiotics like Flagyl and Tindazole, I've heard people getting straight out of wheelchairs with these drugs... And my own experience of using Flagyl.

Problem is since then, I've progressed slowly, and about 80%-90% better. I need something that can put me over the edge, to prevent this bacteria from forming new biofilm colonies and bacteria.

For the most part, our immune systems still have a super hard time pinpointing the bacteria. You would think our bodies could evolve and become immune to the bacteria like Ebola, but it's obvious that's not the case with everyone. From what I've read, the bacteria has to be the stealthiest disease on this planet.

I have never taken tindazole, kind of waiting since my last visit to the Doctor in Saginaw(after six months of being off abx) said "I thought you were gonna go on with your life." The comment really pissed me off, I responded to Dr.L saying you and I know this disease can come back anytime it likes to, his comment dissapointed me. But then again, I understand how much pressure is on these Lyme literate doctors and that they could easily lose their license. Even go to jail if something were to happen to a patient that is on longterm antibiotics.

Regardless, I dont know if I'm going back to him, because he's made it clear to me he doesn't want to treat any longer.

This drug needs to come out super fast, even if it works half the time! There's people 10x worse than me, but even I don't want to have to stay on antibiotics for rest of my life. 3 years is too long! And from I remember, they said that's the quickest scenario. I can't imagine the amount of people will die in that time through suicides, misdiagnosis etc...

Just remember to take milk thistle and alpha lipoic acid people, keep our kidneys and livers healthy...

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if this new drug is based on a plant? Perhaps someone with knowledge could research the patent to see which plant compound this drug is derived from?
Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this may be the patent info:

http://patents.justia.com/patent/9034927

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that if this comes to fruition....

$3500/pill?

Funny that this drug is named after a Glock pistol. Who is the gun pointed at this time? Lyme disease or the patients, I wonder.

I am hopeful but still cynical. The only info we have presently is that they are working on a cyst buster crossed with abx, which we've been after for a long time.Are we the hipsters of Lyme disease???

to me it seems like the "60% more effective" is because they added a cyst buster. Before this, all there was in the mainstream was 3 week of abx. Now they added a cyst buster and they are getting better results, but is it a cure?? Am I misunderstanding or are they just trying to make a drug that does what Tindamax/ Rocephin does? That certainly hasn't cured any of us.

Am I misunderstanding? Thgey didn't say anything that would sound new to most of us in the write up.

The other side of it is that if this actually IS a breakthrough, and it actually does cure Lyme, there's a whole host of other diseases that could go away as well. It could be groundbreaking!

Like I said, I don't see much there but maybe I'm still wearing my poop colored glasses..

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

From reading the patent info-- it seems as though this CZ-99 compound *might* be some sort of a vamped up POLYAMINE such as spermine or norspermine(these compounds are in plants):

"A recent study by Losick and co-workers demonstrated that the simple polyamines spermine and norspermidine (FIG. 23A) were naturally occurring inhibitors of biofilm formation, endogenously produced at high concentrations (50-80 μM) in response to nutrient limiting conditions and waste accumulation in mature pellicles (Kolodkin-Gal, I. et al., A self-produced trigger for biofilm disassemby that targets exopolysaccharide. Cell 149 (2012)). In this study, they were able to demonstrate that norspermidine could inhibit biofilm formation at 25 μM and showed that, at similar concentrations, it could disperse the exopolysaccharide component of the matrix but not the protein component. Interestingly, spermidine was only active at much higher concentrations (˜1 mM) leading them to propose a rationale for this activity in the ability of the polyamines to engage the acidic residues in the matrix at regular intervals (FIG. 23B)."

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Well.. norspermidine seems to be present in large amounts in Alfalfa and Chlorella---hmmmmm:

ALFALFA:
Rodriguez-Garay, B; et al. (1989). "Detection of Norspermidine and Norspermine in Medicago sativa L. (Alfalfa)". Plant Physiology 89 (2): 525–529. doi:10.1104/pp.89.2.525. PMC 1055875. PMID 16666576. ISSN: 0032-0889.

CHLORELLA
Hamana, K; Matsuzaki, S (1982). "Widespread Occurrence of Norspermidine and Norspermine in Eukaryotic Algae". J. Biochem 91 (4): 1321–1328. PMID 7096289. ISSN: 0021-924X.

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

quote:
Originally posted by lymeboy:
I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that if this comes to fruition....

$3500/pill?

Funny that this drug is named after a Glock pistol. Who is the gun pointed at this time? Lyme disease or the patients, I wonder.

I am hopeful but still cynical. The only info we have presently is that they are working on a cyst buster crossed with abx, which we've been after for a long time.Are we the hipsters of Lyme disease???

to me it seems like the "60% more effective" is because they added a cyst buster. Before this, all there was in the mainstream was 3 week of abx. Now they added a cyst buster and they are getting better results, but is it a cure?? Am I misunderstanding or are they just trying to make a drug that does what Tindamax/ Rocephin does? That certainly hasn't cured any of us.

Am I misunderstanding? Thgey didn't say anything that would sound new to most of us in the write up.

The other side of it is that if this actually IS a breakthrough, and it actually does cure Lyme, there's a whole host of other diseases that could go away as well. It could be groundbreaking!

Like I said, I don't see much there but maybe I'm still wearing my poop colored glasses..

I agree that if its a breakthrough it offer hope for other biofilms as well...

But... now that we know that billions of profits made off of Lyme- Alzheimers, Lyme-MS, Lyme-ALS, and Lyme-Chronic Fatigue would be threatened by an acutal cure for Lyme--- a real cure will never see the light of day.

"They" have easy ways of discrediting any drug that actually cures!! Their methods involves the $600,000 suitcase delivered to key committee members who then "disapprove" a drug in the FDA approval process. "They" also rig trials when they know a drug actually cures---- or works....so that drug never sees the light of day. The Rockefellers and their ilk have been doing these shenanigans for a long long time.

I feel a bit sorry for the Curza execs because they will never profit off of their discovery-- or they will be bought out, and it will never see the light of day-- and we will still be sick..

poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the persisters? Nothing mentioned.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyclymedout
Member # 45977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyclymedout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So can late stage Lyme people actually get better with today's drugs? Look at Avril have you seen her lately? She's doing incredible. Who the hell is treating her and what's her treatment!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 85 | From United States | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement