LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Which infections cause excess saliva/swallowing?? Anyone have this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which infections cause excess saliva/swallowing?? Anyone have this?
Lymie1723
Member # 46174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymie1723     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys

About 2 weeks into my Babesia treatment [Malarone and Crypto Plus], I noticed a new symptom, increased saliva production on the tip of my tongue that forces me to consciously swallow every 10-20 seconds. However I have no issues swallowing and when sleeping this doesn't seem to bother me or wake me up for some reason. Does anyone know if this is Babesia or something else and what could be done to help? I also suspect I might have intestinal worms if that could be another cause.

Thanks

Posts: 29 | From Dallas | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I def would suspect parasites since they can cause excess saliva and drooling. Google parasite symptoms and check out the extensive list on Humaworm.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymie1723
Member # 46174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymie1723     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, do you mean parasites in the gut or parasites in the blood like Babesia?
Posts: 29 | From Dallas | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parasites in the gut. Google the symptoms.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymie1723
Member # 46174

Is there anything that can be done to cure it? The salivating is driving me nuts. Do I need to do some kind of intestinal worm treatment or just focus on lyme and co and the rest will correct itself?
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try MSM unless you have a sulpher allergy. It also releases toxins from the cells so not sure what reaction that will produce in somebody that is heavily infected with Lyme.

I give it to my wife and it doesn't bother her, but her infection is very little now.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymie1723
Member # 46174

D Bergy, which cells are you referring to? gut parasite cells?
glm1111
Member # 16556

If you suspect you have worms, then you need antiparasitics.Abx will not kill worms. You need Either herbal or pharma drugs.

Steven Buhner talks about this in his book that you might want to check in to. Have you seen any worms in the toilet? Wondering why you suspect this infection. Check out the PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD here on lymenet.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Lymie1723
Member # 46174

thanks Gael, yeah I saw worms in my stool. I might try a course of Albendazole. Does that also work to kill worms in the intestinal tract? I read you're supposed to take it with fat to enhance absorption into the bloodstream, but wouldn't that reduce its efficacy in the gut?
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bodies cells.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariel25
Member # 45205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariel25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started Rocephin and Tindamax two weeks ago and the same thing is happening to me. It comes and goes. I can't even talk at times because the saliva production is so much. I never had this before and don't think it is a drug side effect.
Posts: 61 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does your doctor say about this?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymie1723 - Here is a website that discusses it. It happens to be an ALS website, not saying that is what you have, I just happen to know that people with ALS experience this problem.

http://www.alsa.org/als-care/resources/publications-videos/factsheets/saliva.html

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymie1723
Member # 46174

i have no issues swallowing or muscle weakness, just seems to be too much saliva production I think.

This is day 6 and starting to worry me, my throat is starting to get sore [muscles getting tired from constantly swallowing]

Should I look into a suction pump to use when awake or just constantly spit it out or something else until I can cure this symptom?

As usual the docs have no clue what this is. If the smart people on this board can't say for sure, neither can the docs. I'm thinking of just taking a bunch of antibiotics in addition to my current babs regimen and hoping for the best.

Lymie1723
Member # 46174

I should add I'm also gonna run some heavy metals tests to make sure this isnt a metals overload/release from pathogens/biofilms breaking up. I thought of that as a cause as well. But one would imagine if I had metals toxicity to any degree salivating wouldn't be my only symptom right? If it was metals you would expect drooling/muscle weakness right? Which I dont have.

[ 11-28-2015, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Lymie1723 ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement