LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Coffee enema

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coffee enema
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc I saw yesterday convinced me to start doing the coffee enema.

I recall looking into it awhile back and knew my health was not doing well enough to do all the steps involved just to get things set up.

So, decided I will have caregiver set things up for me and then I will take it from there.

Need equipment and directions etc.

Hoping someone here can help. Most likely will order on line but could have caregiver go pick up equipment for me.

Thanks.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS My brain can not take in a lot of info.

Neither can the caregivers I have.

So, need bottom line kind of info.

Step 1.....

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what works for me:

Brew coffee and set aside to cool. Boiling is recommended, but I cheat and brew in an automatic coffeemaker with a steel mesh basket (no paper filter). Be sure coffee is organic!

I use a rubber enema bag set up, about $5 from Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cara-Combination-Personal-Hygiene-And-Enema-System-Water-Bottle-1pk/10320773

I take chlorella as a binder about 30 minutes beforehand.

Lay yoga mat and old towel on floor for comfort. Rolled towel for neck pillow, light blanket for comfort. Space heater if there is chill.

Place footstool in front of commode ("squatting" position helps with elimination).

Rinse enema bag/tubing with hot water before use, pre-warming helps the plastic clamp stay closed.

Bring two measured amounts of cooled coffee (I use 1.5-2 cups each) into bathroom along with drink, reading material, etc.

Fill bag with coffee. Be sure to run air out of tube!

Hang bag 18-24 inches from floor (I use door knob/towel rack). Lube up the tip and lie on left side for the enema.

Gently insert tip, pointed towards belly button. It can help to bear down slightly to relax sphincter.

Allow enema to run in very slowly. I try to hold for 15 minutes.

Release enema into toilet. It can be helpful to massage colon around abdomen, start at bottom right inside hip, up to bottom of ribcage, across, then down the left side.

I immediately repeat the process a second time. Again be sure to run the air out of the line.

Wash bag and hag to dry afterwards out in the open. I run H2O2 through it every few days.

It is most helpful if you have a bowel movement beforehand, otherwise first enema might be hard to hold. There's various opinions on which coffee to use, light or dark, roasted or not... I prefer dark roasted, it's the most easily available and affordable for me.

I like this write-up for some helpful tips on holding the enema, need to scroll down:

http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2014/06/bulletproof-coffee-enema/

I think that mostly covers it. Coffee enemas have been the biggest help for my detoxing, I can't say enough good things about them. Good luck!

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seems intimidating but its not. Go to Trader Joe's get a can of organic coffee(grind them at the store). Go get a steel pot with a lid. Buy the old fashion enema kit. That is all you need.

3 heaping tsp in 2 cups of water. Bring to a rolling boil for 3 mins. cover & simmer for 8-10 mins. Let it cool off...add two more cups of filtered water. Once its luke warm you can proceed with the enema.

by trial and error I have found they are easier to hold and more effective if you do a warm water enema before the coffee enema. Hold the water for 5 mins and you'll be fine.

proceed with coffee enema...hold for 15 mins while lieing on your left side....

certainly there are many variations on the internet.

hopefully you find the as beneficial as I have.

and if you had asked me 4 years ago if I would ever do one I would have laughed out loud.

I also find that you'll want to take a binder right before doing a coffee enema. I take chlorella and activated charcoal.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny QZ and I were typing at the same time....my approach was more down and dirty...no pun intended.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
~ 4 tbs. organic, caffeinated coffee

~ 4 cups pure water

~ French press (to avoid exposure to plastics in the brewing process.

~ Enema bag, available at drug store, doubles as hot water bottle.

Brew coffee. I'd start with 1 tbsp grounds the first time to see how you do. Try to hold coffee for 15 min. You likely won't be able to at first, or ever, but consider it a goal.

Pretty much the same as the others have said. [Smile]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Thanks.

clicking on walmart site next to order bag

gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you guys tell me what benefits you got from doing the coffee enemas?

Did you feel noticeably better?

I have only done it once and didn't notice a difference.

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have alot of toxic stuff in the colon - it may be better to try a plain water enema first - to get used to doing it.

When I was detoxing alot of parasite "stuff" - the plain water one was better.

You do get a direct "hit" of the caffeine since it goes directly into your blood system. It can be too stimulating if you are sensitive or detoxing heavily.

If you do a coffee enema, don't do it in the evening...

If I remember correctly - the idea of the coffee is to stimulate the gall bladder to release bile which is cleansing to the ducts. This occurs by holding in the coffee & laying on your side (I forgot if it's right or left).

This worked for me but I really was just trying to get toxic materials out of my colon. For this purpose - the plain water enema was good enough.

In my case, I don't think I need to do coffee or plain water enemas all the time. Some people are really into them & do them alot. I guess it depends on the reason or your particular health needs.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Max Gerson who developed the Gerson therapy for cancer had much success. Mandatory coffee enemas daily to help detox although he recommends several a day. dr Shinya, the gastroenterologist who developed the colonoscopy in the 1960's is all for coffee enemas! Up to two a day he says is fine. I will always do coffee enemas now. They help so much

Don't try to hold 4 cups initially. Your goal is 15 minutes but it may be easier to try holding one cup for a few minutes, release and then try again. They are difficult to hold

The gerson clinic recommends Cafe Mam therapy roast for coffee enemas. It's organic and made specifically for coffee enemas.

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

NOt sure if I said I ordered the enema kit. I have not received it yet.

I will check email to see when to expect it.

kam
Member # 3410

I will read all the info when brain is doing well enough to do so.

I do not know if I told you the doctor's words that helped me know it was time to find a way to do this.

he said the magic word..it helps with detoxing.

And that some of his patients are not able to go to work if they do not do their morning coffee enema. Wow.

I am not expecting to go to work but it would be nice to not be bedridden for the most part.

kam
Member # 3410

I also was off line for a few days. Learned it was not a cable problem but old computer problems.
kam
Member # 3410

The doc also said something about glutathione being in the process. Sorry. I will be glad when I can take in a complete sentence I hear verbally.
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also take NAC to boost glutathione. I've read about coffee enemas and glutathione but I don't know if there are any actual studies that prove this.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam -- Doing the coffee enema is believed to boost glutathione production. Glutathione is believed to be important for detoxing.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I was curious so I found this:

www.gerson.org

Scientific Basis of Coffee Enemas

https://gerson.org/pdfs/How_Coffee_Enemas_Work.pdf

kam
Member # 3410

got the kit yesterday. i was hoping to have it opened and know what to do with it this am but health has not been doing well enough to do so.

So, maybe today will be better and I can do an enema tomorrow morning. I like the idea of just doing a regular enema first so we shall see.

Wouldn't it be something though if it just took a coffee enema to help my health improve this am.

kam
Member # 3410

Still not able to read all you wrote.

But, caregiver did the prep work today.

Makes me angry that I was working on my masters and now I can not read instructions on how to do an enema or the doctor's notes on what I need to do and when.

Got first enema done today. Just made me very weak and shaky. Too weak to clean up after wards so just put everything in the shower.

I was able to run water thru the tubing, etc and wash off the towel I used..but do not know if the coffee stains washed out yet..all are on the floor of the shower.

When stronger I will try and clean things up and squeeze out the water in the towel so it can dry.

This is going to be a learning curve. I really need to do this while the caregiver is here as I got pretty dizzy.

She left as the coffee was still too hot while she was here.

Plus, I get so weak, I may need help getting up off of the bathroom floor.

kam
Member # 3410

Dave..forgot about the charcoal. I will try and remember to do that next time.
kam
Member # 3410

forgetting the coffee for now and just trying to clean out the system best i can...

taking magnesium, vit c and drinking detox tea.

also doing water enema..but still running into blockage.

kam
Member # 3410

ok able to read some of the posts. they help alot.

i will come back and read more.

kam
Member # 3410

want to get this step out of the way before is start the stuff they will cause herxing
sparkle7
Member # 10397

It's good to start off with just plain water. The coffee is an added step. It adds confusion and is messy if you aren't used to doing enemas.

Adding the coffee is good but it helps to get used to the whole idea at first & then add the coffee. It may have made you shaky due to the caffeine. You can cut the coffee with water to make it less strong, as well.

kam
Member # 3410

thanks. good advice.
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam, for some people 3 Tbsp is too strong. If you don't feel noticeably better you might try just 1 T. I've done this (ran out) and it still works.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, they work. Very helpful. They are a part of what gave me back my life. Don't tell too many people about it and you will be happy with your decision.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to give thsi a try again when health is doing strong enough to do so.

thanks for the encouragement and suggestions

Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement